Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Favorite Quotes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
"Never argue with a fool. The spectators cant tell the difference."

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Mae West

Another from Mae:

Quote:
Save a boyfriend for a rainy day - and another, in case it doesn't rain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 am      Reply with quote
My personal mantra:
"I live in my own little world. It's okay, they know me there".
But my favorite is by Maya Angelou:
"People may forget what you say but they will never forget how you made them feel."
May not be the exact word for word, but basically that is it in a nutshell.
I try to remember that here in the forum as well (or anywhere in a text, email, online). Do not hide behind your words, pretend you are face to face. Would you say the same things?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
"Molon Labe."
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
"Molon Labe."

Μολών λαβέ.

-------------------------------------------

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
panoslydios wrote:
Yubs wrote:
"Molon Labe."

Μολών λαβέ.

-------------------------------------------

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

I didn't know this window would take those Hellenic characters. Thanks panos. That's better.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
This one comes in handy (some of the time Very Happy ..)

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

--Abraham Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkmC1fYSUCE

and its derivative -

You can fool some of the people some of the time……(but ya can’t fool mom.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7tLOPBPppU
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
If your at a poker table for more then five minutes and you can't tell who the sucker is, it's probably you.

What if hokey pokey really IS what life is all about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." ... Helen Keller

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, LOL! Laughing

I also kind of like what Kassy has in her signature line. I was trying to think of whose line that was just this morning. I don't have one of those things, either.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Cookie, LOL! Laughing

I also kind of like what Kassy has in her signature line. I was trying to think of whose line that was just this morning. I don't have one of those things, either.

LOL.. That siggy line is compliments of "Wilma Flintstone."

I'm thinking of taking it out though and putting in my daughters websites.. Seems folks are allowed to advertise with reckless abandon these days... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

LOL.. That siggy line is compliments of "Wilma Flintstone."

I'm thinking of taking it out though and putting in my daughters websites.. Seems folks are allowed to advertise with reckless abandon these days... Laughing

Do both. There's room. I like it, it fits, wouldn't take it out.

I also like that sig line that I think Keliu has about the new miracle cream that gets rid of wrinkles...you smear on the mirror. Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! Leave it to Keliu to always give us a good hearty belly laugh.. Laughing

VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
"Never argue with a fool. The spectators cant tell the difference."

teeheeheehee Laughing
This made me chuckle.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh thank you, one and all for this!

You have made my day today!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

~Albert Einstein

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
"Live up to the light that you have and more will be given to you" is a familiar Quaker saying.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
This is my collection. Enjoy Smile

“ Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of 80 and gradually approach 18. ”

— Mark Twain

“ The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run. ”

— John Barrymore

“ Whatever you have, you must either use or lose. ”

— Henry Ford

“ Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

“ Wishes cost nothing unless you want them to come true. ”

— Frank Tyger

“ There are no ugly women, only lazy ones. ”

— Helena Rubenstein

"Americans will always do the right thing—after they’ve exhausted all the alternatives."

—Winston Churchill

“ Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing it is always from the noblest motive. ”

— Oscar Wilde

" Most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. ”

— Abraham Lincoln

“ Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there. ”

— Mark Twain

“ Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children. ”

— Lilliam Holstein

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."

— Aristotle

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

— Thomas Jefferson

"It's not in the news, it's all in the delivery".

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt. ”

— Bertrand Russell

“ Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ”

— Oscar Wilde

“ He that has no patience has nothing at all. ”

— Italian Proverb

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”

– Albert Einstein

“We see the world, not as it is, but as we are”

– Talmud

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"

-Albert Einstein

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
"A place for everything and everything in its place"

My Economics Teacher

Think about this quote when you can't find your scissors. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
YB, really like the quote from Jefferson. Something to keep in mind as our current crop of pols tries to monitor and control our salt, fat, sugar, soda, etc., intake.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks fawnie, I have so many favorites, most from Nietsche, Buddha, Jung, Rilke, Christ, many female writers...two spring to mind at this very moment:

"And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life." - JK Rowling

"In Vino, Veritas" - Latin phrase (in wine, there is truth!)

BFG

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Came across this old fave again today:

"Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”

Robert Heinlein
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Or you can say it this way:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
- Margaret Mead

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
But change is an ambiguous word. Sometimes things change for the better...or sometimes things just change.

One time I got this fortune in a cookie from a Chinese restaurant. It said: "Your luck changed completely today."

None of us really take stuff like that seriously, but it was more interesting than the usual fortune. My first thought upon reading that was "Yay!! Goody! My luck has changed!"

Then I stopped. Wait a minute. My luck isn't really all that bad. I'm healthy, productive, reasonably prosperous, got a secure job, I'm not too ugly, etc. I don't get everything I want but who does? Is change something I really want? Which way is the change going to go...? And so on. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Small committed groups are not always invested in change for the general good...sometimes it's change for the betterment of themselves and to heck with everyone else. Sad but true. Personally, I like my change spelled out a little more explicitly from small, committed groups.

But I do like that quote. Within the caveat that the groups are working for the general good, it's a very good one.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
There are so many quotes and poems I had collected/saved over the years but much to my horror I seem to no longer have that treasured record. I suspect the file in which I had them saved was accidentally deleted since I cannot find it. Sad Sadly I didn't know a lot of them by heart, nor can I remember those I knew on command. So I am thankful for this thread as it has given me material for my new collection.

Anyway, every now and then, a quote I knew or part of it will come to mind as just happened now. This little verse is one of those I know by heart. I learned it way back in elementary school when I came across it in one of our English class textbooks:

"He who knows and knows he knows,
He is a wise man; seek him.

He who knows and knows not he knows,
He is asleep; wake him.

He who knows not and knows he knows not,
He is a child; teach him.

He who knows not and knows not he knows not,
He is a fool; shun him."
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |