Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I HATE SUNSCREEN! Do I really have to wear as much...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 4:25 am      Reply with quote
as is recommended? I an extremely sensitive to sunscreen...can't use Mexoryl or Avobenzone, and I'm extremely sun sensitive. I use either Kabana Skin Care Green Screen (tinted) or Livestrong Thinksport. I also put on the recommended amounts (1/4 tsp for face and neck, 1 tsp for chest, arms, and legs) and, since it's a field day at school today, I made sure that I am well-covered (and brought extra). Well, not only does this stuff not dry, but it's now all over the inside of my black car (black interior). You can see everywhere where I have placed or bumped my arms and legs! It's an hour after I applied this gunk and it's still coming off!

I also can't scratch my face because the sunscreen comes off!

Does anyone have any helpful hints to stop this from happening? Also, does anyone know of a chemical sunscreen without Avobenzone that is totally effective against UVA?

Help!!!!!
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I actually dislike sunscreen too...so I try to pick up things with UV protection in them already..like UV lotion thats my first rec.

you can also try Zinc Oxide,lotion or powder form,and then theres raspberry oil,sorta expensive though
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I do use zinc oxide based sunscreens, but that are what got all over my car! lol

I can only use physical sunscreens, but they are very messy and too expensive!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I also only use physical sunscreens, tried many different brands and have not found an ideal one yet... I just ordered this one today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JUY38I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews are very good, it's supposed me v light n no white cast.. so i ll see....
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I also only use physical sunscreens, tried many different brands and have not found an ideal one yet... I just ordered this one today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JUY38I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews are very good, it's supposed me v light n no white cast.. so i ll see....

That looks pretty promising. Please let em know how you like it. I'm going to try Babo Botanicals Clear Zinc and see how that goes.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Daler & Bullet, if those sunscreens don't work out you can try EltaMD Physical. It is tinted which I'm not crazy about but it the best physical sunscreen I have found so far. Please let me know how you like the ones you are trying out. Thanks

http://www.eltamd.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bullet and Cookie, yes, I ll keep u guys updated, I rarely get email updates for eds threads, so feel free to PM me if u dont hear from on here...

In past, I have used NiA24's and neutrogena's all physical sunblocks for years n they both leave a slight whiteness on the skin, I managed that to an extent by adding lycopene but now I just want a different one.. I hope skinceutical ones does not give me a pasty white look!

How is this issue with, EltaMD and Babo Botonicals?

Thank you
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Loreal UV Perfect spf 50 has both the mexoryl filters and tinosorb s minus the avobenzone.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
Loreal UV Perfect spf 50 has both the mexoryl filters and tinosorb s minus the avobenzone.

Mexoryl is available on a very limited basis in the US, but Tinsorb is not and I can't find any place that sells to the US. Any ideas?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried ebay? Many retailers from Asia list their items on there.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:

Yes, I do check Ebay..for some reason the pickings have been pretty slim there lately. I did just get the Babo Botanical sunscreen today. It seems good for facial use as it went onto the back of my hand clear, but it's too expensive to use everywhere. I may buy some Coppertone Pure And free lotion and add a bit of micronized zinc into it to bring it up to a 22-25%.

I have purchased every physical sunscreen that rated excellent in the UVA blocking category! I'm testing each out to see which ones like the best and will continue to buy those, The "losers" will get used up somewhere along the line. So far I have tried 5...and like 2.

I used one today for the first time that was about the same as using Elmer's Glue...dried really quickly and with a matte finish, but dried white and sticky (my long hair stuck to my face throughout the day. Plus, I had to cover it with Avene's tinted compact sunscreen. That one will be used for the backs of my hands...much more tolerable there.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
LondonJamie wrote:

Yes, I do check Ebay..for some reason the pickings have been pretty slim there lately. I did just get the Babo Botanical sunscreen today. It seems good for facial use as it went onto the back of my hand clear, but it's too expensive to use everywhere. I may buy some Coppertone Pure And free lotion and add a bit of micronized zinc into it to bring it up to a 22-25%.

I have purchased every physical sunscreen that rated excellent in the UVA blocking category! I'm testing each out to see which ones like the best and will continue to buy those, The "losers" will get used up somewhere along the line. So far I have tried 5...and like 2.

I used one today for the first time that was about the same as using Elmer's Glue...dried really quickly and with a matte finish, but dried white and sticky (my long hair stuck to my face throughout the day. Plus, I had to cover it with Avene's tinted compact sunscreen. That one will be used for the backs of my hands...much more tolerable there.

Babo Botanicals sunscreen is great for sun exposure, but I wouldn't recommend it for every day use...it actually had the same ingredients as the "gluey" sunscreen plus apple juice. In the amount you have to use for outside exposure it is very tacky and sticky as well. It appears to have a lot of staying power, but is too sticky for daily use. My current daily favorite is Cerave SPF 30 suncreen. Much easier to rub in than Babo . Babo also dries way too quickly to get rid of all of the white.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:

Babo Botanicals sunscreen is great for sun exposure, but I wouldn't recommend it for every day use...it actually had the same ingredients as the "gluey" sunscreen plus apple juice. In the amount you have to use for outside exposure it is very tacky and sticky as well. It appears to have a lot of staying power, but is too sticky for daily use. My current daily favorite is Cerave SPF 30 suncreen. Much easier to rub in than Babo . Babo also dries way too quickly to get rid of all of the white.

Thanks for reporting back on the Babo sunscreen Bullet. It sounds like I can scratch another one off the list to try. Are you looking for a face or body sunscreen? One I have tried for the body that certainly isn't a holy grail but is better then most and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg is Green Goddess sunscreen. A couple tubes I have gotten had little white bits so you have to make sure you shake it up each time before use. It also can start to dry out and change consistency if you don't use it up fast enough. The Whole Foods around me sell it so you might be able to sample it there. I wouldn't use this on my face though. Just on my body. They do also sell a baby version that has 20% zinc but it is much thicker.

http://www.goddessgarden.com/p-3-natural-sunscreen-spf-30-6-oz.aspx

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bullet875 wrote:

Thanks for reporting back on the Babo sunscreen Bullet. It sounds like I can scratch another one off the list to try. Are you looking for a face or body sunscreen? One I have tried for the body that certainly isn't a holy grail but is better then most and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg is Green Goddess sunscreen. A couple tubes I have gotten had little white bits so you have to make sure you shake it up each time before use. It also can start to dry out and change consistency if you don't use it up fast enough. The Whole Foods around me sell it so you might be able to sample it there. I wouldn't use this on my face though. Just on my body. They do also sell a baby version that has 20% zinc but it is much thicker.

Thanks Cookie, I'll have to give that a try!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
CookieD wrote:
bullet875 wrote:

Thanks Cookie, I'll have to give that a try!

I did try the facial sunscreen from Green Goddess. I would not recommend it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I just tried the new Cerave sunscreen SPF 30....even after letting it sit for 30 minutes on my skin...still white, like all the others. I think that maybe my problem is that I need to mix a little mineral makeup into the sunscreen to tint it and make it like foundation. From what I understand, this is OK to do because it doesn't cut the sunscreen protection that much. I'm going to look for directions on how to do this online.

That being said, currently my favorite sunscreen is Kabana Skin care's Green Screen's Nude tinted sunscreen. It is a little light for me, but at least it's not white and it seems to give my skin a nice color . I even have received compliments on how nice my skin has looked (even covers most dark spots!) However, it is very shiny and I have to use a mineral powder after it has absorbed to matte the shine down a little. I think this is the one I will probably stay with for every day. I also like the Live strong SPF 50 sunscreens...will probably mix some mineral powder into the sunscreen to tint it.

All physical sunscreens appear to be very difficult to wash off. I have started pre-washing with DHC Cleaning oil and then using J&J Purpose face wash for Sensitive skin to remove traces of oil (I use Retin A..can't have the extra oil on my face to block the Retin A action.)
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:41 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
I just tried the new Cerave sunscreen SPF 30....even after letting it sit for 30 minutes on my skin...still white, like all the others. I think that maybe my problem is that I need to mix a little mineral makeup into the sunscreen to tint it and make it like foundation. From what I understand, this is OK to do because it doesn't cut the sunscreen protection that much. I'm going to look for directions on how to do this online.

That being said, currently my favorite sunscreen is Kabana Skin care's Green Screen's Nude tinted sunscreen. It is a little light for me, but at least it's not white and it seems to give my skin a nice color . I even have received compliments on how nice my skin has looked (even covers most dark spots!) However, it is very shiny and I have to use a mineral powder after it has absorbed to matte the shine down a little. I think this is the one I will probably stay with for every day. I also like the Live strong SPF 50 sunscreens...will probably mix some mineral powder into the sunscreen to tint it.

All physical sunscreens appear to be very difficult to wash off. I have started pre-washing with DHC Cleaning oil and then using J&J Purpose face wash for Sensitive skin to remove traces of oil (I use Retin A..can't have the extra oil on my face to block the Retin A action.)

OK, the sunscreen saga continues. I have actually found a sunscreen (after purchasing darn near 30 differnt sunscreens) that is great for every day and a no-makeup look. Juice Beauty Sport Moisturzer has an SPF of 30 and a UVA excellent rating on EWG. It is slightly tinted and goes on whitish and thick, but really absorbs in well. My favoritte fully tinted sunscreen is Kabana Sinkcare Green Screen, my favorite SPF 50 is the Livestrong Think lines, and my favorite SPF 30 plain physical sunscreen is Raw Elements. I am using Babo Botanicals on my hands because it is thick and very water resistant compared to the others and it has lightened two age spots that I had on my right hand...and 2 days! I've also noticed that since I switched from my Cerave moisturizer to a physical sunscreen, the age spots on my face have lightened considerably...and 2-3 days! Is that even possible or is it a psychological thing..lol?

Also, a good physical SPF 30 body sunscreen is a hand-made product from a company called Healing Scents. The sunscreen is top rated on EWG. It has a bit of tint so it doesn't look 100% white when you put it on.
havana8

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Consonant's The Perfect Sunscreen SPF 30?

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6%; Zinc Oxide 10%.
Ingredients: Reverse Osmosis Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Isoamyl Laurate, Olea Europaea, Ginkgo Biloba, Calendulla Officinalis, Hippophae Rhamnoides, Curcuma Longa, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glucose, Lactoperoxidase and Glucose Oxidase, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Xanthan Gum, Mauritia Flexuosa Oil, Golden Bronze Mica Powder, Yellow Iron Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Tapioca Starch, Red Iron Oxide, Black Iron Oxide.

http://www.consonantbody.com/products_en_1_10_0_0_0-Sun-Care.php
moojja

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for bullet875.

For Kabana Sinkcare Green Screen, what do you think on the water resistance of this product? I mostly use sunscreen for sports, and I sweat a lot.

For Raw Elements, is it very greasy? Or does it sink into the skin and dry eventually. I have the same question for Babo Botanicals.

I'm currently using Burnout, which I think is very good. But I want to use one that has a higher percent Zinc Oxide in it.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:06 am      Reply with quote
moojja wrote:
I have a question for bullet875.

For Kabana Sinkcare Green Screen, what do you think on the water resistance of this product? I mostly use sunscreen for sports, and I sweat a lot.

For Raw Elements, is it very greasy? Or does it sink into the skin and dry eventually. I have the same question for Babo Botanicals.

I'm currently using Burnout, which I think is very good. But I want to use one that has a higher percent Zinc Oxide in it.

It's hard to say about the water resistance. Kabana doesn't test for water resistance, and, in my experience, it soaks in somewhat, but also tends to sit more on the face than the other sunscreens. If you have ever used the Livestrong sunscreens they are very similar. Raw Elements is heavier too, but I have dry skin so it works for me. It is similar to the Green Screen. Raw Elements' website says that it is water and sweat resistant for 80 minutes and can be reapplied to wet skin. Babo Botanicals drys very quickly and is water/sweat resistant for 40 minutes. This is the lightest of the three sunscreens.

Raw Elements and Babo also make sunscreen sticks that might work better for you than the creams, though I have Raw Elements' stick and it can be hard to apply if at a cool room temp (under 80-85 degrees).RE is also coming out with a tinted stick.

I hope that this helps to answer your questions!
jacksonbird03

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
How zinc oxide helps in making skin better for sun burn,,,
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
daler, did you have a chance to try it Question

daler wrote:

daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

Ok, so this is horrible!!!! This made my " normal " skin ultra dry, itchy and red only after 3 times of use and all this in this humid summer month of June!!!! However it is very light, almost like water n no white residue.. it's choke full of chemicals to make it this light...

I tried to return it but the seller declined, I complained to amazon n they said they ll take of it.. but in my experience it's a horrible sunblock, I dunno how it got tons of great reviews on amazon....

going back to my Nia24 for now... in fact wearing it right now n feels heavenly after this experience.. lol..
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no! The Skinceutical was the one sunblock I was desperate to try. Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to it.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Oh no! The Skinceutical was the one sunblock I was desperate to try. Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction to it.
SC has many different sunblcoks, I just tried this, one shown in the link in my post above...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |