Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

juvederm VOLUMA for cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Orchidée

Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody! I'm new here ( and a french canadian so please excuse my english!) :oops
I would like to know if Juvederm VOLUMA is a good product for cheek enhancement ? I have read that some of you have tried it but I am curious to know if you are still happy with the results and how long it has lasted for you? Was it worth it?

I'm turning 39 in a few days and I feel like my cheeks are looking a little deflated in the middle part. I still look 10 years younger than my age but my cheeks are beginning to give me a tired look.I have high cheek bones so I don't want too much product there. I would like to have VOLUMA placed more in the apple of the cheek......anyway, I have lots of questions for you...please answer me! Smile
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I live in the UK and had Juvederm Voluma for cheeks and under eye hollows in September last year and I love it!

I've always had a slim face with great, defined cheekbones when I was younger but always had quite pronounced eye hollows, which I had to try to cover with concealer. As I got older, the hollows got more pronounced and my cheeks flattened and in artificial light, especially, all the dark shadowing under the eyes and cheeks was making me look older than I feel - I'm nearly 62.

I couldn't be happier with the results from Voluma - it's given me back my cheeks but very soft and natural and the under eye hollows have all but disappeared and blended in. It saves me a fortune on concealer!

I still use good skincare so my skin quality is very good but the greatest skincare in the world can't replace lost volume.

All I would say is to make sure you go to a really experienced doctor who specializes in these procedures, particularly for tear troughs under the eye. I also wanted someone who is acknowledged to have expert injection techniques and an aesthetic eye. I did loads of research before deciding who to go and travelled to London to get it done. The whole procedure was painless and I had no bruising at all. Amazing!

I wish I'd had it done sooner. It's been 8 months now and it's still looking great. I'm definitely going to go back for more and will find the money to maintain it by cutting back on other things. It's made a huge difference to me and I couldn't be happier with the whole experience.

Hope this helps you and good luck if you decide to get it done.
Orchidée

Fri May 31, 2013 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the reply tefla! Smile So it's been eight months now since you had the voluma injected and you still see results? wow!

I have an appointment next thursday ( june 6 ) and I'm so anxious and scared! The dr. I've chosen has 30 years of experience...I hope she is talented!!!! I'm nervous because 3 years ago, I went to see a really popular dr ( who injects local tv stars ) to have my nasolabial injected and the results were so so.....and I had a lump who is still there 3 years later...so now, I don't trust any doctors.

The thing that scares me most is the injection in the tear troughs under the eye. I know they have to inject some HA there to avoid pronounced eye hollows after the injection of voluma in the cheeks but I've read ssssooooo many horror stories about this injection. That scares me way more than the cheek injection. Crying or Very sad
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Orchidee

I do know what you mean about some of the horror stories you can read about tear trough filler from lumps to blindness in extreme cases. I researched it for ages and like you got very scared by some of the cases I read about so I made sure I chose someone who had many years' experience doing fillers and who had before and after pictures of her own patients before I took the plunge.

My doctor did my cheeks first with juvederm and then I went back about 5 weeks later and she put
some restylane, not juverderm, to blend in the
tear troughs. Although I would have liked them done at the same time as the cheek filler, I could understand why it makes sense to let the cheeks settle first.

I trust her implicitly as she is very experienced and never overfills but aims for a subtle and natural result. With tear troughs, I think, like you, that you have to be very careful who you choose and I would only go to a qualified very
experienced doctor who understands the facial anatomy very well.

Good fillers are totally down to the skill of the injector, in my opinion. And, as I said before, the procedures weren't painful. I'd imagined it would be - especially under the eyes where the skin is thin - but it really wasn't.

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes.
Orchidée

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Update! I finally had Fortelis ( she said she has better results with Fortelis ) injected in my cheeks ( only a 1/2cc on one side and a little bit more on the other side ) The result is AMAZING!!!!!! It gives my cheeks such a beautiful and natural plumping! I look so much better, less tired looking and also younger. I can't believe the difference it does to my face! It has been 2 weeks now and I 100% satisfied. Smile
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Can you post photos? I'd love to see how this looks.
Miffny
5% products discount

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Be careful I had Juvederm Ultra Plus twice than Voluma to which I had a terrible allergic reaction big hard painful lumps that had to be injected with hyaluronidase at sites it had migrated to now I can never have fillers again as the surgeon said the reaction & migration could cause anaphylaxis I had it originally in nasolabial folds it went right down my neck took 8 months to finally dissipate.Apparently there are a few Women now with Voluma problems I am not the 1st.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Miffny wrote:
Be careful I had Juvederm Ultra Plus twice than Voluma to which I had a terrible allergic reaction big hard painful lumps that had to be injected with hyaluronidase at sites it had migrated to now I can never have fillers again as the surgeon said the reaction & migration could cause anaphylaxis I had it originally in nasolabial folds it went right down my neck took 8 months to finally dissipate.Apparently there are a few Women now with Voluma problems I am not the 1st.

Miffny, very sorry to hear about your bad reaction, but thanks so much for posting. I know bad reactions to filler are pretty rare, but this sounds like a nightmare for you.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sylvester Stallone's mother had Juvederm. Shock
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2344774/Jackie-Stallone-reveals-plastic-surgery-regrets-suffering-heart-attack.html
Miffny
5% products discount

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Miffny wrote:

Miffny, very sorry to hear about your bad reaction, but thanks so much for posting. I know bad reactions to filler are pretty rare, but this sounds like a nightmare for you.

Thanks so much for the kind words it was a nightmare & a very costly one too Sad the surgeon offered money back but had to contact allergan of course they said it was impossible so I never got a cent back but am glad it's all over & done with now never again . I using a Tua Viso /Tua Spa & lots of flex effect so all is good . Very Happy
Miffny
5% products discount

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 am      Reply with quote
[/quote]

Miffny, very sorry to hear about your bad reaction, but thanks so much for posting. I know bad reactions to filler are pretty rare, but this sounds like a nightmare for you.[/quote]

Thanks so much for the kind words it was a nightmare & a very costly one too Sad the surgeon offered money back but had to contact allergan of course they said it was impossible so I never got a cent back but am glad it's all over & done with now never again . I using a Tua Viso /Tua Spa & lots of flex effect so all is good . Very Happy
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Tefla who is your doctor in London? I have a friend in London who might be interested and I might be.

Also what is the cost? I paid $2000 for two vials of Restylane, spaced out over several weeks. I'm currently letting my tear troughs get hollow again from the last injections last year which did not turn out well. I have an appt. in August in Beverly Hills to see someone else recommended on this forum. He charges similar to what I paid BUT if London is cheaper, I may wait till fall when I was planning a vacation to see my friend and we could both get it done then.
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SoftSkin

Her name is Tracy Mountford and she runs the Cosmetic Skin Clinic based outside London but she currently does one day a week (Thursday) in London.

She is hugely experienced and has wonderful injecting skills and an excellent artistic eye for the facial anatomy to judge the finished look and to give a fantastic natural result.

It didn't hurt and I had virtually no bruising on the cheeks and none at all in the tear troughs. She's a very busy lady who also lectures and does demonstrations at cosmetic conferences in the UK and Europe but most of her time is spent practising her art and personally, I can't praise her highly enough. I did loads of research before I chose her and I really feel that paid off.

Regarding the cost, I paid about £1,300 to have Juvederm Voluma in my cheeks and tear troughs - I think it was 3 vials in all. Also, I had it done last September and it's still looking very good - will go back in August for a top up.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I found her on youtube. I like her manner. Thanks for the information!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e0Ox6ZrC5I
Bride777

Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:50 am      Reply with quote
That is too expensive. Where on this great earth do you live?
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
When you think about cost, many spend this kind of money on designer handbags that will go out of style. I think your face (if you want to maintain a youthful appearance) shouldn't go cheap

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |