Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sothys Noctuelle Night Cream with AHA & Vitamin C
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wanting to try this cream for years and I finally "bit the bullet" the other day and ordered it from EDS. The main reason I have wanted it is because I had run out of my Vitamin C serum and also didn't have a very hydrating moisturiser for night time so when I saw this product again, I went ahead and purchased it to satisfy both needs.

Description from EDS

Very light texture night cream for all skin types, oven the oily skin. Contains AHA and Vitamin C. In the morning skin is smoother, complexion is bright and uniform.

An AHA complex that provides hydration and mild microfoliation to the skin's top layers. A quickly absorbing cream that prevents and diminishes the first external signs of aging.

I love the look and feel of all Sothy's packaging as it feels luxurious and very expensive. The only downfall is the cream comes in a tub but it does have one of those little spatulas so I have been applying it to my face with that.

The smell of this cream is gorgeous. It has fruit extracts in it (I think apple, lemon, orange) and it is very light in texture when applying it.

You don't need to use much of it as it spreads quite easily on the skin, so I can see the jar lasting quite a while.

It does seem to sit on my skin a bit when I first apply it but in the morning, I am just left with gorgeous soft skin.

I have been using this cream in conjunction with Dermalogica Microfoliant and the results so far are amazing. My skin has never looked this fantastic and I think this night cream has certainly helped with the hydration levels and roughness to its texture.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has used this product or is currently using it. Also, let me know if you need any more details
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I was wondering do you usually have dry skin, and have you been using it both day and night to get the results? I have combo skin, but more on the very dry side and anything really oily causes breakouts. Its also sensitive, which is fun when trying new products. I've been looking for a hydrating night cream and your review sounds great!
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I got this from EDS,but i give it to my friend...opps..
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Are you seeing the bright and uniform complexion promised by this cream? How expensive is it?
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Found the link to the product!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sothys-noctuelle-night-cr-p_813.htm#reviews

$60 a jar.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi sorry its around $60 but you can also buy it in a pack with a day time moisturiser (anti-aging cream). I've still been using this but have found that my skin has become a bit dryer. I think I'll cut back on the Dermalogica microfoliant because I absolutely love this cream and don't want to stop using it.

I do notice that my skin is more even the next day and any blotchiness or redness has gone.

I'd say its worth the money I paid for it and will definitely repurchase.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response, Nelly4. I need a bit of clarification when you said it is a bit drying, is it caused by the Sothys Night Cream or by the Dermalogica? Are you only using the Sothys Night Cream now?
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure its the Dermalogica microfoliant that is drying my skin out. I was using this everyday as it is a "daily" microfoliant but I think it has stripped my skin a bit.

I also don't put any moisturizers under the Sothys Night Cream and it says on the leaflet that if dehydration is an issue, you might need to add the Hydroptimale serum or something similar for hydration.

My skin is normally combo and can be a bit dehydrated so I'm cutting back on the Dermalogica to just twice per week and see how that goes.

I'm also planning on changing my cleanser from Cetaphil to the Sothys Normalizing Beauty Milk to see if that makes a difference too - I have heard some great reviews about this cleanser. Although its not good for removing make-up, I don't wear much - just a tinted moisturiser so it should be OK for my cleansing routine.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at this product and glad that someone has reviewed it. It looks interesting since I use a separate AHA cream and a Vitamin C serum, whereas this cream seems to combine both. I'll have to check it out once my current stash of products is done. Keep us updated on how your skin reacts to it!
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought I would provide an update on this product - since I have cut my Dermalogica microfoliant back to twice a week only, my skin is not so dry and my pores seem smaller.

I have also purchased some of the Sothys cleanser and lotion for normal/combo skin and I'm hoping that this will make my skin even better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review. Would you happen to know what is the strength of the vitamin C?

I read in some fashion magazine that was interviewing a dermo and his philosophy was that it is better to layer on skin care products instead of buying all-in-one cream because the strength is not as strong and won't make as that much of a difference to your skin compared to using serums and layering them on.

I think the price of Sothy's jar is reasonable. I'm sure the jar would last three months.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare
I'm not sure what % the vitamin C is - I don't think it would be as strong as a 10% or 15% serum would be but so far, its making a difference in my skin so I guess I'll keep using it while its working for me. Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Nelly4
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Thank you for the review. Would you happen to know what is the strength of the vitamin C?

Ingredients for Sothys Noctuelle with AHA and Vitamin C

Water (Aqua), Glyceri, Isodecyl Citrate, Zea Mays (Corn) Germ Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrolyzed Soy Flower, Cyclomethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Citric Acid Tartaric Acid, PCA, Urea, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Polyacrylamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylong-12, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Parfum (Fragrance), Triethanolamine, PEG-30 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Trisodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Laureth-7, Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Cholesterol, MEthylchloroisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone, CI 15510 (Orange 4)

The AHA is at 8%, and based on the position on the ingredient list, it looks like the *MAP* is less that 1%...(Dusting to be able to include in the list. Confused )

Optimal concentration for MAP is 5%.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |