Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Interesting oberservation about skin and fish oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed that my skin best responds to skin treatments if I am simultaneously taking an omega supplement. When I think back to all of the times if the past few years that I was happy with my skin, it was when I was regularly taking tablespoon of fish and hemp oil each night. I've been struggling with my skin for the past few months, wondering why it wasn't responding to retin-a, etc. but I started the regime again a month or so ago and my skin is suddenly looking good again; My skin tone is evening out again with retin-a. The problem is gulping the supplements down every night, it seems I inevitably get sick of it and fall of the bandwagon.
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Coconut

I agree omega 3s really do help moisturize the skin from the inside. I am taking flaxseed oil at the minute and my skin loves it,I take capsules because I find it hard to swallow the liquid .Have you tried capsules at all ,they are easier to take and have no taste or smell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to start taking some omega 3 and possibly flax seed oil. What does flax seed oil do again? Smile

Are these supplements safe to take? Even with the mercury in omega 3?

Thanks!!
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
insomnia - Not all Om3 supps have mercury in them. Choose a reliable brand, with a product that is pure molecularly filtered fish oil.
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
if you can stand eating a can of sardines every day your skin will be glowing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Pluto - you don't like sardines?
I eat them almost every day. Either that or mackerel or salmon. Musta been a cat in a past life Wink
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.,

Oh, no, that means I must have been a mouse, since I love che-e-e-e-ese!

Do you have glorious skin?

Pluto

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, it's not bad. But the real test will be how I look in 30 years Wink
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
What brand of omega 3 without mercury would you recommend?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - Omega 3 can come from plant or animal sources. Flax seed and Chia seed are good plant sources - and preferably grind them fresh right before consuming. Oils are less safe in that they have double bonds and are susceptible to oxidation and easily become rancid if not fresh. I've used both of these.

A superior animal based source is taking Krill oil supplements for Omega 3. I take Krill. Krill are very tiny fish and do not absorb the mercury of other larger fish. They provide Superb antioxidant protection with unique antioxidants -- including astaxanthin (this is a great anti-oxidant) and also less burping or belching which happens with other fish oils.

Krill are at the bottom of the food chain and collected far from pollution so you don't have to worry about unsafe accumulations of mercury, PCBs, heavy metals or other toxins. (this you do have more of a concern with salmon and other oily fish)

Pure Krill Oil is more stable and more resistant to rancidity than conventional fish oils. This means it will last longer and won't oxidize in your body due to rancidity. It will last for TWO years at room temperature.

Hope this helps. I'm all about getting those Omega 3's Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I take Carlson's lemon flavores Moega 3 fish oil, it takes really good if you can believe it....2 tablespoons a day I refridgerate it. Its a very high quality oil.....I buy from Iherb.com....it has excellent reviews there and its 50% cheaper than buying in the store!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Guys....if you really want info like this on fish oil go towww.imminist.org those guys are really informed on nutrition because the goal of the site is to live forever!
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I take fish oil every day and it really works wonders for the skin and body in general.
I want to start taking either pumpkin seeds or flax seed to but I'm not sure which would benefit me most. Any ideas?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry eyes. My optomist suggested taking Omega 3 as a supplement and advised it could take a month for an improvement.

I agree that it takes a month to see an improvement with any supplement.

I prefer Flax capsules over Omega 3. (No fish burps) It does help my dry eyes. I am not sure if it helps my skin but is a good supplement for overall health.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 am      Reply with quote
OK probably going mad, but I figure it worth mentioning. Has anyone noticed their eyelashes have grown since taking fish oil or is it just me. Eyelashes have never been a point of concern for me as I've always had good ones, but I think I'm noticing growth since taking them. Could be wrong, but figured it worth putting out there to see if I am an alien? Embarassed
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed any change in my eyelashes since taking fish oil. And I've been taking it regularly since 2006. I recently changed to krill oil.

However, my eyes themselves feel better with fish/krill oil and flax oil. I've always had dry eyes, where the lubrication is "like toothpaste" instead of "like baby oil" (eye doc's descriptions). Adding the flax to the fish helped. Don't know if it's because it's flax. (in a way it is -- see, you can only digest so much fish oil at a time, the rest is wasted. So flax being a different set of molecules it can get digested along side the fish oil upping your omega 3. This is my thought on it. But it makes sense.)

Pluto

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
I have very dry eyes. My optomist suggested taking Omega 3 as a supplement and advised it could take a month for an improvement.

I agree that it takes a month to see an improvement with any supplement.

I prefer Flax capsules over Omega 3. (No fish burps) It does help my dry eyes. I am not sure if it helps my skin but is a good supplement for overall health.

I've never experienced the burping thing with Krill. Supposedly it's absorbed better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I find the Krill oil to be superior to other fish oils for all the reasons Sis gave.
The astaxanthin gives it added benefit.
The only downside is it's more expensive.
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I got my krill oil from the dr mercola site. In fact, I'm about to reorder. I thought the price was reasonable.

It was $105. for 3 months' supply for me with evening primrose plus 3 months' supply for DH.

Pluto

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use the NSI brand fish oil from vitacost. I've read about krill and not only is it significantly more expensive than fish, but you can't really get as high a dose as you would from liquid fish oil. I'll probably end up integrating krill oil at some point though.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi - Omega 3 can come from plant or animal sources. Flax seed and Chia seed are good plant sources - and preferably grind them fresh right before consuming. Oils are less safe in that they have double bonds and are susceptible to oxidation and easily become rancid if not fresh. I've used both of these.

A superior animal based source is taking Krill oil supplements for Omega 3. I take Krill. Krill are very tiny fish and do not absorb the mercury of other larger fish. They provide Superb antioxidant protection with unique antioxidants -- including astaxanthin (this is a great anti-oxidant) and also less burping or belching which happens with other fish oils.

Krill are at the bottom of the food chain and collected far from pollution so you don't have to worry about unsafe accumulations of mercury, PCBs, heavy metals or other toxins. (this you do have more of a concern with salmon and other oily fish)

Pure Krill Oil is more stable and more resistant to rancidity than conventional fish oils. This means it will last longer and won't oxidize in your body due to rancidity. It will last for TWO years at room temperature.

Hope this helps. I'm all about getting those Omega 3's Smile

I also recently added Krill Oil to my vitamin regimen. It is a more stable superior source of the ever so important Omega 3. I still take my Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, but have cut it in half substituting the Krill Oil for the other half. I may eventually go to "All Krill". Very Happy

Fresh quality salmon oil is pricey and the Krill may be a better choice for the oxidation issue.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
OK probably going mad, but I figure it worth mentioning. Has anyone noticed their eyelashes have grown since taking fish oil or is it just me. Eyelashes have never been a point of concern for me as I've always had good ones, but I think I'm noticing growth since taking them. Could be wrong, but figured it worth putting out there to see if I am an alien? Embarassed

That is interesting TheresaMary. Do you by chance take MSM? I don't think you are an alien, just healthy! Laughing

MSM is known to help with hair and nail growth, but maybe it has something to do with Omega 3 too?

I have taken both for years and I have full, lush, long lashes. Very Happy I do no need or have never even considered using an eyelash serum. So maybe there is something to certain supplements aiding in hair and lash growth?
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
what is MSM?

my nails are brittle cuz i work with my hands, and my eyelashes have always been short.
i have an abudance of hair but it's dry cuz i dyed it. man i sound ugly. lol
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |