Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
L'Occitane Almond Delicious: My fav body cream & exfolia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:40 am      Reply with quote
My favorite body cream and body exfoliant is
Almond Delicious Paste from Loccitane, after using the exfoliant, my skin leaves smoother. I used every second body. The exfoliant is very gentle.

Then I will apply the Almond milk concentrate. It has very light texture and it absorbing fast into my skin. my skin (especially my legs) become more hydrated and smoother too !!!

great products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I got a jar of that a long time ago and took about 2 years to finish it as I don't really enjoy having my bathroom floor oiled Rolling Eyes Unless I enjoy the scent then I'm more tolerant eg. Giovanni's Cool Mint Lemonade Smile

I would have to say The BodyShop's Grapefruit Body Scrub (non-oily) for exfoliant and L'eau D'Issey Body Cream for the wonderfully warm perfume. For now, that is.

Laughing
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Is it smell like almond?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Yes it does. I put it in the same category as coconut and cocoa butter which I don't particularly like Rolling Eyes
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the L'Occitane, but is on my list to look at. Yummy Skin makes a really nice sugar scrub as well. If you're careful when you use it so you don't get it all over the bottom of the shower, it isn't too bad to use. The results are wonderful and if you don't spill it on the floor it won't make it greasy. When you rinse it off it rinses clean and leaves your skin feeling wonderful.

The customer service at Yummy Skin is also wonderful. The first time I ordered the jar arrived with a broken lid. I sent them an email. I received a response on a Sunday and was told that a new container would be sent out Monday morning. I had it by Tuesday. I'll definitely order from them again.

I've also tried the Giovanni Cool Mint Lemonade. I love it for my feet. I don't find it moisturizing enough for the rest of my skin, but my skin is really dry. I prefer sugar scrubs to salt scrubs.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Really a big fan of L'occitane. And the almond bust gel smells even better!!!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Got to love the smells of l'occitanes products. I use both the exfoliant and body wash right before going out. This combination coupled with Olay Moisturizing Body Lotion (which is applied after washing) makes the skin very soft and smooth.

I tend to base my skincare purchases on the formulation but sometimes it's hard to when a product smells so good. A few tempting brands come to mind that are loaded with delicious smells including l'occitane, Lush, and Palmers. I really should just stick to body fragrance Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
devidsmith

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 am      Reply with quote
hi,
i love smells of almond's product.
Thanks for sharing this great information.
Keep posting this .your discussion is really helpful to me.
williams_john

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello queenielau718,
Have you experienced that body cream?
i want to use but looking some extra?
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I've used a variety of body lotions, Garnier, Dove, Vaseline Intensive, Nivea, they are all nice but now I am looking for more anti ageing for the body!! I am going to try the CP body lotion as I love what CP's do. It's hard though when you are on a budget as most drugstore creams are fine for moisturising but alot of the more expensive ones probably have the better ingredients?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I've used a variety of body lotions, Garnier, Dove, Vaseline Intensive, Nivea, they are all nice but now I am looking for more anti ageing for the body!! I am going to try the CP body lotion as I love what CP's do. It's hard though when you are on a budget as most drugstore creams are fine for moisturising but alot of the more expensive ones probably have the better ingredients?

I don't know. I am not too crazy to shop at drugstores, but a french brand called Elancyl is sold there but it's not cheap! Very recently, I bought Olay plus firming and it works! It is a great moisturizer and I feel the tightness, but not in a constricting sticky feeling on the skin. I plan to use it for a month and make sure I apply some on as I go for my walks to help have less jiggle! Laughing

I really love Elancyl body care line.
MissMindy

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Which store carries Elancyl? I have never heard of it. I have oily skin yet for some reason store bought lotions tend to leave me dry.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
In Canada, it is sold at a drug store called Shoppers Drug Mart.

I think all cellulite serums & creams can dry you out. I alternate with a firming lotion.
Elancyl is my favorite, but for a lower end price, so far, I seem to like Olay Quench plus firming.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:31 am      Reply with quote
My favourite body scrub would be the St Ives Invigorating Scrub. I used it 2-3 times a week in the shower and it leaves me feeling invigorated, and my skin a lot softer. Especially if i'm exhausted or feeling down, a scrub always makes me feel perked up and a lot happier.

I tried the one from BodyShop and some other brands but i didnt like them, as the effect wasnt the same, and they lacked the scrubby effect that i like in St Ives.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Shadowvenuz wrote:
My favourite body scrub would be the St Ives Invigorating Scrub. I used it 2-3 times a week in the shower and it leaves me feeling invigorated, and my skin a lot softer. Especially if i'm exhausted or feeling down, a scrub always makes me feel perked up and a lot happier.

I tried the one from BodyShop and some other brands but i didnt like them, as the effect wasnt the same, and they lacked the scrubby effect that i like in St Ives.

Hi Shadow
Can you tell me what the scent is?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I absolutely love these products ! I've asked to get an Almond products gift box from L'Occitane for the past two Christmases... Smile The body exfoliant does make your shower oily after usage, but your skin smells amazing and is fully hydrated. I also used the Almond Milk Concentrate which has the same divine fragrance and is very hydrating without leaving your skin greasy. It also has anti-ageing properties ! I would use it all year long if it wasn't so expensive.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased Sisley cellulite lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to see if this can live up to it's claim!

I heard Elancyl will be discontinued here in Canada. Sad
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Loccitane really good, but I prefer to KIEHL 'S Creme de Corps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I purchased Sisley cellulite lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to see if this can live up to it's claim!

I heard Elancyl will be discontinued here in Canada. Sad

Oh! This is an old post. I've used it and loved it so much!
naturebella
5% products discount

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I`ve given up buying and wasting money on expensive store stuff. I have such soft skin and my results are from natural, chemical-free solutions.

The best exfoliators for me are a dry body brush, so dry brushing towards the heart as you brush all your body before showering, it improves circulation and lymph drainage which really makes your skin glow.

Then in the shower if I need extra exfoliation, either brown sugar mixed with glycerin or just into my soap, or sea salt if you have oily skin -that`s what the hubby uses.
Post shower I just slather coconut oil on my body, I mix it with lavender oil and sandalwood if I want to be scented and in the summer I add a few drops of omega-7 rich sea buckthorn oil which prevents age-spots. I get lots of compliments on my smooth, glowing body skin.

Plus I am avoiding cancer!!! I discovered many store creams have parabens, fragrance, phthalates and loads of other stuff, you can google it at cosmetics database, they list what ingredients are and how they affect our bodies. Best to go natural as you can to avoid cancer and other nasties!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
"Both the US FDA and American Cancer Society (ACS) independently point out that the study that found parabens in breast tumors does not conclude that parabens caused the tumors. The ACS states, “The study did not show that parabens caused or contributed to breast cancer development in these cases—it only showed that they were there. What this means is not yet clear.”

The FDA writes, “the study did not show that parabens cause cancer, or that they are harmful in any way, and the study did not look at possible paraben levels in normal tissue.”[3]
https://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com/skintelligencenter/lifestyle/282-mythfoliation-do-parabens-cause-cancer

5% products discount

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
The FDA may have a vested interest to say that. I would not trust that kind of study. I would choose an independent study conducted by a group of independently funded scientists, that have been studying this for decades. I would choose a study that has been peer-reviewed. There is a an excellent article in the Journal of Applied Toxicology.
`Measurement of paraben concentrations in human breast tissue at serial locations across the breast from axilla to sternum` written by PhDs
L. Barr, G. Metaxas, C. A. J. Harbach2, L. A. Savoy and P. D. Darbre.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
a quote from that `The concentrations of five esters of p-hydroxybenzoic acid (parabens) were measured using HPLC-MS/MS at four serial locations across the human breast from axilla to sternum using human breast tissue collected from 40 mastectomies for primary breast cancer in England between 2005 and 2008. One or more paraben esters were quantifiable in 158/160 (99%) of the tissue samples and in 96/160 (60%) all five esters were measured. Variation was notable with respect to individual paraben esters, location within one breast and similar locations in different breasts. .............In view of the disproportionate incidence of breast cancer in the upper outer quadrant, paraben concentrations were compared across the four regions of the breast: n-propylparaben was found at significantly higher levels in the axilla than mid (P = 0.004 Wilcoxon matched pairs) or medial (P = 0.021 Wilcoxon matched pairs) regions`

Hence why I use natural, organic, paraben-free bodycare.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
And I applaud your right to choose!

Im just pointing out the fallacy of that study.
Does the American Cancer Society have a vested interest, do you suppose?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am      Reply with quote
L'occitane body care is my favourite product.
Love the almond milk concentrate.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |