Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ANTI-AGING EYES AND FACE PLUS VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS ADVICE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
SORRY I DID PUT THIS UNDER PRODUCT REVIEWS IN ERROR

Hi

I am 41 years old. I am trying to sort out a skincare routine for aging skin. Im really struggling with my face and how it looks. Ive never been confident in my face and struggled with feeling i look ugly. I have now become so much worse in thinking i look old looking and ugly. i just manage to go to work as im still inmy comfort zone with the few office people i work with but other than that i dont tend to leave my house much. Im so bad that i have started to only put my rubbish out when it gets dark as i dont want neighbours seeing me. As i said im 41 years old and feel i look so much older. Im also very single which i have always thought was down to my ugliness and now im looking older than my age it is not helping and im feeling i dont want my life to cvarry on in this way. I cant afford cosmetic surgery. If i could i definagtely would. I run a house on a small wage so i really do not have loads of spare money

I am looking for both a day a night routine to follow.

My problem areas / concerns which i would like to work on are:-

Crepy skin and puffiness under the eye ( this is quite bad and really does get me down so much so that i hate looking inthe mirror) I am looking for a good eyecream that will hydrate / moisuturise my eye area and also firm them up

Upper eyelids are a little hooded and i am looking for an eyecream to help with this

crows feet

sagging skin also around my jowls and face in general. This tends to make my already slim face look drawn and older. I am looking again for a good moisturiser and firming cream. I do seem to have losgt a lot of elasticity in the whole of my face and eyes

frown lines

I have also been getting for about the last three months boil type things that keep appeaing on my face. I only seem to have one or two come up at a time. They are not spots that are hard and then fill up with pus and burst. I first will notice a tenderness burise type feeling on a place on my face and then it soon forms a hard lump under the skin. I must admit i am terrible and try to squeeze (or rather i did when they first started coming) but this only broke the sking and leaves horrible marks.

I would also like advice on taking the right vitamins or supplements that will help me and my skin in anyway.

I seem to be healthy in all ways though i do suffer with depression which comes and goes

I would be grateful if anyone could hep me in any way. Thank you so much in advance for anyone willing or able to give me some advicve

many thanks and best wishes to all

Sally

xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
just a thought..... would a retinol cream be a good one for anti aging and to help with the acne i seem to be getting

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
salster, I would highly recommend using Retin A both for anti-aging and acne.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Brierrose

Thank you so much for replying. Wuld i use retin a just at night time and alone?

i desperately need an eyecream for day and night to help with my eyes as they are jsut so aged and crepey directly under my eye and with puffiness. people will often say i look tired but it makes me look so so old too. Im beginning not wanting for anyone to see me. I used to smoke and ive stopped allthat now . I know its a bit late but im still hoping my skin can improve some from doing this too, Imtrying to tdrink plenty of water and eat healthy. I just need so badly to get a proper skincare routine going for both morning and night. I just dont know what to try and what is effective

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you would use the Retin A just at night. Preferably starting out a couple nights a week and gradually working up to nightly. I would advise starting at the lowest strength also. If you ease into it this way you can aclimatize to the RA easier.
I use RA in cream form and I find I don't need additional moisturizer. You can though as long as you wait an hour after applying RA to give it time to work.

I'd also recommend a vit.C serum to use in a.m. for skin brightening and to help with collagen production.

I'm still looking for something to help with eye puffiness Confused Hopefully others will give some suggestions. So much of skincare is trial & error and finding what works for you.
Take care.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A is hot these years and has been proven effective on wrinkles.
You may try it.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
hi salster68

along w/ the RA and topical c, you should absolutely put out the $$ for a facial excercise/massage program. There is Flex Effect and Ageless if you Dare. Flex Effect is more expensive but it's SOOOOO comprehensive - it teaches you how to work the facial muscles along w/ bone building techniques and skin remodeling techniques- IMO it's worth it's weight in gold. Also, skin signals by Skin Biology has done remarkable things for my skin (brought it back to life after another line ruined it). Easy Eye Soltions is a great product for under eye prolems. Check EDS boards for more info. If you do nothing else, you should start massaging your face today!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Also, skin signals by Skin Biology has done remarkable things for my skin (brought it back to life after another line ruined it).

Butting in here, sorry, but please share what skin signals has done for your skin moongoddess!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Good Morning all

Sorry for not replying last night. I was soon off to bed. I am trying to sleepbetter also. I can sometimes struggle with sleeping so its been early nights for me lately plus im up at 5.30 as i start work at 7

I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I will look into thesep products later when im home this evening. Regarding |Retin A i guess i should visit my dr and get some from them then.

Thank you all once again

wishing you all a fantastic day xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 am      Reply with quote
sorry just a quick question

Facial exercises...... can they cause more wrinkles because of the facial movements you are making???

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
i guess you are right
salster68 wrote:

Facial exercises...... can they cause more wrinkles because of the facial movements you are making???

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:

I don't have much time on the computer, so suffice it to say that the flex effect program (and i think ageless if u dare) discusses this false belief. Naturally, you will always find people who believe it to be true. Research the question you ask, make an informed choice. In the end, maybe it's how desperate you are (it was for me). I'm glad i challenged the belief that you should handle your face lightly - it just made so much sense that i should be able to condition my face the way i condition my body...good luck
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
Also, skin signals by Skin Biology has done remarkable things for my skin (brought it back to life after another line ruined it).

Butting in here, sorry, but please share what skin signals has done for your skin moongoddess!

hi rileygirl

clarity/brighter tone
SMALLER PORES (yes!)
lessening/smoothing of wrinkles on my cheek

copper peptides work excellent on my skin, my only regret is that i gave them up for the revered 302 --- while this line works for many, it actually aged my skin (or atleast showed me what i look like w/out all the actives). initially i loved it, but then it took a downward turn. SuperCop2x and skin signals are the 2 i use...hth
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

hi rileygirl

clarity/brighter tone
SMALLER PORES (yes!)
lessening/smoothing of wrinkles on my cheek

copper peptides work excellent on my skin, my only regret is that i gave them up for the revered 302 --- while this line works for many, it actually aged my skin (or atleast showed me what i look like w/out all the actives). initially i loved it, but then it took a downward turn. SuperCop2x and skin signals are the 2 i use...hth

Moongoddess, thanks so much for that information. I thought I was the only one that 302 had that effect on, but my wrinkles actually got worse after being on 302 than before I started that stuff. I am sorry it happened to you, as well, but I am glad I am not alone any more!
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Shock
you too? and i for sure gave it a long enought time to work it's magic - almost 1 year ( Rolling Eyes fool)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Shock Shock
you too? and i for sure gave it a long enought time to work it's magic - almost 1 year ( Rolling Eyes fool)

I gave up after 6 months. I was so upset by the look of my lip lines and no results that I had had enough! Laughing
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Brierose

Imgoing to do a bit of reading up on facial exercises. I am despertely wanting to improve my skin as it really is losing elasticity all over making my face look a little saggy around my mouth and my eyes are terribly crepey underneath and puffy and like i say im getting so bad i dont want to look at myself let alone leave my house unless its to have to go to work Sad

thank you all again xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone tell me if they have any info on NUXE. a french lady who i work with has siad she has been using this for the last three years with good results. She purchases from bath and unwind.com. she has only been with us for about 4 months and so there fore it is hard for me to see any difference. just wondered if anyone has used these products or knows of them

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Salster68....if you are looking for a nutritional supplement that's beneficial for the skin do some research on "acai berry" a fruit from the Amazon. Apparently it's packed with omega 3-6-9 to make skin glow and also loaded with other vitamins and minerals that help to build collagen and restore some skin elasticity. It's a very good food supplement for the skin.

Rileygirl and Moongoddess....302 skincare also made my face worse rather than better. I also thought I was the only one to experience this. Apparently I'm not Surprised
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Rileygirl and Moongoddess....302 skincare also made my face worse rather than better. I also thought I was the only one to experience this. Apparently I'm not Surprised

I'm sorry you are a member of this club, too, leelee! At least we know we are not alone now!
jiafeimao9889
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
it is the new product of dior 2010
did anyone who ever tried it?
give me some advice?
thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi thanks leeleedeedee. I do need to take supplements too. I am really trying to eat healthy.... im doing well with eating more fruit and vef. Trying not to drink so much coffee (only one or two cups a day max. I do struggle with drinking water but im doing ok and im drinking about 4 = 5 cups of green tea too (yuk .... im not sure its tasting any better since the first one but ill keep going). I will look at the Acaci. I thinki need an overall vitamin supplement and then something to help my skin. its the skincare im really trying to get to grips with and sort out but im at a loss at what to go for .... im so desperate to at least prevent more wrinkles coming. I already feel my life is over. 42 sad and single and half the time not wanting to leave the house for how i look

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello Salster68....please don't despair. Life is never over (I got engaged at 53 yrs. old!!!) and skin can always be regenerated. Perhaps you should look into Karin Herzog skin care. This is what I use and I like this skin care line very much. I've been using it for almost two years now. I'll post a link below so you can have a look at the philosophy and products of KH. The best part is that her products are very reasonably priced. There was also a huge Karin Herzog thread here on EDS in the Reviews forum that you may want to search out. There was much information in there.

I'm sure in time your skin can and will improve. Be patient and keep optimistic. Good luck!!

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
hi salster68

along w/ the RA and topical c, you should absolutely put out the $$ for a facial excercise/massage program. There is Flex Effect and Ageless if you Dare. Flex Effect is more expensive but it's SOOOOO comprehensive - it teaches you how to work the facial muscles along w/ bone building techniques and skin remodeling techniques- IMO it's worth it's weight in gold. Also, skin signals by Skin Biology has done remarkable things for my skin (brought it back to life after another line ruined it). Easy Eye Soltions is a great product for under eye prolems. Check EDS boards for more info. If you do nothing else, you should start massaging your face today!

Hi-

I have been thinking of trying the skin signals. Do you think you are seeing any lifting? I did a search but did not find specific threads on this product. I think it is fairly new. Have you heard any feedback from people about how it compares to other CP's?

Thanks
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi md

I don't think i have lift from SS, though i 4 sure do from facial excercise, BUT the SS has definately smoothed out wrinkle giving the appearance of lift or helping the lift from exercising to be more obvious...hth

mg
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |