Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just placed a BIG order for ZO Skin Health
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I have struggling for 1-2 month if should re-start Obagi Nuderm. 5 minutes ago, have decided to give ZO a try. I have visited ZO website and completed the online skin survey and bought whatever are recommended, a very big investment under current economy! I have skipped the sunscreen, I don't think I will like the color.

I will update on the result.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Does the sunscreen have a color I thought it was clear?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
The sunscreen is tinted. Many find it to be a "perfect" tint but some other users on this forum and I find it to be a lttle too dark for our fairly light skin tones.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
The sunblock is definitely tinted. It's a beige colour. The tint doesn't suit very fair skinned and yellow-toned ladies.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure my skin tone, so don't want to take a risk to buy a color that does not match.

I recently bought a Chantecaille - Just Skin in Bliss Color, SPF 15. I like it very much, it's not sticky and very nature.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no.....I just ordered the sunscreen yesterday and I am a fair Irish girl!! Shock
Darn it. I wonder if EDS will take returns if it is way too dark for me. Off to see what I can find out.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Call them right away to cancel the order. They said it takes 1-2 days to ship.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:

Thanks, Critic. What a dummy I am! I always, always check out the forum before I make a purchase but this time, I didn't think to search the forum for info. related to the Oclipe's tint. I guess I was just assuming that it was very minimal, just enough to take the edge off of the whiteness. I usually wear the second lightest mineral makeup color in the pink family so I just don't know what to think. However, a quick search of the ZO thread gave me the idea to contact Donna for a sample. I have 3 weeks to return the unopened product if I need to but I will lose 15% in a restocking fee. If I can get the sample and try it in that time, I will be okay, one way or the other. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works for me somehow!!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I checked the forum before placing the order, and found some people saying that the color does not match etc... I don't know my skin tone, so never shop foundation online.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Oh no.....I just ordered the sunscreen yesterday and I am a fair Irish girl!! Shock
Darn it. I wonder if EDS will take returns if it is way too dark for me. Off to see what I can find out.

I'm a fair Irish girl and the tint is fine on me. I love the sunscreen.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
critic wrote:

Thanks, Critic. What a dummy I am! I always, always check out the forum before I make a purchase but this time, I didn't think to search the forum for info. related to the Oclipe's tint. I guess I was just assuming that it was very minimal, just enough to take the edge off of the whiteness. I usually wear the second lightest mineral makeup color in the pink family so I just don't know what to think. However, a quick search of the ZO thread gave me the idea to contact Donna for a sample. I have 3 weeks to return the unopened product if I need to but I will lose 15% in a restocking fee. If I can get the sample and try it in that time, I will be okay, one way or the other. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works for me somehow!!

You may be alright with the tint. I think it would suit pink toned girls better than yellow toned girls.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!! I will looking forward to see your review. It's so expensive.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
It is very very expensive. I used Obagi Nuderm many years ago, the result was good but it is too aggressive and can't keep using it. But after all these years, not other product can give me such good result. (Also waste a lot of money on products that did not work!)

Give a try and hope it is worth!

I basically think a very big portion of the money goes to branding and marketing, as the products are selling in counters.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to come back and let you know that the Oclipse tint has worked out beautifully for my fair Irish skin. So, so happy that this will work for me as the texture is amazing!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I just wanted to come back and let you know that the Oclipse tint has worked out beautifully for my fair Irish skin. So, so happy that this will work for me as the texture is amazing!

I swear I could practically go out without my tinted moisturizer...it's just that I can't bring myself to go out 'naked'.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...I just ordered the Oclipse sunscreen from the ZO website, they are offering it on special $45 for a full size! So if you love it, better stock up:) Can't wait to try out mine.

I was thinking of starting the ZO skin line too, but it is awfully expensive. I really need to centralize my regime as I am all over the board with products and brands and my skin is so dehydrated and dry. I wish I could find one line that would balance out my skin and make it more hydrated.........

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Just an FYI...I just ordered the Oclipse sunscreen from the ZO website, they are offering it on special $45 for a full size! So if you love it, better stock up:) Can't wait to try out mine.

I was thinking of starting the ZO skin line too, but it is awfully expensive. I really need to centralize my regime as I am all over the board with products and brands and my skin is so dehydrated and dry. I wish I could find one line that would balance out my skin and make it more hydrated.........

If you are using your AALS every day, I would cut back to every other day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for the tip. I have been pretty good with my Stim out of all my things except this last week due to working my arse off....I am not sure why my skin is taking a downhill spiral these days, it's really starting to bum me out. Maybe I just need to give it a rest and cut back on everything. But as of late it just seems it can't get any moisture (even drinking lots of water) and doesn't seem like anything is penetrating my skin any more. Could be work stress I guess because I have worked like every day....ugh....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

Brenpatsa- glad it worked out for you.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

$45? Holy Moly! I need to head over there and stock up. That price is incredible.

So, let me tell you about the great CS experience that I had with ZO. Earlier in this thread, I wrote about my dilemma about ordering the Oclipse and then reading about the tint issues. I wrote to Donna who was really nice and said that she would send me two samples right away so that I could try the product without opening up the full sized one from EDS that was on its way to me. I was hoping to be able to return it to EDS, minus the 15% restocking fee, if the color was terrible on me. She also said that she would work with me on the 15% if it didn't work, which was totally unexpected! I am not sure what happened but I never did get those samples so I wrote to FYIguy yesterday to see if he could help me quickly. (my return period is quickly coming to an end). Well, FYIguy not only sent me two generous samples, he overnighted them by FedEx to me today. Is that amazing, or what?? Way beyond the call!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not surprised about the great CS - and happy it worked out so well for you brenpatsa.... I love the Oclipse sunscreen and the entire antiaging jumpstart line - have been using it almost exclusively for well over a month.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of stocking up on the Oclipse,what would you all guess the shelf life is on it?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, poop! Flipping cdn $$. If I add the 25% exchange plus the $20 shipping free, it comes out to regular price on EDS (with my discount). grumble...
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
bren21 wrote:

$45? Holy Moly! I need to head over there and stock up. That price is incredible.

So, let me tell you about the great CS experience that I had with ZO. Earlier in this thread, I wrote about my dilemma about ordering the Oclipse and then reading about the tint issues. I wrote to Donna who was really nice and said that she would send me two samples right away so that I could try the product without opening up the full sized one from EDS that was on its way to me. I was hoping to be able to return it to EDS, minus the 15% restocking fee, if the color was terrible on me. She also said that she would work with me on the 15% if it didn't work, which was totally unexpected! I am not sure what happened but I never did get those samples so I wrote to FYIguy yesterday to see if he could help me quickly. (my return period is quickly coming to an end). Well, FYIguy not only sent me two generous samples, he overnighted them by FedEx to me today. Is that amazing, or what?? Way beyond the call!

That customer service is phenomenal.

btw, many apologies for getting you worried about the tint and I'm so glad it worked out well for you. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |