Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
bethany wrote:

I went into the bathroom, put on a rubber glove, wet a cotton round and proceeded to wipe down the back of my leg in a cavalier manner. AND THEN THE BURNING BEGAN. AND IT CONTINUED. AND I SWORE REPEATEDLY AT MPSTAT.

I'm so sorry, Bethany - I'm not mocking your pain - but, OMG - your post made me snort tea at my monitor!!!

Laughing She cracks me up all the time!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the update, Mishey. Let me know who the area looks when the scab falls off. So, you did 3 coats at 20% TCA? (Have you done your whole face with the 20% TCA? And, if so, what were your results with that?)

Hi Riley. No I haven't done the face with that strenght. I used the 20% for my arms but only did 2 coats on them so didn't frost. I had a heavy flaking as a result. My face I did 2 coats of 12.5% and also had just flaking from that. It was my first time trying at home peels so I was pretty conservative and didn't go for the frost. I was looking for rejuvenation effects mostly. After that I heard about the dermaroller and liked the sound of NOT removing the skin for rejuvenating.
Will keep you posted on the spot, the scab's still there right now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mishey, appreciate the reply!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
UGH.....I am sitting at the pc, writhing in agony while I try to distract myself from the H2O2 eating my flesh. Confused

I spot treated all my SK's tonight, including some colorless (but still abnormal) cells on the top of my hand.

Give me P!
Give me an A!
Give me an I!
Give me an N!
What does that Spell??
P A I N !!!!

Yes, it hurts like hell. But I am a glutton for punishment and am doing it anyway. Very Happy

The interesting thing is that I actually had some bubbles appear on the SKs this time...hopefully that means that they will be peeling off soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Go Bethany!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, Bethany! I hope that everything works out - and the pain is for a good cause...

I'll be anxious to hear how your H202 treatment works...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Bethany. Sorry it was so painful.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
What is the formula for changing the strength of glycolic acid?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
moon nymph wrote:
What is the formula for changing the strength of glycolic acid?

It depends on strength of the original glycolic acid solution. If you want to get 35% solution out of 70% glycolic acid, the ratio will be half water - half glycolic acid. If you need weaker solution, dilute with more water, and for stronger solution dilute with less water.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
UGH.....I am sitting at the pc, writhing in agony while I try to distract myself from the H2O2 eating my flesh. Confused

I spot treated all my SK's tonight, including some colorless (but still abnormal) cells on the top of my hand.

Give me P!
Give me an A!
Give me an I!
Give me an N!
What does that Spell??
P A I N !!!!

Yes, it hurts like hell. But I am a glutton for punishment and am doing it anyway. Very Happy

The interesting thing is that I actually had some bubbles appear on the SKs this time...hopefully that means that they will be peeling off soon.

I didn't wash off the H2O2 on Tusday night, and had a much more intense reaction...the SKs and a significant area around each one blistered up, and you could see the fluid moving in there. Shock The back of my hand also got VERY swollen. But 48 hours later, they are all starting to dry up, though they are still very red and somewhat tender. I am going to put Retin A on them to help speed up the healing and the exfoliation.

I have spotted some others I want to treat, but I figure I will see what happens with the current 15+ spots before I add any new ones to the mix.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I didn't wash off the H2O2 on Tusday night, and had a much more intense reaction...the SKs and a significant area around each one blistered up, and you could see the fluid moving in there. Shock The back of my hand also got VERY swollen. But 48 hours later, they are all starting to dry up, though they are still very red and somewhat tender. I am going to put Retin A on them to help speed up the healing and the exfoliation.

I have spotted some others I want to treat, but I figure I will see what happens with the current 15+ spots before I add any new ones to the mix.

Hi Bethany - Wow! You are a brave woman! (But then again, I kinda did the same thing with my GA treatment. I had *planned* to do just a few spots the second time I tried it - and, hmmm, kept finding more and more spots to treat! (It's those darn mirrors, I tell you - they're dangerous!!)

Let us know how it all works out!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Tao, they are looking rather ugly at the moment, but I am planning to hit them again sometime this weekend. I just hope that this redness goes away eventually...I look like I have nickle sized mosquito bites all over my scary white legs! Embarassed Shock Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
I had *planned* to do just a few spots the second time I tried it - and, hmmm, kept finding more and more spots to treat! (It's those darn mirrors, I tell you - they're dangerous!!)

I just counted how spots I treated...24!! Shock Shock Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hummmm, thought I'd posted before, but somehow I think I forgot to hit "submit"... *sigh*

Anyway, Bethany, just checking in - how the SKs on your leg doing??
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
It's now been a couple of weeks since I hit the freckle on my hand with th 20% TCA. Not happy with the result. After the scab peeled off the freckle still seemed to be there only slightly lighter. And I do mean slightly. I wasn't sure at first if maybe it was a reddy brown and that it would fade, but no such luck. It doesn't seem to have done a thing. And I've been using a very good sunscreen on it too. Sad I'm either very resistant, or maybe glycolic is better???
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey, I read on makeup artists choice that lactic acid was better for fading freckles. Have you tried that? I used to do weekly 40% lactic acid peels, but I never had great results for fading freckles with it, unfortunately!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
Hummmm, thought I'd posted before, but somehow I think I forgot to hit "submit"... *sigh*

Anyway, Bethany, just checking in - how the SKs on your leg doing??

Honestly...not good. Confused

I have tried 2 approaches...wiping a general section vs. applying H2O2 with a Qtip. Here are my take aways:

- Wiping an area with H2O2 hurts more, but causes less major damage due to the thinner layer

- If you use a Qtip, you need to make sure that it is not too wet...the H202 actually burned holes in my leg BELOW the darn SK's. (this will be a risk with any area that is not flat) I now have a ton of nickle sized sores, and I seriously anticipate a minimum of 3 months for the redness and sores to completely go away..it is THAT bad. I am treating these with Renova each night and just hoping for the best. Sad

- I have some SKs on the tops of my hands...basically colorless, but you can still see abnormal skin shapes and some slightly raised skin areas. I am treating them by applying thin layers every couple of days (and Renova the other nights), and it looks like this approach may be successful. (there are no sores) However, either I have uncovered additional SKs with dermarolling and Retin A, or the dermarolling actually caused the SKs to spread. Shock I have read to not roll SKs, but I never thought they were than major. (Just something to consider)

- I have 2 abnormal skin cell areas right on the middle of my chest, and they always get irritated and itchy. I treated them with the H2O2, and they actually scabbed up significantly after one treatment, which was rather odd. But I am putting cortisone on them (and will do Retin A later), and anticipate that those will heal rather nicely, though it may take several treatments over time. But it certainly won't be worse than than having them cut off by a derm. Rolling Eyes

At the end of the day, I am advocating a slower approach in order to avoid the horrible sores. Thank goodness I usually wear pants.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Mishey, I read on makeup artists choice that lactic acid was better for fading freckles. Have you tried that? I used to do weekly 40% lactic acid peels, but I never had great results for fading freckles with it, unfortunately!

No Riley I haven't tried that. Definately something I will consider, thanks.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Bethany I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you. I'm glad you've found a method that works better for you. And if I ever get these horrid SK's I'll definately follow your advice and go slow. Good thing it's winter over there in the US hey. You can wear trousers every day for 3 months no problem. You never know they may look better sooner than that. Pray
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Bethany I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you. I'm glad you've found a method that works better for you. And if I ever get these horrid SK's I'll definately follow your advice and go slow. Good thing it's winter over there in the US hey. You can wear trousers every day for 3 months no problem. You never know they may look better sooner than that. Pray

Mishey, I would be thrilled if they did look better soon, but the circulation in my legs is not the best and these will take a very long time to go away.

After they heal I may break out the hydroquinone and try to get them to match my ultra white corpse legs. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, they might heal faster then you expect, and hydroquinone is definitely a good idea. I started applying it as soon as it was possible, and it was a good move.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Bethany, they might heal faster then you expect, and hydroquinone is definitely a good idea. I started applying it as soon as it was possible, and it was a good move.

Thanks...I am going to pull out my ProLight to treat them too. Maybe I'll add some Nu Derm Clear or Blender to the Retin A I am also treating them with.

On a positive note, I have had 2 spots of abnormal cells on my chest for years...they often get red and irritated, and start itching. I had applied some H2O2 to them as well, and while they looked VERY bad for a week+, they are really looking much better now.

The interesting thing is that you can see where the H2O2 literally ATE them away in one application...there are 2 very small dents there. Once that area is fully healed, I am going to start hitting it with the HQ, and possibly the dermaroller down the road if the dents remain (but I doubt they will).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany - good to hear about your positive progress!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is quite amazing how H2O2 eats up abnormal tissue, and does not impact negatively healthy tissue.

I treated one SK spot yesterday with a mix of glycolic acid, and H2O2. I did accidentally touched the mix with my fingers and spread it way more around the spot then I should. ALL these froze big time!... my fingers skin on leg! Today everything looks normal except SK area where a scab formed.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Bethany - good to hear about your positive progress!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It is quite amazing how H2O2 eats up abnormal tissue, and does not impact negatively healthy tissue.

Actually, it did some very significant damage to some healthy skin on my legs, but I am chalking that up to operator error because I did not put it on thin enough and droplets sat and ate up my healthy skin. Embarassed

But on another positive note, I have been hit VERY hard with a major relapse on my systemic yeast infection, and I just read that 35% H2O2 is one of the few things that Candida cannot become resistant to. I will be adding it to my drinking water, believe it or not! (in VERY small quantities, of course).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have read that H2O2 can be extremely beneficial when taken internally, and even in veins, diluted of cause. There are special regimens how to take it. One thing I remember it should NOT be taken with food. I considered getting on this regimen myself that is how I ended up with H2O2 in my fridge that I used for SK touch ups Laughing If you google how to treat various illnesses including cancer with H2O2 you should get a lot of results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |