Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The woo of skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is perhaps a difficult area to discuss but I think it worthwhile to bring the subject up and in doing so I don't want to dissuade everyone from pursuing skincare and trying out new and different products. But, here is the problem I see in so many skincare forums...there is so much skincare that is purported to work even though there is no scientific proof behind it. So much of it is "rumored to work" or it has been "believed to work" or someone started to apply fish scales on their face or yeast in their face cream and then everyone starts to do the same thing even though there is no science behind it.

I've become more skeptical with age and a good portion of what's out there in the skincare world isn't scientifically studied nor is does it have any science behind it. Except for Retin-A and a few other products most of it is a rumor that starts and then everyone tries it out.

The facial detox thread below is perhaps a good example. Actually, I've been doing this for years and never have I felt that it was in any manner a detoxification of my face. Yeah, it is good for the face but detoxing? Sorry, I don't think so. I really think it's skincare woo or at the most a very over hyped technique.

Does anyone else find too much hype on skincare forums or am I a just too skeptical and a total fuddy-duddy? I will understand if you think I am.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I personally think you are exactly correct! So, I am a fuddy-duddy with you! Very Happy
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. Some of it works but about 90 plus percent of it is just wishful thinking. I also think that many of us, and I include myself in this, see results that aren't really there. I've tried a few different products and believe it's working but then I have to be brutally honest with myself. It's doing nothing.

The placebo effect of a skincare product or technique is so powerful I think it leads to self delusions or to be more precise, visual delusions.

It sucks!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeast 1,3 beta glucans in face cream actually DOES have some science behind it and works!
"The best human study is from the University of SC (Journal of
Pediatric Surgery v 36, 2001). Children with burn injuries were treated
with beta glucan bandage coverings. “Observed advantages (with beta
glucan) coverage include reduction of pain, improved healing, and better
scar appearance."
http://www.youngagain.org/books/betaglucan.pdf

More research was done by private companies and contained within manufacturer's claims tho.

And even things that dont have compelling double-blinded peer-reviewed scientific studies sometimes show surprising results for *someone*!

I dont read the Woo in the glossies so I dont know what crap the companies are putting out. I just experiment til I find what works for me!

eta: topicals can only take a person so far tho. There's no magic bullet for each and every one of us and I find it takes a combination of topicals and other modalities PLUS massage and exercise and nutrition to get good skin. And consistency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone else find too much hype on skincare forums

Unfortunately, yes and here we are called out for asking too many questions or expecting disclosure and back up for claims made.

Caveat emptor.

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Tiptoe, I think you at spot on. Look at almost any clinical study done on skincare. The person using the product will always score the results higher then an objective judge. A lot of times there will be little to no results but the study subjects will think the product is great. Unfortunately it is human nature. The placebo effect plays a huge part in the skincare industry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I agree with all the above. While I generally try to stick to products/devices with clinicals behind them (with a couple of exceptions), even they are still surrounded by never ending marketing hype (and I am a professional marketer, lol).

Don't forget that there is a whole class of undercover marketing called "forum marketing" and we are subject to it every day on every forum. Then there are the other forum members who mean well in sharing their praise, but are being rewarded with freebies. They may believe in the product, but they are also being "paid" to do so. You may recall the one good doctor who started a blog and began infiltrating skin forums (including EDS) long before he released his own product.

And then there is the placebo effect as mentioned...we shell out good money and really want to see some results (even when they aren't there, darn it). In effect we are drinking our own koolaid!

You basically have to pick apart every marketing ad, every study, and every opinion (including your own) and decide what works for you. That's pretty much all you can do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:27 am      Reply with quote
It is very irritating to me as well. I'm a poster child for skepticism and I don't understand why some people would believe every random article they read on the web.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I am inclined a bit here but also know that sometimes personal experience is important to share. We are all different and coming from different genes, backgrounds, lifestyles so for me sometimes even the “woo” claims whilst seeming to good to be true, can produce some great results. Yamuna Face Ball Rolling is one of those prime examples for me. It hasn’t got any real science studies behind it, but I saw an immediate effect from the 1st time I tried it, and its definitely been cumulative. Were I to wait for science studies on everything that I probably would still be only using Retin A now and nothing else. Studies are usually data that’s presented in a way to back up a theory, which may or may not be true. Even the pros argue amongst themselves about some things – like Retin A for example and daily use, every other night, starting off strength – so the “one study to rule them all” (sorry couldn’t resist) is never going to happen.

The facial detox I know and do sometimes but not all the time, but for me I wondered if part of the reason it was called detox was because in some ways it has a way of encouraging the circulation which in turn removes any toxin build ups. Same with Tanaka, it helps to move the face and the fluids in the face. Not a doctor so just guessing/thinking aloud.
Tiptoedancer wrote:
This is perhaps a difficult area to discuss but I think it worthwhile to bring the subject up and in doing so I don't want to dissuade everyone from pursuing skincare and trying out new and different products. But, here is the problem I see in so many skincare forums...there is so much skincare that is purported to work even though there is no scientific proof behind it. So much of it is "rumored to work" or it has been "believed to work" or someone started to apply fish scales on their face or yeast in their face cream and then everyone starts to do the same thing even though there is no science behind it.

I've become more skeptical with age and a good portion of what's out there in the skincare world isn't scientifically studied nor is does it have any science behind it. Except for Retin-A and a few other products most of it is a rumor that starts and then everyone tries it out.

The facial detox thread below is perhaps a good example. Actually, I've been doing this for years and never have I felt that it was in any manner a detoxification of my face. Yeah, it is good for the face but detoxing? Sorry, I don't think so. I really think it's skincare woo or at the most a very over hyped technique.

Does anyone else find too much hype on skincare forums or am I a just too skeptical and a total fuddy-duddy? I will understand if you think I am.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:03 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Yamuna Face Ball Rolling is one of those prime examples for me. It hasn’t got any real science studies behind it, but I saw an immediate effect from the 1st time I tried it, and its definitely been cumulative.

Messaging the ball over your face is going to increase blood circulation to the basal cell layer, and supply it with more nutrients etc. to grow. I don't know if that's enough to make permanent cosmetic changes, but at least there's something behind using it. I think this thread was started for ingredients and techniques that are obviously snake oil/bunk but people are still tricked by them.

I could be wrong, tho.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
Thank you. Some of it works but about 90 plus percent of it is just wishful thinking. I also think that many of us, and I include myself in this, see results that aren't really there.

The placebo effect of a skincare product or technique is so powerful I think it leads to self delusions or to be more precise, visual delusions.

It sucks!

Yes, I totally agree. I have thought this for years now. The placebo effect Is very powerful and I do believe you to be dead on that there is a lot of self delusion happening. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with someone feeling better about themselves due to whatever they are using. But there are no miracles out yet and we are all aging. Just a fact of life. Not saying I won't keep trying different things to slow down the inevitable but that is what aging is, inevitable! Smile I just tend to be more realistic now about my expectations.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Chlorophyll wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Yamuna Face Ball Rolling is one of those prime examples for me. It hasn’t got any real science studies behind it, but I saw an immediate effect from the 1st time I tried it, and its definitely been cumulative.

Messaging the ball over your face is going to increase blood circulation to the basal cell layer, and supply it with more nutrients etc. to grow. I don't know if that's enough to make permanent cosmetic changes, but at least there's something behind using it. I think this thread was started for ingredients and techniques that are obviously snake oil/bunk but people are still tricked by them.

I could be wrong, tho.

No, actually I include the massaging of the face in the "woo" category. Somehow I don't think toxins are pouring out of the skin. Heavy metals like mercury and lead and chemicals like plastic by- products don't just come out through the skin. It just doesn't make any sense. Now the massaging might move things around so the liver and kidney eliminate it but it doesn't pop out of the skin.

I've been massaging my skin for years but not because of toxins. I hold my face very, very taut while doing the massaging which creates resistance and builds muscles. If it did release toxins my face should be as pure as the driven snow. And it's not!
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
^Is the selling point with that product "release toxins?" Oh dear. I wasn't aware because I don't use it myself.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:

No, actually I include the massaging of the face in the "woo" category. Somehow I don't think toxins are pouring out of the skin. Heavy metals like mercury and lead and chemicals like plastic by- products don't just come out through the skin. It just doesn't make any sense. Now the massaging might move things around so the liver and kidney eliminate it but it doesn't pop out of the skin.

I've been massaging my skin for years but not because of toxins. I hold my face very, very taut while doing the massaging which creates resistance and builds muscles. If it did release toxins my face should be as pure as the driven snow. And it's not!

Not to hijack this interesting topic, but Im pretty sure that any massage, and esp lymphatic drainage techniques, pushes lymph thru the lymphatic system (parallel to the blood circulatory system) more efficiently and this revs up the health of skin. Especially after dermal needling, its important to get the stagnant byproducts of inflammation moving along and eliminated.

Does this alone make skin better? Probably not, but its part of a regimen that helps anyway. My point is, even some seemingly "Woo" things have a kernel of Truth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:

You're quite right, most skin care stuff is useless, whether it's a program that involves some manipulation or device that supposed to do something, or a cream. Some of it even turns out to harmful or not entirely beneficial (in other words, overhyped Laughing ). And then there is a whole lot of misinformation and even more theories what to do with skin, and everyone claims their opinion is the correct one. It's kinda like with diets, all the time someone comes up with new list of enemy foods and good foods and literally millions of people stop eating dairy/sugar/potatoes and eat chia seeds/quinoa/Himalayan salt instead. Or whatever. I'm over-simplifying to make a point: skin care is just as prone to weird fads and blatant nonsense, and people who get really into it all and rabidly defend their views.

There is just a handful of proven things that actually work on skin, and work only under certain circumstances, the rest is a bunch of pretty ads or worse. And I say certain circumstances because, for example, pretty much all the evidence says sunscreen is the #1 thing that can prevent premature skin photoaging, the "small print" in this case is that one would have to use it every single day, indoors and outdoors, apply the correct amount, reapply frequently and it better be a photostable sunscreen on top of all things. And sun still needs to be avoided. If it's applied once in the morning and not even in necessary amounts, then skin will be damaged and will age as it normally would under UV influence. I honestly have never met anyone who uses sunscreen correctly and even fewer people are aware of the "small print", most are pretty ignorant about it and think they can sleep on a beach all day long and nothing will happen. Rolling Eyes There is similar "small print" with pretty much all the skin stuff. Instead I read reviews like, "oh I love this sunscreen, it might be expensive for a small 20 ml bottle, but the bottle lasted me 4 months of daily use and gave me light tan, i look so beautiful!". Rolling Eyes And yeah, as I said, most stuff really is useless, even the best selling things that allegedly work wonders (ahem, I won't name names, but you all know which ones I mean Cool ). Riiight... If they did all work then I would think the number of ageless faces on streets should at least partially coincide with the numbers of sold jars.

I would like to say more, but I can't get the image of people licking pink salt blocks like cattle out of my head.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
Tiptoedancer wrote:

You're quite right, most skin care stuff is useless, whether it's a program that involves some manipulation or device that supposed to do something, or a cream. Some of it even turns out to harmful or not entirely beneficial (in other words, overhyped Laughing ). And then there is a whole lot of misinformation and even more theories what to do with skin, and everyone claims their opinion is the correct one. It's kinda like with diets, all the time someone comes up with new list of enemy foods and good foods and literally millions of people stop eating dairy/sugar/potatoes and eat chia seeds/quinoa/Himalayan salt instead. Or whatever. I'm over-simplifying to make a point: skin care is just as prone to weird fads and blatant nonsense, and people who get really into it all and rabidly defend their views.

There is just a handful of proven things that actually work on skin, and work only under certain circumstances, the rest is a bunch of pretty ads or worse. And I say certain circumstances because, for example, pretty much all the evidence says sunscreen is the #1 thing that can prevent premature skin photoaging, the "small print" in this case is that one would have to use it every single day, indoors and outdoors, apply the correct amount, reapply frequently and it better be a photostable sunscreen on top of all things. And sun still needs to be avoided. If it's applied once in the morning and not even in necessary amounts, then skin will be damaged and will age as it normally would under UV influence. I honestly have never met anyone who uses sunscreen correctly and even fewer people are aware of the "small print", most are pretty ignorant about it and think they can sleep on a beach all day long and nothing will happen. Rolling Eyes There is similar "small print" with pretty much all the skin stuff. Instead I read reviews like, "oh I love this sunscreen, it might be expensive for a small 20 ml bottle, but the bottle lasted me 4 months of daily use and gave me light tan, i look so beautiful!". Rolling Eyes And yeah, as I said, most stuff really is useless, even the best selling things that allegedly work wonders (ahem, I won't name names, but you all know which ones I mean Cool ). Riiight... If they did all work then I would think the number of ageless faces on streets should at least partially coincide with the numbers of sold jars.

I would like to say more, but I can't get the image of people licking pink salt blocks like cattle out of my head.

I guess I came from a family in which my parents encouraged me to "think for myself" and not just follow what everyone else does. They wanted me to question the world,particularly to question advertising, even question them, as parents. They wanted me to think logically, so with that as a foundation I just find soooo much nutty stuff in regards to skincare. For myself, skincare products have to be real, it's gotta have scientific studies and not airbrushed or presented in mentally soft focused fashion.

I agree with your sunscreen comments jazzi. Isn't it logical that when applying sunscreen in the morning it's not going to last all day? There are many hours of sun each day and two hour protection in the morning ain't gonna do that much for a person's skin. Think. Just think, people.

AND ANOTHER THING! (sorry, I'm in a complaining mood and this certainly isn't directed at you, jazzi) I really, really, totally hate, completely despise...... MASCARA ADS! I mean, who do they think they are kidding?? The models obviously have FALSE EYELASHES ON! Or they've done CGI on the models to make the lashes look INCHES LONG! What to they think, we're stupid or something?

Ahhhhh! I feel much better now. So, I'm off to a Yoga class, after which I'll be nicely calm and zen-like for the rest of the day.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
AND ANOTHER THING! (sorry, I'm in a complaining mood and this certainly isn't directed at you, jazzi) I really, really, totally hate, completely despise...... MASCARA ADS! I mean, who do they think they are kidding?? The models obviously have FALSE EYELASHES ON! Or they've done CGI on the models to make the lashes look INCHES LONG! What to they think, we're stupid or something?

This! Exactly! No wonder people get confused by all the lash-yness! It's really obvious in so many Youtube makeup tutorials, those girls and boys try and go for the ad look and end up all clumpy and spider-leggy. I cringe at the waste of good mascara, just get false lashes, they are glue-on magic! Never clumping-drying magic. I digress. They are kids and half of them don't even know what look 'smokey eye' refers to. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
Tiptoedancer wrote:

This! Exactly! No wonder people get confused by all the lash-yness! It's really obvious in so many Youtube makeup tutorials, those girls and boys try and go for the ad look and end up all clumpy and spider-leggy. I cringe at the waste of good mascara, just get false lashes, they are glue-on magic! Never clumping-drying magic. I digress. They are kids and half of them don't even know what look 'smokey eye' refers to. Bad Grin

Maybe we should all just get fake lashes, lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:12 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

You should definitely give falsies a try! Do a split-face pilot study, one eye with false lashes, the other with a few coats of mascara. Decide for yourself which looks cooler! Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:13 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
bethany wrote:

You should definitely give falsies a try! Do a split-face pilot study, one eye with false lashes, the other with a few layers of mascara. Decide for yourself which looks cooler! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:09 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
jazzi wrote:
bethany wrote:

You should definitely give falsies a try! Do a split-face pilot study, one eye with false lashes, the other with a few layers of mascara. Decide for yourself which looks cooler! Cool

Any recommendations on a brand/type of false lashes that work well? I've not had good luck with them in the past.
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:11 am      Reply with quote
TiptoeDancer, I couldn't agree more!

People do indeed jump off the lemming cliff when a new "prospect" shows up, like stem cell skin care for example. And shortly thereafter, having spent a chunk of change on a useless new potion, the hype dies down and people move onto the "next big thing". It's junk science being jarred and sold. People buy it, ever hopeful. It's human nature.

Vitamin A has the most solid evidence with many studies over time showing consistent results...and not just with retinoic acid but also with high dose retinyl acetate and retinyl palmitate. In my opinion, a smart consumer will stick with Vitamin A, in some form, for skin treatment.

Estrogens (estriol and estradiol), vitamin C, some peptides also have scientific support and are useful. I happen to use topical estriol on my face, and I use a high dose Vitamin A product (Environ) that also contains vitamin C and some peptides.

Procedures such as needling (rolling) have been shown to be effective, and are worth including in a skincare regimen. I am wary of the newest and most promising laser developments, however, as so many lasers that have been touted as miraculous have turned out to be damaging or, at best, expensively ineffective.

The beauty industry is infamous for skill in separating women from their money.

I believe that women need to keep it simple...stay with the basic treatments that have solid proof of efficacy in many studies, and eschew the newest fads that lack such evidence.

Eat better---nothing shows up on skin as much as a poor (and alternatively, great) diet. Moisturize skin from the inside out by eating quality raw oils and raw nuts---such as putting yummy walnut oil on your salad. Increase good fats, increase fresh vegetables and fruits, drink water, and try to cut down on carbs (including sugar) whenever possible.

Exercise---it really does improve skin by increasing blood flow and oxygen. Although, I avoid running as it can break down facial skin support faster.

Use less makeup---it's aging, and when needed, moisturize skin with good quality natural oils---even something as simple as olive oil or avocado oil will help. No need to pad Estee Lauder's pockets!

Lastly, take peace in the realization that there isn't a fountain of youth, and instead embrace the concept of looking as great as possible for one's age. Smile more---it brightens one's eyes and looks youthful. Dress well---not necessarily expensively but add a pop of color to your outfits when you can. Looking younger is about exuding vibrance and light...and ladies, THAT comes from within! Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Tiptoedancer wrote:
Chlorophyll wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

I could be wrong, tho.

Most people who talk about all these toxin things really have no idea how the body even works- it is a huge peeve of mine.

I know you can release some toxins through your breathing-but that is just the regular human body and not anything extra.

I know your body gets rid of toxins through the kidneys and liver and if you have kidney problems like one of my friends does she has to go to the hospital almost every day to have her blood filtered.

My friend told me she had some liver thing last year and I am a bit confused as to what the different treatment she had to do on top of her other stuff.
I think it was for protein in the blood and done by PLASMAPHARESIS?
-she did explain this to me,but it was more than a year ago...

I think face massage can be helpful for tense muscles and relaxation and also for headaches a bit.

I know for myself I am trying to do some face massage on one cheek as the way my jaw was inflamed earlier this year left my skin looking more pulled too tightly and it felt quite uncomfortable.
I could not do much massage on that part of my face at once as it was quite painful to even touch, but now seems to be getting better and now my muscles and whatever scarring I have under my skin does not feel as tight.
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
TiptoeDancer, I couldn't agree more!

People do indeed jump off the lemming cliff when a new "prospect" shows up, like stem cell skin care for example. And shortly thereafter, having spent a chunk of change on a useless new potion, the hype dies down and people move onto the "next big thing". It's junk science being jarred and sold. People buy it, ever hopeful. It's human nature.

Vitamin A has the most solid evidence with many studies over time showing consistent results...and not just with retinoic acid but also with high dose retinyl acetate and retinyl palmitate. In my opinion, a smart consumer will stick with Vitamin A, in some form, for skin treatment.

Estrogens (estriol and estradiol), vitamin C, some peptides also have scientific support and are useful. I happen to use topical estriol on my face, and I use a high dose Vitamin A product (Environ) that also contains vitamin C and some peptides.

Procedures such as needling (rolling) have been shown to be effective, and are worth including in a skincare regimen. I am wary of the newest and most promising laser developments, however, as so many lasers that have been touted as miraculous have turned out to be damaging or, at best, expensively ineffective.

The beauty industry is infamous for skill in separating women from their money.

I believe that women need to keep it simple...stay with the basic treatments that have solid proof of efficacy in many studies, and eschew the newest fads that lack such evidence.

Eat better---nothing shows up on skin as much as a poor (and alternatively, great) diet. Moisturize skin from the inside out by eating quality raw oils and raw nuts---such as putting yummy walnut oil on your salad. Increase good fats, increase fresh vegetables and fruits, drink water, and try to cut down on carbs (including sugar) whenever possible.

Exercise---it really does improve skin by increasing blood flow and oxygen. Although, I avoid running as it can break down facial skin support faster.

Use less makeup---it's aging, and when needed, moisturize skin with good quality natural oils---even something as simple as olive oil or avocado oil will help. No need to pad Estee Lauder's pockets!

Lastly, take peace in the realization that there isn't a fountain of youth, and instead embrace the concept of looking as great as possible for one's age. Smile more---it brightens one's eyes and looks youthful. Dress well---not necessarily expensively but add a pop of color to your outfits when you can. Looking younger is about exuding vibrance and light...and ladies, THAT comes from within! Smile

Great post! I couldn't agree more. Very Happy
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Tiptoedancer wrote:
Chlorophyll wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:

I could be wrong, tho.

Most people who talk about all these toxin things really have no idea how the body even works- it is a huge peeve of mine.

Yes. Most people don't know how the body works. It's so true. The detox cleaners people do these days are really unnecessary. That's why kidneys and livers evolved in humans. They do a wonderful job eliminating toxins from our body, unless of course your truly ill with kidney or liver disease. As a matter of fact some of the cleansers eliminate bacteria from the gut that are very necessary to health. There are a few nutrients that need bacteria to function. I think one is Vitamin K2 which possibly could prevent cancer.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |