Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
How can I grow my eyelashes??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have really long eyelashes about 6 months ago (I've always had long ones) and now they're about as sparse as my mom's and she is in her sixties.

Anyways, has anyone been successful in growing yours or making them thicker with anything natural like supplements, etc? Anything BESIDES using something like latisse, etc?

Thanks!!!!!! I don't look pretty or feminine without lashes.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Never Over The Hill lash serum with fantastic results as well as some other members. Smile
Here is the thread on EDS

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=34813

Here is a link to the product on their site

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/product.sc?productId=13

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi isomnia - I hope you will let us know what you try out and give us your evaluation.

Just to be fair, I've had many pm's stating this product did not work for lash growth but some avid users report the NOTH has worked for them. No guarantee but I would like you to have your lashes back so it might be worth a try. At the worst you'll be out $25

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes insomnia if you read the thread you will find that just like any COSMETIC product it does work for some and not others. Your other choice is one with prostaglandan analogues ie: DRUGS. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have decent success using castor oil, more for thicker then longer lashes. I cant say its drastically significant but its enough for me to notice.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I have decent success using castor oil, more for thicker then longer lashes. I cant say its drastically significant but its enough for me to notice.

Castor Oil does seem to work well for some people as well. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi isomnia - I hope you will let us know what you try out and give us your evaluation.

Just to be fair, I've had many pm's stating this product did not work for lash growth but some avid users report the NOTH has worked for them. No guarantee but I would like you to have your lashes back so it might be worth a try. At the worst you'll be out $25

I would say that if you have private communication from EDS members who have not experienced positive results from the NOTH product, you should strongly encourage them to post those results on the thread. Otherwise members are only reading the positive reviews. The purpose of the forum is to report honest results, both good and bad. So far I haven't seen any negative reviews; all I have seen is a few people saying they haven't used the product for very long and don't notice anything yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I would say that if you have private communication from EDS members who have not experienced positive results from the NOTH product, you should strongly encourage them to post those results on the thread. Otherwise members are only reading the positive reviews. The purpose of the forum is to report honest results, both good and bad. So far I haven't seen any negative reviews; all I have seen is a few people saying they haven't used the product for very long and don't notice anything yet.

Lacy - I agree. I have encouraged this and I wish they would come forward....Ultimately Everyone makes their own choice if they do or don't.
It seems the exuberance of *some* posters on NOTH serves to discourage the honestly of others who don't have good results.

Not a friendly thread if it's not a product that's working for you - if you get my drift.

I have not tried it, so I cannot comment personally but I feel to be fair the people who are hearing ONLY good things deserve to know the other side of the coin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Insomnia.....can i ask you what has made your eye lashes become so thin and sparse all of a sudden in the matter of only 6 months ?
Actually this is something that i have also experienced like2 years ago...my lashes were one of the most beutifult thing i had on my face or u can say one thing that everyone would notice on first sight...people would always comment i dint need any mascara since my lashes were very thick and long,,,was hard for me to wear glassess becuz it would continuouasy touch it like a wiper..hehehe...
For me,,,i developed rheumatoid arthritis almost 3 years ago for which i took strong medicines some of of which were known to cause hair looss...i experecned it in my lashesand my head hair both...so this is my sad sttory,,i would love to know if some one cansuggest something for us that really works..
Byy the way i have known for years that castor oil does makes ur lashes grow and beautful..
Best of luck sweety...
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

It seems the exuberance of *some* posters on NOTH serves to discourage the honestly of others who don't have good results.

Not a friendly thread if it's not a product that's working for you - if you get my drift.

I haven't seen any evidence of over-exuberance or any comments which might discourage less than honest feedback of the NOTH product. I actually see a reminder every now and then that "not everything works for everyone". I am aware of other threads at EDS where negative comments are not acceptable though. I find the NOTH thread to be very friendly, but that's just my opinion. I don't use the product either but I am following the comments and reviews. Like insomniaisagingmeearly, I would prefer to use a product that is free of prostaglandin analogues or drugs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Yes insomnia if you read the thread you will find that just like any COSMETIC product it does work for some and not others. Your other choice is one with prostaglandan analogues ie: DRUGS. Smile

I am quoting myself I know it (NOTH LASH SERUM) doesn't work for everyone, yet it's been great for some I landed on the lucky side with it. I would hope nobody fears reporting honestly, positive or negative. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I haven't seen any evidence of over-exuberance or any comments which might discourage less than honest feedback of the NOTH product. I actually see a reminder every now and then that "not everything works for everyone". I am aware of other threads at EDS where negative comments are not acceptable though. I find the NOTH thread to be very friendly, but that's just my opinion. I don't use the product either but I am following the comments and reviews. Like insomniaisagingmeearly, I would prefer to use a product that is free of prostaglandin analogues or drugs.

You asked. I told you what I know to be true.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the caster oil, I've never heard of that before. I randomly start to lose lots of lashes for about a week, don't know why, but I would definately try anything to stop it.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |