Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
History Of Whoo - best for whitening/pigmentation/freckles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
shelly80

Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you JLM, i will use it and then will tell you hows it on my skin. Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
This thread has really caught my attention. I also tried obagi with no improvement except the harsh peeling and red face. Now I have sensitive and dermatitis prone skin.

With limited funds, what products do you think it is absolutely necessary to get to try out this line? Would the balancer, lotion, and cream be enough to see if my skin tolerates it or not?

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mtnview, I would rank the *Whitening Jineak Kit* as the 1st most important product for whitening. Again, despite its name, this is a single product, a standalone lotion/ serum type product that you're supposed to use for only 4 weeks, but I've been using for much longer than that.

IMO, I would rank the Balancer as 2nd most important, to give your skin a "base" & allow the succeeding products to penetrate more effectively. Perhaps the Essence as 3rd? Then the Lotion (4th), Cream (5th), and Cleanser (6th).

These are all the products I have tried-- however, I think that there's also a toner in the H of W Seol line as well? Also I read that they recently reformulated the Cream & it is not as effective at whitening as before.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks JLM. I have been reading a lot of blogs about this line of products. I have never used korean skin care before and am a little scared of the fragrance Confused Can't decide what to get first, hmm...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Hey mtnview, while H of W is definitely not fragrance-free, I find the smell not overpowering at all. I find that products from Lancome, Shiseido (which I actually like the smell of), and Estee Lauder (yuck) much more overpowering.

OK I just took a sniff of the Whitening Jinaek Kit. To me it smells like a sort of natural smelling baby powder?

Ugh, right now I have to take a break from H of Whoo. I overdid it with the retin-a and now it looks like I have dermatitis (again). Why do I always do this to myself, just when things are starting to look good? It kills me. Hopefully I'll be able to start back up again in a few days.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think Clarins has the worst scent, double yuck! I am all too familiar with dermatitis. Hope you recover soon. How are you incorporating your retinoid with the whole whoo line of products?

JLM wrote:
Hey mtnview, while H of W is definitely not fragrance-free, I find the smell not overpowering at all. I find that products from Lancome, Shiseido (which I actually like the smell of), and Estee Lauder (yuck) much more overpowering.

OK I just took a sniff of the Whitening Jinaek Kit. To me it smells like a sort of natural smelling baby powder?

Ugh, right now I have to take a break from H of Whoo. I overdid it with the retin-a and now it looks like I have dermatitis (again). Why do I always do this to myself, just when things are starting to look good? It kills me. Hopefully I'll be able to start back up again in a few days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey mtview,

I'm kind of haphazard of when I'll apply the retin-a-- I usually use it every other day and put it on 20 minutes after the last step of the H of W program, but I've also tried putting it on after the Balancer & waiting 20 minutes before I put on anything else, and I've also tried putting it on after the Lotion, sandwiching it between 20 minutes at both ends (after the Lotion, before the Cream). I haven't really noticed much of a difference of when I put it on, but I'm sure there's a better way to do it.

mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the kit samples from ebay. The reviews from various blogs are kind of confusing. Some said to apply all over face and some say to apply to spots only. Not sure which one to follow?

I may also get the intensive sample to put on the spots only and see what happens.

Yikes! I really should not be spending more money on skincare Embarassed

JLM wrote:
Hey mtview,

I'm kind of haphazard of when I'll apply the retin-a-- I usually use it every other day and put it on 20 minutes after the last step of the H of W program, but I've also tried putting it on after the Balancer & waiting 20 minutes before I put on anything else, and I've also tried putting it on after the Lotion, sandwiching it between 20 minutes at both ends (after the Lotion, before the Cream). I haven't really noticed much of a difference of when I put it on, but I'm sure there's a better way to do it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all! I've purchased the Jinaek Whitening Kit from Ebay. I'm going to try it on my chest where I have some serious sun damage and hyperpigmentation. I'm hoping it will help! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hey all! I've purchased the Jinaek Whitening Kit from Ebay. I'm going to try it on my chest where I have some serious sun damage and hyperpigmentation. I'm hoping it will help! Smile

Good luck to both of us. Now we just have to patiently wait for our package to arrive Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
kims wrote:

Good luck to both of us. Now we just have to patiently wait for our package to arrive Cool

Yes, so true! I've since ordered some items from EDS and Ebay as well. I've got several packages on the way! Can't wait!

5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone who has fair, sensitive skin tried this line & found the products non-irritable? Pls tell! I am still trying to find a copatible skin regimen.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
I just bought the kit samples from ebay. The reviews from various blogs are kind of confusing. Some said to apply all over face and some say to apply to spots only. Not sure which one to follow?

I may also get the intensive sample to put on the spots only and see what happens.

Yikes! I really should not be spending more money on skincare Embarassed

JLM wrote:
Hey mtview,

the INTENSIVE is for spots, the kit is for the whole face!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

So apply the kit all over, wait until it is absorbed then spot treat with intensive?

Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Received my "kit" this weekend. Will start using tonight and see how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

Good luck! Keep me posted! Mine got shipped out from Korea on 6/9 so it will be a while before I receive mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
calorblind wrote:

So apply the kit all over, wait until it is absorbed then spot treat with intensive?

Thanks Very Happy

yeap. hope in a blog did a flowchart of the whitening steps!
kikid70
5% products discount

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using the Whitning kit. I am only using that. Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the products that I can add to it? Also, I have melasma that is very stubborn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kikid70
5% products discount

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using the Whitning kit. I am only using that. Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the products that I can add to it? Also, I have melasma that is very stubborn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kikid70
5% products discount

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
shelly80

Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi JLM, I started using the history of whoo products. I love the peel off mask the most. I am not sure with the whitening effect ( have to wait for few more days to know i think) but skin looks healthy and dewy. Somehow I started liking these history of whoo products. It gives me a feeling of nice spa. Smile
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 am      Reply with quote
http://hope-inablog.com/history-of-whoo-2/history-of-whoo-seol-whitening-skincare-regimen/

kikid --> i think its best if you used chinese medicine based products to go together with your whoo products like Sulwhasoo, Sooryehan, Danahan, Whoo, Hannule,
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

I have been using my kits and intensive since Monday. So far so good...no allergic reaction. I do have a mild headache since I started using the products. Hope it is just a coincidence. I am sure the 100 deg heat is not helping with the headache.

Hope all is well with you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a huge batch just because I was suddenly crazy about ginseng in skincare. It also seems there's a lot of plant and herb extracts in the products. Unfortunately they broke me out Crying or Very sad Other then that, they smell heavenly (a few have an artificial fragrance which I not fond of though) and the containers are so pretty!
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a huge batch just because I was suddenly crazy about ginseng in skincare. It also seems there's a lot of plant and herb extracts in the products. Unfortunately they broke me out Crying or Very sad Other then that, they smell heavenly (a few have an artificial fragrance which I not fond of though) and the containers are so pretty!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |