Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Time for another Mascara Poll!~
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
(1) What is your favorite brand/type of mascara that you are using *right now*? and why do you like it?

(2) What is your favorite mascara brand/type - but now discontinued?(I am just curious) and why you liked it?

(3) Your favorite mascara tips to enhance the effect?

(4) Your favorite mascara remover?

(5) Any new mascaras you are dying to try?

Thanks, BFG
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
(1) My favorite: Blinc Kiss Me mascara (a "tubing" mascara).

(2) Don't have a discontinued favorite, as I could never wear mascara before Blinc.

(3) Apply quickly, starting at the root, and don't apply a second coat.

(4) Don't need a remover - warm water does it.

(5) If I find a cheaper, locally available tube mascara, I'll try it.

I have always had the smudging racoon-effect from traditional mascaras, within an hour of application. Blinc is the first one that does not smudge. At all. Ever. (Can you tell I love it?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
every opinion is going to be different. In my opinion Blinc kiss me was my least fav.

My fav was lancome extencile but now it's disco Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I posted it hoping to see the various answers, even if different Smile

BFG
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I think you need to add a #6: Mascara you absolutely hate. For me, that would have to be L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes. It was so clumpy and did not give me the length I desire.

My favorite right now is Rimmel London Lash Accelerator. It is advertised to help your lashes grow, but I don't know about that. I was using Rapidlash at the time I started to use this, and I believe the Rapidlash is what was making my lashes grow because they were already starting to get longer before I started with this mascara.

The reason I love this Rimmel mascara is that it really give me great length and just the right amount of volume without looking clumpy. I hate clumpy lashes.

My best tip would be to use a heated eyelash curler. Makes a big difference in holding in the curl. If you don't have one, set your hair dryer on medium heat and direct it onto your regular eyelash curler for just a few seconds. Make sure to test the curler on the inside of your wrist to make certain it's not too hot (you won't have to do that every time, just until you know how many seconds to use the blow dryer). So many women don't use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and it really makes a difference on making your lashes look longer and your eyes more awake. I hated using them in the past because I could never get the curl I wanted...until I learned about the heated eyelash curler. Love it! ♥

Unlike terresa, I like to apply a second coat. I apply a very light coat for the first one, making sure to get down to the root first and then wiggle the brush up to the tips. I make sure my lashes are very separated afterwards with a clean brush/comb. I let that set for a minute so that when I apply the second coat, the lashes stay where they were with the first coat.

For mor fullness and a little extra length, add an eyelash primer first before the first coat. I don't really use that any more unless I'm dressing up for a special event.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
(1) What is your favorite brand/type of mascara that you are using *right now*? and why do you like it?
Maybelline Full 'N Soft. Because it gives me length, volume, seperates nicely and looks more natural than other types I've tried. I just wish I could find it in black/brown...we only have black in my area.

(2) What is your favorite mascara brand/type - but now discontinued?(I am just curious) and why you liked it?
None thus far.

I like to apply one coat all over, then apply a second coat to the outer half...gives me flirty lashes Laughing

I don't use it

None that I can think of off the top of my head

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
theanginator

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
(1) I'm currently using Wet n' Wild Mega Length Mascara and I like it a lot better than some of the higher end brands. I like this because it doesn't get clumpy, doesn't flake off onto my cheek or under eye area, and is super inexpensive.

(2) N/A

(3) Effect enhancements include holding the wand perpendicular to the lashes (versus horizontal) and using the tip to stroke upward and out. You can get more length this way. Also, sometimes I coat the upper part of the lash by laying the wand on top of the lash and stroking downwards.

(4) N/A

(5) N/A
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lancôme Oscillating Primer
Lancôme Definicils Precious Cells, followed by Lancôme Doll Lash and sometimes a third layer of Lancôme Hypnose. I know - it is almost embarrassing...it looks nice, not clumpy, I swear!

None

Layer different mascara. I kept looking for one to do it all and was never happy. I use the first one to give the length, the second layer to thicken and add volume and if I want to really add oomph, I do a third layer. I don't do multiple coats of each mascara, just one coat of each. Works great.

Lancôme Bifacil - no pulling necessary. Mascara comes off really easily.

Think Ive got my routine down for now!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Tarte's Light, Camera, Action but don't like how it smears after a day's wear. Just last night I ordered Prescriptives False Lashes, only available online now.
smoothandfresh

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm new and this is my first post!

1) What is your favorite brand/type of mascara that you are using *right now*? and why do you like it? Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes because it both lengthens and volumizes, doesn't clump on me, right size brush for my eyes

(2) What is your favorite mascara brand/type - but now discontinued?(I am just curious) and why you liked it? It does still exist but only online and so maybe not a true answer but love the False Lashes by Prescriptives. Hate to pay shipping since that is the only thing I would order.

(3) Your favorite mascara tips to enhance the effect? I use the wiggle technique while applying.

(4) Your favorite mascara remover? Son't use one. Purity takes it off in one step.

(5) Any new mascaras you are dying to try? Revlon 3D and will pick it up during the next sale. Also want to try Benefit's newer one, They're Real.
Pinkie
5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Maybelline Full and Soft!
One coat gives full natural looking lashes and a couple coats gives full striking lashes.
It's cheap and readily available at local stores, such as Wal-Mart

None

Apply one coat and allow to completely dry prior to applying a second coat.

Purity Cleanser and water

No, not really
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
1) What is your favorite brand/type of mascara that you are using *right now*? and why do you like it?
If money were no object, It'd be DiorShow: it lengthens, volumizes, and even seems to boost curl... but there's not much in a tube and it seems to dry out quickly/the consistency changes before it runs out. However, I find I can get virtually the same effect by using a coat or two of Maybelline stiletto lash & following up with CG lash blast (in the orange tube). The maybelline is a thinner formula with a spiky long bristled nylon brush so it coats lashes well all the way to the tip for a lengthening effect, while the CG is a thicker formula on a silicone brush with short bristles that is good for clump-free volumizing (I've gone to 7 coats with no problems!) I can buy a tube of each for less than one of the Dior, and it lasts at least 5x as long!

N/A

(3) Your favorite mascara tips to enhance the effect? wiggling at the base of lashes. also, I run my fingertip ever so lightly against the tips of my lashes or blink such that lashes brush against my finger (ie NOT in a side-to-side motion) before the mascara dries to remove excess from lash tips--keeps things looking more natural/less "stumpy".

I usually remove all makeup with a creamy or emulsifying-oil type cleanser. At one time I used Boscia makeup breakup which was great, but I now go the DIY-route.

Not really... awhile back a sample of Lancome (hypnose maybe?) had me jonesing for a full size but I'm happy enough with the cost-to-benefit ratio of what I've got going that I haven't gone for it just yet.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
1) My favorite right now is Lancome Defincils High Definition mascara. I have noticed that my lashes seem softer and healthier with less fall out since switching to Lancome. Really though, this is my favorite my default because I am in a mascara slump right now. I used to like DiorShow Black-out but it started clumping horribly after only about a week - yuck! Then I tried Two face lash injection, but the tube dries out so quickly it certainly isn't worth the $$$. I have been considering going back to Estee Lauder More than Mascara - I used to use that for years and really liked it - hmmm not even sure why I stopped using it.

(2) I don't have a discontinued favorite

(3) Apply quickly, starting at the base, wiggle the wand to evenly distribute mascara, re-apply a second coat while the first coat is still moist.

(4) Almay Hypo-allergenic moisturizing eye make-up remover pads

(5) Nothing so far but I will keep an eye out for popular favorites mentioned here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I know next to nothing about mascara and rarely wear it. But someone I know who REALLY knows her stuff (both high end & dirt cheap) heartily recommended - get this - Jordana Extreme mascara!

Since Jordana has some great products, well pigmented eyeshadows & blushes, decent lip pencils etc, and is obviously so SUPER cheap (a dollar store line!) I think it'd be worth a try.
*Rated high on MUA too, I see!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
WinterChea
5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maybelline Full N Soft, thickens the lashes in a natural way

None

Wiggle or vibrate the brush while applying the mascara

Oil, I just use my jojoba oil to remove my eye makeup

Too Faced Lash Injection and Blinc Kiss me
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |