Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Where to buy French sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phoeberyo

Mon May 16, 2011 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the US and I really want to buy some French sunscreen namely Avene sunscreen lotion spf50 for children and Ducray Melascreen emulsion spf50. Basically because they do not have avobenzone in them which will be deactivated by my foundation. Can anyone give me suggestions on where to buy them?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think Avene can be found in drugstores and can probably be bought online in the states
phoeberyo

Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes there are lots of websites carry some kinds of Avene sunscreen but the children version is not included because it contains tinosorb which has not been approved by FDA.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.pharmazon.gr/ is good.
phoeberyo

Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have checked the website you mentioned, they do have the Avene one, and the shipping cost is reasonable. thanks very much for the advice!
Does anybody know a website which has both of the two sunscreens?
I googled and there seems to be a Canadian website carries the Ducray one but not Avene, maybe I should buy them separately from these two websites?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
phoeberyo wrote:
I have checked the website you mentioned, they do have the Avene one, and the shipping cost is reasonable. thanks very much for the advice!
Does anybody know a website which has both of the two sunscreens?
I googled and there seems to be a Canadian website carries the Ducray one but not Avene, maybe I should buy them separately from these two websites?

i don't see why not as long as they are reliable
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Maybe at http://www.frenchcosmeticsforless.com/

I have not bought from them personally but people over on MUA have had good luck with them.
phoeberyo

Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 am      Reply with quote
They don't have the sunscreens I want but the price of the Bioederma non-rinse cleanser is pretty good. I think I will buy it from them any time soon.
Thanks for sharing Smile
phoeberyo

Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh my god
I found the Avene Children sunscreen lotion has avobenzone in it!
So the choice is only left with the Ducray one.
Any idea where to buy it in US?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
phoeberyo wrote:
Oh my god

What's wrong with avobenzone?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
phoeberyo wrote:
Oh my god

What's wrong with avobenzone?

There is nothing wrong with it. Some people just do not like to use synthetic sunscreen ingredients.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Avene is revamping their entire line to include avobenzone I think.

Trywww.tubotica.com orwww.beautyplatinium.com.

Tubotica has 20% off Ducray Melascreen and some discount for MUA members.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 12:37 am      Reply with quote
You can find them at major drugstore chains in Canada or try ebay. I have tried the Ducray skincare and its very good.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen Avene at some CVS stores. These are usually the larger CVSs with a good skin care section.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I have seen Avene at some CVS stores. These are usually the larger CVSs with a good skin care section.

He's looking for the children version which hasn't been approved for distribution in N. america yet
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Avene is at Walgreens & CVS.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Excuse my ignorance, but whats special about French sunscreen?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
Excuse my ignorance, but whats special about French sunscreen?

Good question!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
There's nothing special, but they do use some ingredients which are not approved for use in north america yet. this can be a good or bad thing depending on what your skin likes
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just a thought - but why not try a physical sunscreen like Josie Maran, or L'Occitane Immortelle?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
SkincareRX sells that brand.
they have very fast shipping too and if you see the same item on another site for less they give you an extra 15% off the lowest price.

I have never bought that line there as where i live it is sold in all the drugstore chains for many years.
the price for Avene is almost the same in Canada- well maybe 20% more because of taxes.

So maybe try there, they have other french brands too.
La Roche posay I think
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Ah, Ducray Melascreen spf 50 contains both of the Tinosorbs without avobenzone. This is what's special about French sunscreen! Smile

To OP, I purchased mine from a skinstore on Ebay.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to continue an old thread but I will stick with physical sunscreens.. "Cutting edge" is not necessarily better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
Sorry to continue an old thread but I will stick with physical sunscreens.. "Cutting edge" is not necessarily better.

yes physical sunscreens are the best.. you dont have to 20 minutes before you step out n u dont have to reapply every 2 hours unless of course u swim or are drenched in sweat!

I have found a cheap, good one..Neutrogena sensitive skin, spf 60, all physical sunscreen, only $16 or so.. it ll leave some white cast on tan skin tones but you can correct it by adding either pigments or better, lycopene...

what I dont understand is how can a sunblock with only 4.9% titanium dioxide and 4.7% ZnO be spf 60 but Neutrogena is not going to lie, I trust em..
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think whether a sunblock is good or not, it is count on the collocation and science of sunscreen component ratio.
And you need to use lots then sunblock can have effection!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |