Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Dr. J

First I was supplying Lotusester with the FDA regulations.

Second can we just skip the chem. class I have no desire to work out your formula posted above, I asked a simple question period!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DrJ wrote:

OK, so lets say you add CAS #: 137-66-6, Ascorbyl Palmitate, to a lotion. Now tell me what you just added.

A (mostly) oil soluble food additive!

Come now doc... Why not stick to things that are good for the 'skin'?

It is good for skin.

Ascorbyl palmitate is frequently used in topical preparations because it is more stable than some aqueous (water-soluble) forms of vitamin C.

It also penetrates better. That's why you see a lot of palmitates in cosmetics.

And many DIYers use it:

http://www.diycosmetics.com/products/Vitamin-C-Ascorbyl-Palmitate.html
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Dr. J

First I was supplying Lotusester with the FDA regulations.

Second can we just skip the chem. class I have no desire to work out your formula posted above, I asked a simple question period!

Just making a point. You know me, can't resist a good debate.

What was the point? Hmmm. Oh yeah, that things are rarely as simple as they seem. Especially regulations.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Great question Panda1. The simple answer is this. Actives work in different ways. They can be complimentary (but not always).

Cytokines work at the cell receptor level to orchestrate what should go on (e.g. repair, regeneration, rejuvenation). Think of them like general contractors. They have a plan, they parse out the tasks. But then there are subcontractors who do much of the work on individual portions of the project, like DNA making the right proteins (materials to build), metabolic pathways (a generator to supply energy), etc. And you need to activate the guys who deliver the materials to the cells, and even sometimes build or widen the roads. Many actives (esp. vitamins) act as co-factors in the biochemical pathways. We choose actives and their concentrations based on the known role in physiology, looking for that complimentarity. And, when we test, we test the whole formulation, and generally see that the whole works better than the sum of the parts.

Hope this helps.

Well, my point is that it is probably best to focus on the MSC cytokines when evaluating the AnteAge product and not all the other ingredients – because the cytokines are what is making this product special/unique. But your response raises some new questions. I get what you are saying about actives being complementary, but here is the thing. There are two products (serum and accelerator). Both products contain MSC cytokines. The website says they are meant to be used together. But then it also seems that it is ok to use only one of the products – but all the testing has been done on using the products together. So if I am a user of only the serum am I missing out because my skin is not being “sealed” by the accelerator after application of the serum? And if I am a user of only the accelerator, am I only getting a fraction of the MSC cytokines that are contained in the serum? Either way, by not using both products I am not getting the full benefit from the cytokines, and that I think is the really important part.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I asked a simple question period!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Join the club! Look at what my "simple" questions have been met with... Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Maybe we should 'bump' the other thread for questions, since this is really for "product reviews"..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=45271

Sorry 'Jom' ... Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I hope everyone who bites the bullet gets their $$$$$'s worth and the 'cytokines' are indeed a magic bullet and not simply the new hype.

Oh come on Kassy at least get some samples and give it a try. Smile It's not gimmicky like the bogus Ageless Secret after all.

Well my samples never have arrived, but my full sized products have, so I will begin my trial tonight.

I highly doubt I will get any irritation since I never do, but I will post on my initial impression regarding feel ect. in a day or so.

Later on into my use I will report in, in more detail. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Join the club! Look at what my "simple" questions have been met with... Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Maybe we should 'bump' the other thread for questions, since this is really for "product reviews"..

Sorry if I am over-thinking. I'll try to give simpler answers.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I know it seems we all have to be biochemists to have an inquiry, or opinion.

Not to mention having much of what we say twisted like a pretzel! Laughing

Hey I did blow my pretty penny to try it so I suppose I am now allowed to post here, no? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
DrJ wrote:

OK, so lets say you add CAS #: 137-66-6, Ascorbyl Palmitate, to a lotion. Now tell me what you just added.

A (mostly) oil soluble food additive!

Come now doc... Why not stick to things that are good for the 'skin'?

It is good for skin.

Ascorbyl palmitate is frequently used in topical preparations because it is more stable than some aqueous (water-soluble) forms of vitamin C.

It also penetrates better. That's why you see a lot of palmitates in cosmetics.

And many DIYers use it:

http://www.diycosmetics.com/products/Vitamin-C-Ascorbyl-Palmitate.html

You are referencing two different products.. The one in your 1st post that I responded to is a "food grade additive".

CAS No.:137-66-6Other Names:L-Ascorbyl 6-palmitateMF:C22H38O7EINECS No.:205-305-4Place of Origin:China (Mainland)Type:Nutrition Enhancers

Here's the MSDS;

http://www.tciamerica.com/msds/search

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Hey I did blow my pretty penny to try it so I suppose I am now allowed to post here, no? Shock

I am a "spirited" debater, and get passionate at times about making a point. I apologize (retrospective and prospectively) if I seem overbearing, insensitive, or just a roller coaster of ideas. I even overwhelm myself sometimes.

I like all these questions, I really do. I love getting into the biochemistry, the cell biology, the logic, the informatics, the whole thing. I guess I need to ask you all to be patient with me -- I am still learning to be socially acceptable.

SOCIAL GENE LEARNERS PERMIT ATTACHED.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Sorry if I am over-thinking. I'll try to give simpler answers.

No need for simple on my account... I was referring to the snarkiness, rudeness, sarcasm + condescending posts a few of my queries were met with. (And not singling you out BTW!)

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I am a "spirited" debater, and get passionate at times about making a point. I apologize (retrospective and prospectively) if I seem overbearing, insensitive, or just a roller coaster of ideas. I even overwhelm myself sometimes.

I like all these questions, I really do. I love getting into the biochemistry, the cell biology, the logic, the informatics, the whole thing. I guess I need to ask you all to be patient with me -- I am still learning to be socially acceptable.

I wonder how you would respond if I met you on my level of expertise on a forum of pc/mac tech heads and asked you to debate subject matter you have not studied?

I know you are not that tech savy as you have asked me and I have explained three times how to post a graphic on this forum yet you can't seem to suss that out?

Not trying to be nasty, just making a point we all have our own areas of higher knowledge and don't feel the need to be condescending to others!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I wonder how you would respond if I met you on my level of expertise on a forum of pc/mac tech heads and asked you to debate subject matter you have not studied?

I know you are not that tech savy as you have asked me and I have explained three times how to post a graphic on this forum yet you can't seem to suss that out?

Not trying to be nasty, just making a point we all have our own areas of higher knowledge and don't feel the need to be condescending to others!

That sounds like fun! Hey - I am not all that tech challenged. I was Apple's first medical director for software/apps (back in the days of Claris/StarCore - when the most portable device they had was about the size of a brick and literally tore pockets).

[now tell me again how to do those graphics]Embarassed

I really don't feel condescending, so I again apologize if my language seems that way. Blame it on my surgical training. Bluntness to the point of diagnosable personality disorder.
havana8

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
[now tell me again how to do those graphics] Embarassed

To get an image to show up in the body of your post, you need to: Smile

1) Sign up for a free account at an image hosting site such aswww.photobucket.com
2) Log-in and upload the image (jpg) from your computer
3) Place your cursor over the image in your album to get a pop-up dialog box. Click on the IMG code at the bottom to copy the image address and then paste into the body of your EDS message
4) Preview and submit your post

HTHs!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

I really don't feel condescending, so I again apologize if my language seems that way. Blame it on my surgical training. Bluntness to the point of diagnosable personality disorder.

For what it's worth Dr. J I don't think you sound condescending. I think you're making your points clearly and intelligently and without too much emotion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
[now tell me again how to do those graphics]Embarassed

Here quote my post and see if you can figure out how the graphic is posted, it really is simple. I explained at least twice on the threads and twice on pm's!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

I don't find you or "the other one" condescending at all. What does bother me is the irrelevant chat on this thread which relates to posturing, egos and old vendettas between *certain* forum members (which have nothing to do with Cellese products or you Dr J). Personally I like bluntness and straight answers; I don't consider it rude in the least.

I would appreciate it if this thread could get back on topic as I am not an early adopter at all. Members can chat (or argue) about non-related personal issues by opening a new thread in the lounge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I don't find you or "the other one" condescending at all. What does bother me is the irrelevant chat on this thread which relates to posturing, egos and old vendettas between *certain* forum members (which have nothing to do with Cellese products or you Dr J). Personally I like bluntness and straight answers; I don't consider it rude in the least.

I would appreciate it if this thread could get back on topic as I am not an early adopter at all. Members can chat (or argue) about non-related personal issues by opening a new thread in the lounge.

Thanks so much Lacy. Couldn't agree more. Let's keep this thread about the products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Thanks so much Lacy. Couldn't agree more. Please take the personal vendettas to the lounge or back to that old thread that Kassy posted a link to. Let's keep this thread about the products.

If you read back a page Lotusester was investigating the ingredient list, I provided the FDA regulations.

What I found condescending was being asked to take a chemistry quiz for discussing ingredients in a product I have purchased. I just received it today and will start using it tonight.

You and Lacy are entitled to your opinions as am I.

I do feel I have the right to ask any questions about this product after spending close to $300 on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
If you read back a page Lotusester was investigating the ingredient list, I provided the FDA regulations.

What I found condescending was being asked to take a chemistry quiz for discussing ingredients in a product I have purchased. I just received it today and will start using it tonight.

I do feel I have the right to ask any questions about this product after spending close to $300 on it.

It's funny how we all perceive things differently...I didn't see any of what you mentioned above. Confused

I don't mean this to be combative, but it seems like questions are being tossed out in a detailed manner, but then people don't like the detailed answers he provides in response?

My personal view is that I coughed up the money for the product, and now I am going to give it a fair try. But I personally would have asked any discrediting questions before I bought it.

Sometimes we can tend to get emotionally caught up in threads, and just need to step back and ask what is our real intent and will we (and the other forum members) really benefit from various questions.

So hugs and peace to everyone. I am glad to be back on EDS as long as happiness prevails. Smile Wink Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

It's funny how we all perceive things differently...I didn't see any of what you mentioned above. Confused

I don't mean this to be combative, but it seems like questions are being tossed out in a detailed manner, but then people don't like the detailed answers he provides in response?

My personal view is that I coughed up the money for the product, and now I am going to give it a fair try. But I personally would have asked any discrediting questions before I bought it.

Sometimes we can tend to get emotionally caught up in threads, and just need to step back and ask what is our real intent and will we (and the other forum members) really benefit from various questions.

So hugs and peace to everyone. I am glad to be back on EDS as long as happiness prevails. Smile Wink Very Happy

I did ask discerning questions before purchasing, and readily admitted to being a skeptic.
I only posted some FDA regulations and links in response to Lotisester's inquires?

The Doc and I have a certain sarcasm in common, so my personal opinion I have not ruffled his feathers any more than the opposite is true.

I hope we can all move along and leave any drama for the reality shows?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
And I wondered about FDA regulations because that subject was brought up earlier in the thread. Not being American I don't know about such regulations.
Further to earlier remarks and helpful links I wondered how much info could be found in the ingredient list. Something I certainly intend to do with any cosmetic product from now on before I purchase it!

Even though I don't live in the US it would be fairly easy to ask friends in the US to order it for me and find a way to get it here. But the expense and trouble to get it must be worthwhile.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
And I wondered about FDA regulations because that subject was brought up earlier in the thread. Not being American I don't know about such regulations.
Further to earlier remarks and helpful links I wondered how much info could be found in the ingredient list. Something I certainly intend to do with any cosmetic product from now on before I purchase it!

Even though I don't live in the US it would be fairly easy to ask friends in the US to order it for me and find a way to get it here. But the expense and trouble to get it must be worthwhile.

Thank you Lotusester,

Please know I was not attempting to pin any blame on you, I was simply trying to explain where the issues started!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
Just curious - do you still use your dermaroller? If you do are you planning on using the Cellese AnteAGE serum afterwards? Thanks, Doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Bethany,
Just curious - do you still use your dermaroller? If you do are you planning on using the Cellese AnteAGE serum afterwards? Thanks, Doodles

Hi Doodles! I have not rolled in close to 3 years, but have been thinking about doing one. However, I do not roll for product penetration, since even the .25mm cause inflammation for me. Sad

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |