Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
Hi Kassy,

Thank you for your post..

I have very little stress in my life now.. and I stopped using copper pep when I was told it was no good from someone on this thread.
I'm wondering how you could remember all of this about me?? That's unbelievable!..

My original problem still exsists today.. which is my eye area and cheek bones make me look very tired and worn out..

My diet is perfect, I watch everything I eat.. and I drink pleanty of water.

How long before you really see results from Ageless?

I wonder what else I can do...

LOL! Nothing magical, and I assure you my memory is the pits... You don't have a signature line, so I just looked at your profile, to see what else you might be using, and low and behold there was the dreaded CP's.. Laughing

From what I've heard, the damage CP's can inflict on *some* continues even after stopping use.. I used them for 2 weeks, and then chickened out after talking to two of my EDS buddies, who had awful long range problems with CP's.

What I noticed fairly quickly with Ageless, was my cheeks plumped up enough to camouflage my dreaded bags a little bit, starting at about the 2 week mark..

I put the exercises on hold while testing the STOP device, and lo and behold the bags are back.. The exercises work well and quickly if you stick with it, in my experience.

I plan to start Ageless again pretty soon.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - it's been a while since I've posted about Ageless. I'm trucking along with it and loving everyone's comments and ideas. Bethany, thanks so much for your photos - so inspirational for me especially since I've got ML issues! Mine are slightly lessened, the area less poochy-looking than a few weeks ago. I guess this area will just take time and patience. Fine with me, I'm seeing improvement!

I've also been using tissue every night when I do my exercising. I didn't do it all the time before, but realized it really helps me grip my skin and pushes my muscles to work at a more intense level. Smile

Some nice compliments to report, everyone! I just had my 50th birthday last week Shock and was at a really nice restaurant with my husband and friends to celebrate. One of our guests said, I assumed you were in your early forties even though you don't even look that; I can't believe you're 50! I didn't know how to respond so was just sheepish about it. But inside my head I thought, "Thank you LouLou and Ageless!"

Another friend (mom of one of my son's classmates) asked me if I'd been losing weight. "Your face looks thinner, more angular or something." I could stand to lose a few pounds, and said so, but no, no weight loss here.

So, Ageless is having the desired effect on my face. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:

Should I expect to look a lot worse before I look better? How long should it take before I see results?

Also can someone tell me where I can read about face brushing?

Thank you..

Hi Take Care,

As usual, I haven't been following closely but, with regard to looking worse before you look better - the Ageless routine is designed in such a way that it circumvents that problem. Loulou has you splitting the exercises and scheduling them so that they're still effective but won't give you that haggard look while you're starting out. Or, I imagine, as you progress, since I recall a lot of FEers having "awkward" phases even several months in.

Just to be clear, though, are you saying you haven't started yet and you want to know what you're in for? Or are you already doing the program and having these issues? If it's the latter, I definitely agree with other posters who have suggested that stress and certain topicals might be causing the problem, as opposed to Ageless. In my experience, the exercising and massaging (ESPECIALLY the massaging) seem to only make my skin look better. I also agree that your skin may just need a rest. In my opinion, Ageless has the potential to do a lot more than most topicals can do, but your skin and the underlying muscles/connective tissue need time to regenerate. So, keep giving yourself (and your skin!) plenty of rest, good nutrition, and do whatever works for you as far as managing stress, and see what happens from there.

Best of luck - I've had similar issues in the recent past, so I have to keep taking my own advice here Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Hi all - it's been a while since I've posted about Ageless. I'm trucking along with it and loving everyone's comments and ideas. Bethany, thanks so much for your photos - so inspirational for me especially since I've got ML issues! Mine are slightly lessened, the area less poochy-looking than a few weeks ago. I guess this area will just take time and patience. Fine with me, I'm seeing improvement!

No problem...I'm glad we are BOTH seeing improvement! Very Happy

zephyr wrote:
Some nice compliments to report, everyone! I just had my 50th birthday last week Shock and was at a really nice restaurant with my husband and friends to celebrate. One of our guests said, I assumed you were in your early forties even though you don't even look that; I can't believe you're 50! I didn't know how to respond so was just sheepish about it. But inside my head I thought, "Thank you LouLou and Ageless!"

Another friend (mom of one of my son's classmates) asked me if I'd been losing weight. "Your face looks thinner, more angular or something." I could stand to lose a few pounds, and said so, but no, no weight loss here.

So, Ageless is having the desired effect on my face. Very Happy

It sounds like you had better get used to getting those compliments on a regular basis! Smile Smile Smile And Happy Belated Birthday!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
I guess this area will just take time and patience. Fine with me, I'm seeing improvement!

This is the attitude that I am taking also. I am already seeing significant improvement in my eyes and my neck, but the NL and marionette lines are a little slower.

But slow improvement is better than none at all!

Congratulations on your recent compliments. That always lets you know it's working!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Im four days into this routine now and cant quite get the hang of a couple of the exercises, but Im sure i will get there, practice makes perfect and all that. Amazingly quick to do.

Bethany your pics look great and very inspirational.
I dont really have sagging issues, fine lines are my problem but I try and look at it like prevention is better than cure. I also have a thin face and quite prominent cheekbones. Over recent months I have developed knotty mouth pouches, which made my smile lines look awful and doing another facial programme made these worse.

All in all Im enjoying doing the exercises.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving the Ageless exercises!! I did FE daily (the 15 exercises from the video) for a little over a year and did go through the awkward stages - especially around my eyes, but it time, my skin did acclimate.

I stopped doing the exercises daily and only did the eye ones occasionally - just a case of laziness.

I've done a stint with the Pickart Copper Peptides and it certainly did a number around my eyes. The skin became dried, crinkly, and looked awful, it took awhile to restore back to normal. I've been using Retin A / Renova for about 15 years, so my skin is in good shape, I just want to be proactive to forestall sagging issues.

I've been doing Ageless daily since late November and my cheeks have become quite plumped and firmed. My area of concern is under the chin and jowls, so I incorporate Loulou's long neck exercise + the "kiss the ceiling" one that has been posted here.

My husband had orthoscopic knee surgery last Friday and one nurse asked if I had gone to school with her 30 year old daughter...when I told her I just turned 46 she and her co-worker came right up to my face for a close up and asked what do I do/use? As long as I keep the grey hairs colored, I know I look younger than my age, but 15 years younger was quite surprising and it's gratifying that the efforts pay off.

I still use Retin A and use copper peptides, but only Isomers Copper Peptide serum which my skin loves. I do alot of juicing and drink lots of water to keep my skin hydrated and about two months ago started taking liquid silica (read on the FE board). This is making my skin even smoother - lots of other additional benefits.

I love checking in and reading this board and all the advice/support from all the posters. Bethany has been a fountain of information and so generous in posting her before and afters. I wish I had taken a "before" in November. I have an "after" pic, that I managed to put on makeupalley, but will try to post here as well.

Oh, I went to Marshall's or Ross, (can't remember which one) and purchased a pair of cotton gloves to use when doing these exercises. I found them in the notions department(where the bath soaps, lotions, etc., are displayed). Wearing them makes a world of difference and allows me to grip and work those muscles. Yes, I have experienced a little bruising in the begining, or if I get too enthusiastic, but the skin has thickened up and responded very well.

I apologize for the long post. I just wanted to share my experience and hope that maybe it helps someone who is on the fence, as reading everyone else's posts have really helped me.

Jen
Take Care
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, LB Scientist, and Kassy

Kassy.. you went to look at my profile? I can’t believe you went through all that..ty

Hi Bethany.. I only used a little less than half of a 4oz bottle of CP.
I wonder if using CP morning and night for several weeks could have made it worse? I don’t think that’s it.
I look very tired and worn out.. the truth is I feel tired.

Hi LBS.. I have been doing Ageless for a short while.. I will continue and see what happens.
I don’t believe I am over doing it with different products.. I don’t use anything other than a little eye cream and moisturizer in the morning.. maybe it’s time to try Retin A.

How long does it take you to do your routine? Is face brushing good.. I don’t even know what it is? And how often do you massage your face?

Thank you all for your help..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:

Kassy.. you went to look at my profile? I can’t believe you went through all that..ty..

One click under the user name is all it takes.. Laughing It makes it easier to answer questions when I know a little about folks..

Wish the siganature line was used more.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
Hi Bethany.. I only used a little less than half of a 4oz bottle of CP.
I wonder if using CP morning and night for several weeks could have made it worse? I don’t think that’s it.
I look very tired and worn out.. the truth is I feel tired.

That amount could have definitely done you in!

And if you feel tired, you need to have your Vit D, your B12, and your thyroid levels checked. Those 3 caused my energy to bottom out, and I spent a year in bed (I took a year off from work). But once I actually got that diagosed, I feel infinitely better IF I follow the right protocol.

Feel free to PM me if you want some recommendations.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy.. now I know why your a VIP.. Smile

Bethany.. Thank you very much..I will PM you not to interfere with this thread.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS JenJ - Hope you will share pics - we love em - gontcha know! Glad you are enjoying Ageless - it truly is unique for all of us. I don't own a camara or I would be tempted to take an after (I probably have many before's) Can I ask what silica you use? Thanks. And Glad you're here. Sis

JenJ wrote:
I'm loving the Ageless exercises!! I did FE daily (the 15 exercises from the video) for a little over a year and did go through the awkward stages - especially around my eyes, but it time, my skin did acclimate.

I stopped doing the exercises daily and only did the eye ones occasionally - just a case of laziness.

I've done a stint with the Pickart Copper Peptides and it certainly did a number around my eyes. The skin became dried, crinkly, and looked awful, it took awhile to restore back to normal. I've been using Retin A / Renova for about 15 years, so my skin is in good shape, I just want to be proactive to forestall sagging issues.

I've been doing Ageless daily since late November and my cheeks have become quite plumped and firmed. My area of concern is under the chin and jowls, so I incorporate Loulou's long neck exercise + the "kiss the ceiling" one that has been posted here.

My husband had orthoscopic knee surgery last Friday and one nurse asked if I had gone to school with her 30 year old daughter...when I told her I just turned 46 she and her co-worker came right up to my face for a close up and asked what do I do/use? As long as I keep the grey hairs colored, I know I look younger than my age, but 15 years younger was quite surprising and it's gratifying that the efforts pay off.

I still use Retin A and use copper peptides, but only Isomers Copper Peptide serum which my skin loves. I do alot of juicing and drink lots of water to keep my skin hydrated and about two months ago started taking liquid silica (read on the FE board). This is making my skin even smoother - lots of other additional benefits.

I love checking in and reading this board and all the advice/support from all the posters. Bethany has been a fountain of information and so generous in posting her before and afters. I wish I had taken a "before" in November. I have an "after" pic, that I managed to put on makeupalley, but will try to post here as well.

Oh, I went to Marshall's or Ross, (can't remember which one) and purchased a pair of cotton gloves to use when doing these exercises. I found them in the notions department(where the bath soaps, lotions, etc., are displayed). Wearing them makes a world of difference and allows me to grip and work those muscles. Yes, I have experienced a little bruising in the begining, or if I get too enthusiastic, but the skin has thickened up and responded very well.

I apologize for the long post. I just wanted to share my experience and hope that maybe it helps someone who is on the fence, as reading everyone else's posts have really helped me.

Jen
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry - it's me again to ask another daft question. Embarassed

Apologies if this has been asked before. I don't remember reading it, but my memory's terrible.

I'm hoping to buy the Ageless system within the next few days, but have thought of a potential problem. I currently use once daily applications of Relax-a-Line, which (obviously) helps to relax muscles.

Whilst I'm loathe to stop using Relax-a-Line as I've had such good effects with it, I've suddenly been struck by the thought that this probably not a helpful product to complement the Ageless programme.

Am I right in thinking I'll have to stop the Relax-a-Line? (Apologies if this is a completely stupid question - I have a terribly unscientific mind and can be a complete idiot sometimes. Embarassed ) And if I need to stop, approx how long should I go without it before commencing Ageless?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I am not familiar with relax a line but does it make your face feel slack? If it doesn't involve true muscle relaxing per se you should be okay doing facial exercises. It would be my perception that products you put on face can't change the action of a muscle - not like botox.

Or else do you facial exercises in the PM after a day full of relax-a-line.

Given the choice of any product and Ageless I'd choose Ageless every time. These are results that go beyond a daily product use.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Given the choice of any product and Ageless I'd choose Ageless every time. These are results that go beyond a daily product use.

Quote:

Relax A Line
This topical Botox® alternative is a simple yet effective serum. It is formulated with a 10% concentration of Acetyl Hexapeptide 3, an amino-peptide specifically developed to relax facial muscles responsible for crow's feet, frown lines and other dynamic wrinkles. At this concentration, studies have shown that Acetyl Hexapeptide 3 was able to significantly decrease the depth of wrinkles after 30 days of treatment. (International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Vol. 24, No 5, p.303, October 2002) Doctors recommend using Acetyl Hexapeptide 3 to prolong and boost Botox® results between injections.

Acetyl Hexapeptide 3 is also known as Argeline, and I asked the same question since it is in one of my products. Antonia told me that any impact is restricted only to the very top muscle layers, and should not impact my Ageless results at all.

I would go for the Ageless!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Jen J your 'long' post was so enjoyable for me to read...

how wonderful to be mistaken for 30 when you are 45!

LIke Sister Sweets i am wondering what liquid silica you are taking..(i have my eye on Orgono..which i have heard is incredible for the skin.)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sistersweets & Jasminerosey

I'm taking Cellfood Essential Silica twice a day. It's a liquid, so it's readily assimilated. I put 10 drops in my morning protein shake, and 10 drop in my juice or water in the evenings. I'm very impressed with the results I'm experiencing.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to post a pic on here...I'm not long on patience (that's why I love Ageless!).

Jen
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
Hi Sistersweets & Jasminerosey

I'm taking Cellfood Essential Silica twice a day. It's a liquid, so it's readily assimilated. I put 10 drops in my morning protein shake, and 10 drop in my juice or water in the evenings. I'm very impressed with the results I'm experiencing.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to post a pic on here...I'm not long on patience (that's why I love Ageless!).

Jen

Jen,

I use Webshots to load my pic, and then post the link here...let me know if you need any help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Acetyl Hexapeptide 3 is also known as Argeline, and I asked the same question since it is in one of my products. Antonia told me that any impact is restricted only to the very top muscle layers, and should not impact my Ageless results at all.

Have I ever told you ladies how much I love you! Very Happy

That's fab news! Although, to be honest, you've had me so convinced about Ageless for a while now that I would have stopped the Relax-a-Line in order to try it. I'm very happy that this shouldn't be necessary, though.

LouLou, here I come! Laughing
AllieJ

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had any look with the brow area, do the day one and day two exercises make any difference to this part of the face? Def confusing to know what to do there.
AllieJ

Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
by look, I meant luck, obviously Embarassed Think thats my dyslexia kickin in again!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
bethany wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Have I ever told you ladies how much I love you! Very Happy

That's fab news! Although, to be honest, you've had me so convinced about Ageless for a while now that I would have stopped the Relax-a-Line in order to try it. I'm very happy that this shouldn't be necessary, though.

LouLou, here I come! Laughing

That's great! Can't wait to hear how it goes.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Bethany!

I signed up on Webshots...now I'll see if I did this correctly. The pic on that site looks fuzzy, whereas it's not when I emailed it to my account.

JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
It worked!! Thank you again, Bethany!

What I'm most excited about with this program is how quickly my cheeks plumped and have a nice fullness. I had posted awhile back that I had increased my protein intake and I really think that has made a difference on how quickly I noticed results. I didn't experience this nice fullness doing FE, but love FE for the eyes and incorporate a couple of those exercises with Ageless.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
Thanks for the info, Bethany!

I signed up on Webshots...now I'll see if I did this correctly. The pic on that site looks fuzzy, whereas it's not when I emailed it to my account.

Jen, just an FYI...I usually post the 500 sized image.

But I clicked on your image which lets you see the full size version, and it still looks a bit fuzzy...I think because you just focused on a tiny piece of a bigger pic.

But your cheeks do look FABulous!! Very Happy

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |