Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lecithin for Eye Bags
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ValiCaliGirl

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used lecithin to remove or reduce under eye bags and puffiness?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean applied topically, or as a supplement?

I'll be all over that if it works... Laughing

Welcome!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ValiCaliGirl

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Topical - I came across an old post by noleRN that mentioned it - The post is below

"I just recently got some lecithin from Skinactives and have been applying it to the fat deposits under my eyes for 4 days. HOLY CRAP--the one on my right side is GONE and the one on the left is almost gone. I'm 33 and I was actually considering having a blepharoplasty, but now I don't need to!! It was really cheap too. I massage it for about 15 seconds and leave it on overnight and that's it. It is really thick and sticky though--but worth using."
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Here's everything you ever wanted to know about the wonders of Lecithin....

http://www.lecithin-source.com/egg-yolk-lecithin.html

Running off to do an egg yolk facial... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up Lecithin softgels while I was out food shopping today and ran right home and doused my bloody bags in it........

......Drats! There still there.. Sad

On another note, I really did do the egg yolk facial the other night, and if anyone wants to remember what they looked like 20 years ago, try it..

1 beaten egg yolk (you only need a little though)
1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil (or oil of your choice)

Apply a thin layer, let it dry, and have a look in the mirror from a few feet away...Lawd have mercy, I was a child again..... Laughing

Then I washed it off and back to my old self, although a wee bit 'tauter'.

ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to massage under the eyes to help eliminate the bags and get plenty of sleep seems to help, too.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe the lecithin is the secret behind the old college mayonnaise facial trick? I hadn't thought of that in years...
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, you completely crack me up... "doused my bloody bags in it" Thanks for making me laugh! Laughing

Kassy_A wrote:
I picked up Lecithin softgels while I was out food shopping today and ran right home and doused my bloody bags in it........

......Drats! There still there.. Sad

On another note, I really did do the egg yolk facial the other night, and if anyone wants to remember what they looked like 20 years ago, try it..

1 beaten egg yolk (you only need a little though)
1/2 teaspoon of avocado oil (or oil of your choice)

Apply a thin layer, let it dry, and have a look in the mirror from a few feet away...Lawd have mercy, I was a child again..... Laughing

Then I washed it off and back to my old self, although a wee bit 'tauter'.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone think the "fat burner" mentioned in another thread will help with the fat pads in eye bag?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
Does anyone think the "fat burner" mentioned in another thread will help with the fat pads in eye bag?

OMG.... I never thought of that!

Off to find the 'Noth' thread. (I think that's what it is.)..

ValiCaliGirl

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Iy is worth a try - Not sure if I will purchase the liquid caps or the granules - I will keep you all posted - And if anyone is going to experiment please share your findings Smile
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
An egg yolk facial......great idea. I've stopped eating whole eggs with 2 cartons of eggs in the extra fridge, and I do hate to waste, so I'll eat the whites and save the yolks for beauty treatments Smile

BTW, if you're having muscle inflammations in any part of your body, try giving up whole eggs and bananas in your diet. They're very inflammatory.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
BTW, if you're having muscle inflammations in any part of your body, try giving up whole eggs and bananas in your diet. They're very inflammatory.

Not to get off topic, but thanks Cat, I didn't know that! Besides sugar and white flour are there any other inflammatory foods I should avoid for arthritis pain???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I hear of people use cream which is treat for hemorrhoids to remove eye bag
otiliabraesc

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed I would too do anything to get rid of the liquid under the eyes, cant seem to accept reaching 40 and having them? Does anything really really work, seriously?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
otiliabraesc wrote:
Embarassed I would too do anything to get rid of the liquid under the eyes, cant seem to accept reaching 40 and having them? Does anything really really work, seriously?

Welcome to EDS I was struggling with eye bags over a year ago and tried Easy Eye solutions and have been so completely satisfied. There is a thread about it here and if you will go to page four you will see my before and afters(I am the second set of eyes on the page) and there is 50 pages of information about the products there.
Toby Wink http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=easy+eye+solutions&start=75

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
otiliabraesc wrote:

Argh! The blasted things are a thorn in my side. I've tried everything that can be done at home, including every gadget under the sun.

The only things that have *helped* bring down the swelling of my 'malar' bags by about 25 to 50% (on a great day) is regular and consistent lymphatic drainage massage.

I can accomplish this with my fingers manually and have also had results with using the Derma Wand and Vaculifter.

If you just have the crepy, loose skin kind of bag, then the Easy Eye Tuck Toby mentioned is great for that. Unfortunately it doesn't flatten my heavily fluid filled crescents Sad (Think 'Niki' logo!)

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Well Kassy if you say you have those bags I believe you but I have seen many pictures of you and they aren't detectable at all...so girl friend you are camouflaging them well!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
ValiCaliGirl wrote:
Topical - I came across an old post by noleRN that mentioned it - The post is below

"I just recently got some lecithin from Skinactives and have been applying it to the fat deposits under my eyes for 4 days. HOLY CRAP--the one on my right side is GONE and the one on the left is almost gone. I'm 33 and I was actually considering having a blepharoplasty, but now I don't need to!! It was really cheap too. I massage it for about 15 seconds and leave it on overnight and that's it. It is really thick and sticky though--but worth using."

I also have lecithin from skinactive and tried it last night. I woke up with even greater bags under my eyes. Do you warm it before putting it on? Its kind of sticky and won't it cause more wrinkles as you really have to rub it in. I'll try it again tonight and post my results again.
mariana77

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I came across the forum reading about ways to smooth eye bags caused by fat and would like to know if anyone else tried the lecithin for that and if the results were any good.

I'm starting to try it myself at the moment and I'll let you know if it's working for me me in a few days.

thanks for sharing your experiences!
mansi123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

Most of the eye bags resulting from water retention ( and not fat deposits) are because of toxins that cause water retention.. Toxins indicate kidneys not functaining properly..
That means you need a detox so that all your organs are functaioning optimally..

Whenever I start getting eye bags, I go for a detox and have realised that the problem goes for 3-4 months depending on the level of detox I am doing..

Mansi
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |