Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For the dedicated dermaroller/ Dermapen/SkinPen user
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
For those of us that have been doing micro-needling, when do you stop?

For those that have done 5-6 medium depth rolls (2mm over acne scars), what do you do after you have done 5 or so in a year? Most of the info I have seen is to do a series of 6. But what do you do after 6? Never roll again? Wait a year? Wait 3 months and then do more?

Thanks for the help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I did a series of 6 this year and will do another series of 6 probably starting in spring. That will be around 9 or 10 months from my last roll.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I did a series of six this year - roughly four weeks apart. My last roll was at the end of May. I plan to start again in December and right now I am thinking of doing 4 to 6 pen treatments spaced 2 to 3 months apart and maybe keep the needle depth a little lower (between .5 and 1.0)
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 am      Reply with quote
After all the rolling you guys have done, what kind of changes have you seen? I just did my first one last weekend.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
After all the rolling you guys have done, what kind of changes have you seen? I just did my first one last weekend.

I do believe that needling has made my skin thicker and more elastic. It has also reduced fine lines. My skin looks great – color, tone, texture are all good, but my face is still lacking volume. The miracles (for me, I am 61 years old) tend to come with the use of filler and the dermapen treatments have probably allowed me to achieve better results with much less product.
Kittenish

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

A dermatologist's site that I saw recently recommends 'dermapen' treatments for problems like acne scarring to be done at two week intervals & stretch mark treatments at three week intervals, which is clearly different from the general anti-ageing treatment time frame of aprox. 4-6 weeks. I also recall seeing a hypertrophic scar being treated weekly, I think. Given that presumably the goal here would be to strike the right balance between scar tissue removal & subsequent regeneration of healthier looking tissue, does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with these shorter treatment protocols on these more challenging issues?

Thank you Smile
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
leathal wrote:

I do believe that needling has made my skin thicker and more elastic. It has also reduced fine lines. My skin looks great – color, tone, texture are all good, but my face is still lacking volume. The miracles (for me, I am 61 years old) tend to come with the use of filler and the dermapen treatments have probably allowed me to achieve better results with much less product.

I just turned 61 this week. Although in the past I have had a mini lift and laser resurfacing..probably been 8 years, I believe in preventative. But, the little lines are creaping in plus a little drooping on one side. I have had 2 VI Peels and just want a little tightening and to get rid of the lines showing. I hope this works. Now everyone will find this funny. My first treatment, I couldn't see the setting on the needles, so I numbed up and just went to it. Later I seen the setting in the bright light and it was at a 2! No wonder I had some bleeding...LOL I may do another at 3 weeks, then wait for the following treatment a little longer.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've done about 4 rolls so far. I was planning on doing them for 18 months continuously at 6 week intervals (1-1.5mm)as I read somewhere (sorry can't provide link as it's from purely from memory) that some people should roll for over a year to see results. Is this not a good idea, should I have a break after a year or can I continue to do 8-9 rolls in the 18 months timeframe I have given myself.?? Bit confused now after reading your post.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
What I have read (and like you, not sure where I read it) that you can see results up to a year after your first roll/pen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
leathal wrote:

I think you have a good plan. Needling is good for collagen induction but it can't help with bone loss, muscle degradation or fat loss. It is just one piece of the puzzle, but starting with good skin makes fixing the other things a bit easier. If I could turn back time I think I would have started with needling in my late thirties and done maybe 4 treatments a year.
I just turned 61 this week. Although in the past I have had a mini lift and laser resurfacing..probably been 8 years, I believe in preventative. But, the little lines are creaping in plus a little drooping on one side. I have had 2 VI Peels and just want a little tightening and to get rid of the lines showing. I hope this works. Now everyone will find this funny. My first treatment, I couldn't see the setting on the needles, so I numbed up and just went to it. Later I seen the setting in the bright light and it was at a 2! No wonder I had some bleeding...LOL I may do another at 3 weeks, then wait for the following treatment a little longer.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, the above message should read as follows:

leathal wrote:

I think you have a good plan. Needling is good for collagen induction but it can't help with bone loss, muscle degradation or fat loss. It is just one piece of the puzzle, but starting with good skin makes fixing the other things a bit easier. If I could turn back time I think I would have started with needling in my late thirties and done maybe 4 treatments a year.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |