Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi Condition & Enhance System Experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kerbylynn

Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote

Date: 3/14/2010
I started the Obagi Condition & Enhance System yesterday after being recommended by my derm. I actually did the Vitalize peel about 10 days ago and then he put me on basic Aveeno moisturizer mixed with retin-a for a week before starting the Obagi Condition & Enhance System. I was actually suppose to start the Obagi system at 7 days after the Vitalize Peel however I was scared. I have to be honest with you all, I read a lot on it and am just so scared of the peeling and redness. I have a lot of weddings and events coming up and didn't want to deal with it as my face looked great a week after my Vitalize peel but decided to move forward as my goal is to have gorgeous skin for my wedding which is May 2011 (plenty of time) and to look good without make-up. My skin currently is fair with freckles. My skin feels soft with a few very small rough patches on the side of my nose and under eyes. I have fine lines and wrinkles around my eye. Deep smile lines & forehead lines - probably due to my sun worshiping in the past. Slight red scars on my chin from years of cystic acne that popped up in my early-mid 20's and still pop up occasionally around my period. I just turned 33. I am following the morning & evening routine to a tee:

AM:
foaming cleanser
toner
Clear
Exfoder
Sunscreen

PM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Blender + Tretinoin

So far so good with 2 full days under my belt. Skin feels soft. A little redness. The scarring on my chin seems a bit more defined as do my smile lines, my forehead and other areas around my eye. I have a small pimple on my chin. Everything can pretty much be covered with make-up so far.

I will keep this going and post pix! I would welcome any tips or advice as I go along.

Sweet dreams!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
kerbylynn welcome, If your wedding is in 2011 you will have plenty of time to do Obagi.With that said,yes you will probably get the fakes and red face,but it is worth it.Is your doctor wanting you to do it for the full 18 weeks? If so you will have days where you look good and days that you will look awful,everyone here say the same thing (you look worst before you look better).But with the peel it might have given you a jump start.I would ask your doctor about that.He will guide you and we are here to help if you need us.I personality have done this for18 weeks and on maintenance.I will be starting another round in April.I have been very pleased with the results.Good luck and let know.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Karrie,
Just wanted to echo Leggy's remarks above and welcome you to the forum!

You'll certainly find a lot of support and experience willingly shared by EDS members.

I've also done the full Obagi regime and am now on maintenance, so please keep us posted as to how you're coming along.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Kims & Leggy! Thanks for the words of encouragement. My doctor says the vitalize peel was to give me a head start so to speak so I guess that is good. I am on 3rd day now - 3rd day of morning routine and no peeling yet. A bit red, very defined smile lines and my under eyes are a bit bloated and red and puffy. Skin still very soft. No real breakouts yet.

What do you ladies think of me spot treating little pimples with Clearasil or something like that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Karrie,I'm not sure about the clearasil,I've not heard of anyone using it.RetinA is so much stronger than that I'm sure if you do have breakout and some do,I think the retina will take care of it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
kerbylynn wrote:
Hello Kims & Leggy! Thanks for the words of encouragement. My doctor says the vitalize peel was to give me a head start so to speak so I guess that is good. I am on 3rd day now - 3rd day of morning routine and no peeling yet. A bit red, very defined smile lines and my under eyes are a bit bloated and red and puffy. Skin still very soft. No real breakouts yet.

What do you ladies think of me spot treating little pimples with Clearasil or something like that?

Check with your MD first, kerbylynn. Some people need a little extra to help with breakouts, but you are way too early in the process to add anything to Obagi, in my opinion. You have a definite advantage having a peel before starting. Give yourself 1-2 weeks and you will be flaking. You probably don't have anything to flake at the moment since you just had your peel. Good luck!
kerbylynn

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
So its been a full week now and I have started to flake a bit in some areas - my chin, around my nose and forehead. I am also very blotchy and started to break out on my chin - black heads & small pimples as well as my nose - just blackheads. I also have random zits pop up on my forehead but are gone within a day. All can be covered up by makeup luckily if need be. My smile lines and lines around my eyes are still very defined now as well as the lines on my neck. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kerbylynn,
Well, sounds like you're starting in on the peeling stage! Some days are better than others. Also, it's very common that wrinkles/lines will look highly exaggerated for a while, but this is usually temporary and will improve. Thanks for the update!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Keep it up and Good luck... Very Happy
kerbylynn

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
OK so I havent written in a few weeks so here is a recap - I haven't gotten a BIG peel - just light flaking in certain areas like around my nose & mouth and at certain dry spots under my eyes and on my sun spots. My sun spots have gotten more red and defined. Also my smile lines are SO defined - I think I look like the joker - LOL. I have a definite red coloring in the face like a bad burn but its mostly centered around the middle of my face. My cheeks and forehead are really soft. My forehead though gets pretty shiny. My BIGGEST complaint is my break out on my chin. I got like 5 large welt like pimples. Kind of look cystic with no head. They hurt terribly and will not go away. They are located in the areas where I usually get my once a month break outs but instead of just in one spot, its in 5. I have tried to not touch them. And they cant be covered very well with make-up. Ugh! How long will this breaking out continue?? Oh also on my chin, very small blackheads everywhere - luckily though you cant really see those. Have also notices some on or around my nose.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kerbylynn...

I also just started the Obagi condition and enhace system . I am doing the same routine as you. My derm gave it to me after my microdermabrasion. I also haven't had any major peeling ( I'm just ending week 1 though and using the micro gel 0.04 % ) but I look like I went to the beach and only my face got sunburned! Laughing I must say I look quite ridiculous or highly embarrassed Embarassed ....but I'm hanging in there. I never had acne and usually never break out so I'm hoping ( fingers crossed) that I don't get many breakouts while my skin adjust and clears itself.

Keep us updated Very Happy
kerbylynn

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
So these zits on my chin suck and will not go away. I have had one for about 2 weeks now and it will not go away and there are a more forming - but they dont ever come to a head really unless I squeeze. I know this is bad but sometimes it just comes to the point where it needs to be released because it hurts so bad. When I do this, its more of (sorry to sound gross) puss and blood. In the past with my hormonal break outs it would disappear in a day or so but not these suckers. They stick around. I am being very good about following the routine. I am getting worried because my engagement photos are next month and I cannot have these train wreck on my face. Any advice?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely check with your derm, kerbylynn. Sometimes you need something else with the Obagi to help with those cysts.
juls0630
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I am new here. I just started Obagi last Thurs 15th and I am peeling like crazy already! I have some melasma and acne scars from pregnancy and my Dr told me this is the best product for controlling that. So here I am looking like a snake shedding its skin... wierd. I work from home so I don't have to go out in public except for baseball games and grocery shopping... thank God! I heard that Aquaphor helps with the dryness. Does anyone know anything about that. I put some around my mouth so that it doesn't hurt to talk or eat. Is that okay? It is nice to have people going through the same thing cuz you def need support through this process... not for the weak!

ps is it normal to be peeling all over my face already in the 4th day? Maybe the peeling part will go fast for me...

Julie
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Julie, the Aquaphor is perfect for around the mouth. It can really help with the cracks at the corners of the mouth that some people get from the products.

Everyone's skin is different and it is perfectly normal to be flaking already by day 4, especially if one hasn't used any of these kind of products before. Good luck!
juls0630
5% products discount

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - the aquaphor healed the cracks right away.. YAY! I have not used anything like this before and my skin has reacted fast. I am on day 5 and already lost a layer of skin just about all over my face. I dread washing my face because it HURTS! My Dr said to do the blender/tret every other night. So I am going to do that for a week and see what happens. What is in the Exoderm Forte or whatever? When I put that on I want to run around screaming! YIKES! I was one of those dumb people that went to bed with make up on every night.. stupid! So this is the first time using anything like this besides a microderm wash from MaryKay. It is quite embarassing going out in public right now.. I feel really ugly.. I have wrinkles, which I never had before (only 29) and makeup makes the peeling worse.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
juls0630 wrote:
Thanks - the aquaphor healed the cracks right away.. YAY! I have not used anything like this before and my skin has reacted fast. I am on day 5 and already lost a layer of skin just about all over my face. I dread washing my face because it HURTS! My Dr said to do the blender/tret every other night. So I am going to do that for a week and see what happens. What is in the Exoderm Forte or whatever? When I put that on I want to run around screaming! YIKES! I was one of those dumb people that went to bed with make up on every night.. stupid! So this is the first time using anything like this besides a microderm wash from MaryKay. It is quite embarassing going out in public right now.. I feel really ugly.. I have wrinkles, which I never had before (only 29) and makeup makes the peeling worse.

That explains why you are having such a quick reaction. These are strong products and if you haven't used anything like it before, your still is in for an adjustment!

The Exfoderm Forte is glycolic acid and the regular Exfoderm is phytic acid. They are helping exfoliate the skin, but yes, they will burn especially when you are dry and flaking badly.

The wrinkles will improve. You are seeing them because your skin is dry and makeup only accentuates them at this point. Listen to your derm and you'll be fine!
havana8

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
re-posting for taraNmilton

taraNmilton wrote:
Hello ladies:) So nice to find an Obagi forum. I have so many questions! Im 24 and just started using Obagi Condition&Enahnce, which Im pretty sure is the exact same thing as the Obagi Nu Derm. Ive hard horrible acne for years and just recently cleared it up with an oral acne medication. Well, I was left with red spot all over my face. Reminders of my acne. I want that milky complexion Ive dreamed of for as long as I can remember. So my doctor suggested Obagi, and well, here I am. I started the system on the 7th of this month. Ive read everywhere about the peeling and redness everyone experiences, but Ive had very minimal peeling, no redness. I was preparing myself for the peeling within the first few days, but still nothing. Will it eventually come? I use the Cleaner, Toner, Clear, Exfoderm forte and the Sunscreen in the morning and Cleaner, Toner, Clear, Blender mixed with the Trentinoin at night. From what I read I WANT to see peeling bc that mean its working. But like I said, Ive only experienced very minor peeling. Any suggestions? Thanks so much Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
re-posting for taraNmilton

taraNmilton wrote:
Hello ladies:) So nice to find an Obagi forum. I have so many questions! Im 24 and just started using Obagi Condition&Enahnce, which Im pretty sure is the exact same thing as the Obagi Nu Derm. Ive hard horrible acne for years and just recently cleared it up with an oral acne medication. Well, I was left with red spot all over my face. Reminders of my acne. I want that milky complexion Ive dreamed of for as long as I can remember. So my doctor suggested Obagi, and well, here I am. I started the system on the 7th of this month. Ive read everywhere about the peeling and redness everyone experiences, but Ive had very minimal peeling, no redness. I was preparing myself for the peeling within the first few days, but still nothing. Will it eventually come? I use the Cleaner, Toner, Clear, Exfoderm forte and the Sunscreen in the morning and Cleaner, Toner, Clear, Blender mixed with the Trentinoin at night. From what I read I WANT to see peeling bc that mean its working. But like I said, Ive only experienced very minor peeling. Any suggestions? Thanks so much Smile

Tara, you are still pretty early on and you will probably start with the flaking pretty soon. It can take a few weeks to "kick in" so to speak. But, just in case you don't ever have any flaking, this does not mean the products are not working. Not everyone gets the flaking. Some people can just breeze right through the 18 weeks. You do not have to have flaking for the products to work.

What % of Retin A are you on? Also, are you using the correct amounts of all the products (1 gram of Clear in the morning and evening, 1/2 gram of Exfoderm, and 1/2 gram of Blender mixed with 1 gram of Retin A in the evening)?
taraNmilton

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response Rileygirl:) And yes, Im obsessive with doing the Obagi exactly as Im suppose to. I want pretty skin so badly. Im using the .05 Trentinoin with the blender at night.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
taraNmilton wrote:
Thanks for the response Rileygirl:) And yes, Im obsessive with doing the Obagi exactly as Im suppose to. I want pretty skin so badly. Im using the .05 Trentinoin with the blender at night.

That is great, Tara. You are doing it all right then, just give it some time! Good luck!
kerbylynn

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello All, Wow how time flies. So I am almost done with week 7 and ladies, I have to tell you I am SO glad I have stuck this Obagi system thru. My fiance told me yesterday I look 2 years younger and my skin looks so much better! In his words, your eyes look more bright and smooth, your bags are gone, your forehead looks smoother, your pores are smaller and your skin looks so much more even! My friends have said the same thing. I went thru some awful break outs and skin peels on the chin and around the mouth. I still have a thin layer of bumps (like blackheads but not really) all over my chin but they are so fine you cant really see them and of course I still have red marks where those cystic bumps were on my chin but all can be covered by makeup. There are still some places that get red like on the tip of my cheek where a sun spot is and random areas of my face. My smile lines are still very defined but overall my face looks so much better. You can see a close-up pic (with make up on) on my facebook profile: facebook dot com/karrie.pettit. I still have a ways to go but they weren't kidding about sticking with it and seeing some results after 6 weeks...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
You look great, kerbylynn! Congrats and keep going! Very Happy
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
kerbylynn wrote:
Hello All, Wow how time flies. So I am almost done with week 7 and ladies, I have to tell you I am SO glad I have stuck this Obagi system thru. My fiance told me yesterday I look 2 years younger and my skin looks so much better! In his words, your eyes look more bright and smooth, your bags are gone, your forehead looks smoother, your pores are smaller and your skin looks so much more even! My friends have said the same thing. I went thru some awful break outs and skin peels on the chin and around the mouth. I still have a thin layer of bumps (like blackheads but not really) all over my chin but they are so fine you cant really see them and of course I still have red marks where those cystic bumps were on my chin but all can be covered by makeup. There are still some places that get red like on the tip of my cheek where a sun spot is and random areas of my face. My smile lines are still very defined but overall my face looks so much better. You can see a close-up pic (with make up on) on my facebook profile: facebook dot com/karrie.pettit. I still have a ways to go but they weren't kidding about sticking with it and seeing some results after 6 weeks...

You look great ! I'm almost done week 4 so I'm still looking a wreck Crying or Very sad Wrinkled eyes, dry skin, and chin peelies.......but I'm not quitting. I'm looking forward to week 6 and beyond...I see light at the end of this long and ugly tunnel Smile

Keep us updated! Your progress makes me want to keep at this Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Karrie,
You look just beautiful! Way to go! How long do you plan to continue before you go on maintenance?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |