Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jurlique Calendula Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Melissa Leaf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I feel I am so luck to find out this product. My skin condition is not very good, alway too sensitive. Since I used Calendula cream, it really helpped my skin to be softer and not sensitive again. I've been using it for 1 month, 40ml is about using for 1 month, and I am going to keep using this to buy another one. I love Jurlique!!!!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I love Jurlique too. The Calendula Cream which I only tried a couple of months ago seems to have helped to sort out my dry skin patch that I've had on my elbow for years.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I give it 4.5/5. It is good if you have sensitive skin, very soothing. The 0.5 off is because otherwise I won't use it at all...if not for soothing and sound price (compared with la mer)
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jurlique too. Even though the Calendula Cream isn't my favoriate product from Jurlique, I usually have one tube avaliable for emergency, esp. in the winter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I got the cream sample from EDS, is it just for sensitive/dry skin? i dont really know when to use it.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree, this is an absolutely fabulous cream. I dont use this everynight but it is a regular part of my skincare routine
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts (my skin is having a fit right now, being in a an entirely different climate) and I use Jurlique's Calendula before sunscreen. However, I've come to find that it works for me in the desert climate of AZ, but here in MI, it's been too much (the air is much more humid, even though it is cold out). I realize that once I move east after graduating, this might be something to take off my list.

I've switched to my tiny sample of CareKate's Pearl Creme and find it is much better for me. But I do love Calendula! It's a fabulous moisturizer and does not make me break out!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Can you please elaborate when you say it's too much for you? My Yonka Cream 15 is almost used up and I was thinking of trying the Calendula.

Do you find that the Pearl Cream is enough? I can't use it alone as it tightens my face too much especially on my cheeks. So I've been using my Cream 15 over it and it seems to be fine. My skin is a bit dehydrated but balancing itself out slowly but I do see a bit of improvement. I want something that moisturizes and heals my acne at the same time which the Yonka does a good job of. Didn't want to switch to PG because I've used it and I prefer the 15 better. I've read many things about Calendula healing but at the same time I'm nervous of purging or the cream being too rich.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed once I got here to Michigan, my skin was oilier (much more humid, even in winter, than the desert I live in)...so the cream, while it didn't make me more oily, I found I didn't need to use it...it felt too rich...combined with my Decleor Ylang Ylang oil, sunscreen, etc...I didn't need to put so much on to keep me balanced. I even stopped using the small amount of my decleor balms that I brought. I'm realizing that once I move, I'll definitely need to revamp my routine, esp. if I end up on the east coast or something.

Then, within a day or two of my arrival, I proceeded to have a major breakout that I'm just getting under control (took a week, but of course I leave tomorrow!). Stupid Michigan weather! Of course when I come back in the summer...when it is 100% humidity, I'll look like I did back in high school...always happens. boo.

I love the pearl cream...I'm just about to PM CareKate and put in an order for some. It balances me perfectly. Yeah, a little tight at first but it goes away within a few minutes.

I never had a purge or problem with the Calendula. It's great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, that really helps. This is exactly my problem because I'll be moving to Hong Kong summer 07 and while the winters there are dry the atmosphere is extremely humid.

I know that you skin is acne-prone as well, do you think that the Calendula helped with your acne at all (in terms of healing, I know that it can't really get rid of it)? Or was it just a nice soothing moisturizer?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it, and it ended up somwhere in my drawer. Did nothing for my skin.

I get so much better results with Emu oil combo - more calming, healing, nurturing, you name it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I've switched to my tiny sample of CareKate's Pearl Creme and find it is much better for me. But I do love Calendula! It's a fabulous moisturizer and does not make me break out!!!
For what it's worth, Calendula extract is actually one of the "secret" ingredients in my variation of the Pearl Creme/Paste recipe....

ETA: Actually, I just took a look at the ingredient list for the Jurlique Calendula Cream and 97% of the stuff they have in it I actually include in my Pearl Creme formula (the exceptions are the "glycerides" and the cetearyl alcohol and ceteareth-20).

If it were me, I'd say the Calendula Cream probably would be a waste/duplicate effort if you're already using my Pearl Creme....

Sormuimui -- I *THINK* I have a sample of Jurlique Calendula Cream at home; if I do, I'll throw it in when I send your Bump Blasting Emulsion tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Carrie - I've been trying to get a hold of the sample from EDS but to no avail. I want to ask you a question about the Pearl Cream - I recall reading in another thread that you mentioned it was supposed to be used mainly in the PM - is this true?

Been using your "pearl" silk dust, will write a review soon!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:
For what it's worth, Calendula extract is actually one of the "secret" ingredients in my variation of the Pearl Creme/Paste recipe....

ETA: Actually, I just took a look at the ingredient list for the Jurlique Calendula Cream and 97% of the stuff they have in it I actually include in my Pearl Creme formula (the exceptions are the "glycerides" and the cetearyl alcohol and ceteareth-20).

If it were me, I'd say the Calendula Cream probably would be a waste/duplicate effort if you're already using my Pearl Creme....

Sormuimui -- I *THINK* I have a sample of Jurlique Calendula Cream at home; if I do, I'll throw it in when I send your Bump Blasting Emulsion tomorrow.

I have found that my Calendula cream has worked well for other areas...such as my cuticles. My cuticles were raw and red from traveling over the holidays and I applied this a few times and voila! Also, the area around my nose has been super raw because of a head cold...where my mom would have slathered Desitin (diaper rash stuff) when I was little, I took a sample size of this with me yesterday and applied it throughout the day because I kept having to blow my nose...it works wonders! While I might not use it on my face unless it's super dry (as I'm switching to the pearl cream) I might keep a tube of this around for various uses! Jurlique has a winner with this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
i have both jurlique calendular cream and arnica cream. i think the texture is very thick, when i apply them on my forehead, it tends to clog my pores! Embarassed
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
While many like this, i didnt.
It does a good job if ur skin is sensitive, but it also clogged pores. my skin just doesnt response well to thick-ish moisturisers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Back after along while Smile
sarahb wrote:
I love Jurlique too. The Calendula Cream which I only tried a couple of months ago seems to have helped to sort out my dry skin patch that I've had on my elbow for years.

I ahve found calendual cream to be alifesaver for these weird dry patches like eczema ones. The cream I use is by Claifornia Baby which isn't too thick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 am      Reply with quote
My mom absolutely loves Calendula Cream but I think it's too sticky for me. My skin can't bear it. My mom usually use this cream in winter.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you SO much for this review!!! I have pale skin that when damaged for whatever reason I have a wound that seems to stick around absolutely forever. I bought this after another poster, self proclaimed "picker", said they put it on a picked blemish and the next day it was flesh colored. I had two spots on my chest that almost looked like acne, but I really have no idea. After nearly a week of looking angry and raw, I ordered this. The consistency is really strange, almost like whipped vaseline plus a cream. It has almost no smell, which is nice (I got a sample of some Valmont cream and it makes my eyes water its so stinky). Put it on those raw spots and a day later it doesn't look so raw anymore. I won't use this all over my face, but for spot treatments I've never really had anything that worked this well while remaining cosmetically elegant enough to actually wear.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
my mum introduced me to this jurlique calencula cream since i got sensitive skin and heard its healing magic. however its quite sticky for me to use in spring/summer, i think its only good for dry sensitive skin or to use in winter.
ellac117

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
hi, sisters,
I like very much your posts, i'd read them everytime i wanna to buying sth, they are very useful.
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I always used this cream on my dry skin area, it's effective but feel it's too thick.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I used it before but it is not good for me. It makes my skin turn red.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Years ago I LOVED Jurlique and have tried most of their products. I used this product many times, yet the weight is very heavy for oily and acne prone skin. Thus, I found it really clogged my pores and did not help my skin problems. I did love the product though!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 am      Reply with quote
OMG My mum loves it toooo... For the same reasons as yours.

LilyChoi wrote:
My mom absolutely loves Calendula Cream but I think it's too sticky for me. My skin can't bear it. My mom usually use this cream in winter.

I also found it to be on the greasy side but for someone who has a need for rich texture, it must be a life-saver!

Feliz wrote:
Years ago I LOVED Jurlique and have tried most of their products. I used this product many times, yet the weight is very heavy for oily and acne prone skin. Thus, I found it really clogged my pores and did not help my skin problems. I did love the product though!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |