Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clarisonic Mia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vincia
5% products discount

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Essential Day Spa Smile I had a lot of difficulty finding the Clarisonic Mia in Vancouver. I'm so glad you had it in store.

I've been using the Mia for a month now and it's great!

I have acne prone combination skin. I generally use "sensitive skin" products because my skin can easily be too oily or too dry -- either conditions causes my skin to flare up.

Initially I used it both in the morning and night but after a week I use it just at night. There was a short period of purging but it went away really fast. It made a noticable difference in my skin. My acne didn't completely disappear but a lot of it cleared up & pimples clear away faster. I think the key to this product is it's ability to clean effectively (I don't get the makeup residue on the cotton pads anymore when I use my toner).

I recently went to Toronto and Whistler & it's definitely compact enough to take with me. Although I highly suggest you fully charge the Mia before you leave & that way you can leave the charger at home. After a full charge (it takes about a day), it works for 20 washes.

The downfall is that you'll have to replace the brush head every month. Mine's pretty worn out already.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I got the Mia from EDS, as well. I think it is nice, but I have not seen any miracles with it (I have normal skin, no pores or breakouts).

I thought the brush head only had to be replaced every 3 months?
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
i don't get how using clarisonic is beneficial?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
i don't get how using clarisonic is beneficial?

It helps clean your skin better than just your cleanser and water, therefore enhancing the penetration of the products you use, clearing out pores, supposedly to help with skin tone, etc.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I recently started using the Clarisonic too. I think it's making my skin drier? Anyone experiencing this?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
I recently started using the Clarisonic too. I think it's making my skin drier? Anyone experiencing this?

Yes!! I was using it twice a day, then backed off to once a day, and now I only use it a few days a week. I do get very dry from it. Not sure if that will pass or not?
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use the Mia twice daily but I use a little less pressure than when I first got it. Also, it's my understanding the head needs to be replaced in approximately 90 days, depending on use.

I did not notice more dryness of the skin, but I have switched a few things I am applying so maybe they are more hydrating. I like the cleanser that came with the Mia.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:

Yes!! I was using it twice a day, then backed off to once a day, and now I only use it a few days a week. I do get very dry from it. Not sure if that will pass or not?

Yeah, I've backed off to once every other day too. Maybe if your skin doesn't need that much exfoliation, it's not necessary and ends up making it drier instead.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
It is well worth the purchase. I have been using this over a month. The results are noticeable. My skin is smooth and soft and my pores smaller. Overall my complexion has taken a turn for the better. Clarisonic Mia Cleaning System needs to be added to your daily face regime. Highly recommended!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 am      Reply with quote
onlyxi6 wrote:
It is well worth the purchase. I have been using this over a month. The results are noticeable. My skin is smooth and soft and my pores smaller. Overall my complexion has taken a turn for the better. Clarisonic Mia Cleaning System needs to be added to your daily face regime. Highly recommended!

I just wonder if it's worth the hefty price tag I can say all the same using my under 40$ iskin from Sally's? No offense, but the price tag has really prevented me from buying any of the Clarisonic products? Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
onlyxi6 wrote:

I just wonder if it's worth the hefty price tag I can say all the same using my under 40$ iskin from Sally's? No offense, but the price tag has really prevented me from buying any of the Clarisonic products? Smile

DM

Well, I think I have been using mine for at least a month now. I don't think it is worth the hefty price. I think if you have pore issues, etc., maybe it would be worth it, but for my aging skin it hasn't done anything. Another product that I feel I have wasted my money on, unfortunately.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Riley, I was tempted at times due to so many raves, but what I have exfolieates very well and uses rounded beads so no worry about skin tears I think I can stick with what I have and find another use for the $$$ Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got one when I was using Nuderm so it is one of the originals. What is the difference? Is it just price,because I can't tell,mine was alot cheaper,as far as how it works,it does a good job keeping my pores clean and I don't have to exfoliate as often.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
I got one when I was using Nuderm so it is one of the originals. What is the difference? Is it just price,because I can't tell,mine was alot cheaper,as far as how it works,it does a good job keeping my pores clean and I don't have to exfoliate as often.

The Mia or my Iskin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
The Mia.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the information from EDS

Clarisonic Mia™ Sonic Skin Cleansing System (4 items)  $149.00 USD Convert
Mia, for on the go glow. Say hello to Clarisonic Mia. Mia is the new, go-anywhere Sonic Skin Cleansing System in a great compact size. The one-button, one-speed Mia fits your active lifestyle for beautiful, glowing skin wherever life's adventures take you.

Kit includes:
Cordless Clarisonic Mia
Compact pLink™ International Charger for worldwide use
Sensitive Brush Head
1 oz. trial size Gentle Hydro Cleanser

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/clarisonic-systems-m_408_822.htm

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM, I really can't see any difference.I have the classic for 195.00 and oh the color.All remove 6 times the makeup.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Thanks DM, I really can't see any difference.I have the classic for 195.00 and oh the color.All remove 6 times the makeup.

I mainly think it's smaller, and might not have all the brush head choices but I can't swear? I get my make up off with OCM and the Iskin does the exfolieating for me so I just figure I will stick with that now, I can't give up OCM it works way too well for me. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
The Mia is smaller, only has one speed, can't take the body brush head, and has no timer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
The Mia is smaller, only has one speed, can't take the body brush head, and has no timer.

Thanks for clarifying, I am not putting it down I know many love the Clairsonic's I just know what I have is enough for my skin. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been back and forth on purchasing this and have put it in my basket several times. I havce dry skin (which is even drier with this cold winter), and am worried it will make it drier. I see some of you complained of driness so I think I'll hold off ordering it until summer!

Thanks for the review and the insights that followed!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
3rd.oculus wrote:

Thanks for clarifying, I am not putting it down I know many love the Clairsonic's I just know what I have is enough for my skin. Smile

Absolutely. Some people even like it better, since the charger's more compact for travelling.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:

Now this could be why I don't notice anything special about it, as I don't wear make-up!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Leggy 61 wrote:

Now this could be why I don't notice anything special about it, as I don't wear make-up!!

LOL That's actually funny! When I use the Iskin it always floors me I use it on absolutely clean skin and the cream plus the Iskin at work and over a towel the dead cells come off and look grey, sounds gross I know but I know it's doing what it's meant to! I think another cost factor is that this is battery operated no charger but I just have rechargeable batteries and a charger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
So, DM, you can see dead skin come off when you use your Iskin even on clean skin? I wonder if my technique with the Mia is off or something. I honestly don't feel that is cleans any better than a microfiber cloth.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |