Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Green Tea Plant in Toronto
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
i'm trying to track down a nursery or store, in TORONTO, that sells the green tea plant. the actual plant. camellia sinensis.

if anyone knows, would you pass on the info, please. thank you!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i'm trying to track down a nursery or store, in TORONTO, that sells the green tea plant. the actual plant. camellia sinensis.

if anyone knows, would you pass on the info, please. thank you!

Hi, llina. Hope you're feeling less stressed now and are doing something fun JUST FOR YOU this weekend.

I found a place that might have them - at least they sell camellia sinensis seeds on their website. The good news is they have a greenhouse 30 miles from Toronto - it looks like a great place to visit. Here are directions: http://www.richters.com/newdisplay.cgi?page=./visit.html&cart_id=8730070.25613

I wonder if they have live plants at their greenhouse. I guess you could call them before you make the trip there.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
thanks skippie!

i tried searching for green tea seeds and/or plants, online a couple of years ago. at that time, i didn't get any results except for nurseries in the US. i hope things have changed. back then i was frantically searching cuz an old friend from my teenage years had cancer. then on a tip from my brother, about green tea extract from the actual live plant and curing cancer. then it turned out she didn't want to use the green tea and went abroad for extreme treatment. she passed away a couple of years ago. i was so heartbroken i gave up my search for green tea.

lately with the stressful work load, i was thinking about it again. thought i wouldn't hurt to eat some everyday... and also to buy a plant/or grow one for myself, mom, dad, brother, etc. life is so precious... its gone in a flash. when we're living, we complain and can't wait till time passes...always in a rush to do the next best thing....in rush to live life but not really living it.

anyways, thank you for the link. i appreciate it. they say that one can not grow green tea in north america...but i'm convinced i can. its worth a try!

i'm going to check out that site now, skippie. thank you. i hope you're feeling better also. i'm working on my work-over-load and it is becoming more manageable. phew! and trying to keep my stress level under control. i usually work 7 days a week...but as soon as the deadlines are finished, i plan to take a few weekends off. thank you for asking.

hugs!
lina

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
thanks skippie.
i sent them an email regarding the plant. otherwise i'll get the seeds and start growing them myself.

Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry about your friend, lina - you're right, life is very precious and too short even in good health to waste on anger and hate. I never thought about eating green tea leaves. Let me know if you find a plant or decide to grow some seeds.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
hi skippie,
they don't have the plants, only the seeds. i'm going out there this weekend and pick up some seeds. start planting them soon.... and take advantage of this unusually warm spring we're having. i would think that with natural summer sun (south window) and then under my orchid light stand during the winter, and some super organic food compost as fertilizer, it would take me at least 1-2 years till i can start eating off of a plant. yikes! Neutral i guess its better than nothing. i'm be growing several so that i can gift them to others. a gift of love and health.

i hope you're well... and enjoying the warm weather. i have noticed since i've been off the forum, i'm actually getting alot of work done and have tons of time to play with all my gadgets and skincare. my skin looks great! Laughing

miss you!
lina

alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ilina
Have you heard of Herbies Herbs? They are right downtown in Toronto, and they have every thing. They might be able to help you. Not sure if they have the sprouted plant or not, but they would be able to tell you where to get one. They have found even the most obscure things for me, and are willing to order them in for you. They are in the book I think, but if you cannot find the number, I could hunt it down and let you know.
Hope this helps
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
hi alexes! wave
thank you! no i've never heard of herbies herbs. i'm located downtown too. i'll look them up.

i got some seeds but the plants would be a big help... can start giving them out to friends and family quickly.

thank you again! i really appreciate it. its nice that i can meet super nice pple on the forum.
happy easter, alexes!

and happy easter everyone!

alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey Ilina! Happy Easter to you too! If you need the phone number for Herbies, pm me and I will find it for you. Not sure if they can help, but I think they might be able to. Best of luck.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |