Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin again quickly, looking very old!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountainwoman

Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I am a few months shy of 38 and I have a ton of fine lines. I have very, very thin skin and it is already becoming crepey. My 70 year old mother has less wrinkles than I do! I am mostly concerned about the vertical lines on my cheeks - I think it may be due to loss of fat in the cheeks as I always had very round cheeks until about 5 years ago which is when I started noticing the accelerated aging and everyone thinking I am older than my husband who is 5 years older than me! Any advice to help the fine lines?
Tam Pham

Tue May 21, 2013 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Every person ages differently. The sun plays a big part on the premature aging process. Try and drink a lot of water and avoid the sun as much as you can or always use sunblock. I used to work as an esthetician, but i know for own experience that the sun is our number 1 enemy if we love to stay in the sun for prolongued hours. I have done a lot of damage to my skin experimenting, so trust me your problem can easily be corrected with proper care of your skin from the inside/out. all the best!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 21, 2013 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there. You might want to look into dermarolling. There is a ton of information here and on the net about it. Have a look at the owndoc site by sarah vaughter and read your way around the process to decide if it is something you are willing to invest time in.

You can regenerate skin, with work.

It would be worth figuring out what is causing the skin to be less resilient and strong than you would wish, from the point of view of your nutritional status.

There is a good thread here on green smoothies. We need to ingest antioxidants and good oil as well as keep hydrated.
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I can tell some of my own experience.There's many habits will cause fine lines,such as the food,the pose of sleep,a person's mood,etc.My advise is to keep good mood,have healthy food,take a good ret and do some exercises.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to this forum mountainwoman Smile Sad to say that we all will get there, I mean "aging"... But I think we can do something to "age gracefully"... One thing I must emphasize is proper diet. We can not eat the same food that we are eating before. Choose better foods that will help regenerate the cells inside our bodies... Avoid processed foods as much as possible as it contains tons of salt which is very bad for your body. Regular exercises and healthy lifestyle will help keep our bodies in proper "functioning" mode. Being happy and contented is another factor because if we are stress, our skin is stress too and it shows.... Regular skin-care routine is also important to the skin to renew itself i.e. weekly (mild) exfoliation and choosing the right skin-care products suited for you....Pamper yourself once in a while (at home facials, do-it-yourself) will help your skin and body. You don't need a lot of money to do this, just have time for yourself. Oh, I forgot to include SUNSCREEN of at least 30 SPF that you must use everyday to protect your skin from sun damage... Good luck and hope this helps! Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Use sunscreen and get the PUFAs (omega 3 & 6) out of your diet; they speed up wrinkles and make the skin more susceptible to sun damage and age spots. Buy a PMD to exfoliate fine lines and use peptide serums and retinoids to rebuild your skin.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with everything that has been said here, but I can say that it sounds like your skin is dehydrated. It's not simple to re-hydrate the skin. You should be drinking copious amounts of water all throughout the day, use a hydrating moisturizer, and like gretchen said, exfoliate the dead skin away. Love jade1234's recommendations about diet, too. Look up alkaline foods, focus on consuming them and stay away from acidifying foods.

Good luck, update us on your progress!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
An additional suggestion which goes along with the hydration and alkalynizing principles is to buy 'green foods' such as Barley grass powder and use in the morning in a large glass of purified water. I'd also get wheatgrass and maybe a container of spirulina and have each of these at least once during the day. (I do at least a Tablespoon of spirulina and heaping teaspoons of the others).
I also suggest an oil like Udi's oil 3-6-9 which has the proper balance of omegas -excellent or skin. I take a Tablespoon or more a day.
Green smoothies or Juicing are other options.

Beauty starts within and shows/glows without.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 22, 2013 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister, agreed!
I did a second post on drinking lots of water and lemon water in the morning after all the scalp flexing and relaxing. Wink
Great minds think alike!

PS I have a post I'm writing on green powders. Have you tried Amazing Greens Raw Reserve? It's so wonderful! In addition to all the sprouted grasses, it has tons of sea vegetables and probiotics. Love it.

http://amazinggrass.com/product/74/Raw-Reserve-Green-SuperFood-30-servings.html

--avalange

sister sweets wrote:
An additional suggestion which goes along with the hydration and alkalynizing principles is to buy 'green foods' such as Barley grass powder and use in the morning in a large glass of purified water. I'd also get wheatgrass and maybe a container of spirulina and have each of these at least once during the day. (I do at least a Tablespoon of spirulina and heaping teaspoons of the others).
I also suggest an oil like Udi's oil 3-6-9 which has the proper balance of omegas -excellent or skin. I take a Tablespoon or more a day.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 23, 2013 7:20 am      Reply with quote
http://amazinggrass.com/product/74/Raw-Reserve-Green-SuperFood-30-servings.html

Thanks Ava - This looks really great. ***I use a greens mix from Healthforce Nutritionals called Vitamineral Green as well as a formula of theirs called Earth. I like the company philosophy.***
I don't think their products have probiotics which makes this mix of yours interesting.
I will definitely get this when I finish what I have. I know if you recommend it - it's worth trying.

I love your blog site. Great topics. I know you will put your true self into it.

I keep a bowl of lemons on my kitchen table and use one everyday. It feels so good to do the right things for your health... [/i]

-

sister sweets wrote:

[/quote]

5% products discount

Thu May 23, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
DO everything you can from within like everyone is suggesting here - especially the green smoothies and alkaline diet which can really reduce inflammation and re-balance skin.

It does sound you need to repair the acid mantle of your skin, which might have been damaged by using products that are too harsh, outside conditions or dehydration and stress from within.

Fine lines, especially vertical ones and those that come with crepey skin, are from dehydration due to a lack of this protective layer of oil - different to wrinkles which are caused by a loss of collagen and elastin deeper down.

Be very gentle with your skin with simple cleaners, emollient moisturizers and protection from sun/wind/cold.

Look at doing a course of ultrasound treatment to stimulate the underlying tissues, which will increase circulation and strengthen the cells.

This will build up your skin and return it to it's healthy, smooth look - the way it should be! A home device like the Fyold Lite is a good option, you can use it on an ongoing basis as part of your overall skin care.

Just remember it takes a while to rebuild skin and to see any great improvement, but it is possible and fine lines can be improved!
Abel Brion

Fri May 24, 2013 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi mountainwoman,
You should have need to good diet rich with vitamin C, daily exercise and to wash your face with a anti aging moisturizing cream twice a day.Sleep well with proper way. Your skin is thin its not good for you. So take proper diet. Although today I got a anti aging moisturizing cream when I was searching skin care tweets on twitter. Product is suitable.You can also read about that moisturizing cream from searching dermology anti aging cream on internet.if you found it helpful then I think you should have to give a try for it. I hope it will helpful to you.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Although I agree that the PMD(microdermabrasion) may help with the fine lines you have, be sure to follow the instructions and do a dummy run on say your arms. Use conservatively - once every few months as this can be quite aggressive on thin skin. A gentle acid peel with a low % of acid (10%), such as lactic, would also help, and the lower acids produce a slight scruffing on the the skin as opposed to a major peel. Again, start conservatively, leave on for the minimum amount of time initially, (you can build up the time and strength once you understand how your skin responds), again because you have 'thin' skin, also only do these treatments once every few months, it is my opinion that over exfoliation can do more harm than good. At the moment I am using an ultrasonic skin peeling scrubber I got from ebay which seems to gently exfoliate and can be flipped over to ultrasonically 'push' product (serums, moisturisers) into the skin which renders them more effective.
Red light therapy has a good track record on aging skin and small hand helds can be bought on ebay and amazon relatively cheaply.
If you are ready to spend the big bucks there is a ton of information on this forum regarding Tria and Reaura. These are home laser treatments. Personally, I have had excellent results on fine lines using my Reaura, and my skin certainly appears plumper, and my skin denser.
Photoqueen, a member here is currently reviewing an ultrasonic Photorejuvenation LED home device incorporating red light led and ultrasound. This is affordable, and most probably a good 'starter' device for someone just beginning to use home equipment. Please look at his first review for this device. He has also reviewed other antiaging devices on his blog and provides a slew of information as to how these devices work.
Lastly, I must reiterate the advice above, sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen at all times, no matter what the weather. Many moisturisers incorporate suncreen now, as do foundations. Use them!
Good luck. Neutral
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have PMD and I wont recommend it for a delicate thin skin, it's way too aggressive!
mountainwoman

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just realized I had messages to the post I wrote in May! Sorry I didn't get back to you all to thank you for all the wonderful advice! I have had a difficult year so I think that has a lot to do with the aging - on top of sun damage. My left side is much more wrinkled than my right so I do think it is sun damage. (from driving) I have been using hyaluronic acid for the past year and although I saw improvement in my eye area with dry skin, my cheeks are definitely worse this year than last. Is HA OK for thin skin like mine or could it make it worse? I eat a very healthy diet and exercise but do not get great sleep due to young children (another reason for the aging-lol) Would something like Retin-A be too strong for my skin. I had a vitamin C lotion I was using and it caused some inflammation around my eyes - the rest of my face was fine. For starters, what is a good product I can use to help regenerate the skin? I am happy to hear this because, really, I don't mind aging but don't like my skin to look so wrinkly at only 38. I just want to look my age. Thank you so much everyone!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hormonal decline can thin the skin, thin the bone structure holding the muscles taught and cause the subq fat to evaporate. All the healthy lifestyle tips are excellent, but hormonal replacement and fillers might give you more bang for your buck if this really is still bugging you, AND *if* this is the cause of the changes you are seeing. Just my 2 cents.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
mountainwoman wrote:
I just realized I had messages to the post I wrote in May! Sorry I didn't get back to you all to thank you for all the wonderful advice! I have had a difficult year so I think that has a lot to do with the aging - on top of sun damage. My left side is much more wrinkled than my right so I do think it is sun damage. (from driving) I have been using hyaluronic acid for the past year and although I saw improvement in my eye area with dry skin, my cheeks are definitely worse this year than last. Is HA OK for thin skin like mine or could it make it worse? I eat a very healthy diet and exercise but do not get great sleep due to young children (another reason for the aging-lol) Would something like Retin-A be too strong for my skin. I had a vitamin C lotion I was using and it caused some inflammation around my eyes - the rest of my face was fine. For starters, what is a good product I can use to help regenerate the skin? I am happy to hear this because, really, I don't mind aging but don't like my skin to look so wrinkly at only 38. I just want to look my age. Thank you so much everyone!

Retin A sounds like a good move. Get a low percentage and start slow, every 3 nights. Ramp up to every other night. Expect some flakiness and be prepared to wait 6-12 months before seeing real results. It will help to thicken your skin but it takes a while.

Use sunscreen every day. Some people can use vit C and others can't. You might try another product or one that is more mild.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Sun doesnt age.It is pure energy.
The disability for distirbution of sun energy ages.(due to toxins,aka acids left over from bad diet and enviromental pollution).
Sunscreen ages cause it accumulates titanium dioxide in the body.

My advice:stay on fruits and some vegetables and throw away all vitamins and chemicals.They eat your body ,cause the stomach tries to break them down by stomach acids,because they are inorganic and non natural.

Dont be fooled by the vitamin people that are being self poisoned by taking inorganic industrial sludge.
Vitamins come from the living fruit so you might benefit from them if you eat the fruit some minutes after you cut it from the tree.
The source for vitamins is SUN.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
The disability for distirbution of sun energy ages.(due to toxins,aka acids left over from bad diet and enviromental pollution).

My advice:stay on fruits and some vegetables and throw away all vitamins and chemicals.They eat your body ,cause the stomach tries to break them down by stomach acids,because they are inorganic and non natural.

Dont be fooled by the vitamin people that are being self poisoned by taking inorganic industrial sludge.
Vitamins come from the living fruit so you might benefit from them if you eat the fruit some minutes after you cut it from the tree.

I respectfully, disagree with your above statements; as far as I know, you just made em without any proof...

I am no fan of pharmaceuticals but i love vitamins and supplements and they have helped me lots... and sunblock is a must...
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 am      Reply with quote
If you feel yor skin is thinning too quickly, I think you should see a dr, and ask for a blood test for your hormones levels, and go from there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
panoslydios wrote:

I respectfully, disagree with your above statements; as far as I know, you just made em without any proof...

I am no fan of pharmaceuticals but i love vitamins and supplements and they have helped me lots... and sunblock is a must...

No they have not helped you.Any benefit you have seen is prolly due to placebo and of course alkalizing diet(mainly fruits)and needling etc...Sun block is a no no.
We need to define again our relationship with sun,because sun is our MAIN source of vitamins but unfortunately due to the acidic accumulation of the toxic left overs of bad diet,the body cant distirbute the solar energy freely so we get burned and damage.
Everything you see has solar energy in it.You are being constructed by solar energy.Please stop the industrial sludges for your own good .

Proof?The rising of sunblock use went along with the rising of skin cancer.I am not debating on poisons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Diet and lifestyle contribute to a lot in aging. Do you have very high levels of stress? This is a huge contribution. But also genes give us a huge contribution and we can't pick who our parents are. Some ppl just age quicker and it sucks. As we hit a certain age, it's true that we start resembling our mothers. At age 38, it may be a good age to start ultrasound therapy like thermage or ultherapy to increase your body's collagen production and give your face a refreshed look as well as combine it with xeomin for prevention of wrinkles. Also sunscreen like many mentioned is a must, but this is just a prevention for sun damage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 am      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:

Proof?The rising of sunblock use went along with the rising of skin cancer.I am not debating on poisons.

no, its not the rise in sunblock casing skincancer, it's the rise in tanning beds usage! anyways, you have a right to your opinion.....

also, imo, people should avoid chemical sunblocks and use physical ones..
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Those that get skin cancer are more prone to not wear sunblock. Also, with the rapid environmental destruction since the industrial revolution, that has thinned the ozone layer allowing the Uv rays to penetrate through more powerfully thus increasing the chances of skin cancer which is why we need to wear protection even more. We can also find the correlation between the time of the industrial revolution and skin cancer.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your advice. I think genetics do play a huge role because I have friends who are sun worshipers and their skin looks nice and plump. I will look into thermage and ultherapy. Thanks everyone Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |