Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: OH MY GOODNESS! DR. H CLEANSING CREME!!!!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
hey mailnat,
i didn't have any significant issues when i swapped from dermalogica to dr h, but then again i know some of the others have had some serious problems. i guess it's like any new product, there are sometimes teething problems... but don't give up!!!

Kiwigirl.
ai
5% products discount

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Smile

Been lurking awhile but thought this topic was as good as any to start posting!

I recently started to use the Dr H CC after a bad chemical peel left terrible grazes on my face. Thought the CC might help to soothe and calm my skin, but it caused a terrible breakout that I know was not purging. Pity as I liked the concept and the smell - guess it did not work for me. (I had tried it a couple of times before but stopped when pimples appeared and thought this time I would try to get through that stage).

Ironically of course, my skin was not too bad before the peel and now it looks 100 times worse! Thank god for my Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry you experienced unpleasant results! I wish everyone could love it as much as me. Smile

I've been using it for many months now...when I first started I experienced a VERY mild breakout along my left jawline, and it cleared up rather quickly. Now I haven't had a breakout since! I've had an occasional pimple, but as long as I am consistant with using my cleansing cream it never gets into the 'advanced' stage and disappears within a day or two. I am totally in love!!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Does everyone here really use it twice a day ? or once ? or just occasionally ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I use it twice a day and will continue to do so. I love my skin now.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely use it twice a day! A few times I have taken a 'break' and I've always regretted it. I love how it makes my skin so smooth and glowing.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Does everyone here really use it twice a day ? or once ? or just occasionally ?

Definitely twice a day. I go through periods when I stop using it alltogether because I want to try some new stuff but I do go back to it (as I just have) and use it twice a day. I also try to use a warm compress before using it.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
i'm using the creme only in the morning and using the cleansing milk at night and finding that the combination is great. i'm not sure of anyone else's experience, but my skin can be a little oily and i find only using the creme isn't quite enough to clean it sometimes. however, using the milk at night and just a spray of toner means that the next morning i wake up with a lovely clear face, like it feels really clear and not clogged with moisturiser from the night. does that make sense? i've been up since about 6am today *on a Sunday no less* watching hot air balloons fly around and i'm feeling a little adled...

Kiwigirl *i think*
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
ooh Yay! I bought a small size (10g) of this cleanser at a health store today to try it out and see what you guys are all raving about. I can't wait to try it, wish me luck Smile I hope my skin likes it and I get the same results as all the Dr H cult members! I'll keep you posted. Very Happy
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick question, I've used this twice now and feel i've got the hang of the pressing, rolling for applying to the skin, but how do you remove the cleanser thouroughly without wiping it off? It doesn't seem to be avoidable, i've tried kind of pressing and rolling with water and splashing it off but its never going to be completely removed unless I kind of swipe it off with water.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I just sort of splash my face with a LOT of water, it seems to do the trick. Maybe you are using too much cleansing cream? I use about a pea size. I think I remember the instructions that came with the full size tube saying to squeeze out half an inch.
surfer123
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been reading alot of positive reviews about Dr H Cleansing Cream. Can it be used for dry skin types also?

Thanks,

surfer123
Mabsy

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Surfer - I think this would be great for dry skins because it is very gentle and does not leave the skin stripped. On the contrary, it leaves it feeling comfortable and, in my case with normal skin, a bit moisturised.
surfer123
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
thanks mabsy - will add this to my 'to buy' list !! Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients. I don't buy things that do not list exactly what is in them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I had previously purchased a starter kit from Dr. H because I wanted to try the cleansing cream. I was so disappointed because I gagged and gagged from the smell. It was terrible and I couldn't imagine anyone being able to use it. Everyone said I'd get used to it so I tried it a couple more times and couldn't even complete the cleansing process because of the dang smell!

I was still looking for a new cleanser and so many people praise the cleansing cream that I decided to buy a full size tube and try it again. I used it last night and again this morning and loved the smell and the routine! My face looks so refreshed today! I can only guess the previous sample tube I had went bad? I ordered the first one from Sephora so I would expect it to be fresh, but I swear it was rancid smelling even though I don't see how with the ingredients. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm so glad I tried it again! I'm ordering another tube from EDS today.

-Cheri
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I had previously purchased a starter kit from Dr. H because I wanted to try the cleansing cream. I was so disappointed because I gagged and gagged from the smell. It was terrible and I couldn't imagine anyone being able to use it. Everyone said I'd get used to it so I tried it a couple more times and couldn't even complete the cleansing process because of the dang smell!

I was still looking for a new cleanser and so many people praise the cleansing cream that I decided to buy a full size tube and try it again. I used it last night and again this morning and loved the smell and the routine! My face looks so refreshed today! I can only guess the previous sample tube I had went bad? I ordered the first one from Sephora so I would expect it to be fresh, but I swear it was rancid smelling even though I don't see how with the ingredients. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm so glad I tried it again! I'm ordering another tube from EDS today.

-Cheri

Cheri, I had the absolute same reaction when I tried the Cleansing Cream for the first time. It stank so bad that I had to wash it off pretty much straight away. But I thought it would be such a shame to waste it so I carried on using it and now I actually LOVE the smell of it! Rolling Eyes Laughing It's funny how you can get used to something that initially made you wanna retch Embarassed
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
phredd4 wrote:

-Cheri

Cheri, I had the absolute same reaction when I tried the Cleansing Cream for the first time. It stank so bad that I had to wash it off pretty much straight away. But I thought it would be such a shame to waste it so I carried on using it and now I actually LOVE the smell of it! Rolling Eyes Laughing It's funny how you can get used to something that initially made you wanna retch Embarassed

I still have the first sample tube, and the new full size tube smells completely different. I really think I got a bad tube with the sample kit. Anyway, I received the clarifying toner today and can't wait to try it out tonight. I like the smell of it too, but it will have to perform extremely well for me to give up my Clinque Mild Clarifying Lotion. The Dr. H Bronze concentrate and rejuvenating mask are on the way as well. I'm excited trying all these new products!

-Cheri
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:20 am      Reply with quote
The rejuvenating mask is great!!! I have never tried the bronze concentrate, please let us know how it works out for you. Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I have just got my bronze concentrate through and it is a bit like foundation except you don't get lots of streaks its really easy to blend in and just seems to match your skin tone straight away.
I found it evened out my skin tone warmed up my complexion and gave me a healthy little glow Very Happy
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference between the Dr H toned day cream and using the bronze concentrate? Confused
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering about the Rejuvinating Mask. Is it worth buying? Cool
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Don't know why some people are having problems with the smell. It's a bit close to the smell of Tiger Balm...so it's nothing new. It actually has more of an herbal scent that makes it natural and I kinda like it. I think guys like the smell but women don't because it's a masculine scent.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
i just ordered the Dr. H CC and rejuvenating mask
hope i like it Smile
missykiehls
5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Keep us posted how it worked for you!

I got some whiteheads on my forehead (which never happened before) 2 months after using Dr H CC, but its no big deal because I could have been too overzealous with the pressing and rolling.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |