Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

jane iredale products ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone...i m going to buy the following products from jane iredale...my questions are :::
1...i would love to know if there r any other products of jane iredale that are worth buying..
2...Which brush i should buy from jane iredale for applying loose mineral powder....they have 3 or 4 different type of brushes... Chisel/Handi/kabuki ..
3...Is there any different brush that i should buy for applying concealer under my eyes ?
4...what is a base that is applied under the mineral foundation ? or are both the same things...

Basically i m going to buy
1...concealer for dark undereye circles,which are more greyish...(dont know which one i should buy,since there r different types.
2...Hydration spray.
Loose min powder.
3..tinted moisturizer.
4..Loose finishing powder.

Is there anyhtin else i should buy.
Thanks...Smile
Jess_Doll
5% products discount

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I have the liquid mineral foundation and its soooo hard to find a good match for foundation I gave up.

I heard they are good, but it'd be best if you can try out the colors first. Cause its quite expensive.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
thanks jess doll...yes u riright they r expensive..tried loose powder shae warm sieenna,,,it looksa bit darker,,,i think amber would be the rigth shade...
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I use the JI kabuki to apply my loose powder and love it. I use skin ceuticals sunblock as my base, and then apply my loose powder (JI). I then apply blush (Nars). I use the hydration spray once I'm done and throughout the day if my face looks a little dry. I have also tried the concealer, but I didn't buy it (a little to dry for me but it concealed very well).Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
hey Breezy..thanks....hmmm plz can u also tell me if the kabuki brush is also by jane iredale ? and which brush do u apply the nars blush with ?
Hmmm what is the purpose of applying a base ? i have noticed that when i apply the loose powder after applying my aveeno sunblock,,,it has a very creamy and nice finish at the end Smile
vincia
5% products discount

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
How does the Jane Iredale foundation compare with Bare Minerals foundation?
Amarise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have to say that the hydration spray is worth it. I've used both the PomMist & Balance spray, they smell nice. With it, my foundation has a dewy look and makes the staying power last long thru the day. I've also used their pressed powder foundation and found that I liked it, though eventually I found it sorta of dried and itched my skin (oily combo). But then I didn't know you have to have the right moisturizer underneath with minerals.

I use another brand of foundation now that I'm content with. I also wish I would have used the spray a while back, that alone would have help with the cakey look I would get with most loose mineral powders.

So even if you venture off to another foundation, the spray should work well with what you use.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of different mineral powders, from Bare Essentials, Mac, Philosophy to name a few! It's taken me a long time to find a place that sells Jane Iredale, other than online, but it was worth it because the shade that I would have chosen online would have been too sallow, too warm making my skin tone too yellow and I'm Eurasian. Jane Iredale is a much better mineral powder. The texture is finer and the finish is silkier, it looks more natural. Plus it has the additional bonus of SPF 20. I also got the hydration mist to help set the powder.

I'm on the Obagi Nu derm regime like maheen1, so I've been following your journal! I've gone through and still going through the ups and done. Overall the results have been good. But after so many reviews about Jane Iredale, I can understand why it gets such a positive review, for me it was worth spending a little more extra in price for a better product.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
hey Breezy..thanks....hmmm plz can u also tell me if the kabuki brush is also by jane iredale ? and which brush do u apply the nars blush with ?
Hmmm what is the purpose of applying a base ? i have noticed that when i apply the loose powder after applying my aveeno sunblock,,,it has a very creamy and nice finish at the end Smile

The kabuki brush is Jane Iredale. I love it and I've had it a few years. I think I bought a Sonia Kashuk brush at Target to apply the Nars blush. Like you, I think sunblock makes a great base for putting the powder on. When I try to apply the powder without a base, it looks too dry. I have also tried things like Photofinish from Sephora and still prefer to use my sunblock under the JI loose powder.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |