Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Including a toner in my routine--suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

As I'm révising my routine a little I would like to include a nice toner.

I would like a gentle one that would contains nice resplenishing ingrediants.

Any suggestion ?

43 mixt to normal skin, using, vit C, retinol serum few times a week, AHA-BHA a couple times a week, moisturizer CeraVe alterning with moisturizer with Matrixyl. Of course sun protection every from 15 to 50, most often 30.

Thanks,

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Here is what I wrote on another thread about MY personal favorite toner:

AngelaE8654 wrote:
My all time FAVORITE toner is the UNT Prodige Pro-Youth Tonic Plant Stem Cell Rejuvenating Toner. This is because it contains:

They further encapsulate genistein in liposome to ensure that maximum benefits of the PRODIGE ensemble are delivered to the targeted skin layers.

http://www.amazon.com/UNT-Prodige-Pro-Youth-Tonic-Rejuvenating/dp/B005N6WUAY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1H3VQIIH4S4OM&coliid=IHR8FIDHB4Z0C

This type of a formulation has been proven to thicken skin:

Quote:
Study on the Efficacy of Liposomal Genistein in an Anti-Aging Formulation:

A cream containing 90 mg/kg genistein, encapsulated into lecithin liposomes, was tested in a study with 20 women between age 55 and 64. The product was applied twice daily on the inner side of the forearm.

The same cream without genistein served as a control. Several skin parameters were measured after 2 and 3 months of product application, including skin thickness by ultrasonic measurement, skin firmness by cutometry, skin roughness by a digital micromirror device and skin hydration by corneometry. All skin parameters were determined 8 to 12 hours after the last product application.

After 3 months, skin thickness in subjects using the genistein cream had increased by 11 %. In comparison, skin thickness in subjects using the
control cream did not change significantly (Figure 4).

http://www.mibellebiochemistry.com/pdfs/Use_of_Soy_Isoflavones_for_Stimulation_of_Skin_Collagen_Synthesis_CosmeticsDesign_February_2008.pdf

Notice that this toner also uses "The powerful plant stem cell from Uttwiler Spätlauber [which] awakens aged skin's vitality to generate new skin tissues". This is a HUGE new thing nowadays; the skin cream that Michelle Obama uses that contains it costs over $350 a jar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 am      Reply with quote
What is your goal with wanting to adding a toner? I use Paula's Choice earth source toner. For me its soothing/hydrating.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I like Shira Organics Pomegranate toner. it has a lotof great ingredients and is very gentle.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 am      Reply with quote
M'y goal with a toner is to ad some resplenishing ingrediant in my skin routine since I use a lot of exfoliating products.

I just added Cerave to get some ceramides.

None of my products have a nice smell... So maybe if the toner has a nice fresh smell from some flowers oil it would be great.

Maybe, I'm being picky with the smell criterion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
I like Shira Organics Pomegranate toner. it has a lotof great ingredients and is very gentle.

Does it smell nice ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Derma E's pycnogenol toner has gotten a lot of good reviews:

http://www.vitacost.com/derma-e-soothing-toner-with-pycnogenol-6-fl-oz
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Witch hazel is cheap and natural, used for hundreds of years. Get it at RiteAid, CVS or similar places.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Witch hazel is cheap and natural, used for hundreds of years. Get it at RiteAid, CVS or similar places.

That's true. Witch Hazel is a great toner and is very inexpensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
AngelaE8654 wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

That's true. Witch Hazel is a great toner and is very inexpensive.

I'm amazed that Paula Begoun dislikes witch hazel so much.
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:19 am      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
bullet875 wrote:

Does it smell nice ?

Yes, very "pomegranatey' if that makes any sense. However, it is a light smell..not super heavy or overpowering.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:16 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

Thats because it often has a high alcohol content.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:40 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

Thats because it often has a high alcohol content.

According to beautypedia:

Notwithstanding the alcohol, witch hazel also has a high tannin content and contains a fragrant chemical named eugenol--which are thought to be irritants.

Link: http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/witch-hazel
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
You can find witch hazel without alcohol or with very little. Most other toners all have alcohol which is why I never used one until I found witch hazel. I have oily skin and use it midday to wipe off my face.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Finally got around to reading the label on my Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel: Natural Grain Alcohol 14% and Witch Hazel Extract. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=37272&catid=190119&aid=338666&aparam=40354655929id37272&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

From the Aubrey Organics website:
"Natural grain alcohol (ethanol), a liquid solvent alcohol, is naturally obtained through the fermenting of carbohydrates from grain (corn) and does not contain gluten (a common allergen). NGA has antiseptic, sedative and blood vessel dilation properties, and acts as an effective preservative booster and binding agent, as well as an astringent in toners. NGA, emollients and herbal extracts used proportionately in formulation ensure that products will not cause dryness or sensitivity to the user. NGA is gentle on the skin, hair and scalp, unlike isopropyl alcohol, which is produced from petrochemicals."
zoebig
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution

The only down side is the price.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |