Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
For Vitamin C Serum DIYers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TanyaB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Girls,

Few days ago I prepared new portion of Vit. C serum and added 1 drop of Bulgarian Rose Essential Oil.
It smells divine, but will Vitamin C be still effective?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
I'm very interested in making my own Vit C serum.

KassyA, could you share exactly how you make yours? (i.e. measurements of each) Do you mix them all together or are there steps to follow?

Also, for these ingredients, where do I find it at? I live in the States - are there stores which may carry it or are the internet sites best?

I did come across Carekate's recipe - but now that others have experimented, I'm wondering if it's been enhanced further like Kassy did.

I also saw that Carekate used poly---something which others said was hard to find. Glycerin was mentioned too but cautioned to be sticky? My mature skin tends to be slightly oily with dryness on the cheek area so I don't think I want something which feels "sticky".

Thank you for any advice, ladies!

I'd be happy to offer you my opinion and suggesstions, and also look forward to hearing everyone elses ideas as well. (We have much to learn and share with each other.. Laughing )

Not one hour ago, I shared this recipe with an "EDS" friend, so I'll copy it here for you guys as well. You'll notice in the ingredients, I've incorporated a teaspoon of Remergent DNA in there. The reason being; the oil form of vitamin C + other goodies that are in there, will benefit the serum without hurting the low PH needed.. (For me it's all about experimenting with the best possible ingredients.) This particular recipe has worked nicely for me the past few weeks. It's my version of Skinceuticals C, E + Ferulic, with a kick!...... Laughing

15% Vitamin C Serum ( 08/17/08 ), 1oz

1 teaspoon L-Ascorbic Acid
3 teaspoons Distilled Water
1 teaspoon SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1 teaspoon Remergent DNA cream (You 302 girls, can substitute with your THDA product!)
1/2 vial Ferulic Acid
1/2 capsule of MSM supplement (be sure it's one with NO fillers!)
6 drops of Vitamin E oil

Dissolve the C in the water stirring frequently till no crystal remains (10 minutes or so), to that now add the powders; (MSM + Ferulic) and stir till dissolved. In a separate little glass stir together the remaining ingredients; (SKB, Vit E, + DNA cream) + stir till mixed well. Now add it all together stirring for 3 or 4 minutes, and transfer it into a dark blue or amber 1oz dropper bottle. (Two glass shot glasses are perfect for mixing up this serum.)

A 1oz bottle last's me between 7 + 9 weeks and I apply to face, neck, decolette' + hands. I keep it in my bathroom, but it's good to keep any C products in the fridge.

I buy my ingredients at several different places. Here's a couple;

http://www.skinactives.com/

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/index.php?cPath=46

http://www.makingcosmetics.com/index1.html

The last one is especially helpful as there is a ton of info and advice, as well as good conversion charts for the DIY'er!

CareKate's recipe is exactly how I got my start down the DIY path. I love her recipe's and have learned much from her posts in general. Her vitamin C recipe is especially nice recipe for getting your feet wet. It's easy to make and effective. The ingredient your trying to remember is 'propylene glycol'. It gives the serum a nice consistency and stabilizes it somewhat. I don't like it though personally, because I feel it just lays on my skin and hinders penetration. Glycerin is great for mature/dry skin, but most people find it too greasy unless it's used in a very tiny amount..

With so many extroardinary ingredients out there these days, it's fairly easy to do a bit of research and make yourself one h*ll of a cream or serum. I love to research the top of the line, hot products + ingredients, check out any patents, and then get busy in my kitchen.........It's certainly not for everyone, but for me it's a wonderful hobby with extremely amazing benefits and most importantly, results.. Very Happy

HTH!........As always, I'm happy to share with ya'll....Image
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love skinactives and would highly recommend DMAE(it tightens) and Let's Make collagen. Everything I have gotten from skinactives has been great for my skin. My only regret is that I am just now finding out about it.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Blesstd,

My recipe is reaaally simple, that's why I like it! It's just the tetra (long name) vitamin C and rice bran oil. It's 10% of the tetra vitamin C. I also recently added some argan oil to it. You can use any carrier oil that your skin likes. Argan oil is supposed to be great for acne prone skin, it's the latest thing. Rice bran oil is also supposed to be good for acne prone skin, it's rich in vitamin E and highly stable and it's cheap, so that's why I started with rice bran oil.

I don't really recommend using it in the morning. It is an oil, after all. All I use in the morning after cleansing is sunscreen.

blesstd wrote:
KassyA, THANK YOU for this very thorough post on your serum. This is just what I was hoping to learn being that Carekate's recipe was quite some time ago. It's creative that you thought to add the Remergent DNA cream! I am just starting to read-up on the Remergent DNA serum and Barrier cream after seeing it mentioned in that skincare book (I can't remember the name and already returned it to the library but it was discussed on the skincare board.)

Nimue, would you mind sharing your recipe too? When using the tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate in an oil base, do you find it absorbs easily or does it feel oily? I'm just wondering about using it in the morning under my make up.

And then I came across a thread on the Skin Medica Vit C Complex. I guess depending on our individual preferences - cost, convenience, etc. - determines the method we try.

I think I'm on "information overload" Embarassed at the moment.

Many thanks again for sharing your expertise!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Thyckecutie wrote:
So basically its better to use Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate(in place of L-absorbic acid), Propleyne and distilled water for a basic Vit C serum?

Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate is 'oil' soluble, so somewhere in your formulation you have to have an oil, silicone or emulsifier.

If you want to keep it really simple, you can use "KY Chafing Powder Gel" as the base. I'd also suggest adding the contents of 2 vitamin E gel tabs to it.

Please don't be afraid of L-Ascorbic Acid.. It really is a power house for the skin. You can also use both forms of C together for a very nice 'more' stable formulation.

I've never heard of "KY Chafing Powder Gel", let alone using it as a base for DIY Vitamin C products. hmm However, I do know that Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel is often used as an ideal base for DIY, oil-soluble, Vit-C solutions.

So Thyckecutie, you can always pop over to Walmart or Target and pick up a tube of this Monistat product (go to the feminine hygiene section), then use it as a oil-soluble DIY base to add your Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (and LAA if you want to), in addition to Vitamin E and Ferulic acid. This combination is essentially giving you a DIY version of Skinceuticals CE Ferulic solution, which is super expensive!

Another favorite use I have of *Monistat SCCR Powder Gel* is as a makeup primer or finishing gel (that I personally apply over oil-prone areas, such as my t-zone, after I've applied my makeup). This Monistat product contains active ingredients (ie., silicones) that are virtually identical to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, except that I find it is actually superior to the Smashbox primer. For the cost, you cannot beat this Monistat product as a DIY base or makeup primer, and I do consider it one of my HG beauty finds!!!!

Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
zyggy wrote:
Kassy, I'm ready to make the serum, but I have an ounce of ferulic acid, so how much is a 1/2 vial?

You have to know what you have to start with, and this will depend where you bought it.. You want to wind up with a concentration of .5 % FA

EX:

Vitamin C 15%
Vitamin E 1%
Ferulic Acid .5%

My FA is in powder form and 1/2 tsp. is enough to make 4oz of cream or serums, so I just divide it further from there. (I'm by no means a math wiz, so much of what I do is a guesstimate)...

Could you put the link here of exactly what you bought? Is it powder? Liquid? Mixed with anything else?

PSF sells Ferulic Acid at a size of 2g for about $5. It looks like a liquid on their website? In case it's helpful, their instructions for use say: Add contents of vial to 1 ounce (30mL/30g) of your favorite serum, cream, or lotion. Dilute. Do not apply directly to skin. Shake or mix well. Not for addition to carbomer-based gels. Water soluble.

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=AXBST&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCCC3
(cut & paste link to work)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
lilsigngrl wrote:
Once you wash and tone in the morning, how do you apply your vitamin C? And which brand do you use to make it yourself? Do you mix it in a moisturizer (base) or just buy and apply?
At night, you cleanse & tone and then, which first? RA or CP? Do you mix either one of those with moisturizers or do you buy a base? And do you need to let one sink in before you can apply the other or apply them consecutively?
One final question: once you get started on an "actives" routine like this, how long do you keep it up?
I have a BQ (LOVE IT!) and just bought a Dermal Tone after reading many rave reviews on this and other sites. Although I'm only 30, I'm trying to get rid of some sags after significant weight loss and am just hoping to make my skin look it's best (who isn't?).
Thanks, again, for all the great advice! Very Happy Very Happy

My recipe for Vitamin C is:

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid powder (available from Skinactives, Bulkactives etc.)
3 tsp distilled water
1 tsp glycerin
1/4 tsp Vit E oil

Apply after toning in the am. Wait 30mins, if possible, before continuing with moisturiser and sunscreen.

At night I use a prescription strength Retin-A, wait one hour then apply CP and follow up with emu oil as a moisturiser. Retin-A should also be applied to dry skin. As for the use of actives - I think a long-term approach is needed to see any results.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
pl79 wrote:
I was just wondering if I can just put the vit A in the serum and mix it together with the vit c serum?
So when I apply it, I only have to apply 1 serum... ...

Hi there, sorry I didn't see your post's till now. My email notification doesn't work!

You can get the Ascorbic Acid powder at the site you noted above. Here's the link to it;

https://www.escentialsofaustralia.com/php/search.php

You'll also need a 1oz dark colored dropper bottle to store it in.

This is what I recommend to use as your base. (I've been working on this serum for the 'Roller Girls' in particular, but everybody will love it, so it priemiers today.. Laughing ) Okay, so this will be the base;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ds-laboratories-viterol-a-p_7303.htm

You'll also need "Distilled water" (nothing else will do!), that you can buy in any grocery store. Also pick up a small bottle of Vitamin E capsules (for an added boost.)

So here it is all together;

What you need;

- Amber or dark colored 1oz dropper bottle
- Ascorbic Acid crystals
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E capsule
- Viterol A for Face (It has vitamin A + Ferulic acid already in there, and the PH is low.. It will give you a perfectly lovely C serum)

Recipe for 15% 1oz Vitamin C serum;

- 1 tsp Ascorbic Acid powder or crystals
- 3 tsp Distilled water
- 2 tsp Viterol A (If you only use this for formulating, you'll have enough to make a years worth of serums!)
- 2 Vitamin E capsules (you'll pierce it, and squeeze the contents into the Viterol A)

Here's how to do it;

Use two shot glasses. In one measure in 1 tsp of Ascorbic Acid, then add the 3 tsp of distilled water to it. Stir a bit, and allow to dissolve completely (5 to 10 minutes).

In the other shot glass, measure in the 2 tsp of Viterol A, then squeeze in the 2 Vitamin E capsule contents and mix this thouroughly.

Once the Ascorbic Acid has "fully" dissolved in the first shot glass, you'll combine the two. Stir well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle..

It is a very stable formulation, and will remain so if kept out of heat and direct light. It will last 2 to 3 months depending on how liberally you use it.

Just an FYI to all my DIY buddies out there.. I came up with this recipe about a month ago, and have been testing it on myself to be sure it was good (I'm also hearing Raves about it, from those I made some for, or shared with!!)... All I can say, is that I believe you won't find a better combination of ingredients, in a very stable base, no matter how much money you spend..

All in all, if you follow my recipe, here's the *main* goodies you'll have;

Vit C - Both AA + Oil soluble varieties
Vit E
Vit A
Ferulic Acid
D-Panthenol (Pro B-5)

And a nanosome delivery system to boot!

If any of you try it, please share what you think here so others can benefit .. Hint, hint to you guys that rave to me in PM's and don't want to share .. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

***Be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen/MMU while using this***

Oh yeah, expect a little peeling the first week or so. With continued use you can expect some firmness, in addition to the usual benefits of C serums.

ETA: Here's the best part; Viterol A at EDS is $35.00 (not counting your discounts!), distilled water is .99/gal, 4oz vit C $4. (will last forever) + vitamin E caps about $5. So for $41. you'll have enough stuff to make more than a year's supply .. (Trust me, I should have gone into business myself with this one... Laughing )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
dagnolia wrote:
so...
i just made a batch of c serum (my very 1st) aand the ferulic acid i put in seems to have not dissolved very well. does it take a few hours, or has my little chemistry experiment gone awry somewhere?

the little chunks seem to go away when i rub a little on my hand, though...

Ferulic Acid is only *slightly* soluble in water, but completely soluble in ethanol... Try dissolving a pinch of FA in 1/2 tsp or so of vodka.

I just posted a C,E, + Ferulic recipe on the the bottom of pg 3 of this thread;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=30621

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I've been away for a while, but keep reading on and off..

Just wanted to let Kassy know I made her latest and greatest, and am LOVING it!

I've always used Carekates recipe, {which is a great starting place} and it was OK, but did take a while to absorb {with me anyway} Your's absorbs so fast, I LOVE IT!

Thanks so much for posting it. In no way am I even thinking I can do all the formulations, so people like you, that share are such a blessing to me..

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this till now. I'm having a heck of a time with my 'watched topics' disappearing into thin air ... Crying or Very sad

Kassy - I've had the same problem with some of my watched topics (seems to be fixed now, fingers crossed), so I just saw today that you had answered a question I asked back in November about using avocado oil as a base for oil-soluble Vit. C. Just wanted to say a belated 'thanks.' Also, I made your C,E,Ferulic serum yesterday and it goes on beautifully - no SKB residue that I could tell. Thanks for all the work you've done on these recipes. Does anyone else find DIY strangely addicting?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting from the 'Dr Kassy' thread, for my DIY buddies .. Very Happy

Vitamin C Serum (Just about 20%)

1 tsp LAA
½ tsp MAP
¼ tsp Ferulic Acid
¼ tsp Vitamin E oil (or whatever other oil you use with high E content)
3 tsp H20 (distilled)
1 tsp SKB
½ tsp Glycerin
½ tsp Hyaluronic Acid
5 gtts Kukui Oil (optional, but supposedly it helps with melasma + hyperpigmentation)

To mix, use 2 shot glasses again;

#1 glass

LAA + MAP stirred into H20, then add Ferulic Acid and stir after the C has dissolved. (It will take about 15 or 20 minutes!) Stir frequently!

#2 glass

Add all other ingredients, stir well. Now add contents together a little at a time, stirring constantly.

Pour into a dark bottle and shake well.

ETA: .. THDA can be substituted for the MAP, but that would need to be added to glass #2 in the oil phase.

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thank you Kassy! And sorry for taking up your time! It's just that the EDS search function isn't very good at weeding out the stuff you don't need...

Fat Swan - I'd like to pass on a search technique that someone else on the forum talked about, which works like a dream. Do an Advanced Search in Google with the terms you want AND at the bottom on the search page, where it says "Search Within A Site Or Domain," putwww.essentialdayspa.com/forum

This will get you where you need to go.

BTW Kassy, I did this for the layering of actives before asking you about it, but there isn't much info... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Kassy, is it because you don't like the V.A? Do you think your vit. c recipe is as good as the VitA.

You've obviously not seen all this debacle:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31623&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=175

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:

Hi
I'm ready to try making my own vit c as well. If I am using retin-a at night should I not add it to vit c?
Out of curiosity, have you ordered your ingredients yet? where have you ordered them from? I know there is a list of sites here but I am just curious.
I am going to skip the vodka as well, I'm a red wine drinker Very Happy
thanks, Lou

Welcome to DIY land Lou!

Never add anything to Retin-A.. Shock Use your C serum in the a.m. and RA before beddy-bye on it's own..

Keep your first C serum nice and simple with C, E, FA, distilled water and a little SKB to emulsify.. You'll love it!

Bulkactives + thepersonalformulator are great places for one stop shopping... I also love skinactives, but they don't have dropper bottles. (At least I've never seen them there.)

ETA: I'm a red wine girl too.... Cheer's!

Busymom

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Kassy,

After correcting from 1/2 tsp to 1/8 tsp of HA and adding 1/4 tsp of Vodka, my vit. C turned out very good. It is not a thick serum like I got before and it absorbed into skin beautifully. Thanks so much...

Josee, have you seen the correction of Kassy about the amount of HA need to use. I used to use 1/2 tsp of HA, and I felt like a mask on my face, I actually could massage to peel it off. I just finished another batch with 1/8 tsp HA and 1/4 tsp Vodka and it absorbed into skin well, no mask feeling.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of MAP and have only added it here and there to a serum or cream.. In fact the cream wound up smelling like hot dogs after a couple of weeks and I'm sure it was the MAP that caused it.

I don't think pH matters if you are using MAP alone, but I'm not positive.. I do know though, that you only need a 5% concentration (or at least that is what I have read.)

As for effectiveness, no other vitamin C derivative beats L-Ascorbic Acid. IMHO, LAA is to MAP, what Retin-A is to Retinol and never the twain shall meet.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
I've printed out about a dozen pages and making up a shopping list. Going to start with the Pre-Treatment Serum for LED Use.

Should I purchase the Hyaluronic Acid as a serum (NCN) or powder (GoW)? I am sure it makes a difference when formulating and I don't want get the wrong one.

I've only ever used the serum, and I believe I purchased it at TPF in an 8oz bottle.. I don't know the 1st thing about the powder, so be sure you know how to figure out what amount will equal one percent in your formulation, because I won't be any help to ya with the powder.

Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I thought a lot of this was put rather succintly by the Melbourne Dermatology website:

"You need the pure vitamin C molecule, delivered at the right concentration, held stable up until the moment of application, at the right pH, unadulterated by ingredients which exist only take up space within a container, mask deterioration or ineffectiveness.

From the 100s if not 1000s of Vitamin C products, there is a serious choice of less than 20, and that's before taking into account skin type and condition.
Keeping everything in focus, and with a view for effectiveness rather than purely cosmetic/"lifestyle" use, this area of skin treatment is far from being the minefield its so often claimed to be.
Its well worth your time and patience to get this right, because topical Vitamin C represents somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/6th of the equation needed to realise the best skin possible."

I would like to get this right because I also understand that oxidation often begins before the serums start to turn in color, so I am not inclined to use the color of the serum as an indicator of freshness Sad

BF
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
I've printed out about a dozen pages and making up a shopping list. Going to start with the Pre-Treatment Serum for LED Use.

Should I purchase the Hyaluronic Acid as a serum (NCN) or powder (GoW)? I am sure it makes a difference when formulating and I don't want get the wrong one.

milbader this is the place I bought the hyaluronic acid from, best price and some additional info at the bottom of product information

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/779.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I thought a lot of this was put rather succintly by the Melbourne Dermatology website:

"You need the pure vitamin C molecule, delivered at the right concentration, held stable up until the moment of application, at the right pH, unadulterated by ingredients which exist only take up space within a container, mask deterioration or ineffectiveness.

From the 100s if not 1000s of Vitamin C products, there is a serious choice of less than 20, and that's before taking into account skin type and condition.
Keeping everything in focus, and with a view for effectiveness rather than purely cosmetic/"lifestyle" use, this area of skin treatment is far from being the minefield its so often claimed to be.
Its well worth your time and patience to get this right, because topical Vitamin C represents somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/6th of the equation needed to realise the best skin possible."

I would like to get this right because I also understand that oxidation often begins before the serums start to turn in color, so I am not inclined to use the color of the serum as an indicator of freshness Sad

BF

This entire post is dead on, and I am in total agreement with it..

Many times I'm asked to come up with a recipe that incorporates 'other' ingredients, and although I don't think it's necessary or very beneficial, I do it anyway simply because I am asked.. When I do it, I still check the pH, and don't post the recipe until I've reached the 3.5 or lower pH, with the ingredients being manipulated to accommodate that.

Long story short in my humble opinion on the 'C' subject is this; L-Ascorbic Acid is KING + the addition of vitamin E + Ferulic Acid make for the very best team effort. Anti-Oxidants are most effective working as a team, and offer a synergistic effect in a carefully prepared C serum...

The addition of a little SKB, and a few drops of vodka and Hyaluronic Acid along with C, E + FA, will give you a very stable, effective C serum, that will result in a brand new look to your skin as the months roll on..

Keep it simple, and you will reap the rewards! Save the other actives for a secondaary serum to use in the evening.. Wink

P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Vit. C spray/toner recipe on page 2 (I think) as part of my dermarolling for stretchmarks protocol (I'm actually using it from head to toe) and I've found a pleasant benefit.

I have keratosis pilaris on my arms that hasn't been helped by any of the typical acidic lotions. The Vit. C spray IMMEDIATELY made a 90% improvement. I've only been using it there for a couple days so I'm hoping the results will get even better. Regardless, this is a fantastic and surprising side effect!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
BF, MAP is soluble in both water or oil.

It's not pH dependant (that I'm aware of), and probably for that reason, is why it's in lots of retail creams, lotions etc..

I added it to a moisturizer I made, and it started to smell like hotdogs after a while.. (I assume it was the MAP, because it never happened before or since, with the same ingredients minus the MAP.)

I'm sure you will find it to be less of an irritant than LAA, but it is much less effective as well... (Kind of like trying to compare Retinyl Palmitate to Retin-A.) Only MHO!

You can make a nice DIY serum with MAP + SKB.. I would also recommend adding a good oil to it, that contains vitamins, lipids, + fatty acids.. (Avocado, Palm or Rosehip would be nice.. Or AOB + ELS from skinactives if you have it on hand.)

If you need any help putting a recipe together, give a holler..

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello suk Han,
The one Kassy is talking about is this one:

15% C, E + Ferulic Acid Serum, 1oz

1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
1/4 tsp Ferulic Acid
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Vitamin E Oil
1/3 cc/ml (.3) of Hyaluronic Acid
1 tsp SKB
1 tsp vodka
3 1/2 tsp H2O

To prepare use 2 shot glasses. In glass #1 put the H2O, Vodka, LAA + Ferulic Acid.. Stir frequently. It can take up to 30 minutes to *fully* dissolve. Mix the remaining ingredients in glass #2. When the contents of glass #1 have fully dissolved, combine both, stir well and put in your 1oz bottle.. Give it a good shake, and store in fridge or in a cool, dark place.. Shake a bit before use.

She says to get a 1cc medicine dropper and fill it to the .3 mark for the ferulic and E.

****At least I THINK it's the the one she's referring to.
AngelBear

Mon May 11, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Kassy A, you are fabulous! I have been playing with your recipes and I must say, there are quite a few Aussies walking around with great skin.. and getting many compliments!! All thanks to your c serums Cool Do you have an all-time fave recipe? Thank you so much for your wonderful posts Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |