Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
HI Mars,
the GHK serums are the most mild of all the CPs and most apply them daily. You might want to start off every other day and work up (that is just me.. I tend to take a more conservative approach).

AHAs should not be used at the same time as 1st generation CPs (GHK). So apply at opposite ends of the day.

Good luck! Keep us posted,

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
ahhnamission wrote:
foxe wrote:
I have seen stoney's pics before (had forgotten) and she does look fantastic. Had NOT seen John's, and he does look very young with some good skin, too. He can definitely pass for someone 30 yrs old.

I wanted to thank everyone for contributing such great information to this thread. Because of it, I just ordered GHK and am so excited to begin using CP's. I feel like I'm being a Debbie Downer by admitting this but I'm having a really hard time believing that John is 51 years old, despite how much I want to believe that CP's cause major improvements in one's skin. Are those kinds of age reversal changes really possible after 8 years of use?

I think John has one of those younger looking faces (babyface??) to start with, but if he thinks he's improved a lot, I'm all with him. I've had considerable improvements when I first started w/ CPs, too. Perhaps, with the 8 years of use, it's been more of a "holding back the clock" kind of thing.

Also, when I first started using CPs, I was carded 3X during the first year of use. I was close to 50 when that happened and people were saying I looked to be in my 30's. I actually think I looked terrible in my late 30's/early 40's (kids, lack of sleep, and little quality skin-care will do that to ya!), so I did do a 'reversal' when I started w/ CPs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, erg. I actually am looking for a similar AHA (liquid - not cream), so if I find one, I'll let you know!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:58 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Riley,
I am not happy with the AHAs I am using. I tried the cream versions (both Alpha Hydrox Souffle and Walgreen Version) and just did not like. I really wanted a serum or toner so I could layer oils on top - not a heavy cream with scary ingredients.

I am currently using Multifruit BSC from lotioncrafters mixed with water. Its ok, not great. I am also using NCN pumpkin peel.

So.. if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled.

But... I am LOVING the DIY Amlactin lotion for my body.

There is this one, but it's not for daily use?

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=15109

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:20 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
...if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled...

erg,

I have been using this liquid for few months.

I like using it because I have an extreme sensitive skin (both Alpha Hydrox Souffle & Skin Biology's Lactic Power 10 both BURN me) and this liquid only stings me for few minutes but exfoliates my skin well.

http://www.ifeelprettyproducts.com/2b_4a.htm

Another one is a combo of 10% Lactic & 5% mandelic acid; however, I have not used it before.

http://www.skin-beautiful.com/mandelic-lactic.html
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys!

I've tried Skin Bio's Exfol serum and it's a definite serum texture - fairly liquid. But I've also used some of Diana Yvonne's BHAs and hers are alcohol based with lower pHs than Skin Bios (so stronger). I've used her 2% BHA and 5% one. Another I've tried is Paula Begoun's - I didn't care for that one as much.

DY's 5% BHA is considered a peel and instructions say to leave it on for a few minutes and work up to a 5-10 minute period. The 2% one can be used daily - but it's strong.

DY's BHAs have low pHs of 1.9
SB's pH of their acids is 3.2-3.4 making them more suitable for everyday use.

Since switching to SB's BHA, I do really like it. But, I want to try their cream version now, since they've said it can enhance the effect of the CP by putting the cream BHA or AHA on top. I've done that w/ a sample of the Lactic Power 10 and noticed a definite tingle (something I hadn't seen in a while)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
So.. if anyone has a suggestion for an AHA/BHA combo that is liquid I would be thrilled.

You might want to look at SB's serum version of LacSal - it's a combo AHA/BHA
1.5%BHA to 8% AHA I think

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
helenjean - I would start w/ the Copper Peptide Serum for starters. I don't know what type of skin you have, (dryer skin usually likes creams better), but the CP Serum is good to start with because it can be diluted easily.

The exfoliation you already use might be enough to start. If you want things to move a little faster, you can encorporate a stronger hydroxy acid.

I would add the CPs to your night time routine. At one point, I was using CP Serum along w/ Retin A and saw really good results. I would apply my Retin A first, let it rest for about 45 minutes and then apply the CP Serum. Alternately, you could try the serum first, let it absorb about 10 minutes and then apply the Retin A.

Go back to the beginning of this thread where I outline how to dilute the CP Serum for beginners. You'll especially need to do this if you have sensitive skin. CPs are strong and it usually takes most a little while to get use to them. I think I did this for about the first month or so before using CPs full strength. Then I did it again when moving up to a stronger CP.

I definitely saw firmness in my skin which helped lift up those N/Ls for me. The exercises will still be good to use, so don't stop those.

With your routine, try putting the CPs on, then use the AALS, then apply the Retin-A. See how things go from there! If you want to add some of those AHA products - try them about 20 minutes before the CPs. Using Retin A and the AHAs might be too much for your skin, though, so watch carefully for irritation. You could even alternate days of using AHA v Retin A.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hi Foxe,
May I ask what protocol you used to get rid of the neck rings? How long did it take to see a difference?

thanks!

If I recall, I only used the CP Serum. I noticed improvements at the 3 month mark for sure. I'm continuing to see improvement now, and I've been using them for years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks erg... Oh yes - finding the balance of products that you love is so gratifying after all the trial and error.

I've never used the SS cream. I am thinking of this and the GHK serum as my spring/summer combo.
I also use the skin nourishment from STO - nice stuff! and the marula from there also.

So glad it's all working for you. Sweet Success.

erg wrote:
Hi Sister, how are you?

From Skin Biology I do love the Skin Signals Cream. I just added the CP serum to target the neck rings and horizontal forehead lines. Felt like I needed something stronger there. Too soon to tell, but I am hopeful!

This is what else I am using and am happy with:

NCN Rhasoul Bar and CP Accelerator. I have to apply the CP Acel. on damp skin to get an even application, but I think it is working nicely with the CPs to firm up.

I like Shea Terra Night Nourishment and Skin Actives Be Kind Rewind Cream and Antiox Booster. The Be Kind Rewind gives my skin a good glow.

You know... as the CPs are beginning to work, I am finding that my routine can be MUCH less complicated.

So happy! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I would not use Retin a with the ghk copper. Acids and ghk do not play nice together.

I know this is what Skinbiology recommends. However, I have applied GHK, wait probably 30-60 minutes, and then applied my RA on top. I loved the results with this combo. My broken caps didn't look nearly as red the next morning.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi CP sisters,

Just checking in to let you know my CP progress.
I've been using skin biology folligen on my eyelashes now since the start of the new year..and want to report... I think it works great. I'm noticing my eyelashes look way more fringe-like. I have been using my lattise a few times a week as well..but was using it for many months before the cp's and they were about as good as they could get. Now the addition of folligen has made a difference. They're thicker. I ran out of Lattise a few weeks ago. I did order some careprost just to use a few times a week as an insurance policy.
Also..been using the two time tightener with my skin signals cream in the a.m. and skin signals serum in the p.m. and.. my face and neck look pretty tight.
As for my eyes..I've been using my sample of GHK on them..and also am trying out the squalene with high retinol as well. I notice them lifted too.
On my body..I'm applying super cop when on wet skin just out of the shower.. followed by my favorite moisturizer. I think I'll be able to report back soon on how the cp's are working on my body.
Overall, for me, it seems to have taken cp's a long time to go into full effect. But it has been worth it. Also..much trial and error in product selection. Thank goodness for the sample sizes.

Also. got to say..cp's don't really affect my skin texture like I want. Obaji seems to do a better job on that. So trying to figure how I'm going to incorporate Obaji into my routine to get all the total results I want.

what I didn't like: Protect and restore body lotion with so called unscented pheronomes..it was stinky.

Im going to try the peptides for nails just to see how it works.

Anyway..that is it for now...I'll report back.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
SS,
I've been using Folligen Cream. I bought a super fine paint brush at Joann's to apply it to my lash line.
It has taken two or more months..just like they say..but I can tell a difference now. with lattise..my right eyelashes were longer than my left eye. Now they feel the same and thicker. And without mascara on..they look black and fringe like. If you buy your cp's from skin biology ..I'd get the sample size of folligen cream. The four ounces is too big and most likely get old before I use it all. just a dab does the trick.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Taking the weekend off is a good idea. I was doing that for a while..and noticed it actually gave my face time to tighten up. I need to go back to that and see what happens. excellent suggestion.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
DM, I have noticed extra peach fuzz, especially above the upper lip. I am not positive that is from the CP's, as it could just be hormonal? I also have noticed, as mentioned previously, that my eyelashes have grown.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have a question for those using any and all CP's, I have mine that I ordered, but am just about to start (was out of commission for a few months and just managed basics).
Here goes, after catching up on this thread I noticed some are seeing added growth of lashes, anyone getting increased "peach fuzz" or those lovely chin or mustache hairs? Just concerned about ending up with a hairy face, which I don't have any major issues with now?
Thanks

DM ~ I have a little more peach fuzz on bottom sides of cheeks now but I had some there to begin with. Nothing terribly noticable. Hasn't caused any hair growth on upper lip though.

I don't think cp's will cause peach fuzz if you don't have any to begin with.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Woody and Oasis,

For me, I think I will only use Skin Biology products since they are the pioneers/experts.

Not sure about the salicylic in GHK. Maybe since that is a BHA it is fine? Not sure... but I know that it would not be in there if it negatively impacted the CPs.

As far as oils, I did not like olive oil - but that is just me. It really seems like some oils really work well for some, but not others. Before I fell in love with avocado oil, I tried jojoba, red red raspberry, olive, emu... did not like any of these. I would buy a small qty to test out to see what works best for you.

Hope that helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I would give it about a 20 minute wait after Lac Sal. I don't use TT but I can imagine that you would need to wait more than 5 minutes or so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I found this on Skinbiology. Thought people may be interested in this.

This is a number system from 1 to 10 that gives the relative amounts of copper peptides in products.

From Lowest Copper to Highest Copper as of May 14, 2011

Relative CP Strength

1. CP Night Eyes Premier

1. GHK Cream and GHK Serum

2. CP Night Eyes

2.5 Day Cover

3. Body Lotion

3. CP Serum

3. Suntan Lotion

3. Breast Cream

4. PR2 and PR3

5. Foot Cream

5.5 BioHeal

7. Skin Signals Lotion and Skin Signals Cream

8. Super CP Serum

11. Trireduction

14. Super Cop

28. Super Cop 2x

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5990018252/m/1231045416
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, foxe. I wonder then if it would really be a good thing to apply the tin peptides to the face/neck if it is for thickening hair? Meaning if we are prone to getting the peach fuzz from the CP's, would this cause even more of that?

I don't really think it adds more follicles, but it makes the ones you already have 'healthier' and 'thicker' so it may appear like you have more.

Personally, I haven't really noticed much increase in my peach fuzz. When I started taking closeup pictures of my lips for Kandis of L2K, I was horrified of the peach fuzz I had (and this was before CPs). I started shaving around that time and since I've been using CPs, I don't have to shave more often than I use to - which isn't much (once a month perhaps?) I think we just get more peach fuzz w/ age - with or without the help of products like CPs. While visiting my F-in-law at a nursing home, a women there was in serious need of a SHAVE (yowzza!!). She was in her 90's and most definitely had never seen a razor. Laughing

Quote:
I have just started on the SS serum and TTT, so I will hold off on anything else until I see how these do.

ETA: I had slight itching briefly after applying the SS serum, but I had no redness on my face like I had with the SS cream, so I am taking that as a good thing!

Good to hear on that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I suspect it is the amine form due to the more obvious "fishy" odor. I use this from time to time but I'm not sure if I'll continue due to the conflicting information.

Ok, thanks Sis. Yes, I do smell the fishy odor of the TTT. I shot of an email to Nanci just to see if she can confirm which DMAE she uses and which the TTT uses, so I'll let you all know if I hear anything.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
What kind of skin damage could result? I'm using the TTT on my neck and chest at the moment. Thanks!

A few things for you to read, Kims.

http://www.smartskincare.com/ingredients/dmae_safety.html

http://www.middle-ageless.com/2011/03/dmae-does-it-or-doesnt-it-improve-skin.html
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sister,
I researched DMAE in great detail when trying to decide if I should buy CP accelerator (With DMAE as an ingredient). All I found were studies. No neg. feedback from 'real' people.

I even emailed Hannah at Skin Actives who calls DMAE the "class reunion" serum to be used for special occasions only. I asked her why, she said she just did not understand the mechanism on how DMAE would not recommend it long term.

Did end up buying the CP acel., but there was something in there my skin just did not like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Sister,
I researched DMAE in great detail when trying to decide if I should buy CP accelerator (With DMAE as an ingredient). All I found were studies. No neg. feedback from 'real' people.

I even emailed Hannah at Skin Actives who calls DMAE the "class reunion" serum to be used for special occasions only. I asked her why, she said she just did not understand the mechanism on how DMAE would not recommend it long term.

Did end up buying the CP acel., but there was something in there my skin just did not like.

I can't find negative reports from real people, either, just studies. However, I think the issue is down the road with long term use of the product, not just an occasional use. At least that is my understanding. Like Hannah from Skin Actives said, they don't understand how it works, so it "could" be damaging in the long run. Of course, we could say this about any number of ingredients!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Bermie,
Tightening was my main goal too. I am really shocked at how well CPs have worked (using since Dec) The other day, I was in my car driving just touching my skin... and I realized I could no longer "pinch" any loose skin on my neck or cheeks. It was a wow moment.

BTW, I use SS cream and CP serum.

Now... has anyone had success with getting rid of neck or forehead lines??
Question Question Question

That is a WOW! moment Dancing

I have seen fewer lines on my neck BTW - those darn horizontal ones. I had taken some pics while those were disappearing. I needed that for proof for myself. And one of them definitely went away and another softened quite a bit. The 3rd is still there ::sigh::

Sat May 11, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |