Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Obagi finishing 18 weeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Peaches6311

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using the Obagi system for the past 17 weeks. What do I do for maintenance? How long after finishing the first 18 weeks before I start again? Also, how long should I wait until I get something like a microderm abrasion?

I love my results. Though I still have uneven skin tone. I have had people tell me that my skin looks great.

The advice that I read here was a great help to me in the first few weeks. So thanks everyone for all your help.

Peaches
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Peaches,

I would recommend that you see a derm to determine when you should go on maintenance or not. From what I understand it is very individual when you can start on maint. and if your skin tone still i uneven, you might want to carry on for a bit more..
My derm told me that I should use 2,5 - 3 tubes of Tret. 0,1% before going on maint.

But again, it's individual so I'd recommend you see a derm
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Blueyes...what do u mean by 2,5-3 tubes of tretinoin...hmmm i confused about the 2,5...sorry if i sound dumb Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Peaches.....do u have any before and after photos that u can post....
I am so happy for u that u have got good results...enjoy them...and try to maintain it....i am sure there will be someone who can give u the right maintainence shcdule...
I am on my 8th week,,,,go blotchiness much better but still waiting fo rmore improvement Smile
Good luck...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Peaches6311 wrote:
Hi,

I have been using the Obagi system for the past 17 weeks. What do I do for maintenance? How long after finishing the first 18 weeks before I start again? Also, how long should I wait until I get something like a microderm abrasion?

I love my results. Though I still have uneven skin tone. I have had people tell me that my skin looks great.

The advice that I read here was a great help to me in the first few weeks. So thanks everyone for all your help.

Peaches

You can continue the Nu Derm for 24 weeks if your tone is uneven still (this may or may not take care of that). "Normal" maintenance is this:

AM: Cleanse, tone, C serum if you use this. Clear 2-3 days a week. On opposite days Exfoderm 2-3 days a week. Sunscreen.

PM: Cleanse, tone, Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week. This is where the most playing around will come in and you will have to see what is the least amount you can use to still maintain your results.

The other days/nights when you aren't using any of the "active" Obagi products you can use whatever you want.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Peaches6311 wrote:
Hi,

Peaches

You can continue the Nu Derm for 24 weeks if your tone is uneven still (this may or may not take care of that). "Normal" maintenance is this:

AM: Cleanse, tone, C serum if you use this. Clear 2-3 days a week. On opposite days Exfoderm 2-3 days a week. Sunscreen.

PM: Cleanse, tone, Blender/Retin A anywhere from 2-5 times a week. This is where the most playing around will come in and you will have to see what is the least amount you can use to still maintain your results.

The other days/nights when you aren't using any of the "active" Obagi products you can use whatever you want.

very detail, thanks a lot
Peaches6311

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
No, I didn't take any before and after photos. I wished I would have. I do know that I am pretty happy with the results.

Thanks for the recommendations for the maintenance. I am not currently using the C serum. I got my Obagi at an open house my derm was having. They didn't really say anything about it. What is it? I might go back and get some if it might be something good for me.

They didn't really push the eye stuff either, but I went back and got some and have been happy with it also. At first it made me look really old and awful, but now I have less creases in my eylid (where you put eye shadow). Can't tell it has done anything for the underneath or sides of my eyes. But those crinkles just mean I have lived a happy life.

Thanks again everyone,
Peaches
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Peaches6311 wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations for the maintenance. I am not currently using the C serum. I got my Obagi at an open house my derm was having. They didn't really say anything about it. What is it? I might go back and get some if it might be something good for me.

A lot of people use the C serum with the Nu Derm and/or on maintenance. You can go to Obagi.com and find information on their C serum, or you can check around here on EDS for reviews of other topical C serums. It is a good antioxidant, some formulas can help boost the performance of your sunscreen, and it can help build collagen. You do not have to use it.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:43 am      Reply with quote
Peaches 6311,,,when did u actually see the real difference in ur skin while on obagi...after how many weeks of treatment ur skin was alot better than before ?
Thnaks Smile
Peaches6311

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I went home for Christmas around week 8 and people noticed a difference.

I started to notice around week 12.

I had done IPL's, micro derms, and laser Genesis for several years, and used pretty good skincare --- all kinds of different brands. So, my skin was in pretty good shape to start with. Of course I tend to view myself in rose colored glasses, so it might not have been as good as I thought. Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Peachy girl...thanks for the reply....i am in in my 8th week and i can tell a difference ,,,,the differnece i can see is the disappearance on ugly blotchiness on my face,,,it was making my face look very very dirty even with a thick foundation...so there is no more blotchiness since the 3rd week of obagi nuderm...
Have acne,,,didnt have it before startng this system...
Skin is softer,,,radiant and healthy looknig Smile
But i dont see the BIG differnece that i was always hoping for,,,i think i might see it in 12th week as well Smile
Thanks ...
kate1978

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
CAn anybody help me please ? I started obagi nu derm starter kit on saturday 20th Feb, I did tret .1% with blender for the first 3 nights but couldnt stand the soreness, blisters, weeping skin after that. I have not used tret in eve since Monday night so 2 nights off it and skin feels less sore. I am wondering if i would be safe to commence it again this evening can anybody advise me please? I am new to this site so hope I am posting correctly? Can anybody tell me also if its ok to use my regular foundation with the nu derm system? Love KATE X
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
kate1978 wrote:
CAn anybody help me please ? I started obagi nu derm starter kit on saturday 20th Feb, I did tret .1% with blender for the first 3 nights but couldnt stand the soreness, blisters, weeping skin after that. I have not used tret in eve since Monday night so 2 nights off it and skin feels less sore. I am wondering if i would be safe to commence it again this evening can anybody advise me please? I am new to this site so hope I am posting correctly? Can anybody tell me also if its ok to use my regular foundation with the nu derm system? Love KATE X

Kate, do you still have any blisters and/or weeping skin? If you do, I would not start back on it yet. I would definitely tell you to take your tretinoin down to the 0.025%. You should be red and dry, flaky, but you should not have any open sores or blisters. (If your skin is still raw, use some diaper rash cream. It will heal your skin quickly.).

Yes, you can use regular foundation with Nu Derm. It just might not look too good!
kate1978

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Riley Girl for your reply. I have been so confused. I live in UK and its not a popular product here yet. I got it from internet and have been a little confused as to what is acceptable, good to know blisters are not! However my common sense could have told me that eh!This forum is great for the obagi novice. I have applied half my ususal blob of tret tonight before I read your post, however my sores are near as healed and it feels ok so far> The one thing that scared me was the fact that I woke up after day 2 of tret at night and all of the flakes of skin had kind of hardened and deformed my face into kinda like a mask. I t sounds sick my husband was repulsed.....it was sick~! I am worrying myself now as maybe i should have lef it off tonight. At least I have day off work tom. I am back in work Monday but I cnt see myself continuing with this regime if i look like a sugar puff every day will it improve?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kate, it should improve slightly the more you get used to the tretinoin. But, you will be red and flaky through the majority of the regimen. One thing you could do is cut the amounts of product down and go to every other night with the RA/Blender until your skin gets more accustomed to the products. You also can use an enzyme product in the morning to help with the flakes. Or when you are in the shower with your head under the water, use your fingers to gently massage off the flakes. If you ever get raw any where do not apply the products to those areas until they are healed! Hope that helps.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Riley is soooooooo right.==Riley this is exaclty what u told me...my face was getting very mask like,,and it was the dead and dry skin that was making it like that.....For the first few weeks,,,using tret was so hard for me ,,,my face was read,,,sunburned and sire....few people asked me what happened to my face....i never gave up,,,kept using it almost everyday,,,except for the days it was raw........after 3 to 4 weeks,,,,redness diminished...
The mask like appearance went away form the day i started gently rubbing off my face while i was in shower,,,,so there was no dead skin that was making my face stiff....
It really helps...
Thanks Riley...u r so wise and helpful... Smile Seriously...
kate1978

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Thats great advice girl thank you. I am really glad i found this web site. i found that as i used less last nught of the tret my skin i no way near as sore as it was to begin with. I think less is best as you said riley. im sure i will be in touch again soon. xx

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
By the way Maheen and Riley Girl what kind of results did you both get ? x

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
kate1978 wrote:
By the way Maheen and Riley Girl what kind of results did you both get ? x

I got excellent results. All my pigmentation faded completely. It took me 3 months on the aggressive approach to even start seeing results, but Obagi is still the one and pretty much only thing that ever worked for my skin.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Welll for me,,,2 months will be completed on march 5th...so far so good...i started to see the difference in my skin really early in the treatment...all my blotchiness gone away,,my skin got smoother,and more vibrant...
But now in the 7th week,,i got some acne because of tretinoin,,,big ones,,,3 on left cheek,,one on right,,,one on temple and one on forehead,,,so thats making my face look less even toned,,beacise of the redness,,,but i know once it will go away,,,,i ll see a big difference...
Since i have started obagi nuderm,my face is really dry,,it feels a bit better when i put exfoderm on it,,,but again it gets dry,,,and dryness is what makes my face look dull,,,i m sure once i stop this system or go on maintenance and will be able to moisturize,,,i ll see the real difference in my skin,cuz there will be no blotchiness and no dryness,,,only even toned radiant and hydrated skin Smile
sooo excited to see that....
AAAh i know i talk alot..
anyway,,,my skin was 1 on the scale of 1 to 10 and right now it is 7....i would give it a 8 ,,if it was nt this dry and didnt have acne Smile
Good luck with everyone....by the way Kate,when did u see the big difference in ur skin ? how long it took...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kate sorry i just realized u r still in the beginnig of ths system...i m usre it will do wonders for u..u ll really be happy with the results,,,its gonna be hard in the beginnig,,,this is what Riley and kims told me..and they were absolutely right...no regrets...by the way it is the 8th week for me...i have heard for majority of the people,,,the visible results come around the 12th week Smile i m so excited Smile may be i can feel beautiful again..Honestly i have started to feel more confident for the past few weeks,since my blotchiness faded,,,when i look in the mirror now,,,i cant see that scary person anymore,,even in the resence of big red acne...this is how scary my face became because of blotchn ess a bit of melasma and rough dry skin Smile
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:53 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Blueyes...what do u mean by 2,5-3 tubes of tretinoin...hmmm i confused about the 2,5...sorry if i sound dumb Smile

Hi Maheen1,

My derm told me to go through a tube (50gr) of Tret 0,1% in about six weeks, so that means around 2,5 to 3 tubes in the first 18 weeks. (Although it's important to tailor it to your skin)
I'm on week 11 and had very bad reactions in the beginning so I haven't used that amount, so I guess I'll be doing more than 18 weeks.
But now my skin has calmed down a lot, and I'm very happy with the results so a few more weeks is ok (although I'm really looking forward to go on maintenance)
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
man....i have a 30 gram tretinoin tube 0.1 %% and i thought that was going to last me till 3 months...so if i was plannig to do a 24 week cycle,,,i was only going to get it once more...man.....i think i m sing very less of it...what am i doing...feel like its still working,,,cuz i m finshing my 8th weke,and i m still peeling...but,,,God,,,dont u think i should increase the quantity ?
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
man....i have a 30 gram tretinoin tube 0.1 %% and i thought that was going to last me till 3 months...so if i was plannig to do a 24 week cycle,,,i was only going to get it once more...man.....i think i m sing very less of it...what am i doing...feel like its still working,,,cuz i m finshing my 8th weke,and i m still peeling...but,,,God,,,dont u think i should increase the quantity ?

Its hard for me to say what you should do Maheen1, but it is recommended that one mixes approx 0,5gr of Tret and 0,5gr of Blender each night
I had used less than a 50 gr tube on my 6th week check up and my derm said that I hadn't used enough (I was quite bummed cause I felt I had been doing so well...)

I'm on week 11 and still peeling, although not that much anymore.. still red though
Gini
5% products discount

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
When I began the program I was advised by my derms nurse to alternate days of using Exfoderm and Blender/Tret. I think it was for the first week. I was also told to use no more than a pea sized amt. of Blender and same of tret. and mix on your hand. Is this what others understood? I am a confirmed Obagi fan on week 16. I love the way it has plumped up the lines(forget what ther're called)from nose to mouth on either side. I had some whitehead and pimple flare-ups as the peeling took away the skin that was holding impurities "hostage"- stopped happening as peeling slowed also some old little scars have disappeared.
G
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |