Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Gua Sha to loose thighs fat & belly fat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have searched from a few discussion board in China and many people have reported that they have successfully loose thighs fat by gua sha.

The one who started the thread has tried everything in the past, but did not really see a result. She lost 8 cm by Gua Sha for 3 month. She recommends to do it daily for 10-15 mins.

I have started on Friday, based on the pictures that she has posted is to scrap 50 times on certain spots. To my big surprise, I got patches of red and purple petechiae on the sides and back of my thighs. I don't feel pain, but my whole legs were like burning after scrapping. I sleep unbelievable well in the last 3 days.

According to book, fat stored in our body is due to too 'cool' and poor circulation.

I will keep a record and see how it works in 3 months. I'm usually 50-51 cm, but seems they are getting bigger these days. Look so ugly when wearing pants. My ideal size should be 45cm!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
According to book, the red 'sha' will disappear in 2-3 days, and can't continue to scrap during the 'sha' days. And so, I have tried other part of my body on Saturday, which are my arms.

And again, I can't believe I got soooo much 'sha' on my upper arms, and some on my lower arms. Those on my upper arms look very scary, and I can't wear short sleeves this week.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Last night, I tried on my belly and waist. I focus on the area around my belly-button, the area that I had 2 times c-section. I got many purple 'sha' on my belly.

I also try to scrap my butt, which is quite difficult to do it yourself because the area is too fat and thick.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
The markings of Gua Sha do not indicate injury to the body. This appearance on Sha should not be confused with rupture of the capillaries, as in bruising. Rather, the appearance of the Sha marks on the skin indicates that there had been a stasis in blood in that location of the body. In fact, the color of the Sha marks may indicate the nature and severity of blood stasis within the body. For example, darker Sha indicates a more long-standing congestion of blood and energy.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Gua Sha, like most techniques in Traditional Chinese Medicine, has been used for decades to treat and prevent illness and discomfort. Unfortunately, like other techniques in Traditional Chinese Medicine such as Cupping, Gua Sha is widely misunderstood in the West. Both Gua Sha and Cupping result in markings resembling rash or bruising. These marks are often mistaken as a sign of physical abuse, as they are clearly visible, and appear to be painful. The marks from Gua Sha, however, are completely painless. Unlike bruising, Sha fades quickly and does not indicate that the Gua has caused bodily injury. If anything, Sha markings on the body should indicate that the individual was previously experiencing illness or discomfort, and is feeling much better.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
What type of gua sha do you use? Do you gua sha it upwards or downwards? Hmmm Im going to try it and let you know if it works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Really interesting, Critic, keep us posted.
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in this. What is gua sha and where can I find the technique?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this, Critic! I'd love to know what your long-term verdict is on gua sha. Keep us posted Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Instead of Gua Sha tools I use rollers my husband bought from Japan. I used them on my stomach, thighs, calfs, upper arms, rear end... every where. I use them twice a week when taking a shower and yes, my thighs and rear end are smaller. Smaller not firmer though.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ikemoto/hrora/

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Instead of Gua Sha tools I use rollers my husband bought from Japan. I used them on my stomach, thighs, calfs, upper arms, rear end... every where. I use them twice a week when taking a shower and yes, my thighs and rear end are smaller. Smaller not firmer though.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ikemoto/hrora/

Hey! I have the same roller! I rolled too hard and broke my first one. I like it a lot.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
What type of gua sha do you use? Do you gua sha it upwards or downwards? Hmmm Im going to try it and let you know if it works!

I am using a buffalo horn scrapper, together with some left-over body oil. I have ordered a jade scraper and a book with detail description for different body part, they should arrive today.

Table spoon or any body lotion are OK too.

I am scrapping from feet to thighs, upwards.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday was my 4th day, but the red/purple dots (sha) have not faded. The red ones have faded 50% but the purple ones are still there, so I just do very gentle scrapping.

I searched from other Chinese forum, some girls reported that they have to scrape 30 mins, until both legs are hot and red.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
misssalvina wrote:
I'm really interested in this. What is gua sha and where can I find the technique?

Hi, here is a link in English:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4478913_perform-gua-sha-healing.html
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
According to book, sha usually will fade in 2-3 days, but if your body is too cold (like myself), it might takes up to 7 days to fade.

The sha on my upper arms have faded quite a lot in one day.

We sit in the office for most of days, so I believe the blood stasis has stored for 20-30 years.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
This is the jade tool and gua sha oil that I bought yesterday:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3749255332

They are manufactured by the Gua Sha Master, Dr Zhang in China.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just want to check if I understand properly, can I use a spoon and any oil?? Just to get myself started. I've been searching and I see a lot about jade but also came across that any item that had a smooth surface (like a spoon) could do.
Any directions, or lines to follow in the upward movements on legs? What movements would be adequate for stomach area?
Very interesting post!
TIA, A.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
misssalvina wrote:

This link has basic instructions and pics of what they traditionally use as scrapers. I bet even an old credit card would work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
critic wrote:
misssalvina wrote:

This link has basic instructions and pics of what they traditionally use as scrapers. I bet even an old credit card would work.

No, I don't think old credit card is hard enough to do the job, will probably break in the middle. According to the gua sha book I got, it said have to scrap few cm deep, it is not just scrapping the surface.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link of Master Zhang teaches you how to scrap, she is 63, very slim and look at her face and neck! Thre is a close-up of her hands, they look like 20, so smooth.

Video will start after few mins:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lyXXImnSywU/
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
In the video, Master Zhang has mentioned not everyone is suitable to gua sha, including people have blood diseases, heart disease, malfunctioning in liver and kidney. Don't scrap during your period and when you're pregnant.

Gua Sha can only able to loose fat, but not muscle. Fat which is soft and sag can easily to loose by gua sha.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hi, just want to check if I understand properly, can I use a spoon and any oil?? Just to get myself started. I've been searching and I see a lot about jade but also came across that any item that had a smooth surface (like a spoon) could do.
Any directions, or lines to follow in the upward movements on legs? What movements would be adequate for stomach area?
Very interesting post!
TIA, A.

Hi, start with a smooth tablespoon and any oil or lotion will work.

Movements for stomach is downward, from chest to bellybutton direction. Video 32.57 teaches you how to scrap belly fat.

Please take a look at my other post, it is not suitable for everyone.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Never try gua sha if you have ruptured ligament or any problem with your ligament.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
bethany wrote:
critic wrote:
misssalvina wrote:

No, I don't think old credit card is hard enough to do the job, will probably break in the middle. According to the gua sha book I got, it said have to scrap few cm deep, it is not just scrapping the surface.

Oh boy...I may not be tough enough for this!

Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:20 am      Reply with quote
This is really interesting, I never knew I can do it myself with a spoon, I usually go to massage lady to do it. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |