Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Super CP Serum - Small (28.3 g / 1 oz) Skin Biology LacSal Gentle Exfoliation Cream - Small (56.7 ml / 2 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
The link that Lolli posted is the one that probably describes it best. If you do a search on the cleanser you will probably find a few other descriptions. There's so many posts about the cleanser now though that it's starting to get difficult to find the posts about the application unless you remember a keyword (try "knead" or "press" together with "cleansing cream" maybe).

daisyatl - no, no need to use the Microfoliant although I can still use it say once or twice weekly IN PLACE of the Cleansing Cream when I start to miss the Microfoliant Smile
alaya
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles, I just tried on the nose area first. The skin became slightly blotchy and then peeled a bit. My biggest concern was that there were pimples within two or three days, I rarely have pimples in that area. I did try their toners and moisturizers, which gave me the same problem. It is okay on my neck, as I always test it on my neck for a week before putting it on my face. I don't know why my face is so sensitive.

I couldn't resist to try again yesterday morning, I am keeping to AM only ATM. I took your advice and used less(pea size), seems to be better, not so oily.
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am sooo tempted to try this with all the rave reviews, I am sure I will give in soon.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
alaya wrote:
Hi Pudoodles, I just tried on the nose area first. The skin became slightly blotchy and then peeled a bit. My biggest concern was that there were pimples within two or three days, I rarely have pimples in that area. I did try their toners and moisturizers, which gave me the same problem. It is okay on my neck, as I always test it on my neck for a week before putting it on my face. I don't know why my face is so sensitive.

I couldn't resist to try again yesterday morning, I am keeping to AM only ATM. I took your advice and used less(pea size), seems to be better, not so oily.

Yikes, Alaya! Your nose peeled? Shock I'd test it on the inside of my forearm if I were you ...and see if you get a negative reaction...maybe you are allergic to it..I wonder if anyone else has reacted similarly to it...Let us know how you get on!
Good luck!
Pudoodles
chrisls

Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this site - found it while doing a search for Dr. H. Cream Cleanser. Seems most people using this have skin that's more on the oily side. Anyone have dry skin that still kind of breaks out with small whiteheads, mostly around the mouth, chin, and side of nose? I was told my skin is oily dehydrated. Being 50 and in menopause can do strange things to your skin. I drink 10 glasses of water a day and eat a super healthy diet. Anyway, started using the Cream a year ago and have been off and on with it. My skin is thin and dry on the surface, with couperose in the cheeks and I'm hoping someone out there has similar skin and is finding the Cream is working for them. Lots of dry flakes too and pretty sensitive (although I was told that everyone thinks their skin is sensitive). Sometimes it makes my skin feel like it's so alive and almost stingy, but that fades. Have tried lots of liquid cleansers but they never seem to really clean my skin. I know this is a long post, but figure I may as well lay it all out and see what comes back. Sure is an interesting site - glad I found it. Surprised
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
alaya wrote:

Alaya, I had this reaction too - my skin peeled after using the CC for the first time (although I didn't really get many pimples). But the next time I used it, it was as though my skin got used to it and I had no peeling. If you can, I would suggest bearing through the pimples stage as it could just be the "purging" process that some people experience but then it clears up. Good luck!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
ps. welcome chrisls wave Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
FYI - a reviewer on MUA provided me with the following ‘recipe’ to make a homemade Dr. H cleansing cream, so I thought I’d share it with you:

There's no exact recipe - you can adjust the quantities to suit yourself. But basically as a starting point I grind up about 12 almonds very finely in a coffee grinder, then add oil (I like grapeseed because it's very fine and light) drop by drop till the blend looks about right. Some people like a ratio of 1 teaspoon almond meal per 1/2 teaspoon oil, but personally I find this too much oil.

In England you can buy whole almonds (that is unblanched) either at a health food shop or at the supermarket - in the US I'd buy them at Whole Foods etc. There's a brilliant book called The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood which is crammed with recipes like this one for skincare, haircare etc.

You can choose whether or not you want to add a drop or two of essential oil like lemon or basil (my favourites) or something more luxurious like rose. It really is just a matter of trial and error to find the texture that you like.

I haven’t tried it yet but the ingredients are on my list next time I’m at Whole Foods, because while I love the effect/results of the CC, I’m *not* fond of the price of it in relation to the amount of product you get! Besides, I’m betting the results will be even more astonishing if you grind your own almond meal as you’ll know the ingredients are as fresh as can be!! Also, you know how much I love to make homemade versions of stuff (i.e.: homemade TendSkin, homemade Vit-C serum, homemade perfume solids, homemade TeaTree shampoo, homemade color protecting/clarifying shampoo, homemade peppermint-to-wake-you-up shampoo/conditioner, homemade jojoba oil hair treatments, homemade body scrubs, homemade “Lip Venom,” etc.)....

Carrie

P.S. I still can't get the hang of the darn kneading/rolling technique...I start out okay, but then find myself scrubbing in circular motions like with a regular face scrub! Confused
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I am really tempted to try Dr.H Clensing Cream, since i have those little greasy pores on my nose and besides my nose, squeezing them just make the pores bigger and bigger. What kind of cleanse/makeup remover would you suggest to use before the Cleansing Cream (since it doesn't take off makeup)? A cleanser/makeup remover that is capable of taking off waterproof mascara will be wonderful. I loath long processes to simply take off makeup, ultimately I wish I could find a cleanser that takes off all makeup in one go. Any suggestion? Does the Dr. H Cleansing Milk takes off stubborn waterproof mascara?

Thanks.

KK
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi KK, Dr H Cleansing Cream is a deep cleaner and you need to take your make up off first with something else. Someone desribed it as a decongestant. With this product, you either love it or hate it and I had to try it and I hated it. It was smelly and I described it as washing with weetabix. It did nothing for me, but then I gave up after 5 attempts as you need to master the massaging in process. Good luck if you decide to purchase. Welcome by the way wave
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I'll be sure and let know you know how the cleansing milk does as I ordered it from EDS, as well as the cleansing cream, on Sunday. I've been itching to give this product line a chance and decided the cream and the milk were a good start.

I have to admit though, I'd be very surprised if the milk took off mascara. No matter what cleanser I use (and I jump around a lot in this area) I almost always have to use a separate product to remove mascara.

Stephanie
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Stephanie and Cindi. Steph, the BobbiBrown cleanser does take off makeup and mascara in one go, get a sample at the counter to try it. And I can't wait for your review on the Dr H CC & CM.
KK
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Kk1668, thanks for letting me know about the BobbiBrown cleanser. My list of things to try is definately getting bigger by the day. Smile I'm really trying to stick to trying one new product at a time, but I have to admit, it's beginning to get tough. Very Happy

As soon as I begin using the Dr. Hauschka products (well, I try and wait two weeks to give it a chance but I may go ahead and review it earlier because I'm so intrigued by this line), I'll give my opinion of them.

We had the flu for the better part of a week so I still need to review 2 other products I started using, but I'm sure sometime next week I can give my opinion of these 2 Hauschka products.

Thanks,
Stephanie
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I used the recipe I posted above to make myself some of the homemade Dr. H Cleansing Cream, but I customized just a bit by adding a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil and a teaspoon of lysorbic acid (Vit-C) crystals. I have to say that I like the homemade version even better than my store-bought Dr. H CC!! In fact, next time I'm at Whole Foods, I intend to return it for a refund (then across the street and pickup some Yonka Gel Nettoyant!!)!! Seriously, if you're a fan of Dr. H's cleansing cream, then I highly recommend that you try the homemade version at least once....
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to pick up the ingredients next time I'm in Florida and try mixing my own. In the meantime I've already ordered 2 more tubes. I really like the cleansing cream. I've been using it for a month and my skin is really clear. I have pms and no breakout so far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if I should give this product another go hmm I didnt see any results but gave up after 5 attempts. Despite using the Daily Microfoliant every night my pores are still clogged Sad Oh ladies, what can I do?
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Cindi, to be honest my pores are still somewhat clogged and I've been using it for a month. I don't always use it twice a day and I don't always apply it correctly - I'm lazy. I do feel like my skin has improved a lot and I'm going to stick with this product for a few more tubes and try to get into a routine of using it twice a day and see if I experience the decongestion that others have.

I also just ordered the Daily Microfoliant and I'm looking forward to trying that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
The Daily Microfoliant does give me that squeeky clean feel afterwards, I use it every night and will never forget how soft my skin felt after the very first time. Still it isnt unclogging pores, Im beginning to wonder if anything does. I think I saw good results with Liz Earle's cleanse and polish, I seem to remember thinking it did a good cleanup job on my nose. May have to make a new list and add it on. Better use a bit more of the Vivier cleanser first, and the JB cleanser Embarassed
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ooooooh Cindi - I'd love to hear what you think of the Vivier cleanser!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie! That sounds really interesting and I will give it a go. I think I even have some almond meal at home! Ultimately though, I'm lazy and prefer something that comes out of a tube Embarassed

carekate wrote:
FYI - I used the recipe I posted above to make myself some of the homemade Dr. H Cleansing Cream, but I customized just a bit by adding a few drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil and a teaspoon of lysorbic acid (Vit-C) crystals. I have to say that I like the homemade version even better than my store-bought Dr. H CC!! In fact, next time I'm at Whole Foods, I intend to return it for a refund (then across the street and pickup some Yonka Gel Nettoyant!!)!! Seriously, if you're a fan of Dr. H's cleansing cream, then I highly recommend that you try the homemade version at least once....
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I don't wear makeup so I've been using the cleansing cream as my only cleanser but everybody has been saying that it's not really a cleanser but more of a decongestant. Now my worry is that it may not be enough of a cleanser to remove my sunblock. Should I use something else first?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Freefall2 - I'd use a cleanser beforehand....just to make sure that you've got all the residual guck off your face...Maybe you don't really have to since it's just a sunblock..but I would, anyway...
Pudoodles
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles, you just gave me the excuse I needed to place another order! It makes sense though, I'm always wearing sunblock and often I use the sporty waterproof stuff so a gentle cleaser may not be enough to remove it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:12 am      Reply with quote
My skin tends to be more on the normal to dry side these days, but I still tend to have large pores and those clogged ones too. It sounds like I should still be able to use this just fine though.

I do have a question. I know that DR H. doesn't want you to use moisturizer at night, but I would be using it. Is anyone using their normal moisturizer after this at night and still getting the great results?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

It works Carrie. Love it!!! Thank you so much. I posted on another thread but didn't know if you would see it. The homemade CC worked just as well and so easy! Thanks for saving me some cash.

Winnie
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sothys Homme Soothing After Shave Balm (50 ml / 1.69 floz) IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion (50 g / 1.7 oz) StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles PLUS (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |