Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Intermittent Fasting for Health & Beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I wish intermittent fasting could get recognized as the cutting edge in terms of anti aging- it amplifies antioxidants from within through cellular autophagy.
http://paleohacks.com/questions/88139/intermittent-fasting-better-than-antioxidants#axzz1rrpKcHJA
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I wish intermittent fasting could get recognized as the cutting edge in terms of anti aging- it amplifies antioxidants from within through cellular autophagy.
http://paleohacks.com/questions/88139/intermittent-fasting-better-than-antioxidants#axzz1rrpKcHJA

I am doing this twice a week and it is actually quite easy to do. I would be interested in hearing if others do this as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
gretchen wrote:

I am doing this twice a week and it is actually quite easy to do. I would be interested in hearing if others do this as well.

My neighbors say I've had a facelift.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen,
Wow!! How long have you been doing the intermittent fasting?
I am about 3 weeks in of twice per week (24 hour fasts per time)
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
erg wrote:
gretchen wrote:

I agree with Gretchen, too. I've had *excellent* results from intermittent fasting across many areas, particularly in sleep quality, beauty of my skin, and cellulite reduction, and having more energy. I roughly follow Fast-5 (www.fast-5.com). And intermittent fasting is believed to work by upregulating antioxidant defense systems and autophagy, as well as protein salvaging pathways.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:44 am      Reply with quote
But wait, there's more Smile

less time and money too! I've only been trying it for two weeks now - easing into it. I love that I have less dishes to wash, less food to purchase and then trying to figure it how to get all my nutrients spread across the day. Now I just eat one main meal and a light snack later...

It is super easy except I am still having to deal with hunger pains, keep drinking tea and water and I splash a bit of soymilk into my coffee just to light it up slightly.

BFG
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Diet absolutely has a lot to do with skin turgor and overall "look". I follow Perricone's 3 day face lift diet once a month and find it gives a fantastic brightness and clarity and seems to add a little something akin to a good shag or facial (both of which are also good for skin).

Sure, you can take omega-3s, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories in supps but foods have ancillary nutrients that most supps do not. Id rather eat my nutrients than choke down pills anyway. *gag*

PERRICONE 3DAY FACELIFT DIET
Example Menu

Breakfast
3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon.
˝ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant)
2” wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries
8 – 12 oz. spring water

Lunch
4-6 oz. grilled salmon.
2 cups green salad (Romaine lettuce or other dark leafy greens with extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon)
1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries
8 – 12 oz. spring water

Snack
1 apple
2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt
Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds

Dinner
4-6 oz. grilled salmon
2 cups green salad
˝ cup steamed veggies. (Asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. No root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, or beets.)
Cantaloupe and berries
8 – 12 oz. spring water

Before Bedtime Snack
1 pear or apple
2 oz. slice chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt
Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds
http://blog.perriconemd.com/perricone-3-day-diet-get-a-face-lift-in-your-kitchen/
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:16 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:

Did they say this to your face? You have very rude neighbors. Surprised Shock

I'm currently reading The Warrior Diet. Very interesting.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to do this, but ugh, I just cannot tolerate hunger at all. I can't even skip dinner. I wonder if maybe some decaf green tea at night would help with the hunger pangs?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I thought it would be hard also. I drank alot of water when I felt hungry.

Maybe work up to it. Do your first fast for 8 hours. Then 12... and so on. Work you way up to 24.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Gretchen,
Wow!! How long have you been doing the intermittent fasting?
I am about 3 weeks in of twice per week (24 hour fasts per time)
TIA

Almost a year- a lifechanger really, would never go back to little portioned out "Zone" meals.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen, how are you going the IF? Are you doing 24 hour fasts or something like Fast 5? And do you have any tips on dealing with hunger?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
How often do you fast Gretchen? And what are you doing during the fast? (Just water, do you add broth or anything else).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you cm5597 for the link to Fast-5! I've downloaded the e-book and this looks like something I can manage without too much difficulty. I've never heard of it - though I've read about the warrior diet. While I haven't started it yet (just read the book), I think my eating "window" probably will be between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Cheers, Bess
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen, please, do tell!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
How often do you fast Gretchen? And what are you doing during the fast? (Just water, do you add broth or anything else).

Almost every day about 19 hours, depending on how much I've eaten the day before. If I've eaten quite a bit it's easy. If I eat less I can get hungry as early as noon but it just really depends. I fast some every day and no longer eat any kind of mini meals during the day or "on the go snacks". I'm either eating in my window or not at all.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Gretchen, would you please post the approximate times that you eat? I know you don't snack nor do you have an eating schedule, but I want to have an idea of what you do. This whole thing sounds fascinating!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 am      Reply with quote
gretchen, do you know how much calories you consume during your window? And when does your window start?

gretchen wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Almost every day about 19 hours, depending on how much I've eaten the day before. If I've eaten quite a bit it's easy. If I eat less I can get hungry as early as noon but it just really depends. I fast some every day and no longer eat any kind of mini meals during the day or "on the go snacks". I'm either eating in my window or not at all.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
gretchen, do you know how much calories you consume during your window? And when does your window start?

gretchen wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Varies- I eat higher calories for several days then 500-1,000 for several days- I'm very small and don't need a lot of calories but have lost muscle over the years & am trying to gain 5-8 lbs of lean tissue- it's an uphill battle it seems as a hardgainer (I weigh about 90 lbs currently) so I have let myself eat as many as 3,000 calories Shock on my high cal days but thanks to the low calorie no carb days am still wearing a size 0.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

gretchen wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Varies- I eat higher calories for several days then 500-1,000 for several days- I'm very small and don't need a lot of calories but have lost muscle over the years & am trying to gain 5-8 lbs of lean tissue- it's an uphill battle it seems as a hardgainer (I weigh about 90 lbs currently) so I have let myself eat as many as 3,000 calories Shock on my high cal days but thanks to the low calorie no carb days am still wearing a size 0.

If you are 90lbs and a size 0...how tall are you?
I know a lady who is around 4"8 and 90lbs...she is quite tiny.

I don't think I can fast for 24 hours, but often- not on purpose I might not eat for 12 hours a couple times a week.
I am either very hungry and almost not hungry.

For myself I'm 5"5 and 127lbs- but I am big bones (not tiny wrists compared to my mother,and not small ankles etc..)
I think that is a size 6 or 8 depending on clothing.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
gretchen wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

gretchen wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

If you are 90lbs and a size 0...how tall are you?
I know a lady who is around 4"8 and 90lbs...she is quite tiny.

I don't think I can fast for 24 hours, but often- not on purpose I might not eat for 12 hours a couple times a week.
I am either very hungry and almost not hungry.

For myself I'm 5"5 and 127lbs- but I am big bones (not tiny wrists compared to my mother,and not small ankles etc..)
I think that is a size 6 or 8 depending on clothing.

I am 5-2 1/2 and prior to kids I weighed 93 lbs. dripping wet, all was muscle, gymnastics, ballet and a lot of sports and as we know muscle weighs more than fat.
I was tiny and I mean tiny! I ate a lot more than I do now by far!

Also clothing manufacturers have made sizes larger compared to years ago, it makes people feel better about buying! Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Ok I totally agree with this BUT how do you guys sleep properly if you have not eaten anything for sometime before hand?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:
Ok I totally agree with this BUT how do you guys sleep properly if you have not eaten anything for sometime before hand?

I actually listen to my body and eat only when hungry, I don't fast.

I am and have always been a slow eater, so my brain knows I am full before I eat too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Moon wrote:

For me a couple times a week I'm too tired to eat and end up falling asleep only to get up at night and eat dinner.
Not really a good thing to do.

-like today fell asleep at 7pm, woke up now at 11:40 and going to eat something now.

I don't have a "eating schedule", even growing up I just ate when I was hungry.
So that bad habit is most likely from my parents not being strict about anything at all!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Bessie wrote:
Thank you cm5597 for the link to Fast-5! I've downloaded the e-book and this looks like something I can manage without too much difficulty. I've never heard of it - though I've read about the warrior diet. While I haven't started it yet (just read the book), I think my eating "window" probably will be between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Cheers, Bess

Hey Bessie,

Glad it was helpful! FWIW, I currently have a 6-hour window, rather than a 5-hour window, and I do it about 80-90% of the time (skipping days when there are social events or am traveling). I hope it goes great for you Smile

Sun May 19, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |