Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Burnout Sunscreen Review (physical sunscreen) -RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think I found that 1 study. Last I checked no one was using Aloe Vera alone for UV protection. Maybe a nice coat of zinc oxide on those mice would have changed things??? Ya think

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/lt_rpts/tr553.pdf
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Just learned that BurnOut had launched a new sunscreen.

Has anyone used it?

https://www.burnoutsun.com/index.php?l=product_detail%26p=14

BurnOut SPF 30 Sunscreen for Face & Body

Light weight, oil-free formula. Perfect for daily use, and under make up.
Goes on clean and clear, with no chalky whitening.
Matte finish, non-greasy, perfect for sensitive skin.
UVA/UVB broad-sptectrum protection
Chemical-free, paraben-free, petroleum-free, fragrance-free.
Camu camu berry (highest natural source of vitamin c)
Enriched with plankton extract, aloe vera, and antioxidant vitamins.

Size 2 fluid oz.

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide (non-nano) 18.6%.

Other Ingredients: Water; Cyclopentasiloxane; Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone; Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone; Cyclomethicone; Glyceryl Stearate; PEG 100 Stearate; Glycerin; Sorbitan Stearate; Dimethicone; Polyacrylamide; C13-14 Isoparaffin; Laureth-7; Phenoxyethanol; Caprylyl Glycol; Ethylhexylglycerin; Hexylene Glycol; Cetyl Alcohol; Lecithin; Aloe Vera; Camu Camu Berry; Imperata Cylindrica (Root) Extract; Plankton Extract; Glycerin; Caprylyl Glycol; Carbomer; Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer; Xanthan Gum; Disodium EDTA.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting! My thoughts in:

1. That's a lot of silicones. Silicones have their pros and cons, but it's the first time burnout made a sunscreen silicone heavy.

2. At $15 for 2 oz, that's significantly more expensive per ounce that the other burnout sunscreen choices.

3. They put it in a JAR??? I love the burnout tubes, I see them as one of Burnout's strengths. They're easy to squeeze, and when I can't squeeze any more product out I cut them open to get at the last bit of sunscreen.

WHY would you go from that to a jar? That's ridiculous. How about when you have to reapply in the middle of the day? Gross!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what type of zinc oxide they are using in the new sunscreen? I know is has been discussed that the reformulated sunscreens have Zinclear IM but I don't think the new sunscreen is using Zinclear IM since (as far as I know) all the varieties of Zinclear IM have Polyhydroxystearic Acid as one of the ingredients and I do not see Polyhydroxystearic Acid on the ingredient list for the new sunscreen. They do say non-nano and I would love to know more about the type of zinc they might be using.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I was educated that sun protection is a must day and night all year round. Thus, every topic regarding sunscreen can catch my attention. I saw Burnout to be mentioned here a few times, I believe I will give it a try. Before, that, I normally use skinceuticals sheer one and sports one and they work well to me. But, I always like to venture out for something new.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Night????
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Sunprotection is a must all year round. I was making a mistake for typing day and night. Sorry.
hibiscus27

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 am      Reply with quote
How is the new formation? Anyone?
nene
5% products discount

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the new formulation in a jar for about a month now. It is very similar in consistency etc to Burn Out for Kids which I loved before they changed it an it became greasy. I have combination skin and this goes on nicely and is not greasy or shiny.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Why does Burnout keep changing all their formulations? I bought Ocean Tested for years and then they sent me a tube that was downright unwearable. They exchanged it for the Eco-sensitive, and I recommended it to a friend based on its cosmetic elegance, and that, too, now is unwearable.
How is the new formulation? Which one should I buy? Please help!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
nene
5% products discount

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree- I thought I had found my Holy Grail Sunscreen in the Burnout for Kids and then they changed it. I was liking the new formulation in the jar but then I started breaking out, ARRG. Right now I am using Super Goop Mineral Sunscreen and I like it alot. I think it is SPF 47. I so wish Burnout would go back to their original formulas.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty content with the new version of Ocean Tested. It took some getting used to, but I'm happy with it now.

I just saw on the website that they took the new formulation- the silicone heavy one in a jar and put it in a tube. Good! I'll have to give it another try then. However it's still more expensive than the other versions.

avalange- I've reordered burnout just now but I'm currently using a tube from an order late December 2014... It was the same since the spring 2014 reformulation. I don't believe they've reformulated since then.

But with these sunscreens they do get worse with age. That's why I always order from Burnout directly, I figure it is freshest there. And then I store then in the fridge until I need it. (I order enough for around 3 months at a time)

By the way, I have had experience with the lip balms going bad. I'm not sure why... But I have to be careful about them, I have to make sure to only use one at a time.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I'm pretty content with the new version of Ocean Tested. It took some getting used to, but I'm happy with it now.

I just saw on the website that they took the new formulation- the silicone heavy one in a jar and put it in a tube. Good! I'll have to give it another try then. However it's still more expensive than the other versions.

avalange- I've reordered burnout just now but I'm currently using a tube from an order late December 2014... It was the same since the spring 2014 reformulation. I don't believe they've reformulated since then.

But with these sunscreens they do get worse with age. That's why I always order from Burnout directly, I figure it is freshest there. And then I store then in the fridge until I need it. (I order enough for around 3 months at a time)

By the way, I have had experience with the lip balms going bad. I'm not sure why... But I have to be careful about them, I have to make sure to only use one at a time.

Please let us know your thoughts on the new Burnout sunscreen for Face and Body! Thanks so much!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2015 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Devita sunscreen for body spf30 is my new favorite. It's so light, easy to spread without leaving white cast and non greasy. It's hard to find sunscreen that's so appealing.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2015 8:17 am      Reply with quote
The new Burnout for face/body is great! I'm just going to call it the "silicone burnout". It's super easy to apply- it goes on clear and very light. Must be the silicones! It feels very different from regular burnout...

Of course it is also more expensive that the regular burnout. But when you compare it to sunscreens that are marketed by cosmetic or skin care companies, it's definitely competitive. Overall I think it's a great addition to the line.

It's a little more expensive, but it's not outrageous. For me I'll definitely continue using ocean tested on my body but have the option of using the silicone burnout on my face. Perhaps not every day.

Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, Nimue! I've been wondering if it's worth trying so this is great.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Nimue! I've been wondering if it's worth trying so this is great.

Definitely worth trying! I think "face burnout" would be a better nickname. Have you had a chance to use it yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, it's me, over a decade later. Still using Burnout!

Formulation I use is Burnout face and body. I pretty much stuck to Burnout; theoretically it's possible there are other sunscreens available now [that weren't available 12 years ago, or have been reformulated, etc] that are as good or better.

But as far as I know- Burnout is (still) the best! Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |