Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl -- wow! You have really good lips to start with, but I can see the difference. Yes, I am DEFINITELY going to start using CP and DMAE!!

I have fallen off of my HA supplement of late -- not enough time to get over to Whole Foods. But, I haven't seen my lips deflate. I'm still taking MSM, so that's probably why.

I think my plump might be starting to last longer! I haven't told my mother about my pump, or my lip plumping experiments. So this weekend my husband and I were visiting her. I woke up in the morning and pumped my lips, then took a shower, then did my hair, etc., all that good stuff. It was probably about an hour later when my mother looked at me and said, "What is wrong with your lips?? They look AWFUL!!"

(I thought they were looking pretty good, personally.)

I looked in the mirror and saw that, not only were they still somewhat plump, but they were rosy, too! Cool
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm still making progress -- I'm on the road to finding what works for me.

Yesterday I noticed that my lips were still plump after I got to work.

Lately, I've been noticing that keeping my lips moisturized seems to be a problem. I stopped using Lip Injection, which was drying my lips like crazy, but that didn't solve the problem.

So last night I pumped my lips up quite a bit (I find it works better if I use several short sessions -- maybe 5 pulls of 10 seconds each) and then slathered on some aloe gel. My lips absorbed the aloe with lightning speed, so for the next hour I keep putting on aloe every few minutes. At the end of the hour, my lips were still somewhat plump, and more moisturized.

Today I got some Blistex Herbal Answer, and it is keeping my lips from being dry. I think the LipFusion XL will do the same thing. From my brief experience with it, it stays on for a long time.

I'm so thrilled that I can actually see improvement over time! I think that throwing LF XL into the mix will make it even better.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
RedD happy you're getting some staying-power with your pout. Yesterday I added in a few longer pulls, and definitely saw it last longer. When I pat my lips together I can feel a change. Still planning on going slow since over the weekend I noticed a few small purplish spots from too much of a pull...fortunately they were on my lips, not outside, and not really noticeable. My husband hasn't said anything about this yet, (he doesn't know I'm doing it!) but sometimes I've caught a quizzical look on his face while looking at me, like something's different, but he can't figure it out. And he hasn't asked! Every woman's entitled to a few secrets...
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat -- sorry that you got some bruises. I'm glad it's lasting longer for you, though! The purple spots should fade pretty fast.

When I finally told my husband about the pump, he was just amused. He said that I should have told him sooner. I'm glad that I told him, so that I don't have to sneak anymore. Laughing It's always funny -- if I walk out of the bathroom with full lips, he says, "Did you blow your lips up again?"

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
thanks swag!!! Now I know I wasn't crazy when I said dmae worked on lips!!!!! As well as the other things ur doing..
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie -- do you take DMAE internally, or topically? Or both?

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
MelissaMarie -- do you take DMAE internally, or topically? Or both?

I started using skinactives dmae serum, without much happening, it wouldnt sink in and would cause product balling up on my face. Then I bought Candessence 6% dmae serum and as I was putting it all over my face, I'd go over my lips, and started noticing rather quickly that my lips were def fuller, the border line of my lips (lip line) was extremely firmer!! I was in love with her dmae serum, sinks right in ect, then noticed the added beneifit of lips, I won't be without this product. Firms the face as well, adds moisture and defines lips!!!! All that and its under 30 bucks!!!!!!!

Also in regards to lips, I ran out long ago of HA suppliments, so these results were strictly dmae. I am going to readd the HA suppliments, but just havent yet. Opps forgot to add I do not take dmae suppliments either.

hope that helps
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, that helps a lot -- I'm definitely going to give it a shot! Anything for fuller lips. Very Happy

How long did you use this before you started seeing results?

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Oh yes, that helps a lot -- I'm definitely going to give it a shot! Anything for fuller lips. Very Happy

How long did you use this before you started seeing results?

about 4 days. Now they didn't blow up, but def plumped out, the biggest diff was the lip line, the firmness of it, and its remained. I am 44 and as we age, we lose that definition. I had restylane quiet a bit back, and this mimicked that for me, it was that firm of a lipline!!!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
*SMACKS FOREHEAD*

I just realized why my lips have been so dry lately -- BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN OFF OF MY HA FOR THREE WEEKS! Shock

Man...sometimes I'm really slow. And we architects are supposed to be intelligent... Confused I'm going directly to WholeFoods in about thirty minutes.

MelissaMarie, this DMAE is sounding better all the time! I think I'll try the brand that you recommended.

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
*SMACKS FOREHEAD*

I just realized why my lips have been so dry lately -- BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN OFF OF MY HA FOR THREE WEEKS! Shock

Man...sometimes I'm really slow. And we architects are supposed to be intelligent... Confused I'm going directly to WholeFoods in about thirty minutes.

MelissaMarie, this DMAE is sounding better all the time! I think I'll try the brand that you recommended.

let me know what you think, since I have been having a mini love affair with this product!!!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds absolutely delish. I'm going to see if I can find it online right now.

I finally restocked my Skin Eternal last night, and my lips are thanking me today -- no more dryness! Not really any more fullness, though, unfortunately. Rolling Eyes

Ah well, hopefully I'll arrive home from work today to find my LipFusion waiting for me! Very Happy

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
It sounds absolutely delish. I'm going to see if I can find it online right now.

I finally restocked my Skin Eternal last night, and my lips are thanking me today -- no more dryness! Not really any more fullness, though, unfortunately. Rolling Eyes

Ah well, hopefully I'll arrive home from work today to find my LipFusion waiting for me! Very Happy

www.candessence.com its under the skincare section
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, that's right! Isn't this stuff made by a lady that is a member of this forum?

My LipFusion arrived today, thank you EDS! I can't say that it's done anything yet. I will try to use it more diligently this go-round, and use it mainly as a nighttime treatment.

I didn't pump my lips too much today. This is approaching the end of my fifth week of using the pump (I was thinking it was my sixth, until I looked at my calendar). I hope it starts working soon...a lot of people on the messageboard seemed to start seeing results after the sixth week...

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Shock Whoa! The lip pump messageboard thingy that I was reading isn't dead after all! Someone actually posted something yesterday about the inside of the pump scratching their lips! I got myself an account and posted something too, about my plump not lasting. I'll be watching it for replies!

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
RedDevil, what message board are you talking about, does Cynthia Rowlands have one? Could you provide the link?
Thanks
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I think this is it:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/191228/

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I think this is it:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/191228/

Bingo, that's the one!

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!
When I went to that link I think it looked familiar...must have visited there some time in the past year.

My plump is going OK, I'm doing it 3x a day, usually a few short pulls (3-4 sec) combined with one longer pull (10-15 sec), 3 top up , 3 top down. The bruising hasn't gotten any worse but hasn't faded yet, I think I'm the only one who notices it. Right afterwards it looks great for about an hour and then slowly fades away, I'm only at about 2-1/2 - 3 weeks or so of using it.

Interestingly enough my lips are still pretty plump first thing in the morning, maybe because of laying down all night (fluid staying in that area better?)
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Good for you Chocolat, though I'm sorry to hear that you're still bruising. Crying or Very sad

I have heard that lips are plumper in the morning. I have never noticed that with myself, though, unfortunately.

I think, I THINK I might be making progress. My lips seem to prefer many short sessions of as short as five seconds. I tried this on Saturday, and my lips deflated to what I think is my ideal size, then actually held for twenty minutes. And, my lips are becoming rosier. I think that my LipFusion XL might be helping out, too. I find that it's still on my lips when I wake up in the morning, and when I put it on at night, it burns AND numbs, so I know it's penetrating. I have gotten back on my HA tablets, and I've been taking my BioSil daily, even though it tastes like how decaying flesh smells! Confused

This is the start of my sixth week of the pump. I have this really good feeling that it's going to start working soon!

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Well the bruising has faded. I've tried longer pulls (10-15 sec) w/great immediate results but the results fades a lot quicker. I agree with RedDevil that shorter pulls may be longer-lasting in the end. I may alternate and do a few short and one long in each session and see what that does.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think several short pulls are going to be the key, because they give your lips a chance to gradually adjust to the fluid coming in. I think I'm going to set a new rule for myself to hold the pull for no more than five seconds and see how that works this week. I have definitely seen the trend that it seems to work. In the evenings I have time to do several short pulls, and I seem to get better results than in the day, when I don't really have time and so I try to plump up quickly in one or two long pulls. Same thing on the weekends -- I get better results because I have more time.

I'm glad your bruising has gone down, Chocolat!

chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Okay . . .I mneed this lip attnetion and you have all given me sooo much to buy! My lips will be the lize of hot dogs now! Razz

27 without sign of aging (yet), southern Cali resident, oily skin, I.D. Bare Minerals "buffer", Peter Thomas Roth lover, light skin complexion with golden undertones, naturally curly brown hair, brown eyes, race = Black, Irish, Cherokee.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
chellsta wrote:
Okay . . .I mneed this lip attnetion and you have all given me sooo much to buy! My lips will be the lize of hot dogs now! Razz

Laughing

Mine get about that big...too bad they don't stay that way!

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

*taking deep breaths and wringing hands*

I have found a way to get my plump to lasts, but it hurts like the dickens! Whatever "the dickens" is.

I pumped my lips up, then applied a bit of Lip Injection Xtreme, then smothered it with some aloe gel. My plump is lasting, and my lips are nice and rosy, but dang! They burn! Shock Shock Shock

Heh...there's gotta be a better way!

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |