Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone Heard of Safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I think (hope!) that Keliu made a mistake in typing out the price there. I nearly choked when I saw it! The price on the Winhealth site seems to be £150 + VAT (£172.50).

Shoot!! That was for the STOP device! Rolling Eyes Sorry 'bout that!

I paid AUD$349.45 including postage to Oz. Can't find a copy of the invoice, so forget what the postage was exactly. We don't have to pay the VAT but we're at the mercy of exchange rates.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I was going to order from here (cheapest I could find):

http://www.peak-nutrition.co.uk/skin_care/anti_aging/safetox_anti_wrinkle_device.htm

How many electrode refill packs should I order for the first time? TIA!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
majorb wrote:
I think (hope!) that Keliu made a mistake in typing out the price there. I nearly choked when I saw it! The price on the Winhealth site seems to be £150 + VAT (£172.50).

Shoot!! That was for the STOP device! Rolling Eyes Sorry 'bout that!

I paid AUD$349.45 including postage to Oz. Can't find a copy of the invoice, so forget what the postage was exactly. We don't have to pay the VAT but we're at the mercy of exchange rates.

Laughing

Thank goodness! I thought you'd been overcharged or something!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
In the name of Dame Edna Everage "scuse I"
photo queen Laughing

Have a gladdy darling!

Smile

PQ
EyesWithoutaface
5% products discount

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
OK like most everyone I am in love with my safetox. The only grip I have is the slightly cheap plastic build and the very expensive replacement pads.

Since I want to get the most out of each pad I had got into the habit of doing several treatment cycles each time I use it. I prefer to always use the highest setting and frankly I can go through 10 cycles and I quite enjoy the sensation. Is there a negative to overusing it, and will using it more speed up or improve the results?

Also I wonder if it is possible to use it without the electrodes to save cost. I know it usually shuts off but I have noticed when the batteries get a bit weaker it seems to work without the electrodes on the low setting.
orionomega
5% products discount

Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine yesterday (thru Win-Health, arrived in Calif. @ 6 days after I ordered it) and the sensation is definitely a bit scary initially however I quickly found the intense feeling is really pleasantly addictive.

My question is that in the instruction booklet it talks about trying to use the muscles at the back of the skull to try and pull your hairline back. It's only been one day(!) but I can't even slightly feel those muscles.

Will I eventually be able to do that as those rear muscles become more activated as a result of the Safetox making the forward muscles more relaxed?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I've missed a post or ten but I thought there was a special offer happening with electrodes (someone PMed me, though I am a UK gal so it's probably not relevant to me).

I dearly want one too, keeping an eye on ebay! Smile

The electrode thing puts me off somewhat..when I had a Cleo Q they charged a silly amount of money for teeny plastic pads. Using Tac Gel made them last a bit longer but it was still a lot of £s. Shame there isn't a Safetox with pads you could fill with water like the Tua (which I'm lemming after too)!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
orionomega wrote:
My question is that in the instruction booklet it talks about trying to use the muscles at the back of the skull to try and pull your hairline back. It's only been one day(!) but I can't even slightly feel those muscles.

Will I eventually be able to do that as those rear muscles become more activated as a result of the Safetox making the forward muscles more relaxed?

Can't fee the muscles at the back of my head either!

5% products discount

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to find something that might replace the pads for the safetox. I think it would work even better without them they are just a design element to rake in the $$$ as usual.

Also I have found using it 10+ times a day greatly increases it's effectiveness. Honestly it's sort of addictive since I work from home I just leave it on and use it dozens of times. Good rechargeable batteries work fine.
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Does it also effect crowfeet and the lines under your eyes because that's my real problem area.
do you have to replace those patches ( or was it something else) every single time you use the safetox?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Finally ordered mine today! My skin is looking good but I absolutely detest those awful 11s - mine are pretty deep. Can't wait to get rid of them.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
ordered mine yesterday. Bring it on Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I finally went ahead and bought the cefaly (headache version of safetox)!!

The latest bout of migraines made me realize I'd take any risk to at least diminish them. There is so little I can find in the way of reviews, so I was umming and ahhing for ages about this. I'm sure when I get it I'll just wish I'd have jumped in sooner.

It's meant to work on the frown lines and forehead wrinks as well, so I'm hoping as a double whammy it has the preventative effect on me. Also, my husband will use it too, and he does have the 11's. So, if I can get him to do it enough, we'll be able to see for sure if it works like the safetox.

I bought from winhealth, as even with the $45

Mad postage, it was far cheaper than anywhere else, as I didn't have to pay the VAT.

Will check in in a couple of weeks...
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
I finally went ahead and bought the cefaly (headache version of safetox)!!

The latest bout of migraines made me realize I'd take any risk to at least diminish them. There is so little I can find in the way of reviews, so I was umming and ahhing for ages about this. I'm sure when I get it I'll just wish I'd have jumped in sooner.

It's meant to work on the frown lines and forehead wrinks as well, so I'm hoping as a double whammy it has the preventative effect on me. Also, my husband will use it too, and he does have the 11's. So, if I can get him to do it enough, we'll be able to see for sure if it works like the safetox.

I bought from winhealth, as even with the $45

Mad postage, it was far cheaper than anywhere else, as I didn't have to pay the VAT.

Will check in in a couple of weeks...

I will be saying lots of prayers for this to work for your migraines. I can only imagine what those with that issue go through.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hope it works too Trigger.
Well got mine from Winhealth yesterday. First time whoo thought I wouldn't make it to the end of level 2. This morning did 2 sessions on 2 and as I am a tough old bird cranked it up to 3 and it was strangely soothing.
I think I am going to love this lots but emabarassed about my family seeing me. They will think I am a fruit loop Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Frodo. That's really kind. Today is my first almost headache free day in three weeks!! Some days were crippling, others managed by wolfing down handfuls of drugs (which I HATE doing). It all began after my gyno put me on the BC pill for pms symptoms... I'm also working at the same time to try to help my body set the hormonal imbalance right. Hopefully this will help settle things down. I'm looking forward to more headache free days than headache days in my near future. I'm totally committed to attacking it from all angles....diet/health/exercise/bio-identicals/adrenal support...and cefaly. Somethings gotta give! Also working with a woman to help build strength in my neck and other weak spots so I can be sure it's not exascerbated by posture etc. It's almost a full time job!

Cefaly's ability to raise endorphin levels in the brain is very positive, as tests have shown that migraneurs have low levels of endorphins. Also theres been some buzz about forehead lifts curing migraines (by cutting the nerve that transmit the pain signals), and this also makes me think that cefaly really might be an answer, as it also 'deadens' the nerve by blocking the pain signals. I'd prefer to use the cefaly than have a lift at the moment. I'm only 35, that can wait Shock

Similar to cefaly's concept is botox which works in some people for relieving migraine, but definitely not all. It depends where your pain is apparently. I have pain (like an icepick stabbing behind my eyeballs) and an ache (like someone has kicked me in the back of the head with steel-capped boots). From my reading it will only help the pain in the front of my head, but even if that's all it does it will be some relief!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I think I am going to love this lots but emabarassed about my family seeing me. They will think I am a fruit loop Laughing

Wearing this thing really does make you feel like a complete dork! I took mine down to Sydney when I went to visit my elderly parents - and I was so worried about how I was going to explain this latest gadget - but neither of them noticed it!! Or, maybe they were too polite to say something, or maybe they're just used to all the nutty things I get up to! Laughing

Trigger, really hope the Celafy works for you. For me, the Safetox isn't a magic bullet for my migraines (which are very similar to yours by the sound of it) but the headaches aren't as severe or as frequent. Still think you should give Botox a try as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
That's hilarious keliu! So, you were walking around with it on in front of them, and nobody said anything? Laughing The thought of it is making me crack up! It's so.............English!

Well it's good to know the safetox did have some effect on your headaches. And I AM thinking of getting the botox. Just need to get motivated to find a doc here in the US that does the shots for headaches. I'm ridiculously lazy when it comes to going to doctors.

Kate, thanks for the thoughts. I think the devices are meant to be soothing. The endorphin rush will probably make it addictive too. Anyone else found that? Hopefully! That way it won't be one of the devices that gets left in the drawer after a while. Your family probably already knows your a fruitloop, so I say just go with it!

One more thing. The cefaly is way more expensive than the safetox. No idea why, as it seems like the same device. I was tempted just to get the safetox instead, but my non-cheapie side told me I'd always wonder what if.
grannysmith

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! This is my first post but I've been lurking for about a month now. I'd like to thank all of you for your invaluable contributions in all areas. I look forward to giving back once I have some experience with the bewildering variety of options we have available these days. Lots to wrap my head around, that's for sure!

Also, I'm delighted to be getting to know some of you over at LouLou's forum and thank-you all for your kindness. *hugs*

So, I received my first gadget. My Safetox arrived the day before yesterday. All my goodies come to my office and I didn't see the package until yesterday. I had my first chance to try it out today.

First, pricing/delivery/service info for interested parties: I got mine from Winhealth in the UK. They shipped it on Sep. 3 and it arrived at my office on the 8th. IMO this is excellent delivery coming all the way from the UK. I had zero problems dealing with Winhealth and found their service professional and painless. Ya gotta love that. Smile

For other Canadian members who may be interested in pricing, my total after exchange came to CDN $505.74 including postage. This includes the Safetox plus 4 of the 12/pk electrode refills and 3 packs of their raw organic cleansing wipes.

I did two sessions today, following the directions closely. Level 1 power was barely noticeable. Level 2 was a significant increase and it was a bit uncomfortable at first, but I quickly got used to it. Tomorrow I'll ramp it up to Level 3 and I hope it knocks my socks off too! Smile

Misc. notes so far: The instructions are fairly complete and clear but apparently there's a learning curve as with so many other things. *sigh* For my second session, I must have applied the electrode just slightly off-centre, and during the Level 2 session the left side of my forehead tingled and undulated right up into my hairline, but nothing happened on the right side. LOL! I dunno! I'll get it sorted out sooner or later. I didn't have any numbness either but my forehead did feel kind of strange afterwards. I've never had botox so I can't compare it but I imagine it must be a similar sensation as others have noted.

So that's it for now. I'll definitely check back and report future progress.

My thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences. Again, especially you Toby (and Keliu! you posted some too didn't you?) for your bravery in posting some before and afters for us. More than anything, those really got my butt off the fence about this gadget. Cheers!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not clear on whether or not anyone sells this in the U.S. I suspect not, but earlier in the thread I saw references to informal distributors.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone found safetox to help with the bottom part of the face? It seems kinda expensive if it only helps the top area and not all over.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, winhealth got the cefaly to me so quickly my head is reeling - literally!!! I've been wearing it for an hour straight. Wowee, the first program, which is the abortive migraine program, is incredibly strong. I could feel a very strong tingling sensation over each eye, and across my entire forehead, as well as up my head as far as the crown. The intensity can be stabilized at any point, if it's too much, and the 20 minute program will not go any higher, and on my first session I stopped when I thought it was as much as I could take. The second session and consequent ones I let go to their full strength, as the booklet said it 'should' be tolerable for everyone. It was very very strong. I wore it for at least four 20 min sessions, and possibly five, as it can be worn all day when a migraine is being suffered, and may take a number of sessions to stop a migraine in it's tracks.

As I'd had the migraine since yesterday, it wouldn't be able to work as well as if I'd just felt the beginnings of one. I will say this though: it numbed the entire area, and definitely bought down the stabbing sensations behind my eyes. The frontal migraine is completely gone. Even my forehead is still almost numb to the touch. Unfortunately I've got pain in the back of my head as well, but that doesn't diminish how great it is to have some relief from the eye pain, and light sensitivity.

I'm going to wear it some more this afternoon, and do the cefaly as much as I can over the next couple of months, as the booklet (very informative btw) says results are cumulative, and some people find it takes a month or two to get the full benefits.

I also got the endorphin rush and 'sense of wellbeing', which is quite a nice thing to get when suffering a migraine. I'm pretty sure my husband is going to love program 3, which is the stress relief/relaxation endorphin boosting program. It's probably not as intense as prog 1 for migraines, which is so strong as to be quite uncomfortable at first. Prog 2 is for prophylactic migraine prevention, and similar I imagine to Prog 3.

I'll be very interested to see if it diminishes my husbands 11's. The fact that it releases endorphins and provides relaxation and stress relief is much more of an attractive idea to him (and therefore more likely to be used) than just a beauty treatment, so I think he'll use it. Particularly if it feels good.

The device itself seems quite light and plasticy, which is why it came as a shock that it was so incredibly strong, and the science behind getting a very effective tens device into such a tiny unit proves it's not a crappy fly by night thing. The two year warrantee helps with that feeling.

All in all, it feels exactly the same as the tens my physical therapist uses on my neck and shoulders. Just as strong, too! I wonder if it would indeed be possible to use a tens device in the same way - just place it between the brows. Also, I wouldn't mind getting some tens to put on the back of my head too, as I get pain there also. Anyway, I'm very excited about cefaly, and I'm hoping it allows me to cut down on drug usage, and will lessen my migraines.

I'm getting an omnilux LED that I'm hoping to use on my neck for the pain there - as well as anti-aging on my face. I think these two things will work well together, as both have anti-aging and pain effects.

I'll let anyone know if I notice my brows lifting at all!! I hadn't noticed much droop, but who knows! Maybe it will look like I've had a little botox....
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving it!!!! I haven't needed to take my migraine meds since I got this thing. I strap it on first thing in the morning and do a few 20 minute sessions in a row, and repeat it throughout the day if I feel like something is creeping up. I don't know how it's doing it, but so far I haven't come near having my usual stabbing pains behind my eyes and dagger through the forehead which has been my constant companion for a couple of years. I'm coming into my hormonal period where things go wacky too, so it will be very interesting to try through this time.

I really wish I'd jumped on the wagon sooner. This is a keeper. I'm using this for my frontal head pain (obviously), and my new LED the Omnilux for my back of head and neck/shoulders, it arrived today, and so far is extremely soothing. It's nice not to just have drugs as the only option for acute treatment.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
trigger,
I am so excited for you. I really have been hoping that this device would be an answer for you and others suffering with migraines. My daughter in law has migraines and I am interested in helping find something that would be helpful for her. Please continue to keep us posted.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm sold!! Between my sinus, head and jaw pain plus the fact that I have few forehead lines that seem to be growing deeper by the day I'd say this looks like my next big investment. Thanks to all who have posted their reviews on this product. You have been very helpful.

So glad to hear things are looking good for you Trigger. I hope for continued relief.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |