Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Any comments valmont vs la mer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lavender

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Abt anti-age skincare for age 30 to 40, any comments abt Valmont and La Mer? Which is more effective? Some people said Valmont really can remove fine lines. Some people said La Mer really works. But some people said La Mer very oily like vasline. Which is true? Can anyone can tell? Anyone tried both lines? Which product you using feel really works? Thx!!
lavender

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Any comments girls? I read from forum that some people said La Mer Miracle Cream (Creme de la Mer) very greasy and cannot be absorbed. But some people do say very good for pre-mature and mature skin. Its really can remove winkles and smooth your skin. What do you think?

Abt Valmont, most people comment very easy absorbed and the anti-age effect is very good.

Anyone has tried both product? Because both products are very expensive, I need to think and read more comments before buy.

I've tried Valmont Renewing Pack bought from EDS. Really good and smooth my skin. But cannot last for whole day. I think need to use it as mask everynight like people says. But it really expensive, how can I apply it everynight right? So, I'm considering to buy a day/night cream that can be used everyday and having real effect. I never try La Mer, and I don't want to buy from ebay seller or some website not reliable due to many voices tell me that there are many fake products in the market (e.g.strawberry). So, I'd prefer buy in official website for the first time. Unfortunately, EDS didn't ship Valmont to USA anymore. I love EDS and trust them. If I finally consider buy Valmont, I need to find an authorized seller in USA. Oh my goodness.

Can any girls can help giving me some fruitful comments, pleasessssssssssssss!!!

Laughing Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink
lavender

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:42 am      Reply with quote
One more I need to say. I've tried many brands before.
Skinceutical Vit-C+E serum, B5
Cellex-C Vit-C serum, B5
Neostrata PHA Lotion
Valmont Renewing Pack
Kose Sekkisei Supreme Lotion
SKII Essence
HABA White Lady (In USA we called Fair Lady)
Retin-A
Glyderm Lite Lotion
etc.......

Some products claimed can whitening and anti-age. But finally I only would re-buy some only. Now, I'm turning to mature age, I want to buy a cream that can really help to prevent winkles and smooth skin and lightening skin tone. Luckily, I look like early 30, but I really need to do something to prevent it getting worse.

Really wanted your comments, please!!!!
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:06 am      Reply with quote
just my thought,i will go with la mer.i purchased both line,for la mer,my only re-buying is just cream.i take it with me when i travel,make sure i will be ok with all kind of weather,still have glowing skin after long hours fling.

but i would NOT buy valmont again,nothing bad about it,but for this price,i should be more amazed.
i bought Renewing Pack Masks,it is ok
Valmont contour cellular eye mouth cream Treatments,the upside is its 30ml jar.
Valmont Water Falls---a no no,$75's aque water
Valmont fresh fall Cleansers
Valmont Cyto Complex E Factor I Moisturizers
Valmont Regenetic cream
valmont dna surem.i like this one,and rebuy once.

i hope you can find the right one for you
ps:i am 30-40,dry skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I had a sample of a Valmont wrinkle serum- it does seem to work well, but for almost $200 it is too high in cost for me.
I like have no money right now Sad

I know spaboutique.ca is having a 50% off all Valmont sale...so if you like that line,maybe check out what they have left.
I think it is a line they are no longer going to sell.

I haven't bought anything there yet,but my Aunt buys GM Collin there often and no problems w her orders!
lavender

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls.
rain
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lavender,

There is an interesting article in the Daily Mail about the ingredients in Creme de la Mer. A scientist bought all the ingredients for about £10. It might have been revolutionary when it was first made by Dr Max Huber in the 70's but not now. It has not been clinically proven to reduce wrinkles.
Personally, I wouldn't spend so much money on a creme unless it had undergone clinical trials and appeared in a peer reviewed journal.

I use arcs oil, which is a mix of argan and cactus seed oil. It is much cheaper and my skin is visibly improved since I started using it. I am always looking for other good ingredients, I have tried quite a few oils but this is my favourite.
I also believe that what you eat also helps your skin. I eat a lot of olive oil and argan oil, I am sure this has also helped the elasticity.
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I was just thinking about asking for opinions on Valmont and La Mer! So this is the perfect thread!
I've been using La Mer (Creme De La Mer and Le Mer Gel) and I love the creme more than the gel. I have combination sky that can get oily on certain days and I don't find La Mer to be greasy at all. It absorbs really well into my skin. The only days were it felt 'greasy' are days that are really hot and humid (I live in Canada so it's not common to have these weather). Also, the only really greasy La Mer I've every touched were fake La Mer I bought online -- real La Mer is not greasy, it's just really rich (in my humble opinion).
Although I love La Mer, it is rather expensive so I've been toying with the idea of trying Valmont. I read on another forum about the Valmont Soothing creme being really good for acne prone skin. If anyone has used Valmont's soothing creme, what are your thoughts on it?
Also, for those Obagi users, do you recommend using La Mer or Valmont (or any other lines) while using Obagi?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say La Mer is oily. It's a nice moisturizer that will help solve fine lines caused by dehydration but it will not remove wrinkles.

I use La mer but I use it for its moisturizing abilities not as an anti-aging cream per se (although I think keeping the skin hydrated and glowing is a key part of looking younger).

For serious anti-aging I use good antioxidant serums everyday underneath my sunscreen. My favourties are C E Ferulic. Right now I'm trying out PSF Berry Beneficial (pomegranate, acai, green tea extract etc) and will look into Revale Coffee Berry serum.

I haven't used Valmont and I'm not familiar with the ingredients the line uses- though I've read good reviews on the line in general.
duke1966

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Blimey, this is an interesting thread for two reasons. My wife uses Creme de la Mer and I use Arcs oil as a shaving oil and moisturiser.Not sure if I have noticed any improvement in her wrinkles whereas the oil has sorted my skin problems and I can finally shave! You girls don't half waste your bees n honey! Think I'll advise her to use the Arcs and with the savings she can buy herself a nice pair of daisy roots!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Valmont soothing cream is a very decent moisturizer which feels divine on the skin. Very good for sensitive skin. That being said though, I do not think, it is worth the steep price Sad

It does not contain many antioxidants, it just a very nice calming moisturizer. Since starting Obagi, I do not feel I need to use a moisturizer at all as my skin is doing fine without it. So I am left with half of the jar in my fridge.

syndi222 wrote:
I was just thinking about asking for opinions on Valmont and La Mer! So this is the perfect thread!
I've been using La Mer (Creme De La Mer and Le Mer Gel) and I love the creme more than the gel. I have combination sky that can get oily on certain days and I don't find La Mer to be greasy at all. It absorbs really well into my skin. The only days were it felt 'greasy' are days that are really hot and humid (I live in Canada so it's not common to have these weather). Also, the only really greasy La Mer I've every touched were fake La Mer I bought online -- real La Mer is not greasy, it's just really rich (in my humble opinion).
Although I love La Mer, it is rather expensive so I've been toying with the idea of trying Valmont. I read on another forum about the Valmont Soothing creme being really good for acne prone skin. If anyone has used Valmont's soothing creme, what are your thoughts on it? Also, for those Obagi users, do you recommend using La Mer or Valmont (or any other lines) while using Obagi?
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks RussianSunshine! Really appreciate the feedback/comment!
I think I will give the Valmont Soothing creme a try once I finish my La Mer. The Valmont creme is still expensive, but it's still cheaper than the La Mer, but then again I a jar of La Mer usually lasts me 6-7 months. Do you know how long a jar of the Soothing creme would last? I know you've kept your jar in the fridge since using Obagi, so an estimation would be greatly appreciated Smile!
duke1966

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Surely someone has recreated something similar to Creme de la Mer using the same ingredients which costs a fraction of the price? What about the number 7 perfect and protect? isn't that also clinically proven to get rid of lines? Have any of you girls tried that?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 am      Reply with quote
duke1966 wrote:
Surely someone has recreated something similar to Creme de la Mer using the same ingredients which costs a fraction of the price? What about the number 7 perfect and protect? isn't that also clinically proven to get rid of lines? Have any of you girls tried that?

CDLM it isn't a necessity. I have found that its good for those with dry skin who are tying to restore a natural glow, but it will not do anything to stop wrinkles forming. It just doesn't contain the ingredients needed for anti-aging, like vit.c/ peptides/ retin-A etc.

CDLM is basically a mineral oil cream with algae extract. There hasn't been many replicas of it, which is a shame because it does make dry skin look healthy. However, creams that I found similar to La Mer are

-Nivea creme
-Astral
-Eve Lom TLC cream
- Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
duke1966 wrote:

I do myself. I buy German made Nivea (get it on ebay or a german deli) and add sea kelp bioferment. I also add a few essential oils like lime, chamomile and helichysum. It isn't exactly like CDLM, but I would say about90% as good. You can buy all the raw ingredients and make like 8 batchs for less than it costs for 1 ounce of CDLM. I don't sell it, but I make it for all my friends and they love it.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
syndi222, my estimation would be "it lasts a long time" Smile Sorry, I do not really know. It is a 50 ml jar.

syndi222 wrote:
Thanks RussianSunshine! Really appreciate the feedback/comment!
I think I will give the Valmont Soothing creme a try once I finish my La Mer. The Valmont creme is still expensive, but it's still cheaper than the La Mer, but then again I a jar of La Mer usually lasts me 6-7 months. Do you know how long a jar of the Soothing creme would last? I know you've kept your jar in the fridge since using Obagi, so an estimation would be greatly appreciated Smile!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
tanyasusie, why does it have to be made in Germany?

tanyasusie wrote:

I do myself. I buy German made Nivea (get it on ebay or a german deli) and add sea kelp bioferment. I also add a few essential oils like lime, chamomile and helichysum. It isn't exactly like CDLM, but I would say about90% as good. You can buy all the raw ingredients and make like 8 batchs for less than it costs for 1 ounce of CDLM. I don't sell it, but I make it for all my friends and they love it.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both Valmont and La Mer and I find that La Mer is the better product for myself. I have been using La Mer for about 5 years now and I abslutely love it and find it to be an outstanding product. There are all kinds of debates regarding La Mer and the ingredients and whether or not it turns back the clock, but all I can do is speak for myself. I find La Mer to be a superior moisturizer for dry skin. It is very rich and not everyone will need such a super rich moisturizer. But, for those of us who have dry/sensitive/mature skin it is a gift from the gods. It is very soothing and hydrating which benefits anyone with irritated, dry, parched skin. It can also be used all around the eye area which makes it a fantastic eye cream as well. I can go on and on about La Mer and how it has helped me. Try to get a sample before spending a lot of money on it. Although it is an expensive product a little goes a long way and a jar of CDLM will last quite a long time.

I have not had much success with Valmont products. First, the fragrance is quite strong which I dislike and I just have not used a Valmont product that worked well for me. That being said I do know there are many Valmont fans out there. Try to get samples of both product lines so you can judge for yourself.

Hope this helps you.
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
There are different ingredients. US Nivea has petrolatum (basically vaseline).

German Nivea Creme Ingredients:
Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit®), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

USA Nivea Creme Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Panthenol, Alcohol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Here is actually a break down if you want to read more.
http://www.skinacea.com/faq/general/g13-nivea-vs-la-mer.html
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add that if you make an order with EDS you can specifically ask for samples from the Valmont product line.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
tanyasusie, looks like German Nivea cream misses a lot of the most important ingredients that CDLM has. They only share emulsifiers, fragrance and a few moisturizing agents. Sad

tanyasusie wrote:

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit®), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Panthenol, Alcohol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
That is why I add sea kelp bioferment (the main ingredeint in CDLM) and the other essential oils. I also add antioxident serum-totally forgot that. Once I add all that I find it to be around 90% as good as La Mer. Not quite there, but close enough for me-especially at the cost savings. My friends that have used CDLM agree-not as good as the real thing, but close enough for the cost savings.

RussianSunshine wrote:
tanyasusie, looks like German Nivea cream misses a lot of the most important ingredients that CDLM has. They only share emulsifiers, fragrance and a few moisturizing agents. Sad

tanyasusie wrote:

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
duke1966 wrote:

I don't know if it is the exact ingredients,but I really like Mario Badescu Seaweed Night cream.
It absorbs really well and makes skin very soft.
You could use it for day also as it does not feel heavy once absorbed.
The second ingredient in seaweed extract-so hope that is a good sign?
The price is good too,but I had a sample before buying and really liked it.
There is no petroleum gel in it which I thought was good and doesn't seem to have fragrance listed...so pleased with that too!

http://mariobadescu.com/seaweed-night-cream
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
This cream does not contain much: one antioxidant, HA and a few water-binding ingredients. So it is just probably a good moisturizer.

I wish there were a serum containing seaweed extract + a bunch of other nice ingredients. Otherwise, I'd rather just use SKB.

Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I don't know if it is the exact ingredients,but I really like Mario Badescu Seaweed Night cream.
It absorbs really well and makes skin very soft.
You could use it for day also as it does not feel heavy once absorbed.
The second ingredient in seaweed extract-so hope that is a good sign?
The price is good too,but I had a sample before buying and really liked it.
There is no petroleum gel in it which I thought was good and doesn't seem to have fragrance listed...so pleased with that too!

http://mariobadescu.com/seaweed-night-cream
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
This cream does not contain much: one antioxidant, HA and a few water-binding ingredients. So it is just probably a good moisturizer.

I wish there were a serum containing seaweed extract + a bunch of other nice ingredients. Otherwise, I'd rather just use SKB.

What about this from SkinActives:

http://www.skinactives.com/Marine-Nutrient-Cream-with-Sea-Kelp-Bioferment.html

As you are probably aware, I'm not into high end luxury skincare. I don't think you get what you pay for, you're just buying into the concept of luxury goods. Creams such as CDLM and Valmont are still only cosmetics, they're not proven pharmaceuticals like Retin-A.

At least the SkinActives products contain good ingredients and are formulated by a bio-chemist who knows her stuff.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |