Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Derminator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CPHgirl
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Re. what to use as lubricant during the procedure, I just spritz on thermal water.

Mid 30's, very fair skin. Using vit A and vit C. Experimenting with dermarolling, Ageless if You Dare and Safetox. Main focus on prevention, have gotten hormonal breakouts under control, would like to fix 11's, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and acne scars on the chest.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
CPHgirl wrote:
Re. what to use as lubricant during the procedure, I just spritz on thermal water.

I use a hyaluronic acid and water in a spray bottle. After cleaning the skin, apply the serum. It will sink into the skin. That's ok because you will spray your skin with the water to add slip where you need it during the treatment.

HTH

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
Kevin578

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Some quick questions on using the derminator: whats the pattern to glide the derminator over the skin? I heard you're supposed to do it in circular, spiral motions until you cover the entire surface area. Is this correct?

Also, are you not supposed to dermaroll with a dry face? I thought you dermaroll with a dry face, and apply serum afterwards. Do you apply serum before, and then dermaroll while the face is still wet?
exotic.intoxication
5% products discount

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I want to buy this but how come some country's models are more expensive than others?

35, asian, currently doing at home microcurrent, facial exercises, massage, LED light therapy. Applying retin-A and Vitamin C topically. Taking pycnogenol, fish oil, Evening primrose oil, melatonin, spirulina, mushroom complex
Sosweet2

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

I m new here, I read all your posts (all the 19 pages) found your testimonials so interesting that they convinced me to purchase ŕ Derminator!

I ve been saving to do so and finally ordered it at the begining Of the week Smile yay!!

I was so happy! And excited to get this new product that will change my skin texture.
The tracking was blocked since 4 days so I decided to contact their customer service (from own doc)... A bit complicated I thought... Any way I got a reply so quickly! I was so glad intil I opened the answer! I AM SHOCKED! They answered twice : first telling me that I could get a refund (surprising as I was just asking for a delivery date) and then a second email telling me they decided to Blacklist me for NO reason!
I m so SHOCKED!

Has anyone experienced that with this website? I m so disappointed.

Curious method no??
Sosweet2

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Kevin578 wrote:
Some quick questions on using the derminator: whats the pattern to glide the derminator over the skin? I heard you're supposed to do it in circular, spiral motions until you cover the entire surface area. Is this correct?

Also, are you not supposed to dermaroll with a dry face? I thought you dermaroll with a dry face, and apply serum afterwards. Do you apply serum before, and then dermaroll while the face is still wet?

You may want to put some HA serum during dermaneedling. Yes you should do circular motions.

If anyone can help me please that d be great. Its the 1st time I experience this with a company and m truly shocked! I spent almost 300$, havent received my Derminator yet but they told me they decided to blacklist me so I wont be able to ordre new cartridges... Just because I kindly asked for a delivery date. It sounds crazy!?!

If I knew, i ´d never have ordered Sad
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Sosweet2 wrote:
Kevin578 wrote:

You may want to put some HA serum during dermaneedling. Yes you should do circular motions.

If anyone can help me please that d be great. Its the 1st time I experience this with a company and m truly shocked! I spent almost 300$, havent received my Derminator yet but they told me they decided to blacklist me so I wont be able to ordre new cartridges... Just because I kindly asked for a delivery date. It sounds crazy!?!

If I knew, i ´d never have ordered Sad

I would call or email them again to ask why they blacklisted you. Explain your situation....

Late 40's, Currently using AALS, Violet Ray 12/2010. Skincare products; Derma-e peptides plus & hyalorinic acid night cream, Origins; Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea & Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea. Skin Laboratory Glycolic, Lactic & Salicylic acids. Recently started using 12/2010 Skin Biology's CP serum & TTT.
Sosweet2

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Xandria!

They told me I was too demanding!?! Because I dared to ask once a delivery date!

It really is crazy!

They told me they consider not shipping the country anymore... Apparently just because they dont want to waste time answering question from customers.

That´s scary!what´s the point in investing 300dollars if you cant buy new cartriges later? Really you should think twice before purchasing on this website. I m deeply shocked and feel disrespected as a customer

Sad such a shame to treat customers this way. 300 $ was an investment for me. It´s so frustrating to feel so powerless. Such a bad experience.

I think it s not even legal to blacklist a customer for no reason?this could happen to anyone.

Can someone help?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:51 am      Reply with quote
SoSweet, It seems to me that you gave 2 choices: take the offered refund or have a close friend order for you in the future.

At some point in my ordering process I was informed not to contact them about shipping delays until a certain amount of time had passed (like 2 months or something like that…in the winter it is even longer, like 3 months)I think they assumed you had read their info about shipping from eastern Europe and the delays in the US postal service upon receiving the imported product. Anyway, it may well be a harsh way of doing business, but it's the way that they have chosen to do it. And imo their products are unique enough to adjust to their protocol.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I meant to say you 'have' 2 choices!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Sosweet2

Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much JasmineRosey Smile

Well, I have plenty Of friends who could order for me. I was very excited and happy to get my products. This has ruined my experience online.

This product may be unique but this should not be a reason not to respect customers. To blacklist you just because you ask a delivery date is not only harsh. It´s disrespectful. And probably not legal. There should be a valid reason to refuse to sell to someone.

It s scary to order from A company that is so reluctant to answer questions from his customers.
.. Customer questions/complaints should be considered as gifts.

I m very stunned with these kind Of methods in 2015. 300$ must represent nothing to them but that represent a lot to me. I would expect more respect from them as ŕ customer.

Thank you.
Kevin578

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who has used the derminator at 1.0mm to 1.5mm, what's it like directly right after? does your skin grow tiny pinprick scabs all over, or does your face just appear red, and then fades overnight? are there lasting signs after 24 hours?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kevin578 wrote:
For anyone who has used the derminator at 1.0mm to 1.5mm, what's it like directly right after? does your skin grow tiny pinprick scabs all over, or does your face just appear red, and then fades overnight? are there lasting signs after 24 hours?

I think that's up to the individual skin. One lady on here (RussianSunshine I think) experienced bleeding at .25. Around my lips I bleed using 1.5 but the rest of my face just gets pinprick dots and redness that fades and goes away the 2nd day.

It all depends on your skin and how deep you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
And the HA:

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/hyaluronic-acid.html

Hi Immacolata,

May I ask if there is any difference in the ULMW, SLMW, LMW,ELMW, and regular
Hyaluronic Acid when it comes to needling?

I was also wanting to use the HA with my Fyola (Sqoom-like device) and Sqoom uses low molecular weight HA but don't know which type.

I read the messages on this board but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on which to use for needling and/or ultrasound.

Thanks in advance!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I use a hyaluronic acid and water in a spray bottle. After cleaning the skin, apply the serum. It will sink into the skin. That's ok because you will spray your skin with the water to add slip where you need it during the treatment.
This quote is credited to Xandria. Sorry, New tablet!
HTH[/quote]
So, why didn't I think of this? DUH!
Can you think for me more often,please?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
How is everyone disinfecting the cartridge? I can't entirely get the residual blood out of the single needle cartridge even after running it under hot water for a long time then soaking in 75% isopropyl alcohol.

My next question is how to clean the magnet? I was soaking it for a few minutes in isopropyl alcohol but after three uses, the silver coating is chipping off.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:10 am      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
How is everyone disinfecting the cartridge? I can't entirely get the residual blood out of the single needle cartridge even after running it under hot water for a long time then soaking in 75% isopropyl alcohol.

My next question is how to clean the magnet? I was soaking it for a few minutes in isopropyl alcohol but after three uses, the silver coating is chipping off.

There should be instructions on the owndoc website for properly cleaning the cartridges and the device. I see no reason to clean the magnet. I'm sure the instructions are located within the document for the device.

xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I took it upon myself to revisit the documentation for the device. Since I myself couldn't recall the cleaning instructions. There are details regarding the removal and cleaning of the magnet. I have yet to roll over 1.0 and haven't experienced any fluids/blood in the device. I have cleaned the inside of device with a q-tip and alcohol, but that's the extent of it.

Maybe once I get into rolling over 1.0 then cleaning the magnet will be necessary.

denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I followed the directions from the beginning. I am using 0.5 mm and blood mixes with the saline and gets into the body of the device and on the magnet so I have to disinfect the magnet so bacteria doesn't grow. The body I clean with cotton buds and 75% isopropyl alcohol. The magnet was rinsed off with warm water to and then rinsed in alcohol and left out to dry for two days.

I just ordered some more magnets and want to be sure to care for them correctly so the silver coating doesn't peel again.

Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I haven't thought about cleaning the magnet. I've used it half a dozen times or so, maybe I should clean it. I only bleed around the lips though.

You bleed at .5? Russian Sunshine said she was bleeding at .25. Maybe y'all have thinner skin than me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to get some denture tablets next week and use them as well as alcohol and hot water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I get pinpoint bleeding on my forehead and under eye areas at 0.5mm with the 9 needle cartridge and bleed like a gushing fountain with the single needle in crows feet and nasolabial folds. I truly marvel how some of you are doing 1.5mm, I'd be a pulpy mess!

junerosemac
5% products discount

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I get pinpoint bleeding round my mouth with 0.25. At first (3 months ago) I got pinpoint just about everywhere with 0.25, so I assume there is some skin thickening going on. Once I can do 0.25 round my mouth without bleeding I'll up to the 0.5. Russian Sunshine said she bled with 0.25, but now is ok with 0.5. All this gives me hope that something good is happening, if my skin is thickening, that is a good thing, and I am happy Bad Grin
jiidea
5% products discount

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Guys..

How do you make your vitamin C serum at home ?

Should i get destilled water ? or should i boil tap water, and let it cool off, until it hits body temperature and then mix it with the Vitamin C powder?
And how much Vit C in ratio to water do i need to add?

Does the same go for HA ?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 am      Reply with quote
jiidea wrote:
Guys..

How do you make your vitamin C serum at home ?

Should i get destilled water ? or should i boil tap water, and let it cool off, until it hits body temperature and then mix it with the Vitamin C powder?
And how much Vit C in ratio to water do i need to add?

Does the same go for HA ?

Get distilled water. Tap water could have minerals and other material that could counteract the vitamin C. Same with HA. When your skin is tender after needling, you don't want to put any questionable substances on it.

I don't know if you've read the whole thread, but Dr. Setterfield recommends not using anything immediately after needling at a depth more than .5. I was using vitamin C serum right after and didn't see any problems, but now I take the Dr.'s advice.

Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |