Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Question re Ageless nose wrinkle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ckharding

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm finally posting having followed the Ageless thread for ages and lurking for far too long!

I know it's not generally a good idea to try 'tweaking' a programme but I'm curious to know whether anyone else has been tempted to do the 'nose wrinkle' exercise in the Occasional Extras section more regularly.

It feels so good to do, and when I do it I imagine it could really help pump up the cheek area right next to the nose (I'm trying to get bigger, wider, plumper cheeks generally and will try almost anything, budget allowing, to get there!)

I'm sure there's a good reason for its being a less-regular exercise - eg risk of accentuating nose to mouth lines? (Something that wouldn't bother me too much, actually!)

Sorry for the long post - didn't mean it to be!

Whatever the reason, I'd love to know... I've been doing Ageless, on and off, for around 3 years and some areas have responded well but my cheeks remain sluggish Confused

(I have to confess to doing the brow lift more frequently than advised simply because it's a hidden area I don't worry too much about, and I've had an amazing result there; the furrows have really ironed out, and the no.11s are often invisible to my eyes. I'm just far less gung-ho about my cheeks as the skin's not great there.)

Any thoughts from others would be very gratefully received!
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just started doing Ageless, so I am far less experienced than you are.
But in her book (maybe you own it yourself?) Loulou says re this exercise:

"It’s nice to have the area nicely toned, but building it up isn’t really desirable... the muscles that make happy expressions should be stronger than this one so that the cheek curves out at the cheekbone rather than being built-up all the way across." Hth?

It is good to hear that you had success with doing the brow lift more frequently because that's what I do (I wear full bangs so you don't see my forehead lines Very Happy).
ckharding

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Chiqui! That's interesting and makes perfect sense to me. I also asked Loulou and she explained that overdoing it could make the undereye area look more hollow in comparison with the built-up cheek immediately below.

I'm still working from the old download version from a few years back so had never seen the extra info you've included.

It's just been the past two months I've been doing these extra browlifts so I think the occasional ones I was doing previously may have 'primed' the area sufficiently for me to avoid more serious furrowing there... thinking of growing out the bangs now!

Apologies for not posting this in the Ageless thread as I intended. It takes years for me to post anything then I do it in the wrong place. Rolling Eyes
havana8

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:10 am      Reply with quote
ckharding wrote:
Apologies for not posting this in the Ageless thread as I intended. It takes years for me to post anything then I do it in the wrong place.

No worries! We will add these posts to the Ageless thread for you. Welcome to the forum. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |