Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
Rosacea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guest1

Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi folks,
I{m a 23 yr old male with hyper sensitive skin around and on my nose. I{m thinking now that it may be rosacea, although a few dermatologists failed to spot this. I have very large pores, small pustules around and on my nose (1mm diameter) and excessive oil. The skin goes red and dry when i wash. Also I go red in the face very easily.

Rosacea perhaps?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
My sister has Rosacea. She had a series of Photo Facials and had a dramatic improvement to the condition.

You are most likely aware that extreme temperature changes, spicy foods, alcohol aggravate Rosacea.

I noticed when reading about Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream (which I love) calms redness. I will do more research on products for Rosacea and get back to you.

Photo Facial really helps!!! Can be expensive.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
It could be rosacea but not necessarily. You could just have sensitive skin. Try to get a recommendation of a good derm and see what they say. You could also do a google search on Rosacea as sites often have pics of people with various levels of Rosacea. That might give you an idea if what you have is very similar to what the pics show. I'm not suggesting that this in itself is a diagnosis at all, just an idea.
crinklecut
5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:31 am      Reply with quote
On another thread ("red cheeks," I think), Sothys Clearness Serum for Fragile Capillaries was recommended for skin with redness issues. I was going to research it a little more thoroughly this morning, but I had a brain freeze Embarassed and ended up researching Phytomer instead. Laughing Lo and behold I discovered a product that might be worth considering: Phytomer Accept Soothing Protective Anti-Blotch Cream. This is the first I've heard of it and I'm wondering if anyone else on the forum could add their comments. I copied a description below:

The therapeutic value of the sea on the human body is well known and Phytomer, an uncontested leader in the field, specializes in extraction techniques that utilize the best marine elements for body treatments.

Phytomer Accept Soothing Protective Anti-Blotch Cream

Gives even the most sensitive skin glowing protection. Enriched with Drieline, this cream protects the skin from harmful rays, and calms reactions such as spontaneous redness, to the sun.

The Accept Line offers Hypoallergenic care for reactive skin. ACCEPT Cream is specifically formulated to soothe sensitive skin prone to reactions.The Accept skin care products have marine concentrates whose physiological composition is very similar to that of the intracellular fluid of the skin. Accept features CHLORACTINE and PHYCCOSACCARIDE Anti-inflammation.

~Chloractine® (to calm redness and improve micro-circulation), this specific treatment cream with its delicate texture is ideal for sensitive skin or those with redness. It rapidly calms the skin from discomfort. It makes the skin more supple and provides a sensation of intense softness and freshness. Chloractine acts as a barrier to the external aggressors that effect sensitive skin. It is known for its abilities to improve circulation, reinforce the capillary walls, and facilitate the transport of oxygen to the skin.

~Phyccosaccharide Anti-inflammation effect on the Langerhans cells( the skin's defense cells are the Langerhan cells). Created by bio-technology, it has been shown to immediately soothe the skin, stimulate its defenses, and repair damaged tissue. The soothing and repairing capabilities are immeasurable.

Accept Protective Anti Blotch Cream with SPF 15 Protection is perfect for daytime use, and the Original Accept Soothing Skin Cream at night!!!

Langerhan cells act through Two primary mechanisms:

The first is to pick up foreign molecules and bacteria off the skin. The second is to improve cell regeneration and the condition of blood vessels in damaged or invaded epidermal areas.

* Soft & soothing, provides coolness to calm heat sensations.
* Award Winning Moisturizer reinforces frail damaged capillaries to reduce redness and blotchiness.
* Beneficial for Rosacea, Couperose, Inflamed Acneic, and Allergic skins.
* Ideal for use after aggressive skin care routines ( Accutane, Retinols, AHA's etc.) and overexposure to UV rays.
* Terrific results and protection after Microdermabrasion and laser treatments.
* The Original Accept Soothing Skin Cream is perfect for night time use.

Whaddya think?

crinklecut ~~~
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:13 am      Reply with quote
uhmmm...

well, be it sensitive skin, allergic reactions, rashes, or rosasea, u may want to try Thalgo Plasmalg Marine Gel by Thalgo... i heard it's a great product worth investing in... i, too, have very sensitive skin that pretty much react to most of the cosmetic products... i can no longer tell whether one minute that i'm just having rashes from simple allergy or weather changes or the other minutes from rosasea or eczema... what i used to do was applying the steroid cream on anything that appears kinda red and flaky... but i am a little reluctant to continue using the steroid cream all-year-round in fear of developing resistance to it... so i asked around and did some research about this particular product... i just ordered a bottle (~$17.00USD) and await for it to arrive... maybe i can let u know more about how effective it is after trying it personally...

the following is a brief description of the product that i downloaded from a website:

Thalgo Plasmalg Marine Gel

An all-purpose, quickly absorbed Marine Algae Gel that provides vitamins, minerals and micro-nutrients.

Product Details:A must have for everyone! Think of this as your first-aid kit. This gel contains Marine Algae and is full of vitamins and minerals, but what you can use it for won't fit on the label. If you are experiencing any kind of imbalance with your skin, then just apply some Plasmalg. The gel can be used on bug bites, rashes, psoriasis, eczema, sun burn, cuts, abrasions, burns, razor burn, allergic reactions, and acne. If you experience redness and irritation after having any part of your body waxed, then apply plasmalg. We've even had clients say that the Plasmalg has helped their Rosacea. You don't have to have something wrong with your skin to use Plasmalg. You can apply it over your body and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before showering. This can be very balancing for the skin.
Benefits: Penetrates quickly, provides elements needed for a healthy skin, helps relieve skin ailments.
Key Ingredients: Fucus, Laminaria and Lithotamnium Algae, Alginates.
Unit Size: 150ml

hope this is helpful and good luck!! Surprised
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I don't have this problem, but my friend did and she uses purple emu blemish control. Apparantly it makes it worse to start, but then skin just clears up. My pal's skin is flawless, but I saw old photos and it was pretty bad, so maybe it may work for you guys. She is letting me have a sample for mini-me to try on her acne, so I'll report back when she's tried it for a while. This is the website

http://www.purpleemu.com/

Liz Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
clinique has a redness relief cream that i want to try, it's call "clinique CX redness relief" they where call sold out. So i have to wait for a new shipment.. Prscriptives also has a redness relief.. it does work.. i've tried..good luck man
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
The National Rosacea Society's website contains helpful information. Check it out if you like at http://www.rosacea.org/
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 19, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |