Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
My oldest daughter (almost 16) started to use make up Very Happy . I've got her Revlon ColorStay eyeliner (I love Revlon's foundation, so I guessed that eyeliner should be the bomb too).
What I witness every day - after few hours her eyeliner ends up under her eyes. She does not use mascara, so it's not smudging mascara there Laughing .
And somehow this eyeliner is colorstay only when it comes under the eyes - it's impossible to remove with water or tissue, just make up remover required.

Girls, do you have suggestions for good and not very expensive eyeliner? Her eyes are pretty sensitive (I got her Rimmel, but she got red eyes from it).

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Me too! I had one from Revlon, I think, that worked for years and they quit making it now or I can't find it. However, I just bought 2 from Sephora that were by Make up Forever and they were horrible. Supposed to be waterproof but ended up everywhere! But I also bought their waterproof mascara at the same time, and it leaves raccoon eyes as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Could she try using powder eyeshadow along the lashine instead of pencil liner? With a good primer, it should stay and not look as harsh as liner.

Bobbie Brown makes a gel liner that I've heard won't budge but it's tricky to apply - one mistake and it's hard to get off to start over.

Also MAC makes a Liquilast liquid liner that is pretty longlasting. Again, it takes practice to get it right.
Have fun!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Could she try using powder eyeshadow along the lashine instead of pencil liner? With a good primer, it should stay and not look as harsh as liner.

Thanks fawnie!
I will ask her to try Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I really like MAC PowerPoint liners. They go on smoothly and last.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
oops - I meant lash line, not lashine, but you get it.
Good idea about PowerPoint. I forgot those.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I have always had good results with the eyeliners from Lancome. They don't smear and smudge so that you look like a racoon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:

Bobbie Brown makes a gel liner that I've heard won't budge but it's tricky to apply - one mistake and it's hard to get off to start over.

Also MAC makes a Liquilast liquid liner that is pretty longlasting. Again, it takes practice to get it right.
Have fun!

She refused idea of eyeshadow. Teenagers Rolling Eyes

Septembergirl wrote:
I have always had good results with the eyeliners from Lancome. They don't smear and smudge so that you look like a racoon.

Will go get one today Smile

Thanks Girls!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I find the new Chanel waterproof eyeliner works really good. It's not much of a waterproof, but it does not smudge. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner with some eye shadow on top really works.
Both my suggestions are not cheap.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend the gel eyeliner from smashbox. The set I got comes with the brush so make it eary to apply. This one does not smudge on me.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Body Shop has acceptable eyeliner products at reasonable prices.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Must be Bobbi Brown gel eye liner, I have
used so many brands of eye liner, and bobbi brown is the best!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
The Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners are truly awesome.

Sephora makes a nifty bent eyeliner brush, which is wonderful for applying gel or dampened eyeshadow as a liner.

An inexpensive drugstore liner I really like is the Rimmel pencils. They have great staying power on me.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
MAC powerpoint eyeliners don't smudge on me (and i get pretty oily around the eye area) they are not too much more expensive than the revlon colorstay liner, maybe $4-5 difference.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, or MAC eyeliners. However, the trick is to get the gel on properly. The best brush Bobbi Brown ultra thin eye liner brush and clean it with waterproof mascara remover.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Clinque Quickliner for Eyes ($14.50)...it is one of the few that doesn't smudge on me.

The Shy Brown is a nice lighter brown (it is lighter than it looks on the link below)...I use that for every day, and Roast Coffee for evenings.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4897&PRODUCT_ID=PROD516

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:03 am      Reply with quote
I use Lancome, it is waterproof and does not smudge.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, what's good for lining the inner rim of the eye? I've tried so many but, they either don't go on nicely or they only last a few minutes Confused
A few years ago I bought a cheap liner pencil. It was GREAT! Of course, I can't remember what it was. I've been looking for something as good since I used it up. WAAAAHHHH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I like the Clinque Quickliner for Eyes ($14.50)...it is one of the few that doesn't smudge on me.

The Shy Brown is a nice lighter brown (it is lighter than it looks on the link below)...I use that for every day, and Roast Coffee for evenings.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4897&PRODUCT_ID=PROD516

Checked the link and that Shy Brown looks wonderful for the undereyes. I've been looking for a lighter shade of brown but find many are too dark I guess because they're eyeliners.

Thanks for posting this one!
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking for a waterproof eyeliner to wear in the pool and found a good one by Maybelline (yes, Maybelline). It's inexpensive, comes in brown and black, and it works better than some of the expensive ones I tried previously.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I work in a very humid kitchen and struggled to find a good waterproof mascara & eyeliner.

The best EVER for liner is
MAC Power Point. This stuff is water proof, does not run. It is about $14 but well worth it and the colors are beautiful.

I have industry (black), so there jade (blue/green), forever green (forest green) and sage grass (greyish, hand forged (bronze/gold). These are soft & beautiful to apply. Worth every penny.

If you spend $6 here & there for Rimmel & Maybelline eventually it adds up. Id say splurge & get the MAC powerpoint.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:01 am      Reply with quote
You can try Bobbie Brown 's gel eye liner, it can last for one day, but if you are a beginner of makeup, then it may be a little hard for you to "draw" a smooth and fine eyeliner...
bluecatbaby

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I had problems with gel eyeliner smearing. I had been applying over sunscreen and concealer. I think that their silicones and oils acted like makeup remover and softened the liner. Now I apply it onto clean dry skin and it doesn't smear. If she tries a new liner and it smears, she might be using a similar makeup technique.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, what's good for lining the inner rim of the eye? I've tried so many but, they either don't go on nicely or they only last a few minutes Confused
A few years ago I bought a cheap liner pencil. It was GREAT! Of course, I can't remember what it was. I've been looking for something as good since I used it up. WAAAAHHHH!

I use MAC eyeshadow in Carbon.
i wet my angled brush and then get some carbon on it and then line my inner eyes- the look is very intense, but you can get a less intense colored shadow to use as well. It stays on really well and looks really precise.
Remy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:

Mars, I’ve heard lining your inner rim with eyeliner can be harmful so it’s better to apply to the lash line. I’m not 100% positive if this is the case, but I rather be safe than sorry. I guess research is the best bet. I think it looks more natural applied to the lash line and makes your eyes look bigger.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |