Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
There are lots of cosmetics I don't really like and wouldn't repurchase but a real no-no! for me is the whole Aveda-line
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:09 am      Reply with quote
The ultimate waste was this Dr Sebagh eye cream with little vitamin C powder capsules.
I spent a fortune and it didn't get rid of my puffy eyes as fast as it says it would --I didn't finish it all because also it had a terrible smell like when my Jack Russells roll on pooh!
Trish

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I thought the Dr Sebagh eye thing was a waste of money, too. Did nothing for me and was pretty expensive.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
clinique
estee lauder Idealist
clarins Bright Plus
all broke me out Sad
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Trish wrote:
I didn't finish it all because also it had a terrible smell like when my Jack Russells roll on pooh!
Trish

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
I'm new..just joined a couple of weeks ago. I have super oily skin and have to say that the worst blotting papers I have ever used are the Burt's Bees "Wings of Love" rice paper. They smell horrible and the white powder just sits on the face. Yuck!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Well, I too have a very long list of NO NO items. But I will just stick to a few of my LEAST fav.

Clinique
MURAD
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Herbal recovery gel and the calendula cream, what a pity too! I loved these products soooo so soooooo much because of the glow they gave me, as well as the moisturising properties of the calendula cream...BUT they made me break out and gave me bumpy skin after a few days Sad

Biotherm's no good for me too (you know that aquasource deep hydration range?). Too heavy, and made me break out. I did need hydration, it was very very good at hydrating, but don't use it if you're acne-prone.

Not sure if you've heard of the brand algologie (its a french line), does nothing for me...the triple vitamin C cream was not suitable and made me break out (too rich)! but I'd imagine it'll be great for dry skinned gals, because it does give a lovely glow (as most vitamin C products Smile

LOL well, just keep in mind that my skin rejects MOST skincare brands Smile
divasupreem

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Origins "A Perfect World - White tea skin gaurdian" and it did absolutely nothing. Nothing. Total waste of money.
mk
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
i had a horrible experience with aveda skin care. it was a long time ago but my skin went itchy, dry and peeled all around my eyes.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
HeavenLeigh wrote:
Jurlique Herbal recovery gel and the calendula cream, what a pity too! I loved these products soooo so soooooo much because of the glow they gave me, as well as the moisturising properties of the calendula cream...BUT they made me break out and gave me bumpy skin after a few days Sad

FYI - the reason that the calendula cream gave you breakouts after awhile is because of the fact that calendula is a drawing agent that pulls deeply-buried impurities in the skin to the surface to be purged -- so it was actually just doing its job! I would be willing to bet that if you were able to stick it out and continue to use the calendula cream for a couple of weeks until there was nothing left to be purged "underground," so to speak, that you wouldn't experience any further outbreaks after that. Of course, the hard part is walking around looking like a zit factory for two weeks until all the buried dirt is gone....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm absolutely with Trish & Majorb on the Dr. Sebagh eye cream + powder. I guess it was the most expensive cosmetics - used for the shortest time in my life. The manipulation with the cream and powder is quite difficult and i stopped trying because it didn't do anything ...
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
HeavenLeigh wrote:

FYI - the reason that the calendula cream gave you breakouts after awhile is because of the fact that calendula is a drawing agent that pulls deeply-buried impurities in the skin to the surface to be purged -- so it was actually just doing its job! I would be willing to bet that if you were able to stick it out and continue to use the calendula cream for a couple of weeks until there was nothing left to be purged "underground," so to speak, that you wouldn't experience any further outbreaks after that. Of course, the hard part is walking around looking like a zit factory for two weeks until all the buried dirt is gone....

I agree with carekate on this one. I have oily/acne prone skin and found that the Jurlique Calendula cream helped clear up my acne. I don't have any now but plan on purchasing some as I miss having it. When I was using it I used it 3 or 4 nights a week and every night on my neck and jaw area.

As for the Herbal Recovery Gel that is on my no list because it irritates my sensitive skin. I use the Herbal Recovery Mist OP instead. In fact I just bought some more of the mist and can't wait for it to arrive since I am starting to think that the mist might be beneficial for my acne too!
Kalumbia

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Skin care that I despise...

1.) Clinique
2.) Anything in a drug/pharmacy store
3.) Anything in a dept. store (Ex: the bay, sears, etc)
Wink
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Kalumbia wrote:

2.) Anything in a drug/pharmacy store
Wink
That's a shame because you're missing out on some real gems!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Anything with BP..way too harsh on my skin and it itches like crazy!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
clinique...make my skin worse... Rolling Eyes
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
palmer's scar serum.

a lot of the cocoa butter stuff is great but this stuff smells bad and threw a party for my exzema!

even places i don't usually get exzema, front of my knees and on my thighs Razz
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I wish this forum was available 6 or 7 years ago. I was a faithful Clinique user for 4 to 5 years. My skin became so aweful during those years without knowing it.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
- Sjal did nothing for me.
- Kiehl's made my eyes puffy.
- Guerlain was the absolute worst, smelly and irritating...
- Philosophy was too strong for my skin.
aakkbj
5% products discount

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I had bad experience with Clinique(3step,every products for blemish skin) and ShiShedo ( Benefiance) few years ago.
Also I would say no-no to EL (Idealist Skin Refinisher) totally broke me out. Mad
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kalumbia wrote:

Anything in a dept. store (Ex: the bay, sears, etc)
Wink

Did you try Kiehls from Holt Renfrew? It's mighty good and it's from a department store.
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
3-step Clinique is the worst. It dried out my skin.
yazk
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique city block
Estee Lauder advanced night repair
Caudalie beauty elixir (someone is going to hate me for this one Bad Grin )
Clarins anti-rides sun wrinkle control cream-can't stand it.
Bliss--can't believe I bought them.

These are what I can remember for now...
yazk
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
termom wrote:
Kalumbia wrote:

Anything in a dept. store (Ex: the bay, sears, etc)
Wink

Did you try Kiehls from Holt Renfrew? It's mighty good and it's from a department store.

Oh,no, forgot about this one, Kiehls, didn't do a thing for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |