Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jowls starting to sag?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
My brother noticed that the jowls had started to sag on my face. I had lost some weight over the past half a yr. I wonder if it was something to do with that. Is there anything i can do to help it?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. I recently lost seven pounds and my minimal jowls and malar fat pads disappeared and my face looks better. Must be genetic and based on skin condition.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have a round face, so I worry about this also. I even posted on here asking for suggestions and no one answered.

I just discovered and started a new product that claim to help with sagging skin by using stimulants and cellular turn over because after 30, our skin begins to sleep and ingredients are needed to reach into the deeper layers of our skin.

Only long term use will show if this works or not, but at least I will give it a shot, since there is no miracle cream out there for sagging skin.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:18 am      Reply with quote
As we age, the malar fat pads sag and the skin loses its resiliency to snap back. The facial bones lose volume. All of this causes the dreaded jowls.

Dermal needling, exercise and fillers can help, as well as vitamin A and C products with peptides to maintain the skin's turgor. Good nutrition and maintaining healthy weight of course is important.

Avoiding UV light which degrades collagen and sleeping on the back helps.

Its all these things and more, not just one thing I think.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I came here to ask about the very same thing, except mine are unrelated to weight loss.

Will turn 44 this summer and the fine lines are kept at a reasonable level mostly but the jowls! Oh, the jowls! They are starting to become more and more noticeable and are the thing aging me the most.

Have been using Avene Ystheal every other night along with a Vit C+E serum and Hydra B5 on top for the past few months.

Any advice?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kskiska wrote:
I came here to ask about the very same thing, except mine are unrelated to weight loss.

Will turn 44 this summer and the fine lines are kept at a reasonable level mostly but the jowls! Oh, the jowls! They are starting to become more and more noticeable and are the thing aging me the most.

Have been using Avene Ystheal every other night along with a Vit C+E serum and Hydra B5 on top for the past few months.

Any advice?

I don't. I just started with ZO Skin Health product called Growth Factor serum. Only time will tell if this will help. I'm using it four times a day, but you could use it twice a day. I don't have jowls, but expect to get them because I have a round face shape.
Growth Factor serum has peptides in it.

You could look into fillers.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes no matter what you do, you can't fight gravity. Bad Grin
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Check what you do with your lower jaw. When I grind my teeth I look jowly. A bad habit - my dentist has warned me to basically never let the teeth meet. Even when chewing, he told me to just keep the teeth millimetres apart.

Also, when I 'grind', I have a very large overbite, so the lower jaw is too high and too far back. When I relax it and stop grinding, the jowels are gone.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I really think the most effective weapon against jowls is facial exercise, as you kill two birds with one stone: tone muscles thereby preventing droop and maintain facial volume.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |