Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
LOL this is an old argument and one that I hope Loulou doesn't mind me answering. When your doing facial exercise, your not simply wrinkling your face, as thats not facial exercise, instead your applying resistance (i.e. fingertips and thumbs) to a muscle and then engaging that muscle against a movement or motion or contraction. This is working from the muscle from the inside out.

Its actually a myth thats often touted by professional plastic surgeons, and it comes from the idea that smiling, frowning and squinting are the sole cause of lines, and there is some truth to this statement but its not the full story.

Uusally when your making a facial expression, your usually only partially engaging the muscle, and your doing so without resistance, and doing an expression repeatedly over a period of time will encourage lines and wrinkles if the tissue and skin cells are not stimulated or have been exposed to sun in our youth etc. When the skin cells lose vitality and become lacking resiliency (which can be due to many factors, lifestyle, diet etc), its an open invitation to lines and folds and incidentally that wouldn't have happened had a person begun facial exercises in the first place.

Think of a child, their connective tissue and circulation are all usually perfect, but as we grow older, through stress, lifestyle, diet etc, those factors get impacted on us, but by facial exercising your actually helping the body to get back to that state of optimum facial health.

Does that make sense? If you have noticed your face flattening, then now is the time to begin taking action, and I think facial exercises are the best tool out there for this very purpose!
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everybody, I've just started reading this thread. VERY interesting. I have 2 questions, please. With facial excercise, don't you risk more wrinkling with the repetitive movement? And, my face has flattened and is thin. The last thing I want to do is slim it down. I wish my face were rounder, but it is oblong.
Anyway, I'll eagerly look forward to any responses. Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Mars - I have been doing facial exercises for two years, and they top my beauty treatments priority list. The only area of my concern for forming lines is forehead, but on the other hand it does get toned from exercising.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much SeanySeanUK and mpstat. SeanySeanUK, your explanation is very clear and does make sense. Let me ask again, will it make me thin, oblong face look thinner?
Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Its a hard one to answer, as don't actually teach Ageless, but here is my thoughts.

I think that by working the muscles, you will over time increase muscle definition and create the appearance of a fuller face.

I think though that to a certain degree, your foundation is your skeletal structure, so for example if you have a square jawline or a pointed one, then you will build up the muscles to create a fullness in the face but no exercises out there are going to be able to in essence change what God has given you, but you will be able to bring a definition and emphasis and ultimately a beauty and appreciation of your face that if your noticing it flattening now, you will be pleased with. It does take time and practice and dedication, but as Loulou and others in this thread have shown, they are finding Ageless has helped!

I hope that helps!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so very much, SeanySeanUK. I just may give it a go. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Mars - most definitely try facial exercises, get those muscles toned and plump!!! Very Happy
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everybody, I've just started reading this thread. VERY interesting. I have 2 questions, please. With facial excercise, don't you risk more wrinkling with the repetitive movement? And, my face has flattened and is thin. The last thing I want to do is slim it down. I wish my face were rounder, but it is oblong.
Anyway, I'll eagerly look forward to any responses. Smile
Hi Mars! I have an oblong face as well and ageless has made my upper cheeks look fuller which for me is a definite improvement!! Very Happy HTH!!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Now I'm excited! Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Count me in! Just purchased Loulou's book, but must go to my sister's tommorrow for dl (I'm on dialup Shock ). I'm excited to start Ageless:)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Sean - Are you doing Ageless exercises?

I see you are on the Ageless thread frequently and I'm sure it's pretty tempting - especially when you read all the good results...
Just wondering.

thanks

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Its a hard one to answer, as don't actually teach Ageless, but here is my thoughts.

I think that by working the muscles, you will over time increase muscle definition and create the appearance of a fuller face.

I think though that to a certain degree, your foundation is your skeletal structure, so for example if you have a square jawline or a pointed one, then you will build up the muscles to create a fullness in the face but no exercises out there are going to be able to in essence change what God has given you, but you will be able to bring a definition and emphasis and ultimately a beauty and appreciation of your face that if your noticing it flattening now, you will be pleased with. It does take time and practice and dedication, but as Loulou and others in this thread have shown, they are finding Ageless has helped!

I hope that helps!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lou Lou,

I can't get your book to download. Any tips?

Inky
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I got it. Inky
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I'm so glad you made this a separate thread, mpstat, cuz it is quite worthy of it! I have been doing my Ageless exercises for 3 days now and I'm impressed at how quickly I can get thru them. I can feel the muscles working too! The lip exercises are my favorite - I can see it working already, and I am more conscious now of how I hold my face....avoiding that droopy, scowl-y, lips-pressed-together look!

As I said before, I am happy that I don't have to place my fingers into my mouth to achieve the cheek exercises - I'm weird about that! I was seeing some great results with FE, but am happy I don't need to spend as much time now, and look forward to getting that beautiful jawline and neck that LouLou has! Thanks so much LouLou for your book and to mpstat for posting this separate thread =). Go for it, Kassy! I downloaded the pages and placed them between plastic sleeves and into a ring-binder....I'm not good at waiting for mail to arrive....I had to get started - time's a-wastin'....

I'm going back to read the thread from the beginning.

I am glad to hear that Ageless does not require sticking fingers inside the mouth for cheek exercises. That is the least favorite part of FE for me, too.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
My book is about isolating the parts of the face that I think really benefit from strengthening and building. There are ten main exercises, you do five a day, and then there are 6 exercises to be done once a month to keep the rest of the facial muscles from drooping. I don't try to build those though.

LL
Smile

Does anyone know what are the 5 main areas on the face that Ageless will help you build? i gather that cheeks are one of the areas.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
3. The instruction for the exercises are *fairly* easy for me to follow.. (I'm a visual learner, so it takes me 2 or 3 times reading to be sure I have it right.

4. The diagrams are many and awesome.

Kassy, I appreciate this feedback. I am also a visual learner and have been worried about being to follow the exercises correctly.

I just got my 4 sample exercises and will try them tonight to see how easy they are to follow along just by reading them instead of being able to see them demonstrated on video.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ruk1 - No putting fingers in the mouth with Ageless exercises (although I think this is a rather effective part of FE).

Ageless is great at cheek-building and overall lift/pulling up of the entire face. The other prime target area is the eye area. She also has other exercises that are more for toning the rest of the face. Some exercises you do about 3 or 4 times a week. The rest are monthly - more or less.

I do Ageless probably 6X a week and FE 3X - select exercises.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am reading the book but I do not understand how to do these exercises!

For example:

1. Using whatever grip is most comfortable, pinch a chunk of flesh on each cheek alongside the nose,under the eye. Try to grasp as much flesh as possible.

Can one define "most comfortable" and "as much flesh as possible"?

2. Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up toward the centre of the eye.

How can one lift the cheeks!?

I think I'm one of those visually oriented gals and need to see the video in order to get it! Embarassed
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I am reading the book but I do not understand how to do these exercises!

For example:

1. Using whatever grip is most comfortable, pinch a chunk of flesh on each cheek alongside the nose,under the eye. Try to grasp as much flesh as possible.

Can one define "most comfortable" and "as much flesh as possible"?

2. Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up toward the centre of the eye.

How can one lift the cheeks!?

I think I'm one of those visually oriented gals and need to see the video in order to get it! Embarassed

English is not my mother's language, and it could contribute to why I might have a hard time understanding written words fully and being able to visualize what's being written on paper. Is English your mother's tongue?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi ruk1 - No putting fingers in the mouth with Ageless exercises (although I think this is a rather effective part of FE).

Ageless is great at cheek-building and overall lift/pulling up of the entire face. The other prime target area is the eye area. She also has other exercises that are more for toning the rest of the face. Some exercises you do about 3 or 4 times a week. The rest are monthly - more or less.

I do Ageless probably 6X a week and FE 3X - select exercises.

Cheek building and overall lifting sound good to me. I need both. My eye area is also a main concern, so that would come in handy, too. I am going to try the sample exercises that LouLou sent me. I hope I can follow the instructions. I am a bit apprehensive starting the exercise only because I'm afraid I'd not fully understand what I'm supposed to do. But like anything, I will have to take that first step, and hopefully all will go well.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I for one would be happy to purchase a video from LL, doing the exercises.. I just have a Gawd awful time with just the written words.

Wow fawnie, that's great that you are seeing results already... I love hearing that!

It's great to hear from Beth that 5 minutes is really all it takes.. That's right up my alley!

My one burning question to any of you who have this down pat, is do you have any advice to offer, on how to isolate the muscles....It seems that no matter which program/exercise I attempt, I can't keep my 'forehead' from getting into the act.. I already have 2 deep horizontal lines up there, and don't want to make matters worse..

Kassy, not sure if someone already addressed your concern about your forehead, but I'm still on pg 5 or so of the thread. (Going back to read from the beginning is going to take a lot of time since I am not a fast reader.)

If not, I was wondering if botox could help to stop your forehead muscles from working until the muscles are less strong, or until you get the hang of the execises better. Just a thought.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Oh heck I've not been online for a couple of days. Sorry ...

About a video. the plan is to just do a homemade one and email it to people who have the book or download. That would show the ex quite clearly in terms of megapixels, but it'd be a bit amateurish Laughing I've just not managed to get round to it yet, but give me a few days...

It would be possible to do a proper DVD but it'd cost to make it and it's not fair if people who bought the book have to buy something else. I really want people to have the book because there's stuff in it I want to say. Would you all mind telling me what you'd prefer? Thanks

Bethany, I don't know whether skin brushing is better than pinching, but it makes sense to me that the skin behaves like any other organ in that it adapts to meet the demands you put on it. For the lungs it doesn't much matter whether it's biking or swimming you do for aerobic fitness, and I think it doesn't much matter how you give your skin a little push to regenerate itself quicker.

Bethany,(continued!)I need to thank you for recommending my book, and have many dermaroller questions that I'd like to ask you, but I'm away now for the weekend, so will PM you Monday if that's ok.

Thanks to all,

Loulou Cool

Still on pg 5, but have this burning question, is the homemade video ready? What has been decided?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
rukl

i am constantly discovering how i've been doing the exercises either 'wrong'..or not effective enough..but my face is still regenerating anyway...and i figure that each new ahaaa! experience in understanding what i'm doing is just going to make the process even more effective...

again, last night for example..i realized how i had not been grabbing the right area of my face for one of the cheek exercises.. when i felt it in a more accurate way..it felt very empowering..as i feel i'll see even more dramatic results..

but i think this process of deeply 'getting it' happens through the actual experience of 'working' the program.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rukl,
i just saw your video question..

that video has been made..and many of us have been using it for a while...it's available on Loulou's website.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
rukl

i am constantly discovering how i've been doing the exercises either 'wrong'..or not effective enough..but my face is still regenerating anyway...and i figure that each new ahaaa! experience in understanding what i'm doing is just going to make the process even more effective...

again, last night for example..i realized how i had not been grabbing the right area of my face for one of the cheek exercises.. when i felt it in a more accurate way..it felt very empowering..as i feel i'll see even more dramatic results..

but i think this process of deeply 'getting it' happens through the actual experience of 'working' the program.

Thank you, Jasmine. As I'm slowly getting through this thread (thought only just finished pg 6 now), I do appreciate getting this feedback. I just have to overcome my fear of not doing it perfect and "just do it". Starting with the 4 sample exercises should help to build a bit of confidence there. Thanks a bunch.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

English is not my mother's language, and it could contribute to why I might have a hard time understanding written words fully and being able to visualize what's being written on paper. Is English your mother's tongue?

It has nothing to do with english not being my mother's language. Of course, I can understand the literal meaning of the statements, but I have hard time translating the verbal information into visual. Just like I cannot read descriptions of various fitness exercises. I have to watch the trainer doing them.

jasminerosey wrote:
Rukl,
i just saw your video question..

that video has been made..and many of us have been using it for a while...it's available on Loulou's website.

Can you please give the link?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |