Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, did not make it back in time to edit my last post. I have another question for anyone who wants to chime in but especially to Panda and Ethel. While testing out the product for 2-3 months, do you feel it is important to use only that product, use the product twice a day, etc. I ask this because I used AnteAGE only for 1 month twice a day, the 2nd month I used AA once a day and then used Environ products the other time of day, and the 3rd month I used AA more sporadically but at least 5 times a week, usually only once a day, and used other products. So, I did use AA 3 months, but not twice a day and not alone. Do you consider this a fair trial or not? (My gut says no, yet no one else seems to give up other products and I don't like going without my A and C for extended periods of time!)
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sorry, did not make it back in time to edit my last post. I have another question for anyone who wants to chime in but especially to Panda and Ethel. While testing out the product for 2-3 months, do you feel it is important to use only that product, use the product twice a day, etc. I ask this because I used AnteAGE only for 1 month twice a day, the 2nd month I used AA once a day and then used Environ products the other time of day, and the 3rd month I used AA more sporadically but at least 5 times a week, usually only once a day, and used other products. So, I did use AA 3 months, but not twice a day and not alone. Do you consider this a fair trial or not? (My gut says no, yet no one else seems to give up other products and I don't like going without my A and C for extended periods of time!)

Well, as with any experiment, one wants to eliminate other variables, so to be sure that the effects being measured are the result of the product being tested. So, I would suggest either using only the SC products, OR if you want to use the Environ vitamin C and vitamin A, be sure to apply the Environ everywhere ANY SC product is being used...so in other words, all the SC products would be used as an adjunct to the Environ, which levels the playing field. Ideally, this would be done with forehead experiment I suggested earlier---the Environ would be applied evenly to all of the forehead surface, but each individual SC would only be applied to the forehead section relegated. It would be inaccurate to compare SC products if one was used with Environ (or another topical) and the other was used alone. Same thing if you are using your upper lip lines...apply the Environ to the entire upper lip and then use each SC product on the respective side of the lip. Since you used the AA for awhile before, the AA will have a slight edge (benefit) in the end results, but probably not a significant leg up after just a month.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I went back and looked at my posts for the first few days I participated here at EDS in February. I clearly stated then that I was the CEO of a skin care company. Someone immediately asked if we would be releasing a product in the near future. The answer was affirmative accompanied by my explaining my role within the company not being marketing. Soon thereafter I added the company name to my signature. And everyone was talking about barefacedtruth and giving links, which contained that info. from day 1. So this myth that I was being deceptive and did not reveal my company or product plans here is just that -- a myth. Of course, companies for business reasons don't discuss such things in detail, but the basic facts were given.

When bethany was confronted with the inaccuracy of her statement to the contrary, I thought she should have graciously admitted her mistake. Instead she argued that "perception is reality", in other words saying that it's true because others think that it is true (she is a PR person, I think, and managing perception is what they do). This is the exact opposite of what I believe (i.e. TRUTH MATTERS). In a sense, it's "truth doesn't matter, only perception matters." I don't say this to call out bethany (of course nobody here will believe this, because that's not part of the myth), but in fact I respect bethany and like most of what she says. But on this important principle, we disagree.

I also note that nearly everyone here agrees with her. Which helps me to realize that EDS really is more about myth making than about searching for something lasting. And of course, creating drama. Again I know some people will take that as an insult rather than an observation, and poison pens will flow (don't bother, I won't be reading it). For that reason I must thank bethany for spotlighting the reality of the perception of the reality.

Another observation, one that causes a smile, is that I have been so roundly criticized for bringing cytokines to every discussion. Maybe that's true, but that is my oft stated view of the cell -- the key is communication. Yet I stopped visiting other threads quite a while ago, and now all I have to do is go away for a weekend, and voila - a whole crop of new threads talking about cytokines. This frankly delights me, as that was my original mission - to get a discussion going. Once the world is aware of the connection between cytokines and skin and aging, my mission is largely accomplished.

In recognition of the fact that I am a lightning rod, and the mission carries on without me, I have decided to move on. My board has been bugging me to do so anyway. I do not do so out of anger or distress. In fact I want to thank each and every one of you for helping me to hone my message and better understand the barriers to science dissemination. I will continue to correspond around science data and ideas at BFT and skincareboards.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
When bethany was confronted with the inaccuracy of her statement to the contrary, I thought she should have graciously admitted her mistake. Instead she argued that "perception is reality", in other words saying that it's true because others think that it is true (she is a PR person, I think, and managing perception is what they do). This is the exact opposite of what I believe (i.e. TRUTH MATTERS). In a sense, it's "truth doesn't matter, only perception matters." I don't say this to call out bethany (of course nobody here will believe this, because that's not part of the myth), but in fact I respect bethany and like most of what she says. But on this important principle, we disagree.

We can agree to disagree....I don't think I was actually incorrect on anything. But your perception is different, and I accept that. My only goal was to improve the forum breakdown, and we did make a lot of strides this weekend.

For the record I am a digital/database marketer...it's all about testing and tweaking marketing campaigns for the highest return. Very stats oriented, fact based stuff. (let the numbers speak and they will show you the way!)

But I do greatly appreciate you bringing cytokines to the forefront for us, regardless of what line people choose to use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:

OR if you want to use the Environ vitamin C and vitamin A, be sure to apply the Environ everywhere ANY SC product is being used...so in other words, all the SC products would be used as an adjunct to the Environ, which levels the playing field.

Thanks EthelM. I will think about this more, but I think I am going to go this route.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
EthelM wrote:
However, after a month the initial benefits of a topical anti-inflammatory would be far less impactful, so at least we'd largely eliminate that factor and get to see what the other actives were doing to the skin.
Also, keep in mind that a month is the absolute minimum (and probably not long enough at that) for any topical to show results, simply because skin doesn't repair itself quickly.

Ok. I see what you are saying. How long do you think we should be giving any of these cytokine products to work? Meaning what is the minimum amount of time that you feel we would see results if we were going to see them?

I think you need to make a three month commitment to using a stem cell product in order to really judge results. I could be wrong, but I think the idea behind these products is to build collagen and elastin, and that won't happen in 30 days. I suspect the products are formulated with stuff that provides immediate superficial results - just to keep the customer using the product - but the real results take a little time to show up.

I agree on all points Panda, the longer the better...nothing real can happen before 30 days, that's for certain, and yes, even six months would show just the start of repair. But, given that these are pricey serums and we are regular consumers and not labs with donated product, I think at one month we may see very slight repair---or none---which would be enough to at least begin to evaluate each SC mix.

You will see some results in 30 days, but they aren't going to blow you away. I think 3 months is really the right number. And, I think you need to use the products twice a day - or adjust your expectations accordingly.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
EthelM wrote:

OR if you want to use the Environ vitamin C and vitamin A, be sure to apply the Environ everywhere ANY SC product is being used...so in other words, all the SC products would be used as an adjunct to the Environ, which levels the playing field.

Thanks EthelM. I will think about this more, but I think I am going to go this route.

Riley - if you decide to do this, I would stop the ReLuma and establish a skin care routine with the Environ products and once your skin is happy and stable, add the ReLuma back in. I think that is a more fair way to evaluate it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:

Riley - if you decide to do this, I would stop the ReLuma and establish a skin care routine with the Environ products and once your skin is happy and stable, add the ReLuma back in. I think that is a more fair way to evaluate it.

Even if I was just spot treating the wrinkles with the Reluma (as Ethel suggested for the forehead)?
NanSam
5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Very sad. I don't know whether reviews of AA are even allowed here anymore. If I say anything positive I'll probably get beaten up down again. What a world. -Nan
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:

Very sad. I don't know whether reviews of AA are even allowed here anymore. If I say anything positive I'll probably get shot down again. What a world. -Nan

Yes, it is sad. However, Dr J told everyone where he would be and all can visit him at either or both places, Nan. I know his character has been attacked, but instead of addressing those issues, Dr J chose to attack back on a personal level, which is very unprofessional in my opinion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
Very sad. I don't know whether reviews of AA are even allowed here anymore. If I say anything positive I'll probably get beaten up down again. What a world. -Nan

Nan as one who is not a fan of Dr.J, I think any product reviews should be very welcome. That is not and was not ever the issue at all so please feel free to report on your progress with this product free of any fear of attacks!

5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Very sad. I don't know whether reviews of AA are even allowed here anymore. If I say anything positive I'll probably get shot down again. What a world. -Nan

Yes, it is sad. However, Dr J told everyone where he would be and all can visit him at either or both places, Nan. I know his character has been attacked, but instead of addressing those issues, Dr J chose to attack back on a personal level, which is very unprofessional in my opinion.

I've seen the attacks here on him, and they were quite personal. His crime was that he fought back? Anybody else here married to a male? I hate to be the one to break the news, but that is determined by the presence of an X-chromosome. I'm not here to defend him, but you women sure seem to have a one-sided view of the world. This is not a "professional" forum, so hard for him to be unprofessional. More like a fight club as the other thread is aptly named. -Nan
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:

I've seen the attacks here on him, and they were quite personal. His crime was that he fought back? Anybody else here married to a male? I hate to be the one to break the news, but that is determined by the presence of an X-chromosome. I'm not here to defend him, but you women sure seem to have a one-sided view of the world. This is not a "professional" forum, so hard for him to be unprofessional. More like a fight club as the other thread is aptly named. -Nan

Yes, they were quite personal, and honestly he should have addressed those issues instead of attacking back. Being in a public business, people will and do check into those they are buying things from. Now, maybe his past should have no bearing on his products, but to some it does. And, Nan, no offense here, but for someone who is not here to defend him, you certainly seem to be doing nothing but.
NanSam
5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Yes, they were quite personal, and honestly he should have addressed those issues instead of attacking back. Being in a public business, people will and do check into those they are buying things from. Now, maybe his past should have no bearing on his products, but to some it does. And, Nan, no offense here, but for someone who is not here to defend him, you certainly seem to be doing nothing but.

Turn that around - you are here doing nothing but criticizing him. No offense, but it goes both ways. And in some sense I am having to defend myself -- I was attacked in the "fight club" thread -- for having an opinion not the same as yours. What is the matter with that?-Nan
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Turn that around - you are here doing nothing but criticizing him. No offense, but it goes both ways. And in some sense I am having to defend myself -- I was attacked in the "fight club" thread -- for having an opinion not the same as yours. What is the matter with that?-Nan

Nan,

As you requested of me, I would like to request that you please review Riley's posts on AnteAge....you will see that she is one of our most respected, long-time posters and is known for neutral and honest reviews. Perhaps you might like to correct your statement after that.

Thanks in advance!

Beth

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I no longer use AA products due to increase in facial hair I tend to agree more with Nan - the treatment received by Dr. J imho was dismal, and I do not recall the same level of scrutiny and malice being directed ever towards any other manufacturer.

Sadly as a result most of the truly knowledgeable people had left the forum. I personally prefer to know an educated opinion of a smart professional (such as DragoN, Dr. J and a few others), even if it is harsh and direct and assumes certain level of knowledge curiosity and intelligence on the readers part.

Just my 2 cents...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Even though I no longer use AA products due to increase in facial hair I tend to agree more with Nan - the treatment received by Dr. J imho was dismal, and I do not recall the same level of scrutiny and malice being directed ever towards any other manufacturer.

Sadly as a result most of the truly knowledgeable people had left the forum. I personally prefer to know an educated opinion of a smart professional (such as DragoN, Dr. J and a few others), even if it is harsh and direct and assumes certain level of knowledge curiosity and intelligence on the readers part.

Just my 2 cents...

Hopefully all of this will die down and we can just move on. He shared lots of studies and info here, and we can still reference it in his absence.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I will be discontinuing my usage of AnteAge, and will no longer be posting on this thread. If anyone has any questions regarding my thoughts on the product, they are welcome to contact me via PM.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:52 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

Just my 2 cents...

Actually, my opinion is the opposite; I think the truly knowlegeable people have remained. Smile
NanSam
5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Not sure what I said, but If I offended anyone I apologize. I have been using AnteAGE for almost two weeks now. I have blotchy skin, always some red areas on my cheeks and nose, and made doubly worse because of melasma (darker blotches) on my neck and chin since my last pregnancy. I use foundation to cover up and hide my “harlequin face” as I call it. Today for the first day in as long as I can remember I came to work “bare faced”. I know it’s only been 2 weeks, but I swear my red has disappeared, and my melasma is fading. Like some of those pictures everyone was mocking. Not perfect by any stretch, but better than I ever hoped. Another woman here at work has started AA, that makes 4 just in my company. I work in the high tech capital of the world where people tend to believe in medical science and technology. I think AA is catching on here like crazy, because it works and because the science is valid and makes sense. My 2c worth. -Nan
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
Not sure what I said, but If I offended anyone I apologize. I have been using AnteAGE for almost two weeks now. I have blotchy skin, always some red areas on my cheeks and nose, and made doubly worse because of melasma (darker blotches) on my neck and chin since my last pregnancy. I use foundation to cover up and hide my “harlequin face” as I call it. Today for the first day in as long as I can remember I came to work “bare faced”. I know it’s only been 2 weeks, but I swear my red has disappeared, and my melasma is fading. Like some of those pictures everyone was mocking. Not perfect by any stretch, but better than I ever hoped. Another woman here at work has started AA, that makes 4 just in my company. I work in the high tech capital of the world where people tend to believe in medical science and technology. I think AA is catching on here like crazy, because it works and because the science is valid and makes sense. My 2c worth. -Nan

Ohhh, I think people on this forum believe in medical science and technology, as well, and in peer reviewed, published research...that's the problem! And Nan, if you genuinely want to be an accepted member of this forum, quit posting backdoor insults as you did in your above post. People here are also smart enough to recognize thinly disguised vitriol. My two cents backatcha.

(P.S. People here are also quite adept at recognizing sock-puppetry and guerrilla marketing.)
NanSam
5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Ohhh, I think people on this forum believe in medical science and technology, as well, and in peer reviewed, published research...that's the problem! And Nan, if you genuinely want to be an accepted member of this forum, quit posting backdoor insults as you did in your above post. People here are also smart enough to recognize thinly disguised vitriol. My two cents backatcha.

(P.S. People here are also quite adept at recognizing sock-puppetry and guerrilla marketing.)

There was no insult intended in my post. Please re-read it. It would be a huge stretch to read vitriol into that. It seems like you are reading negativity into everything I say. Somebody (Darkmoon I think) said I was welcome here to post my reviews. Now you come here to call me a sock puppet or guerrilla marketer. Are you just trying to chase away anyone with any positive reviews or comments? It sure feels that way to me. Sorry in advance if you find that insulting, but no other interpretation of your animosity towards me has come to mind. -Nan
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
NanSam wrote:

It was definitely a dig. It seems like all the scientists in the high tech capital of the world (at least the ones posting here) have very similar posting styles.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
EthelM wrote:
NanSam wrote:

It was definitely a dig. It seems like all the scientists in the high tech capital of the world (at least the ones posting here) have very similar posting styles.

I cannot believe you would say that. If I said all the people in my town are patriotic and go to the 4th of July parade, would you think I'm calling you unpatriotic? My comment was only about Silicon Valley, not a reference to you or anyone else. Sheesh. Does everyone really think I am trying to zing them with veiled insults? What is going on here that I'm not getting? -Nan
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:

Does everyone really think I am trying to zing them with veiled insults? What is going on here that I'm not getting? -Nan

You came here to find DrJ. He is at BFT.com. If you want to post reviews about your AnteAge experience, that would be nice, but it should be clear to you that we are done talking about DrJ.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |