Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is the dermaroller actually safe??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I do have a very intense skincare regime that does involve loads of acids and placing them on my scalp and eyelashes , I will expand on that if anyone wants any information anyway my question is how is rolling a thousand needles on your face and letting all these chemicals in your bloodstream actually safe? I honesty feel the difference in my health in terms of feeling more lightheaded , heart palpations , tingling all over my feet and generally feeling depressed.

If you were to tell someone who isn't really a beauty/skincare addict that you roll a thousand needles on your face... it doesn't exacty sound like something a sane person would do? I use the MT dermaroller (£6 on Ebay) 1.5mm once a week.

Thank you
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm short on time and I'm sure others will chime in on this but first of all I think you need to do a little research on the science behind it all if you're doubtful or don't understand how it works. Check out the threads here or owndoc.com or just goggle it.

Secondly, you should not be rolling all those chemicals into your skin. You should be very careful about anything you use while rolling and you don't, in fact, have to use anything while rolling. But you should at least be sure of their purity..

And last I personally think that rolling once a week with a 1.5mm is too frequent. There are different areas of thought on this but most people will tell you that you shouldn't roll anymore than once every 3-6 weeks with a 1.5mm.

And, really...stop rolling chemicals into your skin and be very careful about what you put on it immediately after a roll...and be very careful about sterilizing your roller.
I've never experienced any of the symptoms you are describing..If it's related to the rolling than you're definitely doing something wrong.
catxl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Rolling needles on skin is an old technique to improve an old scar, especially uneven skin surface. You may check the book Aesthetic Medicine Art and Techniques by Predergast 2010.

The idea is that by introducing micro trauma to the dermal layer, therefore stimulate skin cell to lay new collagen matrix to fix the uneven skin surface. The problem is that this does not work very well, and there are better technology in the dermatologist clinic to do it. In additions, there are risks outweigh the potential little benefit if it exist.
catxl
5% products discount

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Based on your post, it sounds like you try to achieve better absorption and deliver nutrients to deeper layer rather than fixing scars. So the rolling method is not really for what you are looking for.

Side-effects
you would be causing micro-trauma to your skin, and introducing contaminated products in your numerous pin-hole wounds. Even you try to your best (freshly opened products, sealed etc), the products that you try to roll into your skin would not be sterile. This will lead to risk of infection. If you have other health issues such as diabetes and heart disease, this would be even more complicated. Worse, if you did it to deep or had infection, scaring can be an issue.
This is not even taking consideration for the products that you try to use, which could be potentially unsafe.

Long in short, rolling needles at home is not an good idea at all.
sweetbee

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, if you are not feeling right then maybe you need to try and take it easy a bit. I've used a derma roller several times a week and have been fine. I see results immediately after the redness goes away. It does make my skin more sensitive, though so I would be careful using chemicals on your skin right after derma rolling and definitely do not derma roll with any chemicals on your skin. You don't want to cause any permanent scarring. I learned the hard way and did a home chemical peel a day after a microderm. It made lines on my face from the swipes of the microdermabrasion machine. Luckily they did fade but I'll never do that again! Good luck
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |