Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Do you take a lot of supplements, how do you take them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been collecting so many supplements! Always reading about stuff and researching and then buying more. For a long time I couldn't even get myself to take them, at least not very often. Then I'd buy even more I thought I wanted with the intention of finally being consistent with taking all of them everyday. The problem is I have too many now like 26 I think. I can't stand swallowing pills! I always get nervous that they will get go down sideways and hurt my throat so I try to swallow and then stop at the last second and just swallow the water, it takes a few tries to get myself to. And going through that many is a time consuming pain! Especially when some say take 3x a day and some say take with meals, others say take between meals and some say take 30 minutes before a meal etc! I can't organize like that, it's time consuming enough as it is and I can't remember all that! 

So I haven't touched them  except for a couple just taken alone yet not consistently. I don't want to be taking this many yet I want to finish up what I have of the ones about to expire soon at least. And I want to know how to take them correctly and consistently that doesn't take a lot of time and planning etc. 

If you take a lot of supplements, how do you take them and how many do you take?
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
About two years ago I went to see a naturaopath to help fix my skin problem -- many people were convinced that I was eating crap and that my bad skin was due to toxins, but looking back, I've always been an healthy eater... anyway, I was desperate and just wanted to find the 'cure' -- and ended up having to buy 6 bottles of pills. Some of the pills required me to take more than one pill everyday. I was even told to take 5 pills a day just for the multivitamins alone! I tried taking the pills as suggested, however, I really felt like I was only consuming pills. My parents in a serious but joking and sarcastic tone said that I don't need food anymore and that I will live forever by taking all those pills. It was terrible and very time consuming and I ended up modifying the pill consumption recommendations. For example, instead of 5 pills for the multivitamins, I changed it to two, and for the fish oil pills (for the omega 3) I replaced it with chia seeds. Maybe if I followed the naturopath's instruction, my skin would be AMAZING, but it was scary looking at all the pills.
Jaz071

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever considered taking liquid vitamins? That's what I do because I don't like swallowing pills either. Maybe you could find a liquid that includes all or most of your vitamins, that would make it much easier to swallow... just a suggestion.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
If you make smoothies you could try throwing them in there, as long as the supplement doesn't have a potent taste. I don't take a lot of supplements but I do that sometimes.
Deheune
5% products discount

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm a champion pill popper. I'm tremendously NOT a morning person. Each time the doc added another pill to my list I just added it my handful. Swallowing them individually would mean giving up extra seconds of sleep. Between supplements and prescriptions, I'm currently at 11 pills in the morning. I toss them in at once and wash them down with a Slim Fast. I figure that's a balance between empty stomach and take with food.

I also set up a little pill organizer on Sundays. Taking the time in the morning to go open each bottle and take out the appropriate amount wouldn't happen. The organizer also tips off my not-yet coherent brain as to what day it is.

Probably not a good approach for you since you are uncomfortable with swallowing pills, but it works great for me.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am      Reply with quote
It would be cheaper and safer to take something like this
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Vitamins-Minerals/Health-40018-1/Multivitamins.htm

This website has lots of information. They gather medical research from all over the world and incorporate the results in their products. Their multivitamin Life Extension mix is constantly being reformulated based on the latest research. You can also get it in powder, capsule or tablet form, with or without copper, with extra niacin or not.

It's cheaper if you become a subscriber and you will get their magazine with lots of articles, as well as a big discount on products. They also have sales. I've taken their stuff for over twenty years. Some individual items I buy for less at vitacost.com or other places online but no one has a better multivitamin.
leamarie

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Not too many. In my case, I'm taking only two supplements now that really needs by my body. First one, is Centrum Multivitamins (for essential vitamins and minerals that i need to acquire everyday) and MX Calcium Complex (for support on my bone health and prevention against osteoporosis) Since I've diagnosed before on my poor bone health.. I take this 2 supplements, once a day only.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I have 2 weeks worth of little plastic bill bags and I add each supplement to the daily bag. Every 2 weeks I take the time to sort them and make up the packets.
Then every morning first thing I take that little baggie and swallow a few at a time with a sip of OJ or milk.I follow that up with my meal of flavored coffee!
I cannot swallow any with water, they won't go down but I can take handfulls with OJ!
If I have any take I take more than once a day, I take them at night with my dinner and milk.
If I am drinking my Total Alchemy (green shake), I mix it with OJ or Slimfast and drink it midmorning after my workout with a banana.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I take 6-7 different supplements every day. Some are permanent /CoQ10 and fish oil/, the rest are herbs or some vitamin-mineral complex, depending on the problem I'm resolving.
Why don't you try to alternate them? I think 26 are way too much.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |