Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How to use ultrasound device ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mahujadiguru

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:38 am      Reply with quote
1) what is the steps involved ?

When I using ultrasound gel, I don't get electric shock.... But, when I use ampoule, I get electric shock when using ultrosound device...

Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 am      Reply with quote
What device are you using?
mahujadiguru

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I am actually using a Taiwanese brand home Ultrasound machine.

I would like to know the steps involved. Rolling Eyes ???
Step 1. a cleansed face
2. apply serum/ampoule on face
3. apply ultrasound gel and massage wit the
machine
4. wipe off /cleanse

Is this the correct procedures ?? Do I still need to use ultrasound gel after using serum ? But, I get electric shock feel on face if use without ultrasound gel...

I don't understand why cleanse after all this ? Isn't it wasting the serum ?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Is it also a galvanic device, or just ultrasound?
mahujadiguru

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Is it also a galvanic device, or just ultrasound?

It is just ultrasound which cost less than $100
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have never felt any electrical current while using ultrasound...I would question if it is calibrated correctly.

The purpose of ultrasound is to basically separate cells a bit (called cavitation) to increase penetration of actives. The ultrasound gel is designed to increase the contact between the device and the skin, and should be applied over the actives that you want to penetrate. when you are done you wash off the gel.

However, some products are designed to conduct the waves and not have to be washed off. That may be the case with your ampoules. But if you are feeling zapping without the gel, I would use the gel.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
mahujadiguru wrote:
I am actually using a Taiwanese brand home Ultrasound machine.

I would like to know the steps involved. Rolling Eyes ???
Step 1. a cleansed face
2. apply serum/ampoule on face
3. apply ultrasound gel and massage wit the
machine
4. wipe off /cleanse

Is this the correct procedures ?? Do I still need to use ultrasound gel after using serum ? But, I get electric shock feel on face if use without ultrasound gel...

I don't understand why cleanse after all this ? Isn't it wasting the serum ?

You should use the gel.
After you finish I would use a steaming towel on the face (like in a facial) after the procedure to remove the gel if that's what you want to do. This will hydrate and also help further improve results. The serum should be worked in by the ultrasound at this point. If the gel is meant to be left on you can do that too.

Maybe post this question on the Squoom thread. These units are very similar to the Squoom in looks and in what they are to do. Others could chime in and help you there. They may not 'see'you on this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Both Sis and I have the Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola, so I would feel comfortable that others will also chime in and help you here on this thread. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Btw, you are more than welcome to post on any ultrasound thread you like, and most of us will be happy to help you. At the end of the day, it is about making sure that members get help no matter what device they are using. Smile
mahujadiguru

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the advice Smile

The ultrasound gel didn't mentioned need to wash off... But, I still wash /wipe off due to its stickiness...
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a question for all you ultrasound users, especially those with dental background.

I recently had to get a titanium dental implant in my lower jaw. Is it safe to use ultrasound with the implant? Both during the 3 month healing period and after?

I asked the nurse in the Drs office and she said "I guess it is ok". It was obvious she had no idea what a facial ultrasound device was. I didn't feel a sense of confidence in her answer.

I have the same question about using microcurrent as well.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
I've got a question for all you ultrasound users, especially those with dental background.

I recently had to get a titanium dental implant in my lower jaw. Is it safe to use ultrasound with the implant? Both during the 3 month healing period and after?

I asked the nurse in the Drs office and she said "I guess it is ok". It was obvious she had no idea what a facial ultrasound device was. I didn't feel a sense of confidence in her answer.

I have the same question about using microcurrent as well.

FYI for anyone else who may have an implant - I saw my Dr today for a re-check and he confirmed that ultrasound is ok to use with an implant. So I'll be back to using my Merbe.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Shasta!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |