Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Upper eyelid loss of volume
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

One of my upper eyelids got an extra fold, my doctor insisted it was extra skin,

but i could see clearly it was a loss of volume problem, he did some co2 fractionated laser on that extra fold, and it did not work and have make my eyelid look really old and bad, the skin is so thin, look wrinkly and that eyelid has lost a lot more volume and the extra fold is much more visible, while my other eye look just fine.
Seem like the laser melted away my eyelid fat.
I contacted via email an usa plastic surgeon who told me yes, the problem is a loss of volume and get it fill with restylane,

but in my country any doctor knows how to inject on upper eyelids and i cant afford travellin to the states.

I would like to know if there is a way of regaining upper eyelid volume naturally, any microcurrent device, cream, massage or whatever than can help with this.
I started facial exercise few months ago and it has lifted my eyes, but the extra crease, the creepy skin and the loss of volume is still there.
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:12 am      Reply with quote
i guess you searched the internet for all answers to ur problem? sorry to read of your situations...i was using contact lenses and i was so afraid of all the stretching my lids everyday it would cause early loss of volume cause of all the pulling on the lid..so i stopped...

so the USA doctor told you to receive the Restylane injection..how much will this cost you? and please get an extremely reliable, certified, cosmetic doctor to do this procedure for you...i mean seriously do your homework..good luck to you when or if you get this procedure done..

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Yes i did search all over the internet as well as visited most plastic suegeons in my city but could not find an answer to my problem except from this doctor from beverly hills and another one fron new york that are experts inyecting fillers on the upper eyelid to restore loss of volume.

I did not ask for exact price as i cant travell from portugal to the usa, but he said as i only need it in one eye an i will only need less than a vial of restylane the price will be like nornal restylane intections, so i guess not very expensive, for sure air
plain tickets and hotel during recovery will be much more expensive. He said the restylane in that area, and because he injects deeply into the skin last a lot, can last up to 5 years. And the before and afters pictures of both of the doctors sites was amazing.
Noone in my country does this procedure, so i guess at the moment i will have to wait and do nothing untill i can save yo travel to usa.

About wearing contact lenses i stopped wearing them too cos as i have searched so much about my eyes, i read on few sites than some people that wears contacts can develop ptosis. Provably is not happening to most people wearing them, as i know many people that have been wearing them for years and their eyes are fine, but i did not want to take the any risk to male my eye even worst looking.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I would think someone in Madrid or even Paris would be able to do it and be closer to you. Look for an oculoplastic surgeon, one who specializes in the eyelids.

I personally liked it when my puffy upper eyelids lost volume because it made my eyes look bigger and I had a larger eyelid to put eye makeup on. Same thing when I lost volume in my cheeks -- I finally had high cheekbones instead of a baby face. Everyone has different taste.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
My sister lives in Madrid and have asked some surgeons there but injecting restylane on upper eyelids is not something they do over there neither, i will check maybe in france or uk, but seems like not many doctors are willing to do that procedure and after months of internet search i only could find this 2 doctors in usa and one in japan.

I posted a question on realself to doctors and been told not many doctors are good doing this procedure and many refuse to do it due the big vascularity of the area.

I would not mind having little eyelid volume if it were symmetrical on both eyes, because as you say it makes the eyes look bigguer and that is good, and if it would just be loss of volume in both eyes it would be fine for me, but it is only in one eye, and the loss of volume create a deep wrinkle and an extra fold which bothers me much
I am searching about lipo filling creams see if the help something filler the wrinkle fold
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
It would be easier to have the excess skin and fat removed from your other eye.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I think you will find that there are more injectors who will inject this area than will actually admit to it....it definitely won't be advertised. This area is getting easier to inject now with the use of cannulas to inject fillers, which hugely reduces the risk of complications in this area.

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Softskin i though about that too but my good eye does not have any excess skin or fat, actually looking old pictures with my aunty the other day from when i was 15 that eye is exactly the same as it was then. Doctors told me they dont advice me to cut off skin cos i dont have excess and maybe i will have problema closing my eyes if they do. I think i got the small crease due a wrinkle formed o that eye for side sleeping and then the fractionated co2 laser mess it up more.

Rebecca:yes asking on realself i found out there are quite a few doctors who nowadays inject that area but all te ones i found are in usa.
Still doing a dayly search emailing and visiting doctors in my country see if i find any.
I am emailing doctors in spain, france and uk too, as those countries are relatively near see if i have any luck.
Looking into creams with volufiline too, which ot says to help regain fat to give them a try in the meanwhile.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |