Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What book are you reading?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
The summer is almost over and finally I think I have some time to read. I bought The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo and already saw the movie before I read the book. I'm still on the fist chapter, but I know it is a good story.

Anyone else reading a good book?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare,
Here's a few of my summer reads which have all been great books:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society -- set in post-World War II London and the Channel islands
*By Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Little Bee -- set in present day England and Nigeria
*By Chris Cleave

The Kitchen House -- set in the late 18th Century America
*By Kathleen Grissom

I personally love books with an historic edge and background. Happy Reading!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Right now, I'm reading Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb. It's vol. 2 of a two-book series. I've loved most of her books but these aren't quite as good. Her Farseer Triology and Liveship Traders series are much better and I highly recommend them.

Another series that I've been reading is Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica. Although technically children's books, you really have to have done a lot of reading to understand all the references in the books. But they're very fun reading, in my opinion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm reading Stephen Kings "Under The Dome". This book is 1100+ pages. This is when one of those E-readers would come in handy because when I lay down on the couch to read it feels like I have a 23 pound cat on my chest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I'm reading Stephen Kings "Under The Dome". This book is 1100+ pages. This is when one of those E-readers would come in handy because when I lay down on the couch to read it feels like I have a 23 pound cat on my chest.

Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Laughing Laughing

That post was in memory of Frodo, bless his heart and all 23 pounds of him along with his funnyness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Laughing Laughing

That post was in memory of Frodo, bless his heart and all 23 pounds of him along with his funnyness.

Laughing , Wink , and ahhhh

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reading;

"Your Skin Younger" by Alan Logan, ND, Mark Rubin, MD + Phillip Levy, MD. Here's the gist in a nutshell;

- The latest scientific research in:
Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs)
Probiotics and omega-3s
Nutrition and cooking techniques
Stress management
Natural dietary supplements
Topical antioxidants and anti-inflammatory
creams

(TO OBTAIN NATURALLY YOUNGER SKIN)

I've only quickly glimpsed through it, and can wholeheartedly recommend it to all of you, (honestly!)

"Heart & Soul" by Maeve Binchy

I adore her story telling, (and own) every one of her books, and pick up one to read when I'm in need of a *cozy* feeling... (If that makes sense to you, you'll love her too... Laughing Or perhaps it's just the "Irish" in me that relates.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
This summer in lieu of turning on the tv - I read some Baldacchi plus every book by Lee Child, Vince Flynn & Brad Thor - all excellent thriller series & have all three authors' upcoming releases on order from BAM. Also Stephen Hunter's "Point of Impact" - will probably read his remaining novels based on the same character...

5% products discount

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Just finished reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck and now I'm moving onto something a little less heavy!

Now I'm reading the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's been on the NYT Best Seller's list since forever and I can't wait to try it out.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo. I've started on the next one called, The Girl Who Played with Fire.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Loved The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo! I finished it in 48 hrs. then regretted that I read it so fast. The Glass Castle, I was amazed that it was a true story.
luca4
5% products discount

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've read all 3 books in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. Enjoyed them all, especially the last one.

Just read "Spooner" by Pete Dexter for my book club and really loved it.

Am now searching for a great book that I can review for my book club. Any suggestions?

Recently I've read "The Inheritance of Loss", "Let the Great World Spin", and "This is Where I Leave You". I really liked the last two, but don't want to review them.

Maybe I should get "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls (author of "The Glass Castle"). Maybe it will be as good as Castle. Has anyone read it yet??

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
We read The Glass Castle (a true story that reads like fiction). Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (really good). I have heard that this book is good but I have not read it The Well and the Mine.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
luca4 wrote:
I've read all 3 books in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. Enjoyed them all, especially the last one.

Just read "Spooner" by Pete Dexter for my book club and really loved it.

Am now searching for a great book that I can review for my book club. Any suggestions?

Recently I've read "The Inheritance of Loss", "Let the Great World Spin", and "This is Where I Leave You". I really liked the last two, but don't want to review them.

Maybe I should get "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls (author of "The Glass Castle"). Maybe it will be as good as Castle. Has anyone read it yet??

I read both of Jeannette Walls books. I liked both but would recommend "Half Broke Horses" over "Glass Castle". Jeannette Walls' grandmother was amazing...riding across the country ALONE at 15 for a teaching job, etc.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Autumn.......I will get "Half Broke Horses" the next time I'm at borders. If it's better than Glass Castle, it will be great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reading "The Genius in All of Us" by David Shenk. A very transformational book.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Now, if you could get an app w/ a purring sound in it, you'd be all set for those lovely memories of Frodo. If only the reader was soft and fluffy too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at a book sale this weekend based on the recommendations here.

Has anyone read The Help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just started reading "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest" about an hour ago. I don't think I can read this one quickly because I have a lot going on right now.
luca4
5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie, yes I read "The Help" some time ago and really, really liked it. It's been on the NY Times best seller list for over a year.

Another wonderful book I'd recommend is "Cutting For Stone" by Abraham Verghese

Also, "City of Thieves" by David Benioff

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
luca4 wrote:
Hi Skippie, yes I read "The Help" some time ago and really, really liked it. It's been on the NY Times best seller list for over a year.

Another wonderful book I'd recommend is "Cutting For Stone" by Abraham Verghese

Also, "City of Thieves" by David Benioff

Thanks, luca4, and also for the other recommendations.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I enjoy reading non-fiction semi biographical books quite a bit.

My current read, "The Sweet Life in Paris" by David Lebovitz.

I'm working my way through all the Anthony Bourdain books.

I recently finished, "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg (of the blog Orangette) and "Lunch in Paris" by Elizabeth Bard. Both were really enjoyable reads and also fast.

Notice a cooking them anyone? You'd think I liked to cook ..

I'm also reading a lot of non-fiction in the form of books on technical writing/editing, design, knitting, and computers.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornent's Nest.

Great story.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just read Grapes of Wrath! It is so much more amazing than when I read it in High School! It will always stay with me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |