Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Everything breaks me out!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jess93

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am 21, never wore makeup, hardly used cleansers and moisturizers in the past. I just used water and it seemed to do well for my skin. I recently started trying different products because I am turning 22 so I wanted to start protecting my skin from aging. I feel so slow compared to others because many girls I know are already using masks 3x a week, exfoliators, serums etc.

I recently tried to essential oils, but they seem to make my skin break out. I don't have a huge break out but just small pimples here and there. Also, when I wash out the oils, I can still feel the residue even after I rinse it so many times. I've been avoiding masks because it seems useless to use a mask when there is still a layer of oil in my skin.

On one hand, it is hard for me to start an anti-aging routine because the products seemed to make my skin worser. On the other hand, I don't want to go back to using just water because I wanted to start doing something to my skin.

Please any advice will be very helpful! :"(
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I myself had a bad reaction to aloe vera which is a natural product....essential oils may be too intense for you as they are so concerntrated and best used in small amounts for massage etc not as a daily product I would suggest tryng natural oils olive oil, coconut oil...there's loads out there obviously have to be careful with soe I'm allergic to almonds so that's out for me.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest trying one new item at a time. If you have a reaction, it is easier to pinpoint the cause.

I cannot use most essential oils and botanicals. For example, I got a rash from Clinique spf 25 sunscreen.

Are you using a sunscreen? This is a proven anti-aging product.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to second Autumn's reply. Most of us are sensitive to essential oils and botanicals. Most all break me out or irritate my skin.

I would agree with finding a great sunscreen or foundation with sunscreen. At your age, there isn't much repair needed. You should focus on prevention.

Another active to look at is vitamin C. It can boost your sun protection as well as offset your exposure to free radicals from the sun.
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Jess93 wrote:
I am 21, never wore makeup, hardly used cleansers and moisturizers in the past. I just used water and it seemed to do well for my skin. I recently started trying different products because I am turning 22 so I wanted to start protecting my skin from aging. I feel so slow compared to others because many girls I know are already using masks 3x a week, exfoliators, serums etc.

I recently tried to essential oils, but they seem to make my skin break out. I don't have a huge break out but just small pimples here and there. Also, when I wash out the oils, I can still feel the residue even after I rinse it so many times. I've been avoiding masks because it seems useless to use a mask when there is still a layer of oil in my skin.

On one hand, it is hard for me to start an anti-aging routine because the products seemed to make my skin worser. On the other hand, I don't want to go back to using just water because I wanted to start doing something to my skin.

Please any advice will be very helpful! :"(

Hi...I have tried different types of essential oils before and hope that I can help you in some extent. I guess you have chosen the wrong oil for your skin type. Some oils are really rich and think, some are lighter and easier to apply on your face. Another possible reason is the quality of the oil. Some contains a lot of fragrances and mineral oils which must block your pores. In other words, that leads to the breakout.

I suggest you deal with the breakout first and then back to your original aim- antiaging! (watch out! Some of the antiaging products target late 30s and late 40s...the texture is too thick again!
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
I would suggest trying one new item at a time. If you have a reaction, it is easier to pinpoint the cause.

I cannot use most essential oils and botanicals. For example, I got a rash from Clinique spf 25 sunscreen.

Are you using a sunscreen? This is a proven anti-aging product.

Have you tried Rosehip oil? Don't be scared by the word oil. it hydrates my skin and makes me look different!
meteor
5% products discount

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 am      Reply with quote
If your skin is super-sensitive, keep it very simple. Keep offensive ingredients off your face and you won't have to fix any irritation later.

For an effective sunscreen: I recommend looking for something based on zinc oxide.
Zinc oxide is used even on babies to prevent and treat diaper rash and other skin irritations, it works by forming a barrier on the skin to protect it from irritants/moisture. (http://www.medicinenet.com/zinc_oxide-topical/article.htm)
Sunscreens are notorious for breaking out sensitive skin, and you need to use A LOT to get effective protection, so it's critical to find the one that works for you. Even better than sunscreen is sun avoidance and hats!

Mineral oil is a good alternative to natural carrier oils and essential oils, which can irritate skin and provoke a reaction. Mineral oil is pretty neutral and an excellent occlusive.

For cleansing, have you looked into clays (bentonite, rhassoul, kaolin, etc)?
Honey and oats (if you don't react to them) are also a nice natural alternative to skin cleansing.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |